Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Consummate Professional posted:

Scott is truly deranged to think that the Missing Pieces make Fire Walk with Me better.

I thought that was a common thought? I certainly agree with it, easiest case being the Convince Store scene that is mangled to hell and back in the original cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Scott’s right

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
They do

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
Listening to the Reality Show Show and hearing Andy get mentioned in episode 13 is some Zemeckis level set up/payoff

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

Listening to the Reality Show Show and hearing Andy get mentioned in episode 13 is some Zemeckis level set up/payoff

He calls in at least once and I think gets mentioned in the last episode.

RIP Andy

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Andy is getting paid millions by Disney. I just hope he can use his clout to get a Hollywood Handbook ride made

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Scott's bug story on threedom was crazy.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
I know Carl Tart mentioned during one of the more recent Flagrant Ones that he'll be appearing on the CBBW tour. Have there been any other "All-Stars" confirmations? Or is it going to be more of a variety from show to show?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I'm surprised there hasn't been another "regular" announced besides just Scott and PFT. Didn't the last few tours have them plus Lauren, and then Neil Campbell or Gabrus or Mike Hanford on top of it?

Slightly unrelated, I really love that CBB Presents let's guests like Lilly Sullivan, Tim Baltz, Will Hines ans Dan Lippert really gently caress around outside of the CBB structure with the same kinda sensibility. A lot of those episodes have been very relistenable.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It’s cute that on the last Bonanas Andy Daly seems to genuinely think it’s a great accomplishment for the woman who guested on the Bonanza ep that she worked for Hubert Humphrey in 1972 and went on to be a Democratic Party expert on the Soviets going right into the era when Reagan whipped the poo poo out of that party partially because their foreign policy was viewed as too wimpy. Sounds like her political career was entirely a failure.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It's just funny/interesting that she went from "guest star spot in one episode of Bonanza" to "seemingly being very involved in high-powered political circles." Of course, you probably have the time and resources to make that career transition pretty easily when you're married to the lead actor of one of the most popular and successful shows on television.

In looking up the credits for that episode I found that Amazon has a random selection of Bonanza episodes available on Prime, including "The Ape" - "Hoss mentors a mentally challenged man who has superhuman size and strength, but his efforts are undermined by a saloon girl who only wants the giant to manipulate him." (Guest star: Leonard Nimoy!) And I've got some good news: that's Season 2 episode 14, so in about 10 months we should get to hear the Bonanas gang talk about this important work.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

LesterGroans posted:

I'm surprised there hasn't been another "regular" announced besides just Scott and PFT. Didn't the last few tours have them plus Lauren, and then Neil Campbell or Gabrus or Mike Hanford on top of it?

Slightly unrelated, I really love that CBB Presents let's guests like Lilly Sullivan, Tim Baltz, Will Hines ans Dan Lippert really gently caress around outside of the CBB structure with the same kinda sensibility. A lot of those episodes have been very relistenable.

Guessing we'll hear more when the time comes....but I'm just guessing that it will be a rotation with a few mainstays. Hard to imagine that all or even most of the CBB "All-Stars" will be performing each show....but who knows?

And yeah....a few of the CBB Presents have been a nice addition. Haven't listened to them all.....but 'Hey Randy' is the clear standout. Think 'Eat, Pray, Dunk with Bill Walton' was pretty drat good too.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

JethroMcB posted:

It's just funny/interesting that she went from "guest star spot in one episode of Bonanza" to "seemingly being very involved in high-powered political circles." Of course, you probably have the time and resources to make that career transition pretty easily when you're married to the lead actor of one of the most popular and successful shows on television.

In looking up the credits for that episode I found that Amazon has a random selection of Bonanza episodes available on Prime, including "The Ape" - "Hoss mentors a mentally challenged man who has superhuman size and strength, but his efforts are undermined by a saloon girl who only wants the giant to manipulate him." (Guest star: Leonard Nimoy!) And I've got some good news: that's Season 2 episode 14, so in about 10 months we should get to hear the Bonanas gang talk about this important work.

this sounds extremely good

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Think 'Eat, Pray, Dunk with Bill Walton' was pretty drat good too.
I just got back from a trip to London where I had Nando's twice, I was absurdly delighted by it.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Feel like it should be styled 'Eat! Pray! Dunk!'

The theme song has managed to keep popping into my head on occasion, it's great.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Took the opportunity to relisten to Reality Show Show, still very good. I miss the boys’ older energy but recognize nothing lasts forever. I never noticed how many times Hayes accidentally starts playing Money Tree into the pod.

