Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Ok so obviously to make that console command work without any other input you need some sort of AHK script for the click. Anyone want to throw something together where you can set the two end locations of the fishing bar and set it to spam click? I know nothing about code so I don't even know where to begin.

I'm fuckin only on the 3rd gold fish quest and I already want to shoot myself because after using that console command and just manually clicking through all 2400 bait i had, i still only got one Gold Flier

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I had been staring at the fish quests and ignoring them up until I realised the incredibly obvious that I'd been missing - mealworms can catch gold fish, don't require loving with the bar, and can be produced from the worm habitat. So cranked the generation of those up to 80/h, and chewed through the 10 gold flier quest and the next three in a day without having to touch a single bar.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Made it through parts unknown

gently caress gold leafs

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

33/64 at the moment. Thankfully I'm doing so much exploring in Forest to make nets to do other poo poo that they're steadily ticking up anyway.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Mode 7 posted:

33/64 at the moment. Thankfully I'm doing so much exploring in Forest to make nets to do other poo poo that they're steadily ticking up anyway.

level 6 frog is your friend. This isnt the only time you will need a ton of gold leaves

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
this game sucks!

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

level 6 frog is your friend. This isnt the only time you will need a ton of gold leaves

I plowed through that grind without a frog, before I even made my first billion. Level 6 Parrot seemed like a better first investment.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Should I be spending much early silver to make exploring cheaper? Which areas if so?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Hit 99 exploring yesterday and got the bear and capybara, and now I'm in a very "now what" place since both of my main questlines are blocked by gold fliers and that's just something I don't feel like pushing for right now (plus I burned all my stored up stamina/items to get the 99 exploring push done so I can't even explore for the other items right now). I guess I want to still get silver saved up for the rest of ATI and the 10B storehouse upgrade, especially since part of the monthly event quest has 2000 items in one of its steps and my inventory size will, at the current rate, only get to 1980 by the 31st (might just drop the ~200g on another +100 size).

Also not sure if I want to keep pushing masteries for perk points - I have enough excess XP (mostly in crafting but also a lot in fishing) to hit the exchange center cap for 3 months, so the +XP perks aren't going to do much for me, and other than that I have the 4 Artisan perks (crafting costs less silver), energy drink, please recycle, and vault plans left. I guess please recycle will come in handy so I don't have to spend as much stamina exploring for shimmer stones for bottles, and energy drink means I get a bit more exploring done when I'm exhausting my stamina (and more likely to be at cap when the farmhouse cache procs).

For gold perks there's the +100m exchange center one which I should probably grab especially since I have so much excess XP right now. My orchard is currently exceeding my inventory size and will continue to for another week, so I guess I should have the next (last) orchard expansion on deck too. So I suppose instead of chasing masteries for perk points I should be chasing GMs for gold/silver and I guess future tower stuff. With 99 exploring out of the way I don't have to spend all my stam on WC anymore and can work on things like parchment, diaries, green dye, etc. which were mastery/GM projects I was working on before anyway. Also got some fish in the 60-80k range so those are just a net spam session away as well.

Pets I have left to unlock: penguin, blue dragon, onion. Rough headmath says the dragon should pay for itself in a couple of weeks from spheres alone? Penguin just seems completely useless but it's starting to seem cheap at this point so I might grab it just to have the masteries for those items ticking away in the background - maybe only take it to level 5 so it gives more giant squid? Onion seems mostly like a vanity/QoL thing that should go after a bunch of other 10B purchases, is that a fair assessment?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Gold Fliers are 100% the worst fish to catch in the game and I have no idea why it has like 1/10th of the catch rate of all the other fish.

Penguin at level 5 penguin for giant squids is probably ideal, you can grind them out with nets but it really sucks wasting 200 nets just get 500 squids when that could be like, 2 billion silver instead.
Blue dragon is great, will pay for itself quickly.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I think it's less that the fish itself has a lower rate and more that because lake tempest just has so many other drops in it that the relative rate of fliers is a lot less than other zones.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Why did he nerf resource saver perk instead of the T90 perk (which not that many have)

To apease the whales? :tinfoil:

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Has anyone else done Strange Companions V? I need 400 Gold Peas and 400 Gold Peppers and holy poo poo. A whole inventory of 1200 peas gives me 2-3 gold ones. So like, do I just do that... 267 times?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

tuyop posted:

Has anyone else done Strange Companions V? I need 400 Gold Peas and 400 Gold Peppers and holy poo poo. A whole inventory of 1200 peas gives me 2-3 gold ones. So like, do I just do that... 267 times?

there's pets that drop them, but also you can trade them so just ask in giveaways

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

tuyop posted:

I got almost all of the ones I needed in the giveaways channel

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah there are people absolutely drowning in the stuff so even if you're like "hey, I need 9 more golden peas to finish this quest" you're liable to get multiple people trying to just fill your mailbox with them.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I’ve been asking in chat for the same items for the same quest for 2-3 days and have picked up about 70 peas and 20 peppers. It’s gonna take a while, I guess- only have one of the two pets to L6 so I’m just getting the funds for the other and waiting, I think :(

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
This was a pretty successful event weekend. I just need to get my squirrel to lvl 6 and I've pretty much nailed down most of the necessary $1B things for where I'm at overall. Still working on getting access to PC but my moneymaking ability has skyrocketed thanks to all the lvl6 pets. My quests now are going to be more time-constrained than money-constrained so I should probably start to focus on some masteries while I wait.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I’m now 99/99/99/94 and making my way through my remaining quest lines, Strange Companions and A Towering Investment.

