Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

Chief McHeath posted:

Actually you'll find that they need "worshed."

My mistake. I need learned more better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
When they speak and their voice doesn't sound exactly like mine

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Worf posted:

Cereal with water instead of milk even if they have milk

Is this actually a thing some humans do outside of making low effort youtube videos?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Contradicting me.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Worf posted:

Cereal with water instead of milk even if they have milk

Warm water. It's a thing from somewhere in Asia, and I know the countries vastly different, but this is second hand knowledge from someone I trust who saw them pouring hot water on cornflakes in the mini kitchen.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

osama bin laden.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Mispronouncing "twat" to rhyme it with "hot" instead of "hat". It's twat, not twot.

This is very important!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I'm pretty easy going, but a strong odor really makes a negative impression

If I can smell you before I see you, I immediately not like you. Doublely so if that is stale body odor

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Adults who make a very big deal about their own birthdays. I work with a guy who talked about his "birthday month" this year, where his wife got him a gift every day for 30 days leading up to his birthday. That's psycho poo poo to me, he's a 41 year old man with children.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Judge not lest ye be judged.

On LED headlights, I hated them but they came on my new car and drat I can see way better than my wife's car's headlights.
Her brights aren't near as illuminating as my low lights and it'll save my rear end from a hitting a deer or low visibility night jogger someday, you'll see!

I hate people that can't learn new things or hate being proven wrong.

If I am wrong I would like to know and I even feel bad about sharing the wrong info to people in the past and think about correcting my mistake and/or letting those people know.

Also just because Uncle Terry or whoever told you something 20 years ago it's not the gospel truth. You don't have to never grow, learn or change. i.e People still relying on like old imperfect science where they have since made new strides or telling you weightlifting advice from 40 years ago.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Karol-Man posted:

But officially it’s call football.

:jerkbag:

it's soccer. cry about it

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

A Fancy Hat posted:

Adults who make a very big deal about their own birthdays. I work with a guy who talked about his "birthday month" this year, where his wife got him a gift every day for 30 days leading up to his birthday. That's psycho poo poo to me, he's a 41 year old man with children.

We do "birthday week" where basically the other person doesn't need to lift a finger for chores or food making and whatnot.

And then little stuff on that just like cleaning the tub, pouring a nice bath for them with the bath sphere things and getting it all set up, checking the temp is right, put in the bath holder thingy with wine and their tablet to watch whatever, then leaving them in peace as long as they like.

No need for demanded gifts, it's all shared finances, you both can just buy a thing whenever you want and are not being crazy stupid about it.

Just treat them extra nice, seems to work.

Hell, I literally forgot it was my birthday last time until told. Okay, great, I'm a year closer to death. Thanks for the heads up.

Cryomancer
Jan 22, 2005

Indeed.
I judge people who internet post something they think is funny and then end it with "(don't block/unfriend me)." It's the new "I'll see myself out" and both of those are just embarrassing.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Stoatbringer posted:

Mispronouncing "twat" to rhyme it with "hot" instead of "hat". It's twat, not twot.

This is very important!

i hate when people rhyme it with hat

it sounds sooo stupid

"twat"

ughh

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

people who say "twat"

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

people who say "twat"

yes this too really

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Stoatbringer posted:

This is very important!

Twhat?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Some people pronounce "picture" as "pitcher" and not even because of a speech impediment

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Worf posted:

i hate when people rhyme it with hat

omg weren't you paying attention to the correct way to say it?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Devils Affricate posted:

Some people pronounce "picture" as "pitcher" and not even because of a speech impediment

I worked with a guy that would say “use” as “nuse” all the time. “Can you nuse the ice bath to cool this thing please?”
Probably wasn’t his fault, but it was one of many many minor irritating things about working with him. He also made loud smacky eating noises and constantly left cupboard doors open.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

taints that remain unreaped

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

taints that remain unreaped

lotta that around here lately

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Clogging up the self-checkout lane. If you have trouble scanning barcodes, bagging goods, and using a payment machine maybe you shouldn’t have brought a whole loving cartfull of stuff to the self-checkout lane in the first place.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Clogging up the self-checkout lane. If you have trouble scanning barcodes, bagging goods, and using a payment machine maybe you shouldn’t have brought a whole loving cartfull of stuff to the self-checkout lane in the first place.

