Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So like, I'll go ahead and ask but I've been hard ignoring battalions

What do they even do? Are they just equipment?? (I also forgot what half of the stats do like Luck/Charm lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
The super short answer is they supercharge your weapons triangle bonus. So each individual battalion counts as one step for using they individual weapon. If you put a sword on a sword user, you are supereffective/two chevroned over axe users instead of one.

They are otherwise just equipment you plug into people.

I personally just give everyone the weapon they're using and promptly forget to every upgrade them. It let Shez and Petra one shot all armored knights on sight with a dark slash or whatever tho

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Inu posted:

Are there a lot of supports that you can miss the opportunity to get? I was surprised when I got Claude and Holst to C, because apparently I already "missed the chance to deepen their bond". It's a little disappointing since I'm guessing these two are exclusive to this route.

How early are you? I’ve seen lots of chatter of missing supports but no one ever says what chapter they are on when they realize they’re locked out.

I’m chapter 9 of AG and I haven’t had that problem yet but I micromanage my training and chores to focus on building supports. Everyone is at least C with all the route specific supports and many are almost through B.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
So I made it through Azure Gleam and I gotta say It's... kind of dull? There were some decent subplot threads like the internal kingdom politics, reparing relations with Duscur, and people talking about Fearghus being a bunch of lovely unmanagable tundra, but the central plot was really not anything. Everyone just grows up immediately, Sylvain applies himself, Ingrid stops being racist, Felix is made a duke and scolds Dimitri as a peer, and Dimitri calmly and methodically untangles the Tragedy of Duscur to eventually arrive at Thales being the instigator and the target of his revenge. There's one chapter of Dimitri getting lured away from the group and captured by Cornelia, and the gang busts him out and talks him out of a mopey fugue, Felix yells at him that he loves him, and he gets better and stays better.

There's also a whole plot thread of Shez and Arval absolutely fawning over Rodrigue and gushing over what a saint of a man that guy is, and it's more weird than anything. I suspect it's meant to make it really tragic that he dies if you kill Jeralt, but uh, the dude is not that great. He's even on the route where you get Seteth who is a literal saint and way cooler!

I guess it's meant as Blue Lions route where all the characters make sensible decisions instead of the worst possible ones, but the dysfunction is what made Azure Moon compelling. They just took it and replaced it with nothing. You don't even get to see Dimitri turn into the Boar, and the route starts with him finding out that his uncle was a conspirator to the Tragedy and Dimitri legally has to murder him for treason! what the gently caress!

Also I'd like to add some things to the spoiler chat about the Empire's role in the Azure Gleam story:

It's left a little more open ended than at least I took away from that. At the end of part 1, Thales shows up and casts a spell on Edelgard; she turns into the Hegemon Husk and nukes Arianhrod. For the entirety of part 2 she's a meek little puppet who follows Thales and Ludwig around like a lost puppy and just repeats whatever they tell her to say. It is extremely off and gross. But if you recruit Byleth, she briefly regains her senses during the interlude chapter and is just extremely confused and asks where the gently caress she is and what has happened since Arianhrod.

The gang tells her that she's been made into some kind of puppet of Thales and Duke Aegir and the empire has gone to absolute poo poo, which she takes in relative stride. "Well, gently caress. That is the exact thing I didn't want to happen. Okay, so we're getting out of here, right? Not that the outside world sounds better than whatever nightmare dimension this is, but just tell me what you need me to do. Don't worry about me, I'm used to having zero agency." She also gets a little scene with Dimitri where they reminisce about being Dee and El and she tells him to gently caress off and stop romanticizing her. They made her the coolest lord even in the timeline where she is a mindless puppet.

Then in the final chapter, she's a puppet again, you kill Thales and a beaten Edelgard is sprawled out on the floor, weakly protests "uncle, no..." and then looks up at Dimitri and goes "Dee?" Dimitri gives her an icy glare and walks off, leaving her alone and confused in the cathedral. On the grander scale, you've killed Duke Aegir and the named Slitherers, but both Linhardt and Caspar's dads make it out alive. The only Black Eagle confirmed dead is Caspar, most of the others are recruitable, and Hubert and Ferdinand just don't show up at all other than NPCs noting that they are missing. The implication is obviously that they rebelled against the Duke and are dead or at least imprisoned, but it's never confirmed.

