Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone who tries to police my toilet paper usage is getting the ol L7 surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

teen witch posted:

A cameo as the band "Camel Lips" in a John Waters film?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I'm gonna go out on a wild swing here and say that the fact the photog lady was piss drunk on a lawn in 3 bras screaming has a lot more to do with why she was fired and also why she was unable to dress properly than OP realises

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for telling my daughter she needs to stop sulking and ruining the mood at a party for her sister's engagement?

quote:

Me and my wife (53M, 54F) have 2 daughters, Anna (30F) and Emily (27F). Emily is engaged and her fiance's family hosted a party last weekend in celebration and also to introduce us to some extended family. We all went, including Anna but I could tell she seemed to be uncomfortable, so I asked her what's wrong and she said that it's her (ex) husband's birthday. I didn't know how to really reply to that so I just said 'oh' and went along my way. Whenever someone would try to talk to Anna, even something like what's your name she didn't put any effort into reply and would just give one word answers, other times she'd just sit in one corner by herself. A few people were noticing her demeanor, I went up to her and said that she needs stop sulking and strung up over his birthday, it doesn't mean anything anymore. Anna got really mad and called us selfish, to which I replied that she's being selfish by ruining the mood at a party for Emily's engagement. She left shortly after that, we haven't talked to her since then.

Was I the rear end in a top hat? My wife thinks I was too harsh but she agreed Anna needed to hear it, and Emily said she (Anna) really was ruining the mood.

Inquiring minds want to know, why is she so hung up on her ex's birthday?

OP posted:

She isn't divorced, her husband passed in a crash at the beginning of 2021.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Never too late to become an estranged parent.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

snergle posted:

strong socially liberal fiscally conservative vibes from aunt and uncle. sure we support gay rights. help you with money? no thanks how would your mom feel if i was just like letting you live here she might think im trying to replace her. please use decorum so people dont think we abandoned our gay family member to be homeless.

Social conservatives think gay teenagers kicked out by their parents deserve to be homeless because they're gay, fiscal conservatives think they deserve to be homeless because they're poor.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling my daughter she needs to stop sulking and ruining the mood at a party for her sister's engagement?

Inquiring minds want to know, why is she so hung up on her ex's birthday?

Late, the word is late husband, not ex. Argh.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

teen witch posted:

The fabled seventh Lagrange point

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Sometimes I wonder what people really think about their partners...... Wait, no I don't.

AITA for blowing off my boyfriend’s plans for a more exciting trip?

quote:

Typing this at the airport before my flight starts boarding.

Im in college. I’ve been dating Steve for a year. Steve is from a rural town in Ohio where nothing ever happens. He’s been begging me to come out to see him over the summer. I considered it, until I found out my two best friends will be visiting their boyfriends in Europe (exchange students).

I was not about to waste two weeks in loving Ohio while they’re hiking in the Alps with their boyfriends.

So I decided, gently caress this poo poo. And now im waiting to board a flight to Denver for six weeks of hiking and camping across four states.

Steve has been blowing up my phone and begging me to reconsider. He wants to introduce me to his family and check out life in Ohio for when we graduate next year. I told him no and hung up when he called me jealous for blowing off Ohio because my friends would be having a cooler summer break than me.

I ask if im the rear end in a top hat because my friends were with me when he last called. While we are sick of Steve’s poo poo, they think I may have been harsh when I blew up at him for pestering me about his stupid summer plans. Its not just a vacation, he wants a life with me in ducking Ohio.

AITA, really?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
It sounds like she doesn't want a life in rural Ohio. For obvious reasons

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I mean, if you give a poo poo about your partner at all you could visit them for a week in their bumfuck town. You got six.
Obviously break up, though.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Evil Willow posted:

Sometimes I wonder what people really think about their partners...... Wait, no I don't.

let's see, hike in the mountains, or sit around some hick town in nowheresville ohio where people hang around at walmart on a friday evening because it's the most happening place around

:thunk:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Evil Willow posted:

Ay, oh, way to go, Ohio

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I freaking love how many Ohio slams are in that tiny post

There is absolutely no reason to go to Ohio at all so lady made a drat good choice

quote:

I was not about to waste two weeks in loving Ohio while they’re hiking in the Alps with their boyfriends.

I want to marry this sentence

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

quote:

check out life in Ohio for when we graduate next year

Run far, far away. If op settled down with this guy to run his dad's farm or dealership or whatever, I'd give her 2 or 3 years before she goes on a trip and has her "what am I doing, I'm wasting my life" epiphany. Hopefully there wouldn't be any kids in the picture complicating things at that point.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is Ohio some sort of host that sends it's citizens out to assimilate others?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im pretty sure if states weren't banned from enacting border controls Ohio would make itself into an open air prison so they can keep people around to run the waffle houses

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Sort of but a bunch of the citizens it sends out never come back because they realize Ohio sucks.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is Ohio some sort of host that sends it's citizens out to assimilate others?

