Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Shooting in Philly now too. This loving country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Freaquency posted:

Real damned if you do damned if you don’t vibe

https://twitter.com/julianfeeld/status/1543686299701243904

I’m already a couple deep because I’ll be damned if I get shifted to yet another, worse timeline

Bad news lady, the Rapture probably already happened. It just turns out we all suck outside of a dude in, like, Senegal who no one knew existed, so when he got taken up nobody said "hey what the gently caress happened to that guy?"

No Butt Stuff posted:

Shooting in Philly now too. This loving country

Case in point. Two mass shootings here in the last 30 days! gently caress!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Freaquency posted:

I’m already a couple deep because I’ll be damned if I get shifted to yet another, worse timeline

If we take her at her word, why the gently caress would you want to be sober at that moment?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

Bad news lady, the Rapture probably already happened. It just turns out we all suck outside of a dude in, like, Senegal who no one knew existed, so when he got taken up nobody said "hey what the gently caress happened to that guy?"

The 2004 Tsunami in Thailand killed basically the same amount of people that are supposed to be Raptured and so I've assumed that's who got Raptured and we're the left behind.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

FizFashizzle posted:

not gonna post the shooters picture or anything, but 22 yo 4chan poster, white nationalist discord, went to trump rallies, checks all the boxes

Saw his photo on the news, tats on face and neck. One of my bandmates who is from Highland Park said he's the son of a guy who used to have a really great local sandwich shop.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
A story told over 3 days:

Posted this Saturday, when I smoked the 2 pork picnics for several hours.

Pork in 200°f sous vide for 12 hours, then back in refrigerator.

Bags opened, strained liquid, shredded meat, and put in oven to reheat while excess liquid was mixed with Korean pork bulgogi & reduced in a pot. Reduced sauce mixed with pork and put under broiler for a couple minutes.

All this to put on homemade bread with coleslaw for the most :discourse: sandwich you can have.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Lot of time spent, but looks pretty great.

Maybe toss a layer of sliced-off-the-cob roasted sweet corn underneath the meat to give additional texture?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Saw his photo on the news, tats on face and neck. One of my bandmates who is from Highland Park said he's the son of a guy who used to have a really great local sandwich shop.

Yeah kids a silver spoon baby

Dad just lost an election for mayor.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah kids a silver spoon baby

Dad just lost an election for mayor.

My internet diagnosis is that he’s a rich kid who got bored and then got poisoned by being online way too much.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Drinking the day away at Glenlivet distillery, this place is magical

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

not gonna post the shooters picture or anything, but 22 yo 4chan poster, white nationalist discord, went to trump rallies, checks all the boxes

He's got that same rat face as my stepdaughter's trash rear end ex husband that got her hooked on meth.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

This tweet makes me want to drink and it's 930am

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Lmao that TikTok handle

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Dango Bango posted:

Lmao that TikTok handle

Devine Anus indeed.

So my company just gave everyone a 3% cola increase, effective immediately. Senior Management can't see an outsource project they don't like but I'll give it to them they've been generous with the cash this year.

And yes I know 3% is still less than inflation, I'm just surprised they didn't cut pay.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

My CIO has a bad case of Covid, apparently bad enough that I'm acting CIO this week. Guess it's good for the resume.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

loving Christ my dad had a heart cath this morning and his LAD was 90% occluded. Multiple stints.

He got afib after covid. Never had a problem with cholesterol until covid as well.

I’m going over to see him as soon as I have a break. Mom is hysterical.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

loving Christ my dad had a heart cath this morning and his LAD was 90% occluded. Multiple stints.

Jesus, I'm glad they caught it with at least some perfusion remaining. Just a breath away from SCA. :stare:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Jesus, I'm glad they caught it with at least some perfusion remaining. Just a breath away from SCA. :stare:

Yeah and my mom is a nurse so she understands what that means. He kept getting symptomatic on the golf course. He’d have been loving dead.

Gonna bring her the bottle of bulleit I have stashed in my desk.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Is he in your hospital?

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

He got afib after covid. Never had a problem with cholesterol until covid as well.

I'm sorry fiz, I hope everything is ok :(

My dad has afib and has had a couple of heart surgeries in the last year, and it's been tough.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Idk what this means but hopefully finding it early helps and your dad is ok. That sounds scary as hell.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah and my mom is a nurse so she understands what that means. He kept getting symptomatic on the golf course. He’d have been loving dead.

Gonna bring her the bottle of bulleit I have stashed in my desk.

That's wild. It's pretty insane and scary how subtle the signs can be. I'm assuming he was super well-anticoagulated and your mom was on him for compliance with the AFib.

