Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Actually Camera Cuts Good is a new one on me, my assumption was always that these people just grit their teeth and dealt with WWE's poo poo production because they got to see their favorites.

LOL they actually like Kevin Dunn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Mark Madden's interactions are the funniest poo poo lately.

https://twitter.com/MarkMaddenX/status/1544193938277314560

It's almost like he's a giant "mark"

lmao he's sunk to following AEW Botches tier

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

D.N. Nation posted:

Actually Camera Cuts Good is a new one on me, my assumption was always that these people just grit their teeth and dealt with WWE's poo poo production because they got to see their favorites.

LOL they actually like Kevin Dunn

At this point I think they're hoping history will vindicate them. Except they've been doing cuts more for 20 years now so we have a large sample size of "this is poo poo".

bartok
May 10, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

It's almost like he's a giant "mark"

When I think refs who didn't try to get over I think Nick Patrick the referee for the NWO who had a PPV match against Jericho and Charles "Lil Naitch" Robinson who was Flair's lackey until Macho Man nearly killed him with an elbow drop.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

MassRafTer posted:

There's so many things wrong with this:

a) She's not 'just a ref', she's the project coordinator, she works in AEW Games, and she co-hosts their podcast.

b) Aubrey Edwards is not a bigger television character than Nick Patrick or even Lil Naitch.

c) What does 'being a star' have to do with copyright striking some videos?

d) AEW Botches claiming to have a trusted source inside AEW who could know all this very specific info. Who within AEW would even know for sure if she did do this?

e) This 'source' just happens to be able to point blame at a specific known woman in the company instead of some unknown social media or tech-related employee. I'm trying to imagine Aubrey first knowing about this channel, and then, giving enough of a gently caress to get in contact with the legal department to get stuff taken down. Is that the legal department's job? Seems unlikely to me.

f) Kenny Olivier is apparently Jim Cornette's stupid name for Omega, because being compared to Laurence Olivier is apparently a huge burn? There's nothing about being a wrestler that involves acting of course. Seems like this person's Twitter is suspended too, so maybe he's just not good at keeping his content from getting deplatformed for... some reason.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Reminder that Mark Madden was on board with AEW until he attended a show in Pittsburgh and the audience booed him.

He's a petty, petty man and I don't know why local radio here still gives him an outlet.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

A Fancy Hat posted:

Reminder that Mark Madden was on board with AEW until he attended a show in Pittsburgh and the audience booed him.

He's a petty, petty man and I don't know why local radio here still gives him an outlet.

Because radio is dying and stations will keep on people who work cheap and draw in whatever listeners they have left.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The audience booing him isn't AEW's fault.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Alaois posted:

lmao he's sunk to following AEW Botches tier

He follows Gareth too haha

https://twitter.com/MarkMaddenX/status/1544195192718123008?t=eeQbpKapmCxkrEcQ-TrArA&s=19

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

When did they redefine mega star to have such a low bar

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Madden is one of those insufferable people who reflexively disagrees with everything just for the sake of disagreeing

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Fancy Hat posted:

its pretty confounding tbh

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

History Comes Inside! posted:

WWE is really putting everything into Theory being their next star with a push and backing not seen since Roman. They're trying to manifest it desperately as they freak out that Roman's going to walk for Hollywood and has reached peak age for McMahon. It's not working because it's Theory, he never had The Shield he's just a guy.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

TV Zombie posted:

The audience booing him isn't AEW's fault.

