Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like there should be a more efficient way to remove an unpopular prime minister than for every single member of the government to resign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like there should be a more efficient way to remove an unpopular prime minister than for every single member of the government to resign.

I think I know where you're going with this

:thermidor:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

surely the centrism dial does not rotate left or right and just sort of intersects backwards into the thing it's attached to.
No no, true centrism is grasping the middle of the wheel, making GBS threads yourself straining to turn it, and then regretfully telling the audience that nothing can be done because moving the outside wheel in either direction would be extremism.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Boris will never resign, they'll need to drag the prick out of that flat.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Jonathan Gullis, MAGA wannabe Redwall backbencher, resigns

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

NotJustANumber99 posted:

He knowingly promoted a serial arse pincher.
https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/1544384582467964928

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
He's definitely going now. The betting companies have stopped taking bets on when he's leaving.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
https://twitter.com/nige_h64/status/1544392389015502853?t=S9k5Pi2ZY269vMO44vX1BQ

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
PMQ's tomorrow. I doubt he'll make it to that.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol at Mogg's line on this: "We got rid of that awful Sunak who was imposing unjust interest rate rises on the British public!"

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Lol Weeters got hacked

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lol at Mogg's line on this: "We got rid of that awful Sunak who was imposing unjust interest rate rises on the British public!"

Mogg was totally jealous Sunak was richer than he was.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Looking forward to Boris walking out of downing street and straight onto GB news

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Wait so what exactly has happened today to cause all these resignations?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

ThomasPaine posted:

Lol Weeters got hacked

Maybe she'll finally make a good tweet.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

ThomasPaine posted:

Wait so what exactly has happened today to cause all these resignations?

From what I can tell it was just a straw/camel situation

I'm still catching up tho

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

limmy is right, he won't resign

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1544383563449122819?s=20&t=lFZNv_PyPqvBDo_3vsXjrA

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Christ Starmer is an uninspiring loser nerd fuckface

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

limmy if you want an excuse to do that you can just do it, you don't need to make out like you're being forced to

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Barry Foster posted:

Christ Starmer is an uninspiring loser nerd fuckface

https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/1485736605369384963?s=20&t=zgO6jXTuf4sspFCfgegZLg

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Barry Foster posted:

From what I can tell it was just a straw/camel situation

I'm still catching up tho

Yes it was def this. Also it sounds like the MP who got arrested back in April is about to be named.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Yes it was def this. Also it sounds like the MP who got arrested back in April is about to be named.

who it be??????

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

andrew rosindell has not been seen in parliament for a while, just mentioning that for no reason

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1544394214208946176?t=TeH34vSdk8SU3aIwWmQsZw&s=19

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I do vaguely wonder if Boris will stay in place in order to soak up blame for the shitstorm we’re all in, and then a reasonable time before the next election he’ll stand down and all the senior Tories can say “as you know, I was always deeply critical of Boris” and claim to be honourable when they run for leader.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Comrade Fakename posted:

I do vaguely wonder if Boris will stay in place in order to soak up blame for the shitstorm we’re all in, and then a reasonable time before the next election he’ll stand down and all the senior Tories can say “as you know, I was always deeply critical of Boris” and claim to be honourable when they run for leader.

The one positive thing you can say about Boris Johnson is that he does not give a single gently caress about the conservative party.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Comrade Fakename posted:

Boris doesn't give a poo poo about the Tory party, he'll stay in power because he likes to be the big dog.

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010

Comrade Fakename posted:

That sort of politicking works up until the point people feel like their own lives are being directly worsened by the government. There aren’t many people left now who aren’t feeling their standard of living decline, it’s not just “some disabled people and scroungers” anymore, and there’s a big gently caress off recession about to hit the UK to make it worse.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Every single possible replacement is worse than Boris so it's hard to enjoy this news

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Big Boris Knew

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
https://twitter.com/kitty_donaldson/status/1544402133029617667?t=8PFeBM2lI4-O1xUMbfbZdg

Nadine Dorries Chancellor of the Exchequer

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ah. Well, nevertheless

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Comrade Fakename posted:

Lmao if you think Boris would take a bullet for anything or anyone

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Tarnop posted:

Every single possible replacement is worse than Boris so it's hard to enjoy this news

Well you shouldn't expect anything good to come from the British state as it currently exists, this is good news because it's furthering the discrediting of the Tories as the natural party of government which doesn't look good for the Tories or the state in general.

There's gunna be hella strikes and hella unrest over the next 6 months at least so it's a good opportunity for people to be seeing alternative forms of politics and power and hopefully make the jump over, even if just to keep a roof over their head.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

serious gaylord posted:

PMQ's tomorrow. I doubt he'll make it to that.

Assume he's going to be in Kyiv by morning tbh for a quick PR escape unless that's getting too stale

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
https://twitter.com/Nicola4WBE/status/1544402731770716163
https://twitter.com/SallyAnn1066/status/1544387468291674114

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Assume he's going to be in Kyiv by morning tbh for a quick PR escape unless that's getting too stale

He already tried that this afternoon with a phone call

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Don't think he won't do it. Right now he's going down a list of names of MPs who are still loyal, 95% of whom are either known imbeciles or suspected nonces.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They're going to no confidence him again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

if johnson was capable of being shamed into resigning he would have gone a long time ago