Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

VictualSquid posted:

the guy touched a live wire and the shock caused him to fall of a scaffold.

Is this electrocution???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

How in the hell did they get the lead line through a pipe that clogged in the first place? :psyduck:

a very small truck

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I'm guessing the last step of that bi-annual pipe cleaning procedure is to tug the chain back in place for next time

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

TotalLossBrain posted:

I'm guessing the last step of that bi-annual pipe cleaning procedure is to tug the chain back in place for next time

That was my guess too. That chain probably stays there year-round.

But lol on the day the chain breaks with the tire half way down the culvert.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

They could just jet the cable in. Run a high pressure hose to a pipe and push it through attach the cable to the lead end of the pipe and it'll be through quick. On the other side unhook the cable and drag the pipe out.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Clipping it to a length of rebar then pushing it through was my guess, but i like the year round idea if the material can stand being soaked 24/7

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Guyver posted:

They could just jet the cable in. Run a high pressure hose to a pipe and push it through attach the cable to the lead end of the pipe and it'll be through quick. On the other side unhook the cable and drag the pipe out.

So they gave the pipe an enema, then dragged a tire through it...nice.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

How in the hell did they get the lead line through a pipe that clogged in the first place? :psyduck:

The pipe is only partially clogged until the tire pushes all the sediment together and forms that nice round shape.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Atticus_1354 posted:

The pipe is only partially clogged until the Taco Bell lunch pushes all the sediment together and forms that nice round shape.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Hydraulic diablo sauce

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Sounds like hairstylists oughta wear ppe

https://twitter.com/VexMania/status/1543996952727064576

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

twitter embeds are broken but yeah, if OSHA had any backbone we'd probably be requiring manicurists to wear respirators by this point. turns out nail polish inhalation for hours day in day out is really, really bad for you who would have known

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Thomamelas posted:

Sir, this is the OSHA thread. We shouldn't have to explain that when playing with fireworks or anal toys, you want a flared base.

This will flare up, trust me!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Arivia posted:

twitter embeds are broken but yeah, if OSHA had any backbone we'd probably be requiring manicurists to wear respirators by this point. turns out nail polish inhalation for hours day in day out is really, really bad for you who would have known
Some of the more recent treatments have flagged in risk reviews so you'll sometimes see them in respirators for perms and keratin treatments which are maybe solvated in formaldehyde or just made of ill poo poo at a basic level.

Turns out the businesses themselves are very against the idea of it because if the employee is wearing PPE, the customer is gonna freak out a little.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

zedprime posted:

Turns out the businesses themselves are very against the idea of it because if the employee is wearing PPE, the customer is gonna freak out a little.

Maybe they should. :colbert:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Q: how do you dose hair?

A: you eyeball it.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Is it common for coroners to just be like: "Let's just pop these bad boys out and see what we can find behind them" during an autopsy?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Is it common for coroners to just be like: "Let's just pop these bad boys out and see what we can find behind them" during an autopsy?

I mean...wouldn't you? :confused:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

McCracAttack posted:

Maybe they should. :colbert:
The big business Bayesian response is that PPE is required for daily exposure. Weekly or otherwise infrequent exposure by customers is not in a risk zone.

The rational hippie in me response is why are these options for cosmetic procedures again?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

zedprime posted:

The big business Bayesian response is that PPE is required for daily exposure. Weekly or otherwise infrequent exposure by customers is not in a risk zone.

The rational hippie in me response is why are these options for cosmetic procedures again?

Pfft ugly says what?:zombie:

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you
I was chatting with an older rancher years back and he was telling me that he started going blind at random moments which was bad for many reasons but he flew a duster and didn't want to lose his pilot's license. Doctors popped out one his eyes and found lots of hay stuck behind his eyes, cleaned them out and he was good to go after.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Arivia posted:

I work with some dog groomers and it's absolutely insane to me that they don't wear masks or eye protection at all when doing dog nails, like you're dremeling their claws into dust do you really want to be inhaling it?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I wanna get my eye sockets cleaned now, see what's hiding there.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

raggedphoto posted:

I was chatting with an older rancher years back and he was telling me that he started going blind at random moments which was bad for many reasons but he flew a duster and didn't want to lose his pilot's license. Doctors popped out one his eyes and found lots of hay stuck behind his eyes, cleaned them out and he was good to go after.

I'm not sure what to believe here anymore. This is getting dangerously close to Todd Starnes territory.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

big dyke energy posted:

I work with some dog groomers and it's absolutely insane to me that they don't wear masks or eye protection at all when doing dog nails, like you're dremeling their claws into dust do you really want to be inhaling it?

I mean it’s just keratin right? Can the body not process that stuff properly? (I don’t even know what that means in terms of lungs)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm not actually surprised at the eyeball stuff. One evening a contact lens I was wearing just disappeared out of nowhere, I had no idea what happened to it but it was apparently roaming around back in there because it came back out the next day. Who knows what else is going on back in there!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I worked in ophthalmology for like a decade and while the rancher with the hay sounds pretty suspect, I will absolutely confirm that you can totally get foreign objects stuck around your eyes with no ill effects. May I remind you of the woman who had 27 contact lenses under her eyelid for years? https://www.aop.org.uk/ot/science-and-vision/research/2017/07/14/uk-surgeon-finds-27-missing-contact-lenses-in-womans-eye

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Every other contact you've ever lost, presumably (e: wrote this before reading intervening post, lol)

Maybe this is where socks go too

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
HOW MUCH HAIR are we talking about, exactly?? This whole eye socket talk is freaking me the gently caress out

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Alchemist posted:

HOW MUCH HAIR are we talking about, exactly?? This whole eye socket talk is freaking me the gently caress out

How much hair are you ok with existing behind your eyeballs?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Can I use an air compressor to clean all the gamer gunk out of my eye sockets?

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

raggedphoto posted:

Doctors popped out one his eyes

They did WHAT?

Oh yeah let me just pop this out quick so we can really get in there with a scoop. While we’re at it let’s run it through one of those golf ball cleaners with the handle that goes up and down to get the gunk off.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I once got an eyelash stuck in my eye and I managed to get many more eyelashes out than the one I knew was in there.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

McGavin posted:

I once got an eyelash stuck in my eye and I managed to get many more eyelashes out than the one I knew was in there.

As a person who always seems to have eyelashes getting in my eyes, I did not need to know this

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Erwin posted:

They did WHAT?

I think its a typo. Doctors "popped one out" in his eyes.:fh:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Erwin posted:

They did WHAT?

Oh yeah let me just pop this out quick so we can really get in there with a scoop. While we’re at it let’s run it through one of those golf ball cleaners with the handle that goes up and down to get the gunk off.

Imagine the little water squirter thing the dentist uses, and how refreshing it feels around your teeth.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I can scroll through the worst that North American Rescue has to over and have seen/helped treat some horrible injuries in real life but holy crap this page is making me feel very queasy

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Waterpik For Your Eyes? Brb, doing patent things.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it was an unusual procedure so the medical board needed to approve it and in the end the eyes had it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I dropped my dog off and asked my groomer if they could wash and dry them as well as do their nails and she gave me the old hairy eyeball