Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Cease to Hope posted:

pirates of the burning sea used to do that

it turns out that organized groups stay organized even when all their poo poo gets deleted, so they just win every reset

Fun fact: Pirates of the burning sea were repeatedly forced to do that by the beta game happy guild I was in (I knew some of them in real life), which also included Stavros out of M0o and Shin Ra of the Jita 4-4 monument fame after they won at Eve. There wasn't even any cheating or exploiting needed, you just had to hit the game hard, be online every night, and follow a vague plan, which is something eve players are good at. In the end everyone just got bored and wandered off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cease to Hope posted:

pirates of the burning sea used to do that

it turns out that organized groups stay organized even when all their poo poo gets deleted, so they just win every reset

Yeah but it would be fun to give it a go. I would be all over a galaxy reset

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Can we please get a space added to the title after the colon this is an assault on my eyes

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Mods, use the forbidden technique of "removing the maximum length of the input box using the browser's Inspector tool" to buy enough room for the space

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Ajaxify posted:

Can we please get a space added to the title after the colon this is an assault on my eyes

There’s plenty of space out in space!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Charles 1998 posted:

I'm just waiting until Star Citizen is as good as EVE Online before making the switch.

As long as there are idiots and money to part, there's no need for the devs to improve the game, instead of just stapling more useless bullshit to its rotten carcass.

Did I just describe EVE Online or Star Citizen? :lol:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Reddit's algorithm keeps wanting me to play Star Citizen. It looks pretty. Is there an actual game of any kind?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The Star citizen thread on the forums is a good read if the urge to investigate it or play ever takes you. I'll say no more.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

NtotheTC posted:

The Star citizen thread on the forums is a good read if the urge to investigate it or play ever takes you. I'll say no more.

Link it

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Managed to make it to one station most my stuff ended up in. Had to toss around 400 million from another.

Fire sold what was left and shrunk my net worth by about 4 billion :smith:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

NtotheTC posted:

Games > Star Citizen: I'm going to gently caress the Fear Turkey

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898069

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
Can someone point me to a comprehensive downloadable file of loyalty point offers?

I'm looking for a raw csv file or SQL data extract, preferably updated on an ongoing basis. I know there's a bazillion LP calculator sites out there but I've got an itch to mess about with the data on my own.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Agrikk posted:

Can someone point me to a comprehensive downloadable file of loyalty point offers?

I'm looking for a raw csv file or SQL data extract, preferably updated on an ongoing basis. I know there's a bazillion LP calculator sites out there but I've got an itch to mess about with the data on my own.

That's available via the ESI api: https://esi.evetech.net/ui/#/Loyalty/get_loyalty_stores_corporation_id_offers

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
Found it right after I posted this. Thanks!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'd like to do some space photography, mostly to get a new desktop background. What cool scenic places are there to visit? I've never actualy done the space touristy things to see the titan graveyards etc

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

NtotheTC posted:

I'd like to do some space photography, mostly to get a new desktop background. What cool scenic places are there to visit? I've never actualy done the space touristy things to see the titan graveyards etc

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-coolest-eve-online-locations-you-should-visit-at-least-once/

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Tuzy is my Titan character. I do not normally log into him, hardly ever. Random alliance members who don't understand Tuzy isnt my main and aren't as familiar with Jabber send EveMails to Tuzy when they need help with something related to GSOL. For the last 6 months, as Delta squad has kept up their non-stop spamming of GoonWaffe corp mail, something that hadn't been allowed within the corp, for years, it has caused me to not be able to use the login screen anymore to see if I had any mail.You see, hardly anyone would ever send evemail to Tuzy, but occasionally, like once or twice a month, someone would. I would then log in Tuzy, and respond, edcuating the person it was better to send me a forums PM or jabber PM if they needed me.However, Delta dumb gimmick has made the "Evemail on the login screen" function effectivley useless to me and I have to now log Tuzy in every day just to clear a bunch of loving useless mail. Its infurtiating. Can you guys please find some other stupid gimmick to occupy your time and stop creating more work for me, who already has too many loving things to do?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

ded posted:

Tuzy is my Titan character. I do not normally log into him, hardly ever. Random alliance members who don't understand Tuzy isnt my main and aren't as familiar with Jabber send EveMails to Tuzy when they need help with something related to GSOL. For the last 6 months, as Delta squad has kept up their non-stop spamming of GoonWaffe corp mail, something that hadn't been allowed within the corp, for years, it has caused me to not be able to use the login screen anymore to see if I had any mail.You see, hardly anyone would ever send evemail to Tuzy, but occasionally, like once or twice a month, someone would. I would then log in Tuzy, and respond, edcuating the person it was better to send me a forums PM or jabber PM if they needed me.However, Delta dumb gimmick has made the "Evemail on the login screen" function effectivley useless to me and I have to now log Tuzy in every day just to clear a bunch of loving useless mail. Its infurtiating. Can you guys please find some other stupid gimmick to occupy your time and stop creating more work for me, who already has too many loving things to do?

They were sort of stuck there because of a combination of their own utter incompetence and having their anchors pinned
If they were even remotely smart they would have sucked up their losses and broken away from the gate and reinforced with more fleets to get control of the gate after we moved off to stop them. Messing with entosis
But their fcs are like brain dead retards
With zero grasp of anything that even remotely resembles tactics or strategy
It's funny because their alliance leader sits and rants to them like he's doing an impression of adolf hitler addressing the reichstag in the 1930s and they churn out all this pseudo nazi propaganda like they're the super human storm troopers scourging eve with their blitzkrieg. But in reality they're just like a bunch of children running head first into a wall with their eyes closed.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Turk182 posted:

The only way CCP could possibly save this game is to reset it.

Maaaaaybe

Alternately they could listen to their players, who really do by and large agree on a huge list of improvements that could be worked on

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Ynglaur posted:

Reddit's algorithm keeps wanting me to play Star Citizen. It looks pretty. Is there an actual game of any kind?

It isn't out and Star Citizen is already antiquated. Ask your questions in the SC thread.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

NtotheTC posted:

The T5z gate grid in 1dq1 is really epic. Both in how it looks and in what it represents.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Dik Hz posted:

The T5z gate grid in 1dq1 is really epic. Both in how it looks and in what it represents.

I agree on looks, but I’m new enough to not know what it represents…is there a “history” link in goonwiki?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

DerekSmartymans posted:

I agree on looks, but I’m new enough to not know what it represents…is there a “history” link in goonwiki?

It's basically the last line of defense for our entire region.

I'm not sure about nowadays, but back in the day, the primary assault method for heavily defended keepstars was for hostile forces to anchor their own structure at the minimum possible distance (1000km) and move heavy fighters over from there. That way, if the hostile forces got dropped on, they could abandon the fighters and tether, making it very safe.

To counter this, I developed the Dyson Swarm defense concept. It's fairly simple -- simply take up all the available slots 1000km from the structure in a sphere. This increases the minimum distance to 2000km, which increases the difficulty of laying siege to the structure. More distance means more time for defenders to destroy the fighters. In theory, you can continue to layer structures in increasingly larger spheres to increase the minimum distance, but the cost obviously goes up geometrically from there.

The T5ZI gate grid is that idea made reality by GSOL. It's further accentuated by a lot of faction fortizars that were a tribute (read: not Tribute) to us from a campaign in the north. It is comprised of structures that we initially dropped, lost in 2016, and now are ours again. (Sadly, the quernstown outpost was sold, and not recovered.)

There's actually more unrealized nuance to the dyson swarm concept that I'm keeping secret, so as not to allow the enemy to use it. It's not really relevant to us any more, though.

Gwyneth Palpate fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 5, 2022

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

DerekSmartymans posted:

The goon capital is the third largest market hub in the game and always has 100s of people logged in doing stuff. Sit and watch for a couple minutes and you’ll see caps moving around constantly, solo people doing stuff, and combat fleets going out round the clock. It represents the pinnacle of what CCP was trying to create: people actually living in nullsec. The dyson swarm around it is both functional and an opulent display of war trophies.

It’s bizarre that CCP has been so hostile to goon swarm through the decades when we’ve shown them what their game is capable of as well as provided all the content that generates headlines.

1dq1 is a testament to player ingenuity and systems mastery in the face of the opposition of literally every other power center in the game, devs included.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Dik Hz posted:

It’s bizarre that CCP has been so hostile to goon swarm through the decades

in fairness, being chummy with a previous hegemon blew up in their stupid faces, that leaves an impression

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Thanks for the lesson…I “live” in GE- at the moment, but all my stuff is in 1DQ (Imperial Palace), and I know my way around home with my camera (Share-X screenshots, lol), but the history was never pointed out before. Hell, I just learned from a goonfleet shitpost what POS was!

Appreciate (and marvel at) the replies!

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's basically the last line of defense for our entire region.

I'm not sure about nowadays, but back in the day, the primary assault method for heavily defended keepstars was for hostile forces to anchor their own structure at the minimum possible distance (1000km) and move heavy fighters over from there. That way, if the hostile forces got dropped on, they could abandon the fighters and tether, making it very safe.

To counter this, I developed the Dyson Swarm defense concept. It's fairly simple -- simply take up all the available slots 1000km from the structure in a sphere. This increases the minimum distance to 2000km, which increases the difficulty of laying siege to the structure. More distance means more time for defenders to destroy the fighters. In theory, you can continue to layer structures in increasingly larger spheres to increase the minimum distance, but the cost obviously goes up geometrically from there.

The T5ZI gate grid is that idea made reality by GSOL. It's further accentuated by a lot of faction fortizars that were a tribute (read: not Tribute) to us from a campaign in the north. It is comprised of structures that we initially dropped, lost in 2016, and now are ours again. (Sadly, the quernstown outpost was sold, and not recovered.)

There's actually more unrealized nuance to the dyson swarm concept that I'm keeping secret, so as not to allow the enemy to use it. It's not really relevant to us any more, though.

Something I will always find amazing is that I think PAPI actually had the resources to breach the constellation and eventually take down 1DQ. Further, I think most of their line members were willing to pay that blood price. But their leadership was not. I don't know why not, but they simply weren't even willing to try. The losses we sustained when they were anchoring keepstars in NPC Delve were insane, and I don't think PAPI leadership ever had the stomach for similar losses on their side.

As it is, Delve is even more heavily fortified now than it was at any point during the Beeitnam War. Hell, the number of fighters on market is insanely high compared to any point during that war. Other than dreadnoughts and maybe supercarriers, we probably have more war material stockpiled nad built now than before the war. We might as well go on offence, because even if PAPI reformed everybody I don't think they could make it as far as they did last time.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ynglaur posted:

Something I will always find amazing is that I think PAPI actually had the resources to breach the constellation and eventually take down 1DQ. Further, I think most of their line members were willing to pay that blood price. But their leadership was not. I don't know why not, but they simply weren't even willing to try. The losses we sustained when they were anchoring keepstars in NPC Delve were insane, and I don't think PAPI leadership ever had the stomach for similar losses on their side.

For sure. The leadership of PAPI never intended to actually fight us at any point. Their entire doctrine was designed to scare us into fleeing like we did in 2016. Additionally, they wanted to cause The InitiativeDOT to stop being a part of our coalition. Hostiles worship InitDOT. They consider them the sole reason we continue to be a viable power, due to their persistent and infected fantasies of the Elite PVP Alliances of the late 2000s/early 2010s. Hostile leadership thought that taking Fountain would prove to InitDOT that we were too weak to be reliable allies and that they should just leave the coalition. (They didn't.)

At the beginning of the war, their motivation and momentum was off the charts. If they had gone straight for 1DQ1-A instead of trying to apply Division-Of-2009-Era-Northern-Coalition-(no dot) strategy to InitDOT, then we probably would have not fared nearly as well. Instead, they spent the entire war out of order -- doing the cleanup phase before they broke the defenders' will.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

For sure. The leadership of PAPI never intended to actually fight us at any point. Their entire doctrine was designed to scare us into fleeing like we did in 2016. Additionally, they wanted to cause The InitiativeDOT to stop being a part of our coalition. Hostiles worship InitDOT. They consider them the sole reason we continue to be a viable power, due to their persistent and infected fantasies of the Elite PVP Alliances of the late 2000s/early 2010s. Hostile leadership thought that taking Fountain would prove to InitDOT that we were too weak to be reliable allies and that they should just leave the coalition. (They didn't.)

At the beginning of the war, their motivation and momentum was off the charts. If they had gone straight for 1DQ1-A instead of trying to apply Division-Of-2009-Era-Northern-Coalition-(no dot) strategy to InitDOT, then we probably would have not fared nearly as well. Instead, they spent the entire war out of order -- doing the cleanup phase before they broke the defenders' will.

Not only that, but by clearing out fountain first it forced Init to move into Delve. If they'd ignored Fountain and just struck deep for Delve then Init would obviously still have helped, but they might not have moved in to the level that they did including every super/titan.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
This is all revisionism. Every real goon knows it was delta sqad what won the war

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
The war was won one post at a time

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Dalmuti posted:

This is all revisionism. Every real goon knows it was delta sqad what won the most coveted piece of galactic real estate Querious

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

For the last decade or more the proto-PAPIs had echo chambered endlessly about how Goons only knew how to blue and blob, and how if someone were to form a bigger bluer blob then one good kick would collapse the whole rotten structure. They then formed that bigger bluer blob and proceeded to piss it away into a puddle of humiliating failure.

This will never not be funny.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I haven't played the game in years (since we were up in Deklain). Are there any screenshots that actually give old farts like me a good look at the Delve stronghold, or are those structures so far apart that it's not really something you can 'see' in game other than way zoomed out as icons on overview?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Ynglaur posted:

But their leadership was not. I don't know why not, but they simply weren't even willing to try.

most alliance leadership in this game do not see a line between personal funds and alliance funds

when leaders don't see a difference between the state and their rent, it makes massive sacrifice distasteful

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Hostiles worship InitDOT. They consider them the sole reason we continue to be a viable power

PAPI was not fundamentally off about this, though. Init. was and continues to be loving baller though. Beeitnam was not going to be won without absolutely every ally in the coalition giving everything we did.

Dalmuti posted:

This is all revisionism. Every real goon knows it was delta sqad what won the war

It looks like there was a period of something like 9 or 10 days after Goondor and the M2 Extinction Event with either stalemate or very close victories on our part with our HAC fleets repeatedly forming the cylinder of a washing machine around their 9 or 10 poorly-coordinated FCs. I was flying covert warp in boosters, so I did have a couple of seconds between each cycle to look around, and I would be remiss if I didn't point out that pappy threw an absolutely hilarious amount of high-involvement pilot effort at catching those loving tornadoes.

I swear to loving God, you could almost see tears of frustration behind their constant warping and warpouts and burning and bubbles and inties and perches and probing in mass over and over and over as they lost HAC after HAC to the Children of the Maelstrom

That period permanently saw regular, non-panicmode papi fleet numbers permanently dip, if I recall from here and reddit spreadsheet posters. It turned around, even though we were being pressed into our last few constellations for good. We steadily traded space back and forth and sloooowly bled it, but we could pretty reliably win fights too, even offensively.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 5, 2022

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

so are corp mails back or what

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

The Locator posted:

I haven't played the game in years (since we were up in Deklain). Are there any screenshots that actually give old farts like me a good look at the Delve stronghold, or are those structures so far apart that it's not really something you can 'see' in game other than way zoomed out as icons on overview?

hahaha the move op from Dek was inspirational

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Potato Salad posted:

That period permanently saw regular, non-panicmode papi fleet numbers permanently dip, if I recall from here and reddit spreadsheet posters. It turned around, even though we were being pressed into our last few constellations for good. We steadily traded space back and forth and sloooowly bled it, but we could pretty reliably win fights too, even offensively.

Never forget that PAPI suffered the biggest loss to a bombing run in the game's history on the (I think) E-V gate in 3-D and then later that same day broke that record on that very same gate. This will never stop being funny

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Looks like you guys had some amazing adventures over the years :allears:

All I got to experience was the war when we first took over Delve and killed BoB off. I remember sitting outside of pr8 where BoB had their entire cap fleet stashed. We kept them bottled up for a good while!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Durendal posted:

Looks like you guys had some amazing adventures over the years :allears:

All I got to experience was the war when we first took over Delve and killed BoB off. I remember sitting outside of pr8 where BoB had their entire cap fleet stashed. We kept them bottled up for a good while!

How many times have we conquered Delve at this point? 4?