Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

One of the replies to this is, "In all my hours as Chancellor, I have never come across such a chaotic Government!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Kernel Monsoon posted:

I'm living right now for the liason committee taking turns to dunk on Boris over and over.

Darren Jones telling him that Zahawi was going to call for his resignation was extremely funny

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Lol at boris suggesting ‘doing something’ about MPs drinking

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1544709529534959619

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

Flayer posted:

No bloody way, not unless he's physically removed and barred by a mob of Tory MPs.

they will frogmarch him to a podium with a pre-written speech and a gun in his back before they let him dissolve parliament.

i pray he somehow manages it but he wont

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

In the same manner that the heels wait for the face in the car park of the wrestling venue, I hope.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Play it out Boris, drag them all down to hell with you

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Can we be sure that isn't Grant Schapps and three aliases?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

keep punching joe posted:

Are we only counting official children, or including the bastards?

The count of 7 includes all of the bastard's children.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Boris forced to resign on health grounds after accidentally repeatedly getting his head caught in the door to his office

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Yeah he doesn't have the power to dissolve parliament now. Would definitely be a caretaker pm while the Tories eject a new leader.

E: lol I'm leaving that typo

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Rustybear posted:

they will frogmarch him to a podium with a pre-written speech and a gun in his back before they let him dissolve parliament.

i pray he somehow manages it but he wont

The Warriors but instead it's boris travelling across london to get to buckingham palace while everyone else tries to take him to no.10

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Can Johnson remove Zahawi from the chancellorship already. That would be some comedy

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Lid posted:

help i cant stop laughing help

:lol:

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

josh04 posted:

Can we be sure that isn't Grant Schapps and three aliases?

What if all the resignations are just Grant Shapps? :tinfoil:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
chris pincher was also grant schapps

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

That's obviously shady as hell but iirc was the (official) reason for this not that they were pro-Russia, or at least not sufficiently pro-Ukraine in the conflict?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/rowenamason/status/1544709217612857344

*BoJo opens the door*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q-U2THOF00

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
What is this thread doing we can’t let the remainders and wreckers do this to are Boris

https://youtu.be/hWmxeaz6ftE

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

ThomasPaine posted:

That's obviously shady as hell but iirc was the (official) reason for this not that they were pro-Russia, or at least not sufficiently pro-Ukraine in the conflict?
Pretty much the entirety of the left wing parties in Ukraine have been banned over the last number of years, starting in 2015. But thats another whole can of worms.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

ThomasPaine posted:

Yeah there's several leftist parties apparently, but only the Russian-sponsored ones (communist or not, there's a bunch of regional separatist ones *cough*SNP*cough*) got banned.

That bit about SNP is just a joke obvs

e: they also banned some nazbol and fash ones with Russian ties, but in practice the one with the most popular support was a regionalist party

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 6, 2022

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Guardian reporting he's been told there is ministers waiting for him at No.10, to tell him to resign.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/jul/06/boris-johnson-rishi-sunak-sajid-javid-resignations-uk-politics-live-latest

I hope he doesn't go back there and just goes on the run.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Where's that old fella banging on the saucepans when Boris needs him. Bring out yer whack and pans

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

dr_rat posted:

Guardian reporting he's been told there is ministers waiting for him at No.10, to tell him to resign.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/jul/06/boris-johnson-rishi-sunak-sajid-javid-resignations-uk-politics-live-latest

I hope he doesn't go back there and just goes on the run.
I feel like that important spontaneous trip to Ukraine just got even more important!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

boris johnson leading the UK government in exile, consisting of him and nadine dorries, from the US.

E: actually no from Ukraine would be funnier.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Honestly find it a bit difficult to get too excited about any of this. Bojo is just going to be replaced with someone just as bad if not worse. And what's the best case scenario? PM Keith. Lmao.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I also am not really very enthusiastic about it but it is at least mildly funny.

Mighty Steed
Apr 16, 2005
Nice horsey
Another surprise party for Boris in number 10 it seems.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

ThomasPaine posted:

Honestly find it a bit difficult to get too excited about any of this. Bojo is just going to be replaced with someone just as bad if not worse. And what's the best case scenario? PM Keith. Lmao.

oh yeah as soon as this resolves we're all going to be miserable. but i'm pretending to have zero foresight or memory to eek out what joy i can

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/camillahmturner/status/1544711794899419136

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ThomasPaine posted:

Yeah, but Boris being kicked out will make him really sad so gently caress it, just enjoy it while we can.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm not going to miss out on the rare opportunity to be happy while a bunch of tories are miserable, however temporary

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Private Speech posted:

Yeah there's several leftist parties apparently, but only the Russian-sponsored ones (communist or not, there's a bunch of regional separatist ones *cough*SNP*cough*) got banned.
Some of them are dubiously leftist too, more of the "then we rejoin with Putin's Russia and the borders look a bit like the USSR and we sling some symbols up, therefore leftism happens" types.

Of course there's plenty of people happy to throw actual inconvenient leftist parties under the bus along with those ones.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/SophyRidgeSky/status/1544714538637033472

well we had rats deserting a sinking ship, its about time we had the sails gently caress off too

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

ThomasPaine posted:

Nah, best case scenario is PM streeting after Keith is forced to resign due to an FPN from Durham police

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

ThomasPaine posted:

Ehh I disagree. Right now it's actually pretty important that we end up with a Tory who isn't from the culture war end of the party

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
I mean, Johnson being dunked on by his brand new appointees is definitely worth a giggle, despite nothing changing re how hosed we all are

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
honestly you have all these people who were trying to show up to be "i was there to tell him to move on, and do the right thing" but when Priti loving Patel is now one of them they'll have to now disavow her too as "she wasn't part of this"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

please, please have keith get hit by an fpn

nothing politically advantageous will come of it but i just want to see that oval office suffer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Yeah every possible endgame is at best only marginally less poo poo than the current hellscape, even though I'm not *quite* as pessimistic about PM Keith as most here. The way I figure it, Starmer's such a spineless, focus group-loving, poll-obsessed windsock that he might actually be persuaded to do some Good Things if they poll well enough.

Let's just enjoy Boris' impending defenestration and Tory infighting while it lasts.