Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Speaking of scale, I'm not sure what to think about the dinobots being in the upcoming core class range. Not only will they look weird next to the bots they've already released, but they have a lot of parts so they might actually end up smaller? Or will they be deluxe sized?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Red Rox posted:

Seriously though, why is that legends core class Shockwave so blue? The studio series one is the normal purple?

He's in the G1 toy colors

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I feel like that photo makes him look bluer than he is, as well.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Purple is notoriously impossible to properly photograph. It's either super saturated or blue

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Do you have an example of the G1 toy being different from the one below? I can't find one anywhere. Did they rerelease it early on in purple?

Not a big deal, I was just confused. I bought the Pocket Toys version and he fits pretty well with the other core class guys, cause he's a bit taller. But he's a lot lighter, almost pink.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 4, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Red Rox posted:

Do you have an example of the G1 toy being different from the one below? I can't find one anywhere. Did they rerelease it early on in purple?

Not a big deal, I was just confused. I bought the Pocket Toys version and he fits pretty well with the other core class guys, cause he's a bit taller. But he's a lot lighter, almost pink.

That looks like the colour core Soundwave is to me tbh, and I'd call it purple for sure

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Shiftypenguin posted:

Found a lone Sludge at Target this AM. He's such a delightful chunky boy and his dino mode is surprisingly full of character. His dino head has a wide range of articulation too, which is nice.

My only gripes are the lazy weapon storage in dino mode and no sword. Otherwise he's a winner.

Did you have any problems with the joints like some people do?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
They're a smidgen on the loose side, but not too bad.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/tfw2005/status/1543880683554082816

It looks nice, and the Transformation looks like it'll be cool. My only real complaint is why are we getting core class figures in the Studio Series line of Deluxe size guys? So far it's just him and Shockwave, but why not Core class Bee, Cliffjumper, Brawn, or Wheelie?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
He reminds me very strongly of the Hot Soldiers legends scale Ratchet.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Anora posted:

It looks nice, and the Transformation looks like it'll be cool. My only real complaint is why are we getting core class figures in the Studio Series line of Deluxe size guys? So far it's just him and Shockwave, but why not Core class Bee, Cliffjumper, Brawn, or Wheelie?

Wheelie is actually coming per leaks. As for Bee et al, Hasbro has committed to making most Minibots at the Deluxe price point. Cosmos is coming up next.

The core class main cast stuff is like, an attempt to get a slice of the new age pocket scale pie.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I think it's a response to deluxes closing in on $30. You can't just impulse buy at that price, but $12 isn't entirely impossible

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DoctorWhat posted:

Wheelie is actually coming per leaks. As for Bee et al, Hasbro has committed to making most Minibots at the Deluxe price point. Cosmos is coming up next.

The core class main cast stuff is like, an attempt to get a slice of the new age pocket scale pie.

Yeah, what with starting out with the Big Names it feels like they're floating an attempt at the legends class market. Especially considering they've done such a good job of things at the usual size classes, there may be more people than just me who don't really feel the need to update any more. With the IF/Newage style, it's a chance to convince people to to buy all these guys again, but smaller.

E: I like what IF is doing, but Mirage aside (and the Lambros if they ever turn up again), I'm making the conscious decision to only buy minibots from them. Otherwise it will turn into "buy all these guys again". Yes, I'm counting Breastforce in that, sadly.

Phy fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 4, 2022

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

That's a fine looking Ratchet.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
if core class is the way to go, decent core class combiners would be awesome.

give me a modern monstructor plz

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just met a legend - I was briefly stopped in traffic next to a blue and silver Datsun 280ZX, the proverbial Blue Bluestreak

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so they also revealed a core class dotm Laserbeak and

https://twitter.com/id_armed/status/1544032989558067208?t=8rtpM3p3mPts3CjT-P4ZrQ&s=19

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Vaporware posted:

I think it's a response to deluxes closing in on $30. You can't just impulse buy at that price, but $12 isn't entirely impossible

It's also this, and many retailers not stocking figures at the deluxe or higher price point anymore. Hear a lot of that from the UK lately.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Anora posted:

That looks good!

One reason why? No easily seen gaps in arms and legs.

I hate how so many have hollow arms/legs and even weapons being dug into with gaps on the sides instead of being more solid.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Phy posted:

Just met a legend - I was briefly stopped in traffic next to a blue and silver Datsun 280ZX, the proverbial Blue Bluestreak

Genuinely the most hype post here in months, I'd have flipped my poo poo. Then possibly GTA'd the poor driver and sped off into the night like a lunatic.

Can't explain it, I just get excited like a 5 year old anytime I see a 280z. Caught an ep of Wheeler Dealers a while back where they buy and restore one and was amazed how little they were asking for it afterwards, would have bought the drat thing in a heartbeat.

Transformers warped my tiny mind, etc.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Phy posted:

Wouldn't that be Smokescreen?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dabir posted:

Smokescreen is red, white, and blue, with racing modifications and livery.

Silverstreak is the blue Bluestreak, officially, according to The Buzzworthy Bumblebee line. The silver hood is a streak of silver, apparently.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I'm always excited to see a recognizable TF car irl. I saw a ratchet van once and was like "oh it's tiny"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

This but junkier, basically. Like, it looked like a well-kept but unrestored car from the late 70s/early 80s, not show quality. Unfortunately we both had somewhere to be, but I hope I get to see it around town again!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/TFShowUK/status/1544264887353987072

Oh gently caress oh yes

https://twitter.com/TFShowUK/status/1544264256140500992

Oh... kay. Not super interested since I have the T30 one, but he's very nice looking. Gives me hope for more off beat series picks like RiD Strongarm, or maybe more of the IDW guys, like Whirl or Drift. It has been ages since we got a good new Drift.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The promise is fulfilled, that Inferno looks amazing. Articulated jaw! Love it!

Now where's Lugnut, Hasbro?

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Me and my four year old are excited for that Starscream (he's currently mainlining Armada, the 6 year old prefers Prime). Looks super cool. I just love the designs from Armada, I think they're neat. Hyped for Megatron.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Starscream has the Star Saber! He’s perfect!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I love my T30 Armada Starscream

but this boy is voyager class :swoon:

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
These core class drops are fabulous. I really feel the love in the engineering and character choices.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
They couldn’t do the “wing part turns into a sword” thing again, eh?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Armada Starscream should have included his human girlfriend from the show.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
She knit him a quilt.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Dabir posted:

The promise is fulfilled, that Inferno looks amazing. Articulated jaw! Love it!

Now where's Lugnut, Hasbro?

:hmmyes:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The MSJ posted:

I, too, wish they would bring back Kiss Players

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
It may just be a purple hunk of plastic but man does that throne really bring the display together

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The MSJ posted:

Alexis was like fourteen. I think she just wanted to be his friend.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Nodosaur posted:

The entire boyband industry exists to cater to the horniness of that demographic. It's notably intense and focused.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

This is not a battle you will win on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I feel like I'm close to just not collecting anymore on account of having good versions of the characters I like and just the costs in general but... ooh, that's a "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in" moment.