Yes but to Mark it is.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

WWE is really putting everything into Theory being their next star with a push and backing not seen since Roman. They're trying to manifest it desperately as they freak out that Roman's going to walk for Hollywood and has reached peak age for McMahon. It's not working because it's Theory, he never had The Shield he's just a guy.

even aside from Roman's history in the Shield, pushing Roman as a mega star at least makes sense in that he is an attractive man with a good face and not a repulsive toad person

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Lashley got a much, much harder push. Drew too. They doing the half push with lots of jobs and just associating him with Vince for months where the actual people they push hard just never lose.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
There's a decent chance Theory is being built to a failed cash-in on Roman which would be very funny

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, the actual push is Cody but he broke he tiddy

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

El Generico posted:

f) Kenny Olivier is apparently Jim Cornette's stupid name for Omega, because being compared to Laurence Olivier is apparently a huge burn? There's nothing about being a wrestler that involves acting of course. Seems like this person's Twitter is suspended too, so maybe he's just not good at keeping his content from getting deplatformed for... some reason.

Laurence Olivier was an actor and actors are gay. Kenny is gay and is bad. Therefore, the gay man is like an actor because reasons.

Cornette’s logic is infallible, don’t try to argue with it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, the actual push is Cody but he broke he tiddy

True, but like Bpbby and Drew they came tested (both having been tried and failed before having to make their bones elsewhere). Roman and Theory are WWE products, and while they push their products hard in the past (Corbin most notoriously) it does feel like they see something in Theory that just isn't there.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

wasn't Theory an indie guy who came in through Evolve

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Venomous posted:

Maybe, Evolve was such a vector proxy developmental for WWE for so long its always weird seeing how much talent went through there. It is also the reason why the official WWE youtube has an Eddie Kingston promo on it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I was at the Takeover where they announced his signing and had him in the crowd and no one gave a gently caress.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Venomous posted:

He was widely thought of as an industry plant since he was a bodybuilder who ended up in the WWNverse very quickly.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

He was widely thought of as an industry plant since he was a bodybuilder who ended up in the WWNverse very quickly.

you know what, that makes perfect sense, especially since Vince likes the fucker for some reason

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Mark madden is having an extremely normal one

He seems weirdly fixated on actually responding to people, i’ll give him that much credit. He won’t actually engage with the points, mind you.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Venomous posted:

you know what, that makes perfect sense, especially since Vince likes the fucker for some reason

By widely I should say "the three people who watched EVOLVE thought that."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

By widely I should say "the three people who watched EVOLVE thought that."

Weird that Gabe would tweet that about his own company.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I still can't get over the time Madden tweeted this...about something he wrote about in the Torch at the time:
https://twitter.com/MarkMaddenX/status/1256254800699760642
He must always disagree and proclaim himself right, no matter the topic.

davidbix fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 5, 2022

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/396ff915100b407/status/1543790140010762241?t=qqtL3QHE7zSwR6trJc4gSA&s=19
https://twitter.com/396ff915100b407/status/1543998605127729154?t=UljfZgAre0KrpRUYmRNPkA&s=19

I don't understand how fraud works.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

fully agog at this one

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

She somehow botched so bad she gave a fan CTE

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Almost as low as the ages of the girls Austin Theory is in to.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

lmao

Austin Theory's Wikipedia page posted:

On May 5, 2016, he made his professional wrestling debut under the ring name Austin Theory, defeating AR Fox at a WWA4 event to win the WWA4 Heavyweight Championship.

definitely not suspicious af, nope

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Venomous posted:

lmao

Fed Bait, Theory had to go.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Venomous posted:

lmao

Is it, though? It's the title on the student shows he was on.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Venomous posted:

lmao

You missed the absolute best section of his wiki page:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

your friend wicka posted:

:holymoley:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Goddam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

:discourse:

davidbix posted:

Is it, though? It's the title on the student shows he was on.

I mean, you're right, but considering WWA4 was a feeder school for Evolve (and is still a feeder school for WWN if their website is any indication), and Evolve was a feeder promotion for the Fed, idk if that was a political decision from above to have him win the belt in his debut

anyway, that's probably a load of bullshit, because apparently he wrestled in a three way match at Glory Pro the week before he won the belt, so chances are he wrestled a few other matches before then that haven't made it onto Cagematch, or something like that

what I'm saying is that it's not hard to see where the whole 'industry plant' thing comes from at this point