What’s left to say except reality bites.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Still have a bunch of Bonanas For Bonanza to catch up on.....which I'm more than happy with. The 'Extravaganza' episodes haven't been great so far....but I've only heard three. Looking ahead....I'm a little disappointed that it's a bunch of Hot Dog episodes....which are still good.....but definitely not one of my favorite characters from the ADPPP. Do like to see a Patrick MacMahon episode on the horizon though! Really got my fingers crossed that Daly will revisit 'Ship To Shore with L Ron Hubbard'. Might be my favorite pilot of the bunch.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Waiting for Andy to break out the Marquis de Sade again.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Still have a bunch of Bonanas For Bonanza to catch up on.....which I'm more than happy with. The 'Extravaganza' episodes haven't been great so far....but I've only heard three. Looking ahead....I'm a little disappointed that it's a bunch of Hot Dog episodes....which are still good.....but definitely not one of my favorite characters from the ADPPP. Do like to see a Patrick MacMahon episode on the horizon though! Really got my fingers crossed that Daly will revisit 'Ship To Shore with L Ron Hubbard'. Might be my favorite pilot of the bunch.

Hot Dog ones are fun, Gourley trying to explain his character's accent several times is good.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
which reality show show ep had the story about on survivor where the prize for a challenge was to go see some adam sandler movie and it was so bad the cast refused to watch it and they had to fake laughter reaction shots

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think that was episode 19 with bus stop the mystery executive (was that a real guy idk) + the movie was Jack and Jill

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

that story has since been confirmed by other survivor people but they got the scoop!

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
catching up on the reality show show and being bemused and horrified by the story sean tells of being statutorily molested at the louvre

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"That's right, run back to high school, little boy"

Hayes: "I think that says a lot about the size of shorts back then, that she could just reach right in and jerk you off."

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Yeah that story is insane.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
When I did my relisten a year back I was blindsided by it because I completely forgot it.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i like the episode with schacter because it devolves into them asking extremely crass questions about a girl he'd slept with the night before or maybe didn't, hard to tell, that's the magic of the boys!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

scott aukerman and sean clements should do a podcast together where they discuss all the very hosed up poo poo that happened to them growing up

imagine scott being forced to interract with sean for 45 unbroken minutes, he'd go insane

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

cams posted:

scott aukerman and sean clements should do a podcast together where they discuss all the very hosed up poo poo that happened to them growing up

imagine scott being forced to interract with sean for 45 unbroken minutes, he'd go insane

Paul Scheer seems like he had a really hosed up childhood also, from some of the stories he's told over the years on various podcasts.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

catching up on the reality show show and being bemused and horrified by the story sean tells of being statutorily molested at the louvre

What episode was this?

cams posted:

Chairman Capone posted:

Paul Scheer seems like he had a really hosed up childhood also, from some of the stories he's told over the years on various podcasts.

I'd listen to that. They could also bring in other comedians to tell their hosed up stories.

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
I'm pretty sure its episode 26 with joe spellman

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I don't remember what podcast it was on but Sean talking about his really weird rock bottom moment where his car broke down while he was shitfacedly driving to New York and the only person who took his call was his sister because his parents had enough of his poo poo was so sad to me

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

The Peccadillo posted:

I don't remember what podcast it was on but Sean talking about his really weird rock bottom moment where his car broke down while he was shitfacedly driving to New York and the only person who took his call was his sister because his parents had enough of his poo poo was so sad to me

I believe that was on the Will Hines podcast about obsessions, Don't Get Me Started, when Sean came on to talk about his obsession with The Mountain Goats, and how it helped him with sobriety. Either that, or his High And Mighty episode where he talks about coffee.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

The Peccadillo posted:

Probably came up on episode 85 of Don Fanelli's podcast, 'The Need to Fail'.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
wow wow Dracula got dunked on on Bonusnanas

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
God, everyone's firing on all cylinders in the new Hey Randy

"Can't believe I just busted to this Jay Leno looking mf"

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 13, 2022

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The bit where Amber described her old boyfriend's bedroom voice had me in a fit. "Gerald is every kind of loser."

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Today I learned Dan lippert’s dad was legit born in 1921.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Sounds like you should subscribe to Man Dog Pod! He's talked about it a few times on there. I'm always thrown every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

I'm sad that 'Hey Randy' is only a monthly podcast. GD is it good.