Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

This is absolutely a matter of opinions with no right answer but me? I love some good frakking fake expletives since gently caress is verboten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Mokinokaro posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if they do similar silliness in Japanese.

Sure, but then there's enough of a language barrier I won't notice or care nearly as much, IE -ttebayo. :v:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if they do similar silliness in Japanese.

Not usually; Japanese doesn't quite have the same concept of curse words as English. Localizing the Japanese Nopon-talk also required some heavier changes, since the Nopon "quirk" in Japanese can't really be translated. While Tora still kinda sucks, he's much less bad in JP due to his voice IMO (and I don't interpret the Poppi stuff as a sex thing so much as a "nerd thing"). Tatsu from X is equally terrible regardless of voice - in general the XCX voices are extremely similar between the JP and EN dubs; kinda reminds me of something like Persona 4/5 where they do an uncannily good job of making the English sound like "a perfect English representation of their Japanese voices."

I'll be going with the JP as usual, but unlike in XC2 I'm tempted to do the English some (and probably will for any second run or NG+). What we've heard in the trailers is very good and generally seems XC1 quality (though the trailer content is likely going to be well directed so might not be representative).

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I played xenoblade 1 in English and 2 in Japanese. I think the mouths not being synced to English VO took me out, but also I actually really enjoyed the Japanese VO essentially being a shounen anime voice over. Loved that

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'll play the dub as always because I'm not a coward

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

me when someone asks if i'm playing with the dub or the jp voice acting

anyway congrats to everyone who participated and succeeded in securing a collector's edition preorder.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

XC2 question:

I’m starting to get some good blades that I want to use from the gacha which is nice, but they start really far below my other blades in terms of trust levels as I’ve already got some 5s rolling around. What I’ve been doing is spamming a bunch of low cost pouch items to get them to an acceptable level (ignoring the ones that don’t unlock with trust points) but I was wondering if there was a better way? I’m far enough along where level one feels pretty bad if I’m controlling the driver compared to my mainstays.

I did notice merc missions raise trust but it seems really slow compared to just using the 10 min missions to fill in affinity nodes for blades I’m not currently using.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Nope, spamming pouch items is the fastest way to rise trust.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gonna play the dub, because the blue nopon's English voice is incredible.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Electric Phantasm posted:

Gonna play the dub, because the blue nopon's English voice is incredible.

:same:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

the fastest way to raise trust is love sources (which you get like 15 of for free in one of the DLC item packs by the way)

you can make more after chapter 6

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Half the charm of English dub nopons is that they’re voiced by voice actors who clearly have no experience doing high pitched voices
Remember the nopon secret agent character in 2 who spoke with a suave semi nasal tone, but with nopon affectations? Incredible

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also if I didn't play the dub I wouldn't have been blessed with the angry welsh catgirl

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Amppelix posted:

the fastest way to raise trust is love sources (which you get like 15 of for free in one of the DLC item packs by the way)

you can make more after chapter 6

Nice thanks, I’ll keep an eye out then

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Also if I didn't play the dub I wouldn't have been blessed with the angry welsh catgirl
It was a neat idea that humans all had UKish accents (also some Australian accents) while the Blades had American accents

Which made the "Nia's a balde??" bit a little less obvious

sudonim fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 1, 2022

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

sudonim posted:

It was a neat idea that humans all did UKish English while the Blades did American English

Which made the "Nia's a balde??" bit a little less obvious

What would rule is somehow the Blades were pulled from xcx since they’re American accents.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I have a feeling that the whole thing with the Keves/Agnes soldiers having their own "bound weapons" (that are apparently inherent to them and can be materialized at will) will probably just be explained as "they were created solely to fight, so Blade-related technology was used just to make them inherently suited for that purpose - no need to separately manufacture weapons when you can just kill two birds with one stone." A lot of weirdness involving the various Xenoblade races all being together and having similar lifespans can be explained by the whole "artificially created to fight" thing.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Idly, I put up a poll on Gamefaqs asking which of the 6 MCs you like the most, and shockingly so far, Eunie is in the lead. Noah's in 2nd, Mio's in 3rd, Lanz and Taion are tied for 4th/5th and Sena's in last.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Junpei posted:

Idly, I put up a poll on Gamefaqs asking which of the 6 MCs you like the most, and shockingly so far, Eunie is in the lead. Noah's in 2nd, Mio's in 3rd, Lanz and Taion are tied for 4th/5th and Sena's in last.

She's got the power of memes behind her.

Also simps because people noticed that instead of doing a shared hobby like Noah & Mio playing flute or Lanz & Sena working out. Eunie is drinking while Taion waits on her.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

https://twitter.com/Kamuuei/status/1542003622451367937

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

her angel headears come off???

possible dealbreaker here........

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
it's just clipped out of the thumbnail because twitter

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

IcePhoenix posted:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Well I'm convinced

Eunie ftw

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I found the poll Junpei made and voted. To my dismay Eunie is in second place now.

Bird girls stay losing....

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 4, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mio is the best, though

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyoro posted:

Mio is the best, though

Agreed. I like the way she wears relatively normal clothes. I think this might actually be the Xenoblade with the most normal main party clothes of them all; even in XC1 the primary costumes were kind of goofy.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Agreed. I like the way she wears relatively normal clothes. I think this might actually be the Xenoblade with the most normal main party clothes of them all; even in XC1 the primary costumes were kind of goofy.

also, she's a catgirl

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Riku and Manana would be number 1 if they were on this random poll as they should be.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Incidentally I just got around to finally watching the XBC3 direct and wow this game looks incredible

They've fixed just about every issue I've had with the first two games and made all of the good stuff look even better. I'm officially hyped.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
fuckked up that this game doesnt release for another month. what if i want to play it now, nintendo. did you ever think about that???

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Blaziken386 posted:

fuckked up that this game doesnt release for another month. what if i want to play it now, nintendo. did you ever think about that???

Kill some time by playing with your weiner Monado

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/1544218638055800832?s=20&t=ClnKbzTUTt6qjilau0Km3w

They posted a new track: You Will Know Our Names - Finale.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

XBC3, nothing but certified bangers.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Holy gently caress 1:04 goes so loving hard

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

When should I start bothering with gems in DE? And can someone supply me with an idiots guide to making them. Specifically a guide for idiots not one made by an idiot because I could do the latter myself :v:

I just got to Sword Valley because I decided to progress to a specific point in the story that comes shortly after that before going back to do a billion sidequests/mark hunts. My equipment isn't lacking but I'm intentionally messing with my levels with Expert Mode to keep from overleveling everything and don't know if I should be bothering to optimize gems at the same time at this point.

Further challenge is added by my team being Melia/Sharla/Riki for affinity grinding purposes :v:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You can mess with gems whenever you want, really. You just won’t be making top tier gems until the endgame areas. But you can generally make good gems if you toss your most compatible characters together. Shulk and Reyn are my usual go-to team, Shulk can get into a fever easier and Reyn is good at Strong flame.

The gist is that you pick materials to meld, wah of which has different skills. Once you reach over 100% on a skill or max out the number of materials you can combine, the crafting starts. You have a series of turns where you get a random flame. Small flame increases the cylinder gauge, medium increases several skill %’s at once by a little bit and strong increases the % on one skill by a lot. The % indicates how strong the gem will be, since every gem has a stat range. If you go above a certain % (200?) it will level up to the next level of gem, if you max out the heat (300%?) on the gem it will split and you will get two of the next level gem. If you are going for max heat to get the strongest gems, it helps to only combine materials with one or two different skills so that your turns are more focused, if that makes sense.

If a skill doesn’t hit 100% you can split it off as a cylinder and reuse it for a future gem. You can only get as many different cylinders as times you filled the cylinder gauge. Sometimes you want to do that, so you can get several cylinders that are just under 100% for a skill and combine them to make it easier to hit max heat.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Sharla is really good for helping you to gently caress up a crafting session while still collecting a lot of cylinders that edge ever-closer to 99%.

It's also worth it to mix in garbage ore in order to intentionally dilute the chances of things you care about accidentally hitting 100% while Sharla ruins things.

Then you slam two cylinders together at 96%+98% together and let Shulk and Reyn party down to scream up to 300% which gives you two maxed out copies of the higher-level.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I really hope the English name is You Will Learn Our Names or something continuing the trend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait "Finale"? :ohdear: