Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

These “bust rodd should come back” jokes are dangerous, people might actually think you’re being serious!!

I’ve started Ghosts of Tsushima, only a few hours in but so far I’m liking it! I’m playing on Lethal mode, which is pretty fun. Fights are over quickly, one way or another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We are serious. We want Bust to come back

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm sure bust rodd is already back and ready to post just hes probably probated having posted in another thread

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PS+ Premium news

Continuing the tradition of "doing unpaid work for Sony", here are some updates regarding PS+ Premium I was able to dig up.

Shadow Warrior 3 it seems is pretty certainly leaving the service today (in about an hour in North America).
Also leaving this month is the PS3 game Syberia, leaving July 19th.

The PC app for streaming appears to have been fixed, and now no longer shows games which aren't actually available for streaming. The retro header still says "PS1, PSP and PS2 games" despite only having PS2 games but whatever.

I have two lists of titles for North America:

Here's the list of all games on the service and I tagged the ones that aren't streamable (I think it's complete but I may have missed some) https://pastebin.com/bhVAPRjw

Here's the streaming-only game list https://pastebin.com/mADbm7pL

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Calidus posted:

Is there any place better than good will to donate old games? My local library won’t take them, GameStop is offering a $1 each.

I'm getting back into retro games so depending on the game I might be willing to buy them off you if you don't sell to Cas first.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hr8aqGp5mk

Ps3 dev kit, the size of a ps5!

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Escobarbarian posted:

Trying Larry Sanders again while on this train journey and it’s a funny show with a great cast but it’s just too slow-paced. You could so easily trim these episodes down to 20-22 minutes and not lose anything. It’s like one joke every thirty seconds. Compared to 30 Rock which has one joke every five to seven seconds and at least 75% of them are great. Sanders has the same issues Netflix shows do but 25 years beforehand.

Well it's less a joke vehicle and more an examination of the masks people wear and their need to be loved. The first season especially is setting up the dynamics of the office, perhaps too much. Best episodes are "Hanks Sex Tape" "Next Stop...Bottom" "Putting the Gay in Litigation" "Hank's Night in the Sun" "Off Camera" and "Adolf Hankler"

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

These “bust rodd should come back” jokes are dangerous, people might actually think you’re being serious!!

I’ve started Ghosts of Tsushima, only a few hours in but so far I’m liking it! I’m playing on Lethal mode, which is pretty fun. Fights are over quickly, one way or another

I like Bust Rodd, he's a pretty nice guy.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I know talking about games is frowned upon here, but:

does anyone know whether, if I buy a disc copy of it takes two, my friend who doesn't own it can co op with me (remotely) for free?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

The Perfect Element posted:

does anyone know whether, if I buy a disc copy of it takes two, my friend who doesn't own it can co op with me (remotely) for free?

Not sure that would work unless its like through remote play, if thats what you mean.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

The Perfect Element posted:

Yes, they just download the game as well for free, but they obviously won’t be able to play it unless they’re playing with someone with a copy of the game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think you actually can- there's a listing on the store for a free item called "It Takes Two Friend's Pass", which claims to let you play the game when paired up with someone who owns a paid copy

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Already answered repeatedly but here are the friend passes for It Takes Two.

PS4: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA16742_00-HAZELIGHTNUTS000
PS5: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-PPSA02342_00-HAZELIGHTNUTS000

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Thanks goons. I saw the friend passes, just wanted to make sure I didn't try to get us set up and then be screwed over by some small print.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think RE7 might be the best Resident Evil ever, for me at least. I mean, it's flawed for sure. The enemy variety is low, the endgame pacing is a little off, despite it being probably too short...But it's the scariest RE by a long shot and in a lot of ways the the most creative. The shift to first person took some balls on Capcoms part, but they pull it off so well and with such confidence that it feels totally like a "real" Resident Evil game. For some reason I just find it more fun to play than RE8 too. Not that I didn't like Village. It was decent but kind of a letdown after 7. Also the VR support was such a cool addition. Glad 8 is getting it now but I hope I dont have to rebuy the whole game for it.

The story also is actually probably my second favorite (next to RE4) even if it's idiotic, but they are all really stupid so I don't mind it's part of the charm.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

huh thats cool, might play it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

I think RE7 might be the best Resident Evil ever, for me at least. I mean, it's flawed for sure. The enemy variety is low, the endgame pacing is a little off, despite it being probably too short...But it's the scariest RE by a long shot and in a lot of ways the the most creative. The shift to first person took some balls on Capcoms part, but they pull it off so well and with such confidence that it feels totally like a "real" Resident Evil game. For some reason I just find it more fun to play than RE8 too. Not that I didn't like Village. It was decent but kind of a letdown after 7. Also the VR support was such a cool addition. Glad 8 is getting it now but I hope I dont have to rebuy the whole game for it.

The story also is actually probably my second favorite (next to RE4) even if it's idiotic, but they are all really stupid so I don't mind it's part of the charm.

yeah it owns. i cant see it as anything other than what it is. but i bet village will play 1000 times better in 3rd person, ngl.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Does anyone have recommendations for totally spooky games that are actually could be played co-operatively, or even just controller swapping?

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aipsh posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for totally spooky games that are actually could be played co-operatively, or even just controller swapping?

Until Dawn is basically an interactive horror movie, it's a lot of fun with a partner.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Aipsh posted:

In general it seems like Resident Evil would cover those bases the best. Controller swapping for more recent ones. A bunch of the older ones have co-op but those ones aren't all that spooky imo.

Also Until Dawn, Dark Pictures anthology, the Quarry...

I can think of a lot of horror themed co-op games, L4D Back for Blood, Vermintide etc. but wouldn't actually consider any of those very spooky at all.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

veni veni veni posted:

Also the VR support was such a cool addition. Glad 8 is getting it now but I hope I dont have to rebuy the whole game for it.

What they’ve shown of 8VR makes it look like a pretty drastic upgrade, more like RE4VR than 7’s VR mode, so unfortunately it seems pretty likely it’ll be a paid upgrade. Should be drat good though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh I would happily pay for the upgrade. It does appear that it's going to be way more extensive than RE7s Vr support. I just hope they don't pull a "buy the whole game for 60 bux" again when I already have the PS5 version. I don't really expect that to be the case though. Capcom has been mostly cool about RE upgrades so far. I'd be fine with paying $20 dollars for it. Would reluctantly probably even do 30. It's just the worst when some VR version gets released and publishers treat it like a whole new game you have to buy *cough, bethesda*

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

I dunno why they won't put the RE VR games on actual good VR platforms like the Index

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

In general it seems like Resident Evil would cover those bases the best. Controller swapping for more recent ones. A bunch of the older ones have co-op but those ones aren't all that spooky imo.

Also Until Dawn, Dark Pictures anthology, the Quarry...

I can think of a lot of horror themed co-op games, L4D Back for Blood, Vermintide etc. but wouldn't actually consider any of those very spooky at all.

RE 7 and 8 have pretty clearly separated gameplay sections that alternate between combat and exploration, my partner is not as much of a gamer so they did the exploration and puzzles while I did the combat. It depends on how much your co-player is into video games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I dunno why they won't put the RE VR games on actual good VR platforms like the Index

Sony is giving them money for it presumedly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aipsh posted:

I can't even think of any good co-op games in general let alone spooky ones.

At best if you're looking for that kind of vibe then I guess Dead Space and FEAR 3 are the best you can do right now.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

play overcooked bc it's spooky to realize how frustrated you can get at a friends inability to follow simple directions

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Alien Isolation is spookier than any RE game, but co op? Yeah it's overcooked

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Aipsh posted:

until dawn, man of madan, the quarry? or whatever it was. basically all those dark pictures stuff and stuff like until dawn.

bloodborne.
demon's souls

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Aipsh posted:

SOMA is good. You can kinda swap controllers with that one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ShoogaSlim posted:

play overcooked bc it's spooky to realize how frustrated you can get at a friends inability to follow simple directions

30 minutes in

"yay teamwork"

2 hours in

"no it's cool man I guess dropping burgers on the ground all of the time is just your thing

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Alien Isolation is spookier than any RE game, but co op? Yeah it's overcooked

:lol: Alien Isolation is absolutely not spooky because the Alien AI is CLEARLY cheating, irregardless of what YouTube tries to tell you. I mean, how can that thing move SO FAST from one vent to another or room? It‘s a single thing. There‘s no way a single creature can move that fast. It‘s bullshit. That‘s why I stopped playing….

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Irregardless isnt a word...and the game owns just like the first 2 movies. Also it's the Xenomorph lol, have you not seen Alien? It goes from chestburster to full grown predator hunting the crew in like 20 minutes

Senator Drinksalot fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 5, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

From the many documented tests on Aliens similar in size and stride to the Xenomorph performed back in the 1880's in Area 51 we can reasonably conclude that the speed of the alien in the game is-

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Also it's not one creature, there's a Xenomorph nest in Isolation

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The difficulty really annoyed me in Alien Isolation. I heard it’s better on easy. Is that accurate?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That’s gotta be the weirdest complaint I have seen about alien isolation.

Edit: the “cheating” thing not KD

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

The difficulty really annoyed me in Alien Isolation. I heard it’s better on easy. Is that accurate?

Yeah

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’d say play it on normal for the best experience, don’t mess with hard. But going down to easy if normal was annoying you is probably fine too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

it's been a documented fact for years that alien isolation is a better game on normal or easy. do no play it on hard, it ruins the tension