I AM TRYING MY HARDEST! Please stop being so mean to meeeeeee! :cry:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Sometimes I swear the self-checkout conspires against me. The little anti-theft weighted counter thing will shut the whole thing down if I put a box of cat litter on there at the wrong angle.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Being super into “Norse” culture

Now, I’m not saying that you are 100% a Nazi if you’re super into that sort of stuff, but I’ve come across enough people who were really into Norse culture and were pretty explicitly Nazis that it immediately makes you suspect in my eyes

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

When people leave out a necessary "to be" from a sentence, as in: "The car needs washed."

SAME.

For example the classic support ticket: "printer needs fixed," pisses me off to no end. It should be either, "needs to be fixed," (formal) or, "needs fixing," (informal). I view the people that submit "x needs y" tickets as subhuman, incapable of higher level communication.

Ticket needs submitted.
Tacos needs eated.
Tires needs changed.
Persons needs gets to stores before closes.

See how stupid that sounds? No? Okay...
Lifepuzzler needs calm down.

Also people who say, "seen," instead of, "saw," when referring to when they used their eyeballs to view something in the past.

Lifepuzzler fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 7, 2022

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lifepuzzler posted:

SAME.

For example the classic support ticket: "printer needs fixed," pisses me off to no end. It should be either, "needs to be fixed," (formal) or, "needs fixing," (informal). I view the people that submit "x needs y" tickets as subhuman, incapable of higher level communication.

Ticket needs submitted.
Tacos needs eated.
Tires needs changed.
Persons needs gets to stores before closes.

See how stupid that sounds? No? Okay...
Lifepuzzler needs calm down.

Also people who say, "seen," instead of, "saw," when referring to when they used their eyeballs to view something in the past.

Just do the needful you jerk :reject:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I like to walk around talking like I'm a cast member of the show Spartacus It really throws people off

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
People who are emotionally moved by K-dramas despite the fact that they all reuse one of the same three lovely storylines

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Sheen Sheen posted:

Being super into “Norse” culture

Now, I’m not saying that you are 100% a Nazi if you’re super into that sort of stuff, but I’ve come across enough people who were really into Norse culture and were pretty explicitly Nazis that it immediately makes you suspect in my eyes

It's probably a different story if you lived in a Scandinavian country or something. But yeah I agree, I'm also going to be suspect of a guy with a Thor's hammer pendant.

Usually they make it pretty easy though, it's rarely just the one dogwhistle. A guy with just the Thor's hammer I might hear out, but if he's got on a pair of Doc Martens with red laces, a bomber jacket and a Fred Perry polo with the gold fringe, he's not coming into the bar.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
posting anime art or memes where the subject is just a weird little girl

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Using the word dice as singular instead of die

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Speaker posted:

It's probably a different story if you lived in a Scandinavian country or something. But yeah I agree, I'm also going to be suspect of a guy with a Thor's hammer pendant.

Usually they make it pretty easy though, it's rarely just the one dogwhistle. A guy with just the Thor's hammer I might hear out, but if he's got on a pair of Doc Martens with red laces, a bomber jacket and a Fred Perry polo with the gold fringe, he's not coming into the bar.

teen witch tips:
Inside Scandinavia is p normal and more often they’re just huge nerds (but obviously, use context clues, cause there are still Nazis). my partner has a ton of Nordic tattoos, and a ton of his friends do as well, it’s kinda whatever.

Outside Scandinavia, look for exits and implements.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

Lifepuzzler posted:

SAME.

Sorry but this is wrong. A printer does not "need to be fixed" unless the printer does not exist. It already is. It does not need to be. It just needs fixed.

For further grammatical education, visit western Pennsylvania

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My bank manager sending me stickers and spamming emojis. I wish she communicated with me as formally as goons in the early 00s in fear of probation for not punctuating their sentences, like this one

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

Just do the needful you jerk :reject:

I still haven't had someone seriously say that to me/write that to me. If it's a coworker, I will make a big deal about it. That barely qualifies as a sentence fragment.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

americans who try to use british or australian swang like wanker

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I've yet to meet a fellow American who uses the term "bollocks" as part of their regular vocabulary but for some reason I know it's going to happen some day and I'm not sure how I'll react

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Lifepuzzler posted:

I still haven't had someone seriously say that to me/write that to me. If it's a coworker, I will make a big deal about it. That barely qualifies as a sentence fragment.

I believe "do the needful" is an Indianism, so if you aren't working with folks from South Asia you probably won't hear it.