Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

DisgracelandUSA posted:

My former GM from Aradune wants to do a non-trad kedge group with two charmers.

Do this and farm your Kunark stash of deepwater ink now while getting some xp. The zone sucks when there’s competition for mermaids or seahorses, and there’s almost always people camping it during kunark when there’s huge demand for inks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
29 now with my lil gnome SK on Vaniki. Seems like groups are hard to come by or at least in this level range. I ran to LGuk to see how I could do there and was able to squeeze a couple of kills but it was a very small area I felt comfortable in near the entrance with really slow repops. Any ideas for a place with blue and white mobs I can tackle pretty easy solo?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Poopsock Weekend was a resounding success. I managed to get to level 47 which was quite nice.

Yesterday was pretty intense on the docks and I can't thank Rally enough for setting us up much like Worldstar (forget forums name, am very tired) did earlier for us.

We got on and after our LGuk session and kind of figured that wouldn't work well enough to keep us there for a long time and we wanted to be somewhere that we could level in to to really take advantage of the bonus exp. Porterhause and I were feeling kind of tentative about going out to Sol B considering our terrible experience initially but luckily Rally got on and took us into the Hole.

I'd heard quite alot about the hole on the foreverquest podcast and in my various googlings and research so I was really excited to get a look at it and start to learn it. We followed Rally and mostly just watched as he impressively sherpa'd us through the drop down into the pit and took us through some twisting tunnels, past an undead camp (not sure what the actual name of this is?) and into the docks.

We got through a solid little session and he had to bail but little did we know that the docks seems to be a pretty solid end game EXP camp and he had set us up for success. We managed to fill with like a 44 cleric who had a 50 OOB monk and scrounged up a warrior and some others and started pulling docks.

I was pretty tentative initially since I was in here pulling mostly red cons at 40 and was super concerned about my aggro radius but I rattled off approx 6 hours of back to back clean pulls before totally wiping us after a med break on a room repop much to my dissapointment. We swapped out players pretty seamlessly but getting to the docks seemed like such a huge issue for so many people! We had multiple people decline due to concern about getting even when offered a cleric rez. We had one long (20min?) break when we lost 2 but we kept it moving pretty aggressively.

We called it after I dinged 46 and a small buffer of exp.

Today we pop'd on and couldn't manage to find a group willing to take two or they were in the process of getting people without a plan. I ended up joining a slab group since I wanted to see it but I was pretty concerned about getting there after so many issues and so much bitching last night about the docks camp.

I bound myself in Ecomms (easy to get anywhere for like 10p) and got out to Toxx. I couldn't remember how to drop down the hole thing so I ended up going the normal way in down the water. I didn't have any issues squeezing through the hole underwater....do you need a key? did I get lucky? I remember reading about a Key and zoned in pretty tentatively since I had heard about gettign death touched.

When I got in the entrance was luckily camped so I threw on my invisibility (not sure how useful it is in the hole?) and meandered on down to where I figured castle entrance was on the map. That was a duo leveling and I sort of just wandered on past keeping distance. I slid by a mob or two but was relatively unmolested down to the slab group apart from grabbing a rock golem that came around the corner at me.

We cleared my trash and I started pulling but I got Lguk vibes since the pick was so populated. The group leader was pretty on his poo poo and swapped picks when a new one popd. We fought our way to castle and I invisied the group and we managed to pop that one rock golem (do they see invisi? may have been aggro) and had to murder it. Apart from that we got engaged once more near slab but slipped by using invisi.

All in all not quite the odyssey I was prepared for. I had a clear idea here these camps were from last night and it was cool to put that together and see them all. Did some EXP for a bit and called it. Pretty succesful.

Very much looking foward to planes shenanigans now and trying to get to 50-55 for Kunark but the end game exp seems to be confined to like the hole and......not much else? Goblins?

On the gear front, I got introduced to EQ Items and sold my stuff and purchased most of the lambent armor for pretty good prices and I'm feeling much better about my loadout and stuff.

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jul 5, 2022

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

LuckyCat posted:

29 now with my lil gnome SK on Vaniki. Seems like groups are hard to come by or at least in this level range. I ran to LGuk to see how I could do there and was able to squeeze a couple of kills but it was a very small area I felt comfortable in near the entrance with really slow repops. Any ideas for a place with blue and white mobs I can tackle pretty easy solo?

I always hit up Highkeep to kill guards in this range due to nostalgia. There’s a nice spread of levels, the top floor going up to level 34 iirc. There’s neutral vendors on the ground floor to sell too even after wrecking your faction there.

ToFS also might work. The library floor was the best spot imo with really low health caster mobs. Might be dangerous solo without twink gear or buffs.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
What UI mods do you guys use? The standard one is working for me but I feel like I need help and some way to manage my macros and song/spell slots uniformly

And our guild we're in is doing pre-set Kunark groups which seems pretty cool to me. The spreadsheet has big boiler plate messaging about CONSIDER TAKING PTO lol. I just might do that since I rarely do.

Kunark is about getting to 55 if you haven't hit it during classic era and hitting old seb and chardok for fat loots right? Now that I have access to the planes I do want to be 50 before Kunark drops but I feel less pressure to do so.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

I always hit up Highkeep to kill guards in this range due to nostalgia. There’s a nice spread of levels, the top floor going up to level 34 iirc. There’s neutral vendors on the ground floor to sell too even after wrecking your faction there.

ToFS also might work. The library floor was the best spot imo with really low health caster mobs. Might be dangerous solo without twink gear or buffs.

I’m always looking for out of the way places to try, so high keep it is! Thank you! I vaguely remember killing guards there on my troll sk many many years ago. ToFS sounds like a good place if HK gives me any trouble.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Waroduce posted:

What UI mods do you guys use? The standard one is working for me but I feel like I need help and some way to manage my macros and song/spell slots uniformly

And our guild we're in is doing pre-set Kunark groups which seems pretty cool to me. The spreadsheet has big boiler plate messaging about CONSIDER TAKING PTO lol. I just might do that since I rarely do.

Kunark is about getting to 55 if you haven't hit it during classic era and hitting old seb and chardok for fat loots right? Now that I have access to the planes I do want to be 50 before Kunark drops but I feel less pressure to do so.

Classic level cap is 50. Kunark level cap is 60.

Kunark = 10 extra levels, new spells, new gear, new zones, new raids, and epic quests.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

Classic level cap is 50. Kunark level cap is 60.

Kunark = 10 extra levels, new spells, new gear, new zones, new raids, and epic quests.

And Iksar! Unless they’re allowing those from the start these days.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

LuckyCat posted:

I didn’t check this thread over the weekend, but I took a beastlord alt up through to 33 in Echo Caverns this weekend.

I should be on this evening leveling it further and I can bump you to 33 and pop you into my group if you’re around.

Hyakuren on Vaniki, or PM me here and we can hash out times/schedules.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Waroduce posted:

EQinterface.com

I personally use Savok Vert UI, though you have to follow the thread because Savok retired and there are a couple of people maintaining the UI functionality that post the patch files in the thread.

That said, you can also choose to download specific modules for only thing like song/buff windows and just alter those if you don’t want to run a complete UI overhaul.

This image is probably 7 years old, but that’s been my UI setup for at least the last 12 or 13 years. The only real difference with the current version is the spell and song windows don’t have the half-step offset in verticals. It’s just two side-by-side buffs arranged in vertical.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

koreban posted:

I didn’t check this thread over the weekend, but I took a beastlord alt up through to 33 in Echo Caverns this weekend.

I should be on this evening leveling it further and I can bump you to 33 and pop you into my group if you’re around.

Hyakuren on Vaniki, or PM me here and we can hash out times/schedules.

Thanks that sounds lovely! I tend to get hooked pretty hard on my revists to EQ land so I'll no doubt be on this evening.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

LuckyCat posted:

Thanks that sounds lovely! I tend to get hooked pretty hard on my revists to EQ land so I'll no doubt be on this evening.

As someone who just posted a UI image and talked about a decade and a half of UI details for this dumb game

:same:

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
I got my main pair on Yelinak to fifty and now I’m stuck figuring out what to do next. I mostly leveled the characters up to be able to participate in small grouping efforts and now that that is achieved I don’t know if I want to lean in harder and develop the characters, level up an enc, or gently caress off back to Aradune where my task list is extant but composed mostly of more tedious tradeskill farming or alt character development until TSS lands. There is stuff to do but almost none of it urgent.

I’ve been making a small but steady stream of krono just leveling up and have mostly funneled that into gear for Aradune bard and shaman. But while it’s nice to do that and have some spare Kronos for bard account I’m not super interested in going hard krono farming as opposed to working on something else. Butting heads with people at camps or farming hill giants/cyclops sounds kinda miserable. But all of the 1.0 pre farm spots are apparently crowded already too so I don’t feel a lot of drive to do those yet.

I shouldn’t power level an enc but I kinda want to.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Can you explain Krono farming for someone just coming back to EQ after 18 years? And the whole krono economy in general.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Bottom Liner posted:

Can you explain Krono farming for someone just coming back to EQ after 18 years? And the whole krono economy in general.

krono is an in-game currency you can use to get 1 month of sub time, you can buy it from DBG for $19(?I think) or buy/trade from other players as it is a tradeable currency. It is shared across your account so if you obtain some on a character on vaniki or whatever, it will also be available to your characters on yelinak.

Price for krono in plat goes up as the server ages and more plat is in the economy, like on Mischief it's around 320k plat per krono right now.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Bottom Liner posted:

Can you explain Krono farming for someone just coming back to EQ after 18 years?

You pay monthly for EQ, or you can buy a Krono on the EQ shop for like $15.

If you have a Krono, you "use" it and you get a month of sub time.

You can trade Krono in game.

So Krono farming is just farming currency, buying all the Krono you can (players will buy Krono to trade for currency - it's TOS-compliant RMT, it's on purpose). A Krono farmer typically is running a box crew, and just dominates an area to sell the drops or vendor trash or the currency drops or whatever (or all the above).

As they gain currency, they turn it into Krono, use that Krono to pay for the subs on all their boxes, and continue to hoard it. As servers go on, Krono goes up in price (or at least, it always has on every other TLP), so later they can "cash out" if they want, or trade it for gear, or just whatever.

But *really*, they're selling it on reguides or to guildmates and so on. Usually black market Krono (lol) was around $10 each.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just farming plat (from hill giants or other mobs that drop a lot of coin or gems), or farming the big ticket items (GEBS, FBSS, etc) to sell for plat.

Then you use said plat to purchase Krono off other players. Krono is account wide and can either be sold for RL cash or used to pay for subscription fees. (1 month per Krono)

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
If we have dudes on Yelinak bored I and Porterhause are very interested in doing a Plane group for exp and loots

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Sure, I honestly didn't grok it when I came back to EQ it didnt really click for me til I been back playing for awhile. Kronos tie a lot of different aspects of the game together, and I would argue are a net positive for the long term health of the game.

SO on its face a Krono is a token sold by Daybreak games for ~$18.00. Krono can be exchanged for one month of game subscription time, which Daybreak usually charges something like $14.00/month for, less if you subscribe for longer blocks than a month. Krono can be traded to other players in game. This fungibility is why they charge more for it as the fungibility is where the real value resides.

It is tied to the ACCOUNT and not the character, which means a krono obtained on Yelinak can be taken back to another server, in my case Aradune, and traded there. This enables cross server economies.

Probably one of the most common uses for a krono on an early TLP is someone will buy the krono from daybreak and then trade it to other players, usually for platinum or an item. This helps players get a head start on something they may not wanted to have spent the time to do or did not know how to do efficiently. It also loops DBG into a cut of RMT economy. There was always a contingent of players buying and selling items on everquest, even back in the day. Now some of that impulse helps pay for the game.

It also gives people a way to play for free on the subscription servers by buying and selling items and services to other players. Many krono farmers just want to keep their six accounts going.

Some others sell krono on the black market. Which is frowned upon by DBG and can earn an account ban if they catch you. But yeah usually kronos sell on the black market for $10-11.

What I like about krono is that it provides an avenue to play the game on one server, earn krono, and then take it back to another server to invest that effort into characters I am more emotionally invested in. This enables cool things, like turning a few sets of banded armor on Yelinak into an anguish chestpiece for my bard on Aradune. As servers age eventually you see the emergence of GDKP and plat raids where server communities organize pick up raids to down end game content for people to gear alts or to raid content that has fallen off guild schedules. Commonly at our GDKP raids there is a krono conversion so you dont have to pay plat. Which is how I turned my banded on yelinak into no drop items on aradune.

As a server ages, platinum is constantly being dumped into the economy. And while each expansion has new platinum sinks, they never keep up. The value of platinum is constantly dropping. Krono is pegged to subscription time and the dollar, and so what results is platinum is constantly experiencing inflation while krono is kind of stable. TLPers with an eye on the long game use this. Its why people say always convert your platinum to krono when you can. On aradune, krono I obtained when it was worth 11k can eventually, if you're patient, be sold for 10x that in platinum. While platinum is constantly pouring into the game, in later expansions it isnt necessarily a trivial feat to quickly scrap up 100k like it is to scrap up 3k in classic. So people keep their savings in krono, and then later if they need plat sell a krono for it. Krono price can and has dropped on servers, but trend on early TLP is always up.

Krono at heart provides another income stream to daybreak, and incentivizes disparate types of players with wildly different motivations for playing to interact with each other. It is the backbone of modern EQ economy.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Popping on around 8 est for a little exp session w Porter in the hole or maybe a planes grp

Ping us here or on discord if boys are around

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

LuckyCat posted:

And Iksar! Unless they’re allowing those from the start these days.

Hiss

Porterhaus
Jun 6, 2006

Zero to Gyro

Yiggy posted:

I can't recommend enough setting up hotkey sets and saving them by right click, save spell set. You can then make social hotkeys w/ /mem "Spellsetname" and this opens up a whole world of macro hotkeys that can swap out a single spell for a cast then reset to your standard spell set, etc. etc. Makes caster life a lot simpler. If you empty out the spell bar and mem a spell set w/ a single gem, when you swap spell sets it'll only affect that gem slot etc. (so you don't set up spell sets that cycle all 8 gems every time).

I used this tip to set up one of my spell slots as a "swap" spot today. Now it feels like my spell bar is infinite as long as I can manage a brief sit. Cheers!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Any Yelinak goons planning on Grinding out some levels at the open of Kunark? Porter and I are looking at some PTO since we're both at the cap

Our Guild has set groups. But we kinda wanna meet some people before we agree to a day 1 - 3 leveling party with them

Related to expansions launching...
I don't remember how this works.

Kunark goes live and....we just get transported over there? Go hit Charbylis (spelling) and old seb right off the rip?

I recall we need keys for something and it'd probably be smart to pre buy my songs...do they just magically pop into vendors? So I should be standing by my song lady, buy all that poo poo port to wherever, get into kunark, get keyed for old seb and grind away?

There has got to be a little guide or checklist or can some write some words about what expansion go live looks like

In the mean time I'm 49.5 in the hole, going after that big 50 and than onto planes and dragons and raids

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Waroduce posted:

Related to expansions launching...
I don't remember how this works.

Kunark goes live and....we just get transported over there? Go hit Charbylis (spelling) and old seb right off the rip?

The expansion will open and a small server message goes out. For the player seemingly nothing is different. You won’t be ported anywhere.

You can access kunark by boat. For good races the boat goes to the dock opposite of the OoT dock in butcher block mountains. There is a trans locator at the dock to port you. For evil races I think the ferry picks up in south ro? Not certain only ever play gnomes.

quote:

I recall we need keys for something and it'd probably be smart to pre buy my songs...do they just magically pop into vendors? So I should be standing by my song lady, buy all that poo poo port to wherever, get into kunark, get keyed for old seb and grind away?

You’ll need keys for Sebilis, howling stones and veeshan’s peak. People min/max and steer clear of HS but it’s a good zone. VP is a raid zone. Sebilis you’ll want to do everyone will be working on that in trakanons teeth.

Spells and songs will be available in firiona vie when you depart the boat/docks.

If you’re in the hole and you have a good charm pet group, you can bang out those first few levels staying in the hole. Sometimes people speed level in old zones to avoid the crowds. I’m sure more than one person will think to do this but hole seems to have low pick threshold.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
When the expansion goes live there will be a server wide message. Then over the next short period of time merchants, translocators, zone click ins, etc will go active and npcs will spawn in the new zones. For kunark specifically there will be an absolute clusterfuck at the docks in south ro and butcher block (I think) leading to timorous deep. On aradune we basically got stuck in TD for an hour because things poo poo the bed, it may be better now. Port spells will pop on merchants etc.

For keying - sebilis requires a very easy key, howling stones requires a key with a rare spawn you gotta fight over at first. Those are the only noteworthy exp keys in kunark.

Wildly beaten!

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

From what I remember of kunark, only some of your spells will be for sale. Some will be dropped and a few others are obtained only from turning in one of the dropped spells (the dropped ones are usually fluff, stuff you might enjoy having or that are novel or have niche uses, but your bread and butter Good spells are often locked behind the turn in quest).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Yiggy posted:

From what I remember of kunark, only some of your spells will be for sale. Some will be dropped and a few others are obtained only from turning in one of the dropped spells (the dropped ones are usually fluff, stuff you might enjoy having or that are novel or have niche uses, but your bread and butter Good spells are often locked behind the turn in quest).

I haven't played in many years, but yeah that's how Kunark was at launch. You had to hope for a drop. The day I got Splurt on my Necro was a beautiful day.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I meant the port spells specifically but yeah everything else is drops. Maybe the ports are too. Sebilis and howling stones drop tons of spells. Chardok not as many spells but it has out of era named drops.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Welp, I was leveling alchemy and accidentally bought a stack of 100 “Yebamante” instead of “Yerbhimba”…

It cost me 6772pp instead of 67pp…

I petitioned but I don’t think they will do anything :(

Edit: Holy poo poo 10 minutes after I petitioned they undid the transaction!

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 6, 2022

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Wow, that’s actually a surprise to me. Didn’t think they would fix stuff like that. Grats!

I started up my yelinak characters this weekend. Up to 27 on a bard/mage/druid.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

RCarr posted:

Welp, I was leveling alchemy and accidentally bought a stack of 100 “Yebamante” instead of “Yerbhimba”…

It cost me 6772pp instead of 67pp…

I petitioned but I don’t think they will do anything :(

Edit: Holy poo poo 10 minutes after I petitioned they undid the transaction!

I've had positive experiences with customer service too. I think that by some miracle they have tried to ease up on the "reacquire your items through normal gameplay" stance they had a few years ago.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Cool, we gotta figure out some Kunark grind spots and groups. Trak to old seb is most interesting to me.

Hitting the big 50, getting into the planes and open world raids prior to Kunark is where I'm at. Maybe be lucky enough to grab some stuff for my bard epic

Thank you so much for the feedback!

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Howling stones was life on aradune when I mained a necro and I’d love to be first in there to wreck poo poo and ride it to 60 but the thought of having to farm 3 keys off the jump on launch is a little soul sucking. Plus I’m not sure how kunark overlaps with TSS on aradune and that’s gonna be time demanding. Probably just end up doing it all in Chardok.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

My customer service experiences when I’ve made a dumb gently caress up have been almost universally positive. Like
I hesitate to say across the board but I can’t think of a time I filed a ticket and felt like it was a waste of time. Except maybe getting trained p deliberately, reporting it and just seeing nothing happen (despite hearing them enforce it sometimes for other people). But like, vendor the wrong bag? Give something to pet accidentally that Mattered? Forget to loot something assigned before a dz closed? They’ve usually been surprisingly human on those incidents.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In 2001-2002 era I had my druid buddy ninja loot a Noctivigant Blade from KC when it dropped. He ninja'd it then went LD. That night we arranged to log in at like 3am to exchange the sword.

Over the next couple of days he understandably got upset messages from the group calling him out for what he did. Our story was he was looting it to make sure it didn't rot, and then his Internet was disconnected. When he logged back in there was no sword in his inventory.

A GM got involved and messaged me, because of course they were able to track the blade to my inventory. I realized we had been caught so in order to not get banned, I continued the lie. That druid was my brother and I logged into his account and saw the Noct Blade in his inventory. Supposing it was a gift for me I exchanged it to my SK. I apologized for the misunderstanding and we gave the blade up.

Looking back on it I realized how hosed up it is, like some kind of terrible con. Well, it WAS a con, not LIKE one.

I wish I could say I was just a stupid teenager at the time but that would just be making excuses. Karma had it's way with me when I got scammed out of an equally expensive weapon (at the time) a few months later.

Anyone had a similar story or am I the only reformed piece of poo poo here?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

LuckyCat posted:

In 2001-2002 era I had my druid buddy ninja loot a Noctivigant Blade from KC when it dropped. He ninja'd it then went LD. That night we arranged to log in at like 3am to exchange the sword.

Over the next couple of days he understandably got upset messages from the group calling him out for what he did. Our story was he was looting it to make sure it didn't rot, and then his Internet was disconnected. When he logged back in there was no sword in his inventory.

A GM got involved and messaged me, because of course they were able to track the blade to my inventory. I realized we had been caught so in order to not get banned, I continued the lie. That druid was my brother and I logged into his account and saw the Noct Blade in his inventory. Supposing it was a gift for me I exchanged it to my SK. I apologized for the misunderstanding and we gave the blade up.

Looking back on it I realized how hosed up it is, like some kind of terrible con. Well, it WAS a con, not LIKE one.

I wish I could say I was just a stupid teenager at the time but that would just be making excuses. Karma had it's way with me when I got scammed out of an equally expensive weapon (at the time) a few months later.

I was in a PK guild on Rallos Zek. We used to loot high end items from people all the time and get death threats constantly.

Ironically I feel no guilt about that, but do have a twinge of guilt from when I traded a Robe of the Ishva for a Manastone back before it was nerfed to oblivion

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

LuckyCat posted:

I don't think lying about anything like that ever even entered my mind back then as a possibility, whatever I was doing I was just happy to be there and have a chance of seeing any of the cool poo poo I read about on loot databases. The only notable loot story I even remember was going to lower guk one time and getting on a list to join the frenzied ghoul camp for a chance to get the FBSS, they no poo poo kept a running list of people who wanted in the group and when someone left went they down the list to find replacements, and everybody who stayed long enough for an FBSS to drop got one in turn (and promptly bailed because it was a late night group). This was well after Kunark had dropped so LGuk was no longer top tier territory, but it was stilll a desirable item at the time. I got mine after like 8 hours or something and the sun was probably coming up and I dont think there was a single problem the whole time. Everyone was very chill, not even any competition for the camp iirc. Ended up selling it for like 5k pp I think, which was a ton of money to me at the time. Definitely the kind of group experience I dont see happening on TLPs these days.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

LuckyCat posted:

One way people frequently transferred items before shared bank was to find a secluded spot and drop a bag full of gear. I found a backpack full of mid-high gear in the back of West Freeport, near the vendor that sold potions and whatnot. I don’t remember if I gave it back but I seem to recall the person pleading in /ooc for it back. Maybe there was a reward because I don’t recall ever selling anything.I doubt my 12 year old self would’ve had a conscience.

Later I had an in-game friend who played a monk, I saved up and brought him a pair of Wu sticks. He then disappeared and reappeared some weeks later claiming no knowledge of who I was and was overall very agitated that I was bothering him. Maybe an account sell.

Most embarrassingly I had an in game semi-girlfriend to whom I promised I’d buy a weddding ring (with stats, ofc). Except my gushing love /tell went to /ooc instead. Whoops.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

LuckyCat posted:

i knew a guy who sold "fungi tunics" except he would put the fungi in trade, esc out, then say sorry and reopen trade with a cloth tunic since they shared the icon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

cmdrk posted:

One way people frequently transferred items before shared bank was to find a secluded spot and drop a bag full of gear. I found a backpack full of mid-high gear in the back of West Freeport, near the vendor that sold potions and whatnot. I don’t remember if I gave it back but I seem to recall the person pleading in /ooc for it back. Maybe there was a reward because I don’t recall ever selling anything.I doubt my 12 year old self would’ve had a conscience.

Later I had an in-game friend who played a monk, I saved up and brought him a pair of Wu sticks. He then disappeared and reappeared some weeks later claiming no knowledge of who I was and was overall very agitated that I was bothering him. Maybe an account sell.

Most embarrassingly I had an in game semi-girlfriend to whom I promised I’d buy a weddding ring (with stats, ofc). Except my gushing love /tell went to /ooc instead. Whoops.

My heart would always be racing when I would do drop transfers. I don't recall my go-to spots, but I did one near a wall in a random spot of Butcherblock mountains one time, probably just some newbie gear, Polished Granite Tomahawk type stuff. Zone just had a few people in it, but I logged back in to find a newbie had picked up one of my bags.

He nicely returned it, so I gave him half the coin back as a reward.

In retrospect I don't know why I didn't do in a spot where you would be hidden from someone walking by and seeing you camp out.