If you want to believe that Edelgard makes a full recovery after the initial shock of Thales dying and having his spell broken, and that she either gets scooped up by Hubert and Ferdinand who have been running an unseen guerilla campaign on the side, or just busts them out of the cell they were in, and together they set out to steer the Empire back on track, greatly diminished by Ludwig's gross misrule, but also unburdened by him and the Slitherers loving poo poo up behind the scenes, there is nothing in the text to contradict that.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
I believe there's a blink-and-miss-it single line of dialogue that heavily implies both Hubert and Ferdi are offscreen-killed by Thales and Ludwig. Which is...well, it fits AG's writing I guess.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
implied schmimplied, if i don't see it on screen i can decide it didn't happen

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Also it would be against the tone of that route since despite never going boar they somehow managed to make Dimitri an even worse person that he ever was in Houses.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Gamerofthegame posted:

The super short answer is they supercharge your weapons triangle bonus. So each individual battalion counts as one step for using they individual weapon. If you put a sword on a sword user, you are supereffective/two chevroned over axe users instead of one.

They are otherwise just equipment you plug into people.

I personally just give everyone the weapon they're using and promptly forget to every upgrade them. It let Shez and Petra one shot all armored knights on sight with a dark slash or whatever tho

That's a valid way to use them; Battalions are also great for either a) giving yourself an advantage over an additional enemy type on the battlefield or b) covering for a weakness and nullifying disadvantage.

It can start to get pretty wacky towards the end of the game, when you've maxed out your character's preferred class, because doing so gives you a [weapon]breaker ability that lets you keep your advantage over an enemy type even if you switch to another class. So for example if you max out Shez's Asura class, give her the axebreaker ability, change her to wyvern lord, and equip a brawler battalion, she has advantage over three entire enemy types. And then if you add an adjutant who's also similarly smartly equipped, you can basically run the entire battlefield on one player, just switching back and forth between your adjutant as needed.

I also like to use them in case my energized characters happen to be weak to something on the battlefield; if you give them a battalion to cancel out that weakness, you can send them wherever without having to worry about them dying too much (although you need to still be careful about triple advantage situations like anti-armor, flying, or cav, but that's less common an issue)

tl;dr; read the enemy type preview before battle, and equip battalions as necessary to make sure you're as strong as possible against everything, while avoiding as many weaknesses as possible. It's like if you're playing rock paper scissors, but you get to see what the opponent is playing beforehand, and also you get to play twice on each turn

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think my favorite addition in Three Hopes is Caspar's dad. Yeah, he's a little balding dude who is extremely earnest and an absolute shitwrecker, we all expected that, but he's also some kind of amateur motivational speaker who loves flowery speeches and on-the-nose metaphors, and it somehow works because you know he's completely sincere and can back it up with his fists. I did not see that coming, but it rules.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Is there a way to make battalion health not get depleted in two minutes, even with two pips triangle advantage, on units you're not actively controlling?
Beyond upgrading from baby's first army barely disciplined mob with 600 base endurance to A+ ultra elites trained by Caspar's dad and Hilda's brother with 3000, I mean.

E: some units have skills reducing battalion damage, I'm asking if there's something more reliable than keeping everyone else on base defense and leapfrogging unit control when advancing.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

That's a valid way to use them; Battalions are also great for either a) giving yourself an advantage over an additional enemy type on the battlefield or b) covering for a weakness and nullifying disadvantage.

It can start to get pretty wacky towards the end of the game, when you've maxed out your character's preferred class, because doing so gives you a [weapon]breaker ability that lets you keep your advantage over an enemy type even if you switch to another class. So for example if you max out Shez's Asura class, give her the axebreaker ability, change her to wyvern lord, and equip a brawler battalion, she has advantage over three entire enemy types. And then if you add an adjutant who's also similarly smartly equipped, you can basically run the entire battlefield on one player, just switching back and forth between your adjutant as needed.

I also like to use them in case my energized characters happen to be weak to something on the battlefield; if you give them a battalion to cancel out that weakness, you can send them wherever without having to worry about them dying too much (although you need to still be careful about triple advantage situations like anti-armor, flying, or cav, but that's less common an issue)

tl;dr; read the enemy type preview before battle, and equip battalions as necessary to make sure you're as strong as possible against everything, while avoiding as many weaknesses as possible. It's like if you're playing rock paper scissors, but you get to see what the opponent is playing beforehand, and also you get to play twice on each turn

One thing I will say is it's generally more worth it to stack advantage than to try and cover your weakness. You have four deployment slots, it's very rare for a mission to have over four enemy types, and 3 chevron advantage is a huge difference over just one tier of advantage. Just makes you way better at bullying them and breaking the stun gauge, and crit rushes are where the big damage is. (if you're playing on a higher difficulty)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Eimi posted:

One thing I will say is it's generally more worth it to stack advantage than to try and cover your weakness. You have four deployment slots, it's very rare for a mission to have over four enemy types, and 3 chevron advantage is a huge difference over just one tier of advantage. Just makes you way better at bullying them and breaking the stun gauge, and crit rushes are where the big damage is. (if you're playing on a higher difficulty)

That's fair, durability is probably more of an issue on hard. If you're willing to actually swap between characters and be smart, then doing it that way is probably superior, I just like finding lazy modes

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Lazy mode is stacking triple advantages against swords, fists and tomes, and using effective weapons for the rest since half the endgame classes are mounted or flying. Also putting your best anti-monster batallion on Hapi and fielding her on any maps with monsters. Effective weapons are even more busted than triple pips.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it's only fair to Black Eagles fans that the Blue Lions get the :effort: storyline this time around

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The endings are pretty mass effect 3ish in feeling, all of them leave me less than the sum of the parts.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think my favorite addition in Three Hopes is Caspar's dad. Yeah, he's a little balding dude who is extremely earnest and an absolute shitwrecker, we all expected that, but he's also some kind of amateur motivational speaker who loves flowery speeches and on-the-nose metaphors, and it somehow works because you know he's completely sincere and can back it up with his fists. I did not see that coming, but it rules.

He’s exactly what I expected personality wise but not at all what I expected visually. I was picturing a Caesar/Bismarck esque design not the gladiator/barbarian vibe they went with.
Linhardt dad, Sylvain’s dad, Lorenz’s dad, and Holst are all visually and personality identical to how I pictured them.
The only guy they missed the mark with was Bernie’s dad, who is played way too much as bumbling comic relief both personality and appearance for how much of a scumbag the original portrayed him.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I think my favorite bit of Dad Facts is that Bergliez and Hevring have exactly the same dynamic as Caspar and Lindhart, except that they genuinely hate each other.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

I think my favorite bit of Dad Facts is that Bergleiz and Hevring have exactly the same dynamic as Caspar and Lindhart, except that they genuinely hate each other.

Really? I never got that impression, least on SB. It felt very friendly rivalry. Like the bit where Hevring goes to Bergliez isn't him hating the guy as much "Oh great, here we go again."

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Eimi posted:

Really? I never got that impression, least on SB. It felt very friendly rivalry. Like the bit where Hevring goes to Bergliez isn't him hating the guy as much "Oh great, here we go again."

I mean, they're professional about it, and I think Duke Bergliez may be a bit oblivious to it, but I'm pretty sure Count Hevring really does despise him in all the ways that Lindhart pretends to hate Caspar's bullshit.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah on Azure Gleam when you're about to murder Leopold, Waldemar warps in and heals him, and then when you kick both their asses, Waldemar warps back out while Leopold starts giving a speech about how he's happy he at least gets a soldier's death despite the Empire going to poo poo, only to get interrupted halfway through by Waldemar casting Rescue and telling him people need him alive. They friends.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I've only seen them interact on chapter 3 of SB but yes, their relationship is definitively more... acerbic/antagonistoc than their sons.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

So I made it through Azure Gleam and I gotta say It's... kind of dull? There were some decent subplot threads like the internal kingdom politics, reparing relations with Duscur, and people talking about Fearghus being a bunch of lovely unmanagable tundra, but the central plot was really not anything. Everyone just grows up immediately, Sylvain applies himself, Ingrid stops being racist, Felix is made a duke and scolds Dimitri as a peer, and Dimitri calmly and methodically untangles the Tragedy of Duscur to eventually arrive at Thales being the instigator and the target of his revenge. There's one chapter of Dimitri getting lured away from the group and captured by Cornelia, and the gang busts him out and talks him out of a mopey fugue, Felix yells at him that he loves him, and he gets better and stays better.

There's also a whole plot thread of Shez and Arval absolutely fawning over Rodrigue and gushing over what a saint of a man that guy is, and it's more weird than anything. I suspect it's meant to make it really tragic that he dies if you kill Jeralt, but uh, the dude is not that great. He's even on the route where you get Seteth who is a literal saint and way cooler!

I guess it's meant as Blue Lions route where all the characters make sensible decisions instead of the worst possible ones, but the dysfunction is what made Azure Moon compelling. They just took it and replaced it with nothing. You don't even get to see Dimitri turn into the Boar, and the route starts with him finding out that his uncle was a conspirator to the Tragedy and Dimitri legally has to murder him for treason! what the gently caress!