While the rewards for SC are very nice (I’m on 8 of 14), I’m assuming it’s more important for me to grind toward finishing ATI (2 of 18) first, right?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

FreshFeesh posted:

I’m now 99/99/99/94 and making my way through my remaining quest lines, Strange Companions and A Towering Investment.

While the rewards for SC are very nice (I’m on 8 of 14), I’m assuming it’s more important for me to grind toward finishing ATI (2 of 18) first, right?

Not sure. I sort of left the tower until last, just sort of working on it in the background while concentrating on other things - it’s a massive grind even compared to some of the more grindy quests.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

monkeytennis posted:

Not sure. I sort of left the tower until last, just sort of working on it in the background while concentrating on other things - it’s a massive grind even compared to some of the more grindy quests.

I did the similar. The tower is a huge resource and silver hole so I was mostly pushing through other quests first and getting all my pets to 6, which helps with the tower. For example the capy brings grab bag 07 which is full of gold fish and the armadillo brings screws and springs, and all of these are needed for ATI quests.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Xerol posted:

I think it's less that the fish itself has a lower rate and more that because lake tempest just has so many other drops in it that the relative rate of fliers is a lot less than other zones.

Yeah regular Flier feels like the same drop rate as other gold fish, and Gold Flier is just abysmal.

Is anything at Borgen's camp today good to grab for the future? My skills are in the 60s FWIW. I don't know what to do with all these ancient coins when Borgen doesn't have apples or OJ or etc.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

and the claw won! posted:

Yeah regular Flier feels like the same drop rate as other gold fish, and Gold Flier is just abysmal.

Is anything at Borgen's camp today good to grab for the future? My skills are in the 60s FWIW. I don't know what to do with all these ancient coins when Borgen doesn't have apples or OJ or etc.

Crab claws.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

and the claw won! posted:

If you can grab some moonstones (no more than 20 or so) that'll spare you a small grind but it's a pretty underwhelming selection this week.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

You can get plenty of crab claws from a level 6 macaw, and they should be one of your first pets. Even if you’re tossing 9 into the well every day for geckos and sea dragons like you should the moment you get it, you’ll probably have what you need by the time you hit that ATI level.
Same with LC2s, which contain small gears and springs. You’ll probably also get all the moonstones you need grinding away in ember for glass and stone fillups. Not a great Borgen this week.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Bring back OJ borgen

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kaboobi posted:

a level 6 macaw, and they should be one of your first pets.
I don't even see how this could be possible?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Ghostlight posted:

Think they mean first one to level up to 6.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

?

Level 6 macaw gives large nets, at level six it's what, 12 large nets on average a day? Or 14? I forget the exact math, but it's 30-40 million silver a day. Getting it early is very helpful for getting additional silver snowballing happening, more helpful than most other pets. Green dragon is 20-30 million/day or so? It's often in the next tier of pets.

What else would you be targeting? Frog is important, but doesn't directly give you silver if you have ground through the materials for LI/WC without it. If you do need it, it's probably the best first L6 pet. After Frog & Macaw...Green Dragon (less silver/day than macaw), Snake (pirate coins, which are not worth silver but are needed later), and uh...Red Dragon/Squirrel to go with the Frog & Snake?

E:fb. As folks upthread said, I think the quote meant it was one of the first level 6 pets.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lone Goat posted:

Think they mean first one to level up to 6.
Ah, that makes a lot more sense.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

i thought chat was paranoid about how the RNG can tell what you need & ramps up when you're miles away so you feel like you're making quick progress, only to switch gears and hold out on you when you get closer to your goal, and then I ended up at 63/64 gold leaves, and now i'm at 49/50 skull coins, and i'm starting to wonder...

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Ferns and Geckos, man. Ferns and Geckos.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

FreshFeesh posted:

Ferns and Geckos, man. Ferns and Geckos.

Herbs, not Ferns.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

As a heads up, I’d hold off on the strange companions gecko sink until you do the ATI one, you can get 100 geckos fairly quickly in the tower to replace the ones you spend there. Start tossing those crab claws in the well.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
When I was a lad I donated four hundred eggs every morning to help me get stam.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

I’ve been ignoring the personal requests since I did a few the first day. Are people finding them useful to complete?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

When I was a lad I donated four hundred eggs every morning to help me get stam.

Donating helps give you stam?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Just about to hit my second 10B - bought the farm row to get 4x99s (the quad Gretzky) first.

Torn between the Strange Onion (have all other pets with most of the good ones at L6 but not all) or buying the Storehouse upgrade. Any sage advice or things I am missing?

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I went with storehouse for my first 10B, because storage really does feel like it's everything. But I had farming 99 already.

I'm still working on exploring so the next 10B will either be saved for buying those pets or put into the farm row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

rafikki posted:

I’ve been ignoring the personal requests since I did a few the first day. Are people finding them useful to complete?

Completely hit or miss but I generally try to push through them because you can sometimes get very lucky. I've gotten several gold fish, gecko, and herb rewarding requests.