Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Looks like their parent is less an overbearing corporate overlord and more utterly evaporated; their stock has been worthless for a while and their website doesn’t exist. Not even notable enough for a Wikipedia page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

chaosbreather posted:

Looks like their parent is less an overbearing corporate overlord and more utterly evaporated; their stock has been worthless for a while and their website doesn’t exist. Not even notable enough for a Wikipedia page.
This looks to be their site - pretty barren:
https://www.alliance.games/studios

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Two 'upcoming' games to publish, one of which was apparently going to be released 2019 or 2020. Ach :smith: https://store.steampowered.com/app/878690/Morning_Star/

Orthogonalus
Feb 26, 2008
Right angles ONLY
IT'S OUT

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Downloading the games thru the bbs takes a couple minutes :3:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

holy poo poo i love the presentation, gutted i have to do bad programming right now for stupid work instead of good programming for video game

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
Sad I missed the collector's edition, but oh man I'm loving this a handful of puzzles into 20th Century Food Court.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

I can't see how the last Zachtronics game could be anything but bittersweet, but it's good to be enjoying it in fine company.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
How do I get that hot pocket down the conveyor two steps faster? Can I heat it on the move somehow?

Ohhhhh I didn't even get to post this before I figured out I'm a dumb. I think I ate too much robot paint.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am playing this one on Microsoft Gamepass

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Weirdly compelling. Is there a keyboard shortcut to go back to the hand tool?

e: It's right clicking.

You can get a lot done if you go ham with the tape. And because you can move parts out from under the tape without damaging it, if you set up a checkerboard pattern you can reuse it.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jul 5, 2022

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I tried X’BPGH: The Forbidden Path and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. I match the given pattern, but I don't get any notification that I got it right.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I tried X’BPGH: The Forbidden Path and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. I match the given pattern, but I don't get any notification that I got it right.

A glyph lights up in the bottom left of the display when you have it right, and you click on that to finish. There’s should be an audio cue to go with it.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

I really was not expecting the gunpla simulator to be the most engrossing part of this package but I spent over an hour recreating the canon mecha.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jul 5, 2022

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

Weirdly compelling. Is there a keyboard shortcut to go back to the hand tool?

e: It's right clicking.

You can get a lot done if you go ham with the tape. And because you can move parts out from under the tape without damaging it, if you set up a checkerboard pattern you can reuse it.

Yeah the premise seems like "oh do i really want to do this" but it sucked me in and took up most of my play time this evening lol.

I wish it had a magnifying glass though because my eyes are not good enough to do the fine detail work to my satisfaction lol, i am using an OS-level magnifier

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
What determines the time score for the food court? Whichever recipe takes the longest?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
that ZXQW or whatever game's aesthetic reminds me of Cybernoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbpKTigWrT4

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Jabor posted:

What determines the time score for the food court? Whichever recipe takes the longest?
Yeah - it's the highest tick count out of all requests.
e: Sad to say I'm not really feeling this one all that much. It's...fine...just not really what I was hoping for.

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 5, 2022

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I wish you could create your own join points in the model maker + access the gif creator without finishing the model as intended.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'd love to see this fleshed out (ha) as a full game. It's absolutely fascinating and with larger stages and a bit more precision on the rules it's got real potential.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

I just want to know if I can open the envelope that came with the special edition yet. or what the numbers on the business card mean.

Honestly, I like this! It's a little different, and hits me in a slightly melancholy way - and not only because it's the company's swansong, but because anything that hits that "the old Internet, when things were better" reflex thing (like, for example, Hypnospace Outlaw)

I do think that 20th Century Food Court is too unclear about how it operates for its own good, however. More frustrating than interesting.

I'm *also* engrossed by the gunpla thing, but I wish I could work out where these two little fins go so the thing will know I've completed the model :( I'm as bad at model making in this as I am in reality

Green Wing fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 5, 2022

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
You can see the pins on the hip guard thingy where they slot in.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Can you do the later stages of X'BPGH with a "stable" solution, or do you have to time it juust right so it's the correct solution at the last frame? I'm having major issues finding a solution to the upper right stage.

Overall impressions so far: Presentation is top notch, but none of the minigames have really "clicked" with me like previous Zachtronics games. Maybe because there's no actual programming games included.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oh right does this game have feelie/hidden materials even outside the deluxe edition... i wonder how that works with gamepass

like i know Shenzhen I/O and Exapunks had pdf stuff

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

I'm actually having the most fun with Dungeons and Diagrams, it teaches you the various patterns to solve it well.

X'BLRGH kind of reminds me of the weird incomprehensible and powerfully French Exxos games

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
What the gently caress, the OR gate in Chipwizard is already loving me up :negative: how am I so bad at this.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

grate deceiver posted:

What the gently caress, the OR gate in Chipwizard is already loving me up :negative: how am I so bad at this.

Had a brainstorm on that one while driving into work and now it is killing me that I have to wait to get home to try it. But yeah this one is maybe the worse I have ever been at a Zachtronics game. The food one is more my speed.

And dungeons and diagrams is the best.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Well gently caress.

I learned about the Alliance ownership from flipping through Zach-Like, IIRC. The kid of one of my favorite teachers is going to college for Game Design in the fall and I suggested the book would be a nice HS graduation gift.

In other news, I found Madness' thread in SA-Mart and ordered a print of the Z5.
My order arrived today and it was perfect!

Here's how it looks all stickered up.

If you haven't gotten your system printed up, you should give Madness a look.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

X'BPGH has been my favourite so far, although I haven't tried all of them yet. I'm on puzzle fifteen, and frustratingly in one solution I need one more instruction than is available and in another attempt it takes one tick too long. I'll get it soon, I'm sure.

Last Call is a really fitting name for the final Zachtronics game, huh? Especially for something that's more a collection of minigames than a proper Zachlike. Sort of like, we're closing up shop, check out all the projects we never quite managed to work into a full game.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Gonna buy this just for Steed Force alone, everything else is a bonus.

gently caress, probably going to reinstall MASS Builder as well. I've got the gunpla shakes again.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Jesus can someone help me with the OR gate in Chipwizard? I feel like I am just fundamentally failing to learn what it is trying to teach me. If someone could post a solution so I can reverse engineer it or a hint...

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Jesus can someone help me with the OR gate in Chipwizard? I feel like I am just fundamentally failing to learn what it is trying to teach me. If someone could post a solution so I can reverse engineer it or a hint...

Here is how I did it.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Oldstench posted:

Here is how I did it.

Interesting. I tried to start using the V+ but could not quite figure out how it figured in. I also really got into my head that it was trying to teach me the PNP transistors so it never occurred to me to play with the NPNs. Assumptions I suppose.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

ymgve posted:

Can you do the later stages of X'BPGH with a "stable" solution, or do you have to time it juust right so it's the correct solution at the last frame? I'm having major issues finding a solution to the upper right stage.

Beats me. I can't figure out how to limit the number of eyeballs to three.

What I thought the next to last instruction would do is, if there's skin north of metal, then the skin does nothing and ignores all further instructions. What the next to last instruction ACTUALLY does, is absolutely nothing.

I've done what I assume you have (created and killed a beard over and over again in the fourth eye slot) but it is SO SLOPPY.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 6, 2022

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Interesting. I tried to start using the V+ but could not quite figure out how it figured in. I also really got into my head that it was trying to teach me the PNP transistors so it never occurred to me to play with the NPNs. Assumptions I suppose.

The nice thing about Chipwizard is you can cheat by just looking up actual electronic circuits :v:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sam Sanskrit posted:

lol I am struggling on this one too... the first design i made ended up passing the signal when either input was on but not when both were on... the second attempt I guess I didn't fully understand how electricity flows across vias lol.

I am gonna keep working at it without looking at any hints though

Edit: OH... I had completely ignored the voltage as a constant signal that you could use for the transistors lol. Posting works

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 6, 2022

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Chipwizard sounds cool, I should take a look at it. I got sucked way into the food court and haven't really looked at anything later lol.

I really like the enforced 15 minute timer before you can download another game - it's both very thematic, and it makes you take a decent look at each game instead of just skimming them and moving on.

KNR
May 3, 2009

ymgve posted:

I don't know if an unstable solution would also be accepted, but I did every puzzle with a stable one. For that particular puzzle, I did seed above metal is bone, skin above bone is eye, bone below eye dies. Then refill the slot with skin afterwards.

I think X'BPGH is overall my favorite on the bunch and the one I would most have liked to see expanded upon (avoiding the obvious pun because I don't actually like its aesthetic very much).

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Built a robot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Anyone up for writing a blurb about Last Call so I can stuff it in the OP? I'll get to the game soon hopefully, just haven't had the capacity.