Also I'd like to add some things to the spoiler chat about the Empire's role in the Azure Gleam story:

It's left a little more open ended than at least I took away from that. At the end of part 1, Thales shows up and casts a spell on Edelgard; she turns into the Hegemon Husk and nukes Arianhrod. For the entirety of part 2 she's a meek little puppet who follows Thales and Ludwig around like a lost puppy and just repeats whatever they tell her to say. It is extremely off and gross. But if you recruit Byleth, she briefly regains her senses during the interlude chapter and is just extremely confused and asks where the gently caress she is and what has happened since Arianhrod.

The gang tells her that she's been made into some kind of puppet of Thales and Duke Aegir and the empire has gone to absolute poo poo, which she takes in relative stride. "Well, gently caress. That is the exact thing I didn't want to happen. Okay, so we're getting out of here, right? Not that the outside world sounds better than whatever nightmare dimension this is, but just tell me what you need me to do. Don't worry about me, I'm used to having zero agency." She also gets a little scene with Dimitri where they reminisce about being Dee and El and she tells him to gently caress off and stop romanticizing her. They made her the coolest lord even in the timeline where she is a mindless puppet.

Then in the final chapter, she's a puppet again, you kill Thales and a beaten Edelgard is sprawled out on the floor, weakly protests "uncle, no..." and then looks up at Dimitri and goes "Dee?" Dimitri gives her an icy glare and walks off, leaving her alone and confused in the cathedral. On the grander scale, you've killed Duke Aegir and the named Slitherers, but both Linhardt and Caspar's dads make it out alive. The only Black Eagle confirmed dead is Caspar, most of the others are recruitable, and Hubert and Ferdinand just don't show up at all other than NPCs noting that they are missing. The implication is obviously that they rebelled against the Duke and are dead or at least imprisoned, but it's never confirmed.

If you want to believe that Edelgard makes a full recovery after the initial shock of Thales dying and having his spell broken, and that she either gets scooped up by Hubert and Ferdinand who have been running an unseen guerilla campaign on the side, or just busts them out of the cell they were in, and together they set out to steer the Empire back on track, greatly diminished by Ludwig's gross misrule, but also unburdened by him and the Slitherers loving poo poo up behind the scenes, there is nothing in the text to contradict that.

Randolph directly states that Hubert has been killed.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

Randolph directly states that Hubert has been killed.

Dedue was also declared “dead” in Azure Moon. If I don’t see a body, there’s always the chance he faked his death. :colbert:

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Epi Lepi posted:

How early are you? I’ve seen lots of chatter of missing supports but no one ever says what chapter they are on when they realize they’re locked out.

I’m chapter 9 of AG and I haven’t had that problem yet but I micromanage my training and chores to focus on building supports. Everyone is at least C with all the route specific supports and many are almost through B.

I forget the actual chapter number, but I'm up to the part where we have to repel the Almyran invasion after we started invading, and then pulled back from Empire territory

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
when do they start giving out master seals? I wanna grind!!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

when do they start giving out master seals? I wanna grind!!

I started getting them at the beginning of Part 2, I don't think they show up until then outside of a NG+.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Here's a thing I don't like: no longer being able to see how every unit would look in each class's outfit. I loved just scrolling through all the options for everyone in 3 Houses.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
But the default class outfits were terrible, even on generic npcs. Even putting aside how nonsensical they were. There’s a reason that of the three characters who are default warriors, not one of them wears anything like the actual class outfit. Thank god for the “let everyone keep their outfits” patch.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Weapon durability is just "how many times do I get to use combat arts per map," right? It resets?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

OzFactor posted:

Weapon durability is just "how many times do I get to use combat arts per map," right? It resets?

Yeah, and you can pick up things mid-map to restore it as well.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

OzFactor posted:

Yep, it's just mana basically. And you can pick up purple crystals to recharge it mid-battle, so no reason to hold back.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's actually pretty interesting to me how the tide seems to have shifted from Three Houses to Three Hopes regarding the routes. Originally, it seemed like the writing defaults to supporting the church, where the Golden Deer route is sort of an awkward reworking of the Church route and the Edelgard route is obviously underdeveloped, treated implicitly as a villain route. The Blue Lions manage to feel like the most "default" Fire Emblem story, as well as perhaps the most well-developed route.