As an Ohioan - yes.

That said, wanna come to Ohio?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Her real mistake was dating someone stained with Ohio in the first place

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Many amazing people have come from Ohio. The thing they have in common is they all left.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Barudak posted:

Her real mistake was dating someone stained with Ohio in the first place

This.
You can't be mad that they're from Ohio once you start dating them. You looked straight at the poo poo and you stepped in it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Ohio aside, I like that her friends are all going to the alps and she doesn't want to miss an opportunity like that so she's going to Denver by herself.

Also if she had already made plans and was blowing them off to keep up with the Joneses then yeah that's rude but she's also obviously about to dump this guy so who cares?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
gently caress you and ohio, steve

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
i'm not about to spend two weeks in a poo poo-filled septic ta- i mean two weeks in Ohio. sorry steve.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Cedar Point and Kings Island are both in Ohio and both are pretty good

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
that lady doesn't seem like someone you'd want to date

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

A real man wipes his rear end with turpentine and steel wool.

Also, I’m getting over COVID and I’m pretty sure my head weighs two hundred pounds, so please don’t be stupid.

I can't make any promises. Hope you feel better soon!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

My wife grew up in Toledo and has a lot of fond memories. Rest of the state basically sucks though.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Cedar Point and Kings Island are both in Ohio and both are pretty good

I worked at Kings Island for like 4 years in college and I regret to inform you...

Though it was kinda cool the 4th of July when they had fireworks on the Eiffel Tower replica, but a storm came through so instead of sending dudes up to disarm the explosive devices mounted on a 295 fpot lightning rod, then just hit a button and shot 'em all at once.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Farg posted:

that lady doesn't seem like someone you'd want to date

She's not wrong about Ohio and should just break up with the guy if he's a small town weenie who never wants to leave, but the raw contempt she has for that guy is pretty lovely. The "we" in that line about being sick of his poo poo makes her sound like a mean girl rear end in a top hat

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for calling my (possibly ex)girlfriend a cowardly piece of poo poo after she didn't back me up?

quote:

I was with my girlfriend at the mall and we were going down the escalator when someone on the other escalator thats going up grabs the rear end of the girl standing in front of me. That girl turns around is yelling at me for grabbing her rear end. I told her that it was the other dude and she doesn't believe me, she keeps yelling at me and some other people are on the escalator saying I need to keep my hands to myself. I said "look I'm with my girlfriend, would I really do that in front of my girlfriend?, you saw what happened." and my girlfriend says "I dont know, I didn't see anything" That woman threatens to call the police and I said "gently caress this I'm getting out of here" and I grab my girlfriend and say "lets go" and she refuses to go saying she's scared.

Those people then point to a camera and tell me that this is all a prank. I told them all to go gently caress themselves. I was so loving pissed off at my girlfriend. She said she was scared and didn't want to argue with them and that she didn't know what would happen. I told her she's a cowardly piece of poo poo and that I can never depend on her. I didn't let her in the car and she was crying begging me to let me back in. She spent like 40 euros on an uber back home.

I decided to not talk to her after this poo poo. She called me a bunch of times and left me voice mails saying she was scared and that I'm an rear end in a top hat for leaving her at the mall.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Lol.

'I want to take the next step and introduce you to my family'

'Yeah, but like what if I want to do something that doesn't suck poo poo, idiot.'

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Mx. posted:

AITA for calling my (possibly ex)girlfriend a cowardly piece of poo poo after she didn't back me up?

Amazing the girlfriend is able to walk without a spine.
E: What's it like dating one of those fainting goats, OP?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I can't imagine how loving mad I would be for getting forced into someone's stupid loving sexual assault Youtube prank video

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Again, the funniest part is that her friends are all going to the alps so she's going to Denver. This isn't her being invited to tag along on a better trip, this is her hearing sometime else is doing something great and deciding to do something not as cool and completely alone while also torching her relationship.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

Ohio aside, I like that her friends are all going to the alps and she doesn't want to miss an opportunity like that so she's going to Denver by herself.

Also if she had already made plans and was blowing them off to keep up with the Joneses then yeah that's rude but she's also obviously about to dump this guy so who cares?

yeah I don't think people read the story because this woman stinks of being a shallow keep up with the Joneses mean girl

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Mountains are mountains but there's nothing quite like Ohio.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Use Ohio to caving in Kentucky. Largest cave system in the world and it's right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

OP sounds like she sucks so much as a person that she deserves to live in Ohio.