Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Yeah if we are learning one thing today its that there are too many ministers

Boris once again shows his cunning brilliance by enacting this bold strategy to make the ministry more efficient!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Worth bearing in mind that even if bojo is no confidenced by the tories and is no longer leader, he does technically remain PM because that position is strictly a seperate thing set aside from the party structure - he is appointed by the queen. Traditionally the two are linked and have been for a long time, and most would resign, but like everything else in parliament that is entirely based on informal precedent and gentleman's agreements. If he just said 'lol no' it would require a commons no confidence to oust him. I'm not sure even he would dig his heels in that much, but who knows in tyool 2022.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

He's the shittiest would be Mussolini we've got.

Until the next one.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
This should be good for a laugh if he shows up.

https://twitter.com/MhairiHunter/status/1544681966255181824?t=gckiWZdjK0Duw3PFb8PYkA

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Lady Gaza posted:

Doesn’t being a minister come with extra salary? Maybe just another way to shovel cash into their mates’ pockets.

It's literally just that.

Also this is absolutely it, finally.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So hyped for the Liz Truss cabinet.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's Ed Davey, one of the cowards who jumped ship after brexit. His voting record is one of solidly never, ever voting against party lines. Like this is not even a joke, he is straight up yellow tory.

Jumped ship from what?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

It's extremely funny that Boris Johnson is able to get away with unlimited sex scandals entirely unscathed, but his government is shattered into a million pieces as soon as anybody else does one. He's like a Prince Rupert's drop of inappropriate touching and I'm just disappointed in myself for not seeing this twist coming

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's Ed Davey, one of the cowards who jumped ship after brexit. His voting record is one of solidly never, ever voting against party lines. Like this is not even a joke, he is straight up yellow tory.

Ed Davey did not jump poo poo after Brexit, he's a life long Lib Dem. He worked for the party after leaving Oxford (PPE), or at least for one of their MPs, & that was 1989. He was a Lib Dem MP from 97 until 2015 & then again from 2017. Also hard to criticise someone for not voting against party lines when they have been party of the leaders team almost since the day he first got elected. That's unfortunately how Westminster works. Instead, criticise him from being one of the Orange Bookers, an absolutely unhinged free market worshipper who voted against the smoking ban, & actually thinks deregulation of the energy industry is the way forward. He's a loving mad ideolgue for an ideology that has failed. Or I guess depending how you look at it, succeeded on its own terms but that's bad for the majority of people.

The IEA & Oliver Letwin like him, he was viewed as the successor to the leadership of the Lib Dem free market fundamentalists in the run up to the 2015 election but before Humiliation For Loser Clegg & almost all their MPs getting the kicking they so richly deserved.

Mind you, he loves nuclear power so surprised goons aren't fans.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
i mean he's literally the leader of the lib dems rn so it would be a surprising turn of events certainly

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
He's thinking of Ed Vaizey who was one of the Tory MPs who had the whip removed by Boris over the EU stuff. He didn't re-run in 2019 and got made a Lord.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

he actually turned up!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

TACD posted:

It's extremely funny that Boris Johnson is able to get away with unlimited sex scandals entirely unscathed, but his government is shattered into a million pieces as soon as anybody else does one. He's like a Prince Rupert's drop of inappropriate touching and I'm just disappointed in myself for not seeing this twist coming

Not super enthused at the idea of boris's explosive internal sexual tension tbh.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

TACD posted:

While I don't think the tories at large much care about the distinction, I guess the one positive thing you can say about Boris Johnson is that at least he seems to prefer consenting human adults, which I guess helps to make his own sex scandals seem almost quaint compared to those of other MPs.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
He's genuinely trying to bluff this one out lmao

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Ed Davey

actually thinks deregulation of the energy industry is the way forward.

make fallout real 2025.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

helpful analysis of this https://twitter.com/cath_haddon/status/1544683123891478529

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

Instead, criticise him from being one of the Orange Bookers, an absolutely unhinged free market worshipper

One has a century of theory and practice showing its viability and people are irrationally scared of it because it's invisible and they don't know how it works.

The other has three centuries of being shown to be utter bollocks but people are irrationally in love with it because it's invisible and they don't know how it works.

If they spent as much time warning people about Friedman as radon we'd have much better houses.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Just imagine me posting the Jack Nicholson nodding gif in response to every tweet

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

https://twitter.com/alethaadu/status/1544674664550731776

Shoddy source, but allow me to be the first to say: HERE WE

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Itzena posted:

He's genuinely trying to bluff this one out lmao

Always worked before

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

As much as the Tory's bill cracking down on protest is an absolute disgrace and terrifying totalitarianism, Steve Bray is still a massive oval office and we should stop lionising him.

Yeah, gotta agree, he's an absolute bellend. A failed Lib Dem candidate. Got the public to raise £12k so he could live across the street from Jacob Rees Mogg for a couple of months. The law is bad but I must admit I still had a chuckle when it was used against him.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Glad that parliawint will come back for important events

https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/1544685335736553472?s=21&t=br84eUwONoYLagGme1gc3A

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

It's times like this which make me so glad we didn't vote for Chaos with Ed MilibandTM. Imagine what a shitshow we'd be in then, eh?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

kingturnip posted:

Nope.
If he calls an election, that's him finished in politics. He knows it, as does everyone else.
He'll gently caress off, probably out of the country, possibly to somewhere they can't make him pay child support.

I haven't checked in a while. I remember reading a few years ago that it is not known publically how many children Johnson has. Is this still true? What estimates are circulating?

Lol, he'd be the Antipope of the Conservative Party.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

William Bear posted:

I haven't checked in a while. I remember reading a few years ago that it is not known publically how many children Johnson has. Is this still true? What estimates are circulating?

Hard to estimate when you have to hit such a fast moving target. By the time you figure out the current set he probably made a few more.

It's possible he is speeding up at a quadratic or exponential rate.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's
The current BBC headline is saying "Gove tells Johnson to go as resignations pile on pressure".

That is such a lovely move to look like you are doing something by doing nothing.

He's such a cowardly poo poo. Just resign.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

William Bear posted:

We actually do know now, he confirmed before his latest kid was born that it will be his seventh.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So we know it's somewhere in the set of positive integers larger than 7.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

We're gonna miss the days when we had the Tory who became Prime Minister just so he could have more kids. The next one will be worse.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1544691452504117249?s=20

I'm too exhausted to laugh at this but boy the brass neck. "Yes, I will retain my ministerial salary of £71,673, on top of the MP salary of £84,144, out of duty to the country".

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Are we only counting official children, or including the bastards?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I want a general election where Boris is barricaded inside No.10 with the majority of the Tories against his leadership while Starmer resigns because he had a beer. Let's go with the chaos option.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Brendan Rodgers posted:

We're gonna miss the days when we had the Tory who became Prime Minister just so he could have more kids. The next one will be worse.

THERE IS ALWAYS MORE
IT IS ALWAYS WORSE
YOU'LL ONLY BE FREE
WHEN YOU LEAVE IN A HEARSE

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Lord of the Llamas posted:

He's thinking of Ed Vaizey who was one of the Tory MPs who had the whip removed by Boris over the EU stuff. He didn't re-run in 2019 and got made a Lord.
That's the bastard, our local MP. poo poo the bed and ran.

They're all interchangeable anyway.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/GusTheFox/status/1544441546342268929

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q-U2THOF00

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I know it’s yet another no-name, but lol

https://twitter.com/nickfaith82/status/1544693404696813570?s=21&t=br84eUwONoYLagGme1gc3A

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I wonder how nervous Zahawi is right now, could be a very short chancellorship indeed if things go a certain way. Behind the scenes I bet he's absolutely ripping into Johnson to just about anyone who'll listen to try and curry favour both ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://twitter.com/jackmirkinson/status/1544688153797197826?s=20&t=4AS26R4b2LpEHjmSheZKrA