My dad had several negative tests but all the signs of covid earlier this year and as a man who worked skilled but physical labor for 50 years he suddenly had trouble walking like 100 yards. He's recovered almost entirely but I think about this kind of thing a lot--subtle inflammation exacerbating lurking issues like atherosclerosis.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Idk what this means but hopefully finding it early helps and your dad is ok. That sounds scary as hell.

LAD (left anterior descending coronary artery) occlusion is the "widowmaker" heart attack because it basically supplies all of the myocardium on the left side of your heart--which is pumps oxygenated blood to the rest of your body (as opposed to the R side which is low-pressure and pumps to lungs for reoxygenation).

SCA is sudden cardiac arrest and with L side MI usually its unrecoverable either in refractory (not responsive to electricity or meds) ventricular fibrillation or just straight to asystole (no electrical activity).

It's bad bad bad.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 5, 2022

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

Is he in your hospital?

Yep.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Bird in a Blender posted:

Maybe the NCAA could-

Buddy, let me stop you right there

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ether Frenzy posted:

Lot of time spent, but looks pretty great.

Maybe toss a layer of sliced-off-the-cob roasted sweet corn underneath the meat to give additional texture?

Alas corn isn't keto-friendly.

Yes, that homemade bread is almond flour keto bread.

Then again… I had beers and other carb-loaded treats at my friend's place where I had these sandwiches.

Time to hit the gym extra hard this morning.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

kiimo posted:

I actually liked the weirdness of season 2. I couldn't stop laughing at so many things. Taylor Kitch's policeman trying to actively kill himself for being *shocked face* gay??? Ray Velcoro's coke party by himself. Vince Vaughn's wife slinking in and out of every scene like her direction was literally try to move like you imagine a sexy Medusa. The bar at the end of the universe from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Rachel McAdams all drugged out and still completely slicing up a Russian mobster muscle guy. And the fact that the entire thing was clearly going off like version 2 of the script outline that had no time to get fleshed out. There was a lot of fun poo poo in that season and I think back on it kind of fondly.

But yeah in comparison to the first season it may as well be Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Season 1 isn't that great, and season 2 isn't that bad, imo. Neither is as good as Too Old to Die Young, but few things can be.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

FizFashizzle posted:

Holy Christ dude I'm sorry, but glad they caught it in time. I'm assuming they caught it at a checkup and not an ambulance ride?

That's loving scary, and is really my nightmare fuel with my folks being in their 70s.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Holy Christ dude I'm sorry, but glad they caught it in time. I'm assuming they caught it at a checkup and not an ambulance ride?

That's loving scary, and is really my nightmare fuel with my folks being in their 70s.

Nah he was getting a cath due to some weird afib type symptoms. I figured they were gonna do an ablation.

Nope, one stint in, recovering now in the heart tower.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Same. Mom and dad being in their early 70s has made me terrified

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Gotta love this insistence of some girls on dating apps to put their vaccination status and also that you shouldn’t message them if you’re vaccinated. Really getting the red flags out of the way early.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My dad turns 70 this year :negative: Mom still has a few more years to go fortunately, and they're both still fairly active.

Glad your dad is OK Fiz.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

Gotta love this insistence of some girls on dating apps to put their vaccination status and also that you shouldn’t message them if you’re vaccinated. Really getting the red flags out of the way early.

As the r/relationships thread likes to say, it's great when the trash takes itself out

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Dragon Ball Super Amime is officially returning in 2023.

Let's gooooo

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Joey Freshwater posted:

when I lived in dc there was a stretch where all the conservative Capitol Hill girls would use a pic of themselves with newt Gingrich, Mitch McConnell, or some other horrible ghoul as their profile pic. very grateful for letting me know immediately not to bother

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

a neat cape posted:

Dragon Ball Super Amime is officially returning in 2023.

Let's gooooo

If they can salvage the last couple of arcs of the Super manga that would be great

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

dirty shrimp money posted:

He's got that same rat face as my stepdaughter's trash rear end ex husband that got her hooked on meth.

Yeah the instant I saw that face I thought “there’s a dude who would never be allowed in my house” even minus the tattoos. Call me shallow, IDGAF.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Looking for luggage recommendations. Preferably hard side carry-on size.

Now that I'm in my late 40s I need to stop living out of daypacks.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
A handkerchief tied around a stick , it’s good enough for David Balfour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Pron on VHS posted:

A handkerchief tied around a stick , it’s good enough for David Balfour

When I found out this is called a "bindle," it totally rocked the foundation of my nascent vocabulary forged in Looney Tunes.