This time around, it's the Blue Lions who are the odd ones out, requiring a bunch of awkward plot contrivances (Edelgard getting brain-zapped, yikes) to get back to the status quo of Three Houses. There's no Church route, Claude's a wildcard in the other routes but in his route he's implacably anti-church now for the same social revolution reasons as Edelgard (he fully becomes the new King of Liberation on the Talitean Plains - an amazing reversal of his Three Houses plot!). Edelgard's route is now fully fleshed out, and feels the most proactive in terms of the plot and factions orbiting around her actions.

It's just interesting to see how Three Houses' reception by the audience and some time to mull over the story has led to a shift of the fundamentals. The greater focus on the political nitty-gritty of who controls which exact territories really brings the geopolitics of the setting to life (suddenly knowing all the minor noble houses of the Alliance and where they are on the map matters).

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I really hope that the next mainline game keeps that focus on the political nitty gritty, on making the protagonists grey, and ultimately having your actions be kind of messy. If there's one element I love out of Houses (aside from the gay), it's that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I always thought Demtri was the obvious bad guy in three houses because Demtri sucks

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

I always thought Demtri was the obvious bad guy in three houses because Demtri sucks

And yet they somehow found a way to make him worse in this game. It's impressive. A real feat.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It's really funny how much Dimitri sucks considering that his primary opponent is a gigantic empire that, in both games, launches a completely unprovoked(publicly) war of absolute conquest on every other country.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Regarding AG whoever said one of the biggest problems outside the yikes Edelgard stuff is that the Lions are just boring now is pretty bang on. The writing magically solves all of their hangups and character flaws off screen during the time skip, but rarely if ever replaces them with anything new or interesting. Dimitri calmly and rationally works his way through the web of mystery to obtain his revenge and never even shows a hint of crazy, even when he does have some reason to suspect Edelgard is involved. Felix is now a Duke and his chiding of Dimitri is less petulant and more trying to advise him, and hell if you get him to an A support with his dad they even sit down to a heart to heart where Rodrigue apologizes for the big instigating incident of their rift and Felix goes "oh okay cool." Sylvain is no longer a skirt chaser primarly because he's no longer anything, even the knowledge that his brother has been press ganged into helping as a general barely phases him. Ingrid gets to play knight with no obligations to her homeland and is also now not racist. Annette just gets her dad back. It reads like a lazy fix fic in a lot of cases.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Sydin posted:

Regarding AG whoever said one of the biggest problems outside the yikes Edelgard stuff is that the Lions are just boring now is pretty bang on. The writing magically solves all of their hangups and character flaws off screen during the time skip, but rarely if ever replaces them with anything new or interesting. Dimitri calmly and rationally works his way through the web of mystery to obtain his revenge and never even shows a hint of crazy, even when he does have some reason to suspect Edelgard is involved. Felix is now a Duke and his chiding of Dimitri is less petulant and more trying to advise him, and hell if you get him to an A support with his dad they even sit down to a heart to heart where Rodrigue apologizes for the big instigating incident of their rift and Felix goes "oh okay cool." Sylvain is no longer a skirt chaser primarly because he's no longer anything, even the knowledge that his brother has been press ganged into helping as a general barely phases him. Ingrid gets to play knight with no obligations to her homeland and is also now not racist. Annette just gets her dad back. It reads like a lazy fix fic in a lot of cases.

This is absolutely the vibe I've getting as I've been going through AG, and it's a big difference especially from the Black Eagles who have characters like Petra and Hubert that really lean on the conflicts they have with each other. On the Blue Lions' side, even Ashe in his supports and dialogue seems way more upset with Lonato betraying Faerghus and His King than his beloved stepfather being killed by him and his friends

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kanos posted:

It's really funny how much Dimitri sucks considering that his primary opponent is a gigantic empire that, in both games, launches a completely unprovoked(publicly) war of absolute conquest on every other country.

I mean it’s not that shocking, he’s a dude who is not only extremely reactionary politically, but can’t put the well being of his nation before his personal grudges.

Edelgard at least had vision even if the ending is kind of lazy about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

This is absolutely the vibe I've getting as I've been going through AG, and it's a big difference especially from the Black Eagles who have characters like Petra and Hubert that really lean on the conflicts they have with each other. On the Blue Lions' side, even Ashe in his supports and dialogue seems way more upset with Lonato betraying Faerghus and His King than his beloved stepfather being killed by him and his friends

His paralogue in Hopes is really weird because he starts off really upset at Catherine about finding out what she did and by the end is like "Wow Catherine you're so cool I want to be just like you." Which is just :dogstare: