Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

artsy fartsy posted:

r/relationships: photographer girl shows up drunk on my lawn wearing three bras

e: lol this is a terrible snipe so I went to reddit to try to find some content and I think somebody broke the hell out of reddit because it just loads a white screen with a ton of uncaught promise exceptions in the console

MK-Ultramarathon fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Did not say she wore them on her chest.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

artsy fartsy posted:

AITA for giving my Wedding Photographer a bad review?

If this woman was basically topless all wedding why did no one talk to her to see if she knew hew boobs were on full display? Were her boobs really that amazing no one could deprive everyone the view?

I'm wondering if she is overreacting but I feel like asking her to post the dress might be asking a bit too much.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The surefire way to not get on the jury is to be too excited to get selected.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Also deferment is possible but precludes exemption. I think the MIL hosed up.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

artsy fartsy posted:

AITA for giving my Wedding Photographer a bad review?

NTA. This was, if anything, the last straw for the manager and "wear a bra, and make sure your shirt isn't see-through" is basic professional advice for any job, but especially a customer service oriented one. Plus, if she showed up afterwards, wasted and wearing three bras (but no top), then she may well have flipped a table and quit.

limp_cheese posted:

If this woman was basically topless all wedding why did no one talk to her to see if she knew hew boobs were on full display? Were her boobs really that amazing no one could deprive everyone the view?

I'm wondering if she is overreacting but I feel like asking her to post the dress might be asking a bit too much.

OP says the woman showed up in a sheer white lace top. No bra. Top was see-through. Plus, let's assume that the woman did this by accident and forgot to put a bra on and didn't realize that her boobs were on full display. The "can you fix it in five minutes or less" rule is still in play; unless she's got a backup shirt in her car, she's either got to hop in her car and go home and change (delaying everything) or she has to hope that someone has a shirt she can borrow, or she has to go through the day like that.

I'd be willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that maybe she grabbed a shirt that was a lot less concealing than she expected it to be, except for the part where she flipped out and turned up at OP's house drunk and wearing three bras, and yelling that it was OP's fault she got fired.

dividertabs
Oct 1, 2004

Kuiperdolin posted:

Did not say she wore them on her chest.

I’m glad they didn’t elaborate because the ambiguity is more fun. My faith is that she wore them in a column down her torso as though she had six nipples.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

One regular, one down below, and one as a hat

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Roger Corman Presents: Haunting of the late wife

quote:

Tl;Dr bf has photos of late wife everywhere (phone background worst as shows up in bed etc). Suggestions?

I've (34F) been dating my boyfriend (39M) For 7 months. We're quite serious and I'm looking to move forward to your relationship (move in, takkng marriage etc).

background: his wife passed away 2 years ago from a from brain cancer which she knew she had for 4 years, he started online dating right away and even had a previous relationship that was 9mo. He seems very ready to move on, he has approached me with moving in together and often talks about marriage and kids. He tells me he loves me often, we've met each other's families, my mom comes over to his house fairly frequently (which is extra awkward) and his brother thinks the house is a total mausoleum.

Issue: he keeps all of their photos together including their wedding photos on his walls in his house ( Huge wedding photo above the door). Her photo is his phone screen saver & background ( I honestly find this the worst, as it shows up in bed etc). there is just constant memorabilia of her around. I don't mind him talking about her but the photos are starting to really bug me. I don't want to demand he remov these photos, & if he put one up of us on my request I would feel bad about it. I want to wait for him to naturally remove these without telling him to. We've done tons of fun things together and have tons of cool photos it just doesn't seem to matter.

Any suggestions would be helpful ( Any suggestions with this kind of previous baggage issue at all would be helpful :)

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

I'm assuming that man might not be quite as ready as he thinks to get into a new relationship, but huge yikes at her referring to his late wife as "previous baggage"

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'll spare you all my standard shtick of quoting Rebecca (though this is the closest one yet) and just ask:

... my mom comes over to his house fairly frequently (which is extra awkward)...

What?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for speaking up when the doctor kept dismissing me and was being rude towards me (35F)?

quote:

English (I'm from France) Also this is my first time using Reddit so I hope you understand that.

I (35F) took my son(7M) for a check-up to the doctor because he was bleeding each bowel movement and they were painful as well for the past 3 months. He also has Crohn's disease (he was diagnosed one year ago) and the doctor said last time that he has proctitis because of a flare-up which is what's causing all this. This is just unnecessary medical info so feel free to ignore it. So anyway, he kept ignoring and interrupting me every time I suggest something, I tried suggesting essential oil and fennel syrup...etc, and not only that but he was also pretty rude towards me, I'm gonna say that this gastroenterologist can be sometimes hard to deal with but today he was on a new whole level. It went like this:

Doctor: "So after performing a rectoscope, I found out that the inflammation is not improving, ma'am, are you sure that he was having the Pentasa suppositories I prescribed you last time?"

Me: "Yes."

Doctor: "Are you sure of that? 1 each day for 2 months?"

"Yes. I told you this three times already"

"Because I asked your son in the room and he said that he was only doing it sometimes"

"He's 7, he doesn't understand. Listen, I have been trying to tell you since I came here that maybe we should try some of the essential oils, I swear they were effective when he had constipat-"

"I'm going to tell you to get a colonoscopy to figure out everything and then depending on the result, we might need to hospitalize him to get him under our supervision and make sure that he's taking his medication right as intended"

"Or maybe the medication is just not working and we should try some fennel syrup or coconut-"

"Please stop this"

"I'm just telling you what we can do"

"Stop this. You are not taking this seriously. Your son is bleeding and hurting for 3 months and he is at risk of a resection surgery if it happens and every medication doesn't work, we are not playing here"

"I'm his mother, of course, we are not playing, I'm just saying that the Pentasa suppositories are not working and maybe we should try some of the oils"

"Who is the doctor here? You or me? If the Pentasa suppositories are not working, then that doesn't mean we try oils, it means we go to the biologics but first I will get him under the hospital's supervision after you have the colonoscopy"

Here, he pissed me off because of the way he spoke to me. He even said that he'd rather talk to another family member about this since he would have spoken to my husband instead if I had one. We got into a fight and I left as we kept yelling at each other and it escalated into nurses interfering.

I just don't understand. He could have considered my suggestions and none of this would have happened, AITA? The way he spoke to me was very rude, I felt like he kept dismissing me. I was just trying to get his approval because my son has Crohn's disease so he can't eat or drink some specific things.

EDIT: I read many of your comments and I'm going to start responding in 30-40 minutes once I'm home.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Does England have a Child Protective Services analogue?

Or I guess France? Whatever that first sentence means.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for speaking up when the doctor kept dismissing me and was being rude towards me (35F)?

OP's comments are all over the place. I'm hoping it's just some stupid troll instead of an actual grown mother to a child having a meltdown on Reddit.

OP posted:

So I have read many of the top comments and they confirmed what I have been thinking for the past few days.

I do not deserve to be a mother, truly. And for anybody's asking, you were completely right. I wasn't giving my child the suppositories as intended, I was only doing it for the first 5 days then I let him do it himself for most of the days. I only told the doctor that so that he doesn't yell at me because he has a short temper.

I don't deserve to be a mother. This might sound weird because "Oh my god? somebody being this honest and changing their mind so quick! impossible!" but believe me, it's not. I do not deserve to be a mother, I'm terrible, I'm neglectful, I'm horrible, I'm lovely as hell, I'm a recovering drug addict who has been struggling after my last divorce and started believing in bullshit from the Facebook IBD groups because I was so desperate and not in my right mind, I ADMIT IT. I'm terrible. I do not deserve to have my son. I didn't respond to any comments because I have been trying to remedy things with the doctor and I finally did, I'm going to have the colonoscopy for him, then he will hospitalize him for a month and get him under his care and supervision (this time, an enema instead of a suppository for a more effective result) and then after that, my sister and her husband are going to have the custody as I'm going to be in the rehab center. My son is bright, smart, and amazing and he doesn't deserve a lovely parent like me to screw him. I'm honest.

I'm sorry everybody, I will do the right thing, just for my son's life. Thanks, everybody for waking me up

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

From what I can make of the timeline this dude has been grief dating/loving since before his wife died.

I kind of want to know if the OP looks like his wife.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

OP's comments are all over the place. I'm hoping it's just some stupid troll instead of an actual grown mother to a child having a meltdown on Reddit.

And then the doctor stood up and clapped.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Arsenic Lupin posted:

As someone whose large and small intestines literally separated dumping bile and god knows what else into my stomach cavity and causing shitloads of damage to pretty much everything inside me resulting in massive amounts of emergency surgery and a surgeon who flat out told me I should have died weeks ago all thanks to Crohn's, holy gently caress this woman needs her kid taken away from her.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Arsenic Lupin posted:

She's nuts and I feel sorry for the kid.

On the other hand, Pentasa is worthless dogshit garbage and is barely better than essential oils. Kid needs biologics like Humira immediately before he needs surgery.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Well, for once, calling someone butt hurt actually is gravely diminishing the actual situation.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

B-Rock452 posted:

As someone whose large and small intestines literally separated dumping bile and god knows what else into my stomach cavity and causing shitloads of damage to pretty much everything inside me resulting in massive amounts of emergency surgery and a surgeon who flat out told me I should have died weeks ago all thanks to Crohn's, holy gently caress this woman needs her kid taken away from her.

:staredog: Holy poo poo I'm glad you're okay

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Danaru posted:

:staredog: Holy poo poo I'm glad you're okay

They're posting on Something Awful. They are far from okay.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Didn't we just have a remake of "rebecca"?

t-.-t
Nov 25, 2006

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for refusing to let my boyfriend have my bank account info to make a purchase?

UPDATE:

quote:

Wow so, I've left this thread after the first hour but got back to hundreds of people engaging...Wow I'm just amazed. And since many of you wanted to know what happened, I've went to his place and talked to him and his oldest son, turns out that the gaming device thing was a lie. He wanted the money for something else, to help pay for one of his buddies car repair. I was shocked when he confessed and said he had to lie and make it about his kids to get me to lend him the money. You can only imagine my reaction after this, I just blew up at him and left without giving him any chance to respond. He tried calling my phone (still trying) but I decided I want some space to think about what happened and really re-evaluate our relationship. It's true that he had me pay for the kids in the past but after what I found I wouldn't put it past him that those $30-60 purchases weren't for the kids as I haven't seen the stuff he said he bought for them. I'm in need of some space and quiet though I'm busy with work but I do my best to stay focused. I, quite frankly am no longer sure if I could move past this....it's just so unsettling that he has no issue lying to me and USING me for money like that. I love the kids, I ADORE thrm but him? He's hurt me with what I did and I'm not sure I could come back from it. I might just be upset right now and will need time...I don't know....yeah...I'm just going to do a lot of thinking regarding this situation and see what happens.

Sorry for the long text but I wanted to let you know about the situation as a whole.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
to be fair to the mom it sounds like the doctor really didn't give the essential oils a chance. to be fair to the doctor it sounds like the mom didn't give the suppositories a chance either. And the doctor raises a good point: he is a doctor.

just lol at the essential oils thing. I know nothing about them. are you supposed to smell them rub them on your skin or what? How the gently caress are they supposed to help with anything intestine-related?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I think they get droppered into ears or something?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for calling out my sister for breastfeeding at my wedding?

quote:

My (34m) sister gave birth 2 months ago. She brought the baby to mine and my wife's (23f) wedding.

She breastfeeds whenever she goes. We visit her house? She'll breastfeed in front of us. Visiting our parents? She'll breastfeed. Going out in a public setting? She'll sit on a bench on the park and breastfeed. Go out to a restaurant? She breastfeeds. Every where. I've never spoken on it because I know she'll get mad and offended but when she did that on my wedding I lost my cool.

During the reception dinner she just did it again. I kindly approached her and asked her why she didn't bring formula or at least bump milk out and put it in the bottle so she wouldn't have to do all this at that moment. She said "because I don't have to. I feel comfortable breastfeeding. Getting milk out on my own is more painful" I said she could just make this sacrifice and compromise for one day instead of doing this in front of 250 guests on my wedding. She then said she can't do much about it now, because the baby has to have her milk. I told her she should be more thoughtful of that then instead of completely embarrassing herself and us by doing this.

I told my wife what the deal was and she said I'm an AH and should immediately apologise to my sister. My parents also sided with my sister and now pretty much everyone thinks I'm an AH since I'm the only person who had a problem with it.

The only reason I decided to call her out is because I considered it a bad etiquette and tacky to do that at a formal event and that she could just find another solution for that night. AITA?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I mean yeah she should be able to nurse wherever she needs to and this guy's clearly a dipshit. When my wife was nursing she generally used a cover-up if we were at a restaurant, or if we were at a more formal occasion we'd usually try to find an out of the way corner or something for a little privacy. It was less thinking it isn't something to do in public or something shameful, more like she felt people were staring if we were in public or in a group. If friends were over it was "hope y'all don't mind my boob."

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Dude marrying someone a decade younger acts like a big baby when his sister breastfeeds a two month old, you don't say?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DeeplyConcerned posted:

just lol at the essential oils thing. I know nothing about them. are you supposed to smell them rub them on your skin or what? How the gently caress are they supposed to help with anything intestine-related?

Magic, they would cure it through magic.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Maybe the see-through-shirt wedding photographer was secretly nursing a baby in between shots and forgot to put her bra back on.

(There's no way that woman didn't look in the mirror at some point while she was getting dressed, or have to use the restroom during the event. Even if her house lighting is dark and lovely, with the bright lighting in most public restrooms, there's no way in hell she didn't know she was exposed.)

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Midnight Voyager posted:

Dude marrying someone a decade younger acts like a big baby when his sister breastfeeds a two month old, you don't say?

Even his recently-a-child bride thinks he's an rear end in a top hat for this one.

t-.-t
Nov 25, 2006

AITA for not opening the door for the cops when I was babysitting?

quote:

I'm a college student making some extra money babysitting this summer. I was staying at this family's house in a different neighborhood I wasn't familiar with, with their 4 year old and 6 year old for an evening.

I was getting them ready for bed and I heard shots. I told the kids that it must be fireworks. I just got them in bed on the side of the house that wasn't near the street and sat quietly in their room for a bit until they were alseep. I heard some knocking on the door and I didn't move even when the guy called out that it was the police and wanted to talk.

Now to some of y'all, that might seem weird. Especially if you have police forces that are trustworthy. But I grew up in a country where the police were outwardly agreesive and dangerous to bring around. Calling the police on any kind of crime against a woman was a surefire way to get a second crime done that night. So I was taught early by my mom to never call police, just go to sleep. If they come around you didn't see or hear poo poo, you were sleeping.

My family moved to America when I was 13 and learned that while the police in our area pretend like there a more formal safe organization they're no different than the ones back home. Even worse because at least at home everyone knows they're corrupt and won't tell them anything or help them with anything. But here, some people believe the air of respectability they put on and aid them. It's a rougher area I'm living in and I can say for certain that I've never seen a cop protect or serve the community.

So for me it was the most obvious thing ever that you don't come to the door if the cops knock. Like that's just generally accepted (in the places I've lived) as the stupidest poo poo you can do

I found out when the parents came home that that's not universal. They live in a rich neighborhood and I guess they actually do feel protected and safe with their police. But I didn't know that so when the mom came in and asked what was going on on the street, I said I don't know, I didn't see anything.

She said I must have noticed all the sirens and lights and I said "Yeah, I saw there were cops around, one knocked. I don't know what it's about"

She asked me what he had to say and I said like it was the most obvious thing in the world "I don't know, I didn't come to the door"

She got angry and asked why I wouldn't go see what was happening and talk to the officer. I was honestly incredulous, to me it was obvious.

I didn't explain myself well since I was so incredulous and said "Why would I?" In a "what the hell are you thinking" kind of tone.

She said I should leave and that she didn't want me watching her kids again. I had to argue with her to just get paid but she eventually did but tipped like poo poo.

I'm curious about an outside opinion...

AITA for not opening the door and not asking questions when I was babysitting and the police came around?

Edit... Some of y'all seen to be missing some context. If you are asking yourself "Wait why is talking to the police dangerous?" and really don't know, I'd recommend this video by a lawyer explaining it well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE

And if you're planning on commenting something along the lines of "haha scared silly little girls scared of nothing like an idiot" or "scared little baby girls shouldn't be babysitting" ... I'm sure nothing I can say is going to convince you I'm not just a scared stupid girlie. But maybe you'll understand if a big man with a big boy job like a lawyer explains it to you. So watch that video before you go telling me I'm dumb.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Dear Prudence: Help! My Fiancé Uses an Offensive Amount of Toilet Paper When They Pee.

quote:

Q. I’m Not King Midas: I am engaged to somebody I thought would be a wonderful forever partner. They are witty, good looking, dress well and have a “career” working at a not-for-profit related to animal rights. Life could not be better, right? Well, no. Recently I happened to be in the bathroom working on maintaining my beard when they ran in to use the toilet. I didn’t want to see that! What’s worse, when they went to wipe (after peeing?), they pulled out a 5-foot length of toilet paper, folded it over a bunch of times, wiped one time and flushed it away. This sparked a conversation about wastefulness, because I cannot afford to marry somebody who acts like they live on a golden barge as the queen of the Nile. I carefully explained how one square of toilet paper is fine for wiping, showed them how you can take that same square, wipe once, then fold it and wipe again, then fold it one last time—that’s THREE wipes/square of toilet paper.

They said I was being unreasonable! I believe in compromise so I bought them their own one ply toilet paper, they can use it all they want, but still they waste my more expensive name brand toilet paper. I suspect this habit stems from their practice of stealing toilet paper from work, so they have no idea about how to be a bit thrifty. How can I get them to come around? I cannot have a life of this. What if their relatives come by and are just as wasteful?

:psypop:

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
yeah i can imagine a Beard Maintainer would be disgusted by someone wiping after they pee

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

to be fair to the mom it sounds like the doctor really didn't give the essential oils a chance. to be fair to the doctor it sounds like the mom didn't give the suppositories a chance either. And the doctor raises a good point: he is a doctor.

I'm pretty sure that taking essential oils internally is a big no-go since they can cause chemical burns. Even putting undiluted oils on your skin can cause damage (for example some make you more sensitive to sunlight).

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

t-.-t posted:

AITA for not opening the door for the cops when I was babysitting?

This one was good but should have been

quote:

My family moved *to* America when I was 13 and learned that while the police in our area pretend like there a more formal safe organization they're no different than the ones back home. Even worse because at least at home everyone knows they're corrupt and won't tell them anything or help them with anything. But here, some people believe the air of respectability they put on and aid them. It's a rougher area I'm living in and I can say for certain that I've never seen a cop protect or serve the community.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

tinytort posted:

NTA. This was, if anything, the last straw for the manager and "wear a bra, and make sure your shirt isn't see-through" is basic professional advice for any job, but especially a customer service oriented one. Plus, if she showed up afterwards, wasted and wearing three bras (but no top), then she may well have flipped a table and quit.

OP says the woman showed up in a sheer white lace top. No bra. Top was see-through. Plus, let's assume that the woman did this by accident and forgot to put a bra on and didn't realize that her boobs were on full display. The "can you fix it in five minutes or less" rule is still in play; unless she's got a backup shirt in her car, she's either got to hop in her car and go home and change (delaying everything) or she has to hope that someone has a shirt she can borrow, or she has to go through the day like that.

I'd be willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that maybe she grabbed a shirt that was a lot less concealing than she expected it to be, except for the part where she flipped out and turned up at OP's house drunk and wearing three bras, and yelling that it was OP's fault she got fired.

There was perfectly good wedding cake there that could be fashioned into an undershirt

gay frog chemicals
May 27, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
uhhh why the hell would you answer the door for the police? I wouldn't do that and I'm white. There's literally nothing to be gained from it and a shitload to be lost.

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

DeeplyConcerned posted:

For the light quackery side, they will put oil diffusers around so they can smell it and it will help the digestion. The medium ones will take a certain mix of oils and rub it on your abdomen. For the pants on head crazy ones they will ingest the possibly toxic oils.

I still 100% believe the modern day usage comes down to people confusing essential to meaning absolutely necessary instead of its actual contextual meaning. So they think if they take the essential oils like essential vitamins it will cure poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
Her clients must have brainworms or something. One of the big babysitter responsibilities up there with "keep the children alive" is "don't open the door if potentially violent, armed men knock on it".