Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

sinful sexual intercourse out of wedlock!

seriously i didn't remember what Wilcox's views were and thought that might actually be the intended takeaway before looking back and finding pro-choice cartoons recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/GlobeOpinion/status/1542980711803748356?t=hJSVcKgUx1xFVVXJNKnQqQ&s=19

New one from Ward Sutton

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/bilbosfootcomb/status/1544379759429402624

Good ol' Ben Garrison.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

I mean if it's a commission wouldn't it be the commissioner whose off their rocker? If it's a commission that is...

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
That cartoon got posted a while back, it's a comissioned ad for a conservative musical about a college girl who has to decide between dating an actual member of a real life neo-nazi organization and an antifa boogeyman

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Lisa Benson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Clay Jones

Mike Lester

I wonder if there's a spike in search interest for car deaths every day there's a mass shooting.

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Jen Sorensen

Scott Stantis

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: yeah why would women be upset with the original draft of the bill of rights! Stantis can’t really be that loving stupid, right?

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
the Crying Uncle Sam Award for Excellence in Hollow Sentiment

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

That Stantis is seriously the stupidest loving one he’s put out. “God, those whiny women, how dare they be angry they weren’t included as people in the original framers intent!!!!!!”

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

:laffo: yeah why would women be upset with the original draft of the bill of rights! Stantis can’t really be that loving stupid, right?

I mean...

Little black girl knows all about George Washington's beliefs and still wants to be ruled by them

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I could have sworn Danziger had died. Relieved to find out otherwise.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Raised By Birds posted:

Mike Lester

I wonder if there's a spike in search interest for car deaths every day there's a mass shooting.

A good cartoon. Cars are harmful and dangerous, and their design, ownership and usage needs to be limited and strictly controlled. Everyone except dumbfuck Americans, and people who want to be dumbfuck Americans, knows this.

Another good cartoon

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
"How dare these fictional people get so indignant about a document that protects a class of people that owned other people as slaves" says Scott Stanis as he draws this cartoon, oblivious to how he made the people he's trying to ridicule have a good point.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

fool of sound posted:

That cartoon got posted a while back, it's a comissioned ad for a conservative musical about a college girl who has to decide between dating an actual member of a real life neo-nazi organization and an antifa boogeyman

The gently caress? Why can't she just not date either of them?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The gently caress? Why can't she just not date either of them?

Because at that level of conservatism, she's treated more like a stray dog or lost hat.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: But Restoring Abortion Is Hard

Ted Rall posted:

Voting Democratic will not get abortion rights back. Pro-choice advocates will have to do exactly what the pro-life movement did over the course of half a century in order to reverse this devastating loss of women’s rights. Given the fact that there is no organized left-wing movement in the United States, however, the outlook currently looks bleak.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

Gratuitous "hurr don't vote Democratic" thing aside, Ted's not wrong about this.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Gratuitous "hurr don't vote Democratic" thing aside, Ted's not wrong about this.

The point of the cartoon is to get people to not vote Democratic; or participate at all.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Discendo Vox posted:

The point of the cartoon is to get people to not vote Democratic; or participate at all.

No, the point is that the Republicans played the long game and are reaping the rewards, and for the Left to pull off a similar feat would take decades of putting in the same work, the implication of the cartoon being that they don't want to do so because that'd be slow and boring.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

the_steve posted:

No, the point is that the Republicans played the long game and are reaping the rewards, and for the Left to pull off a similar feat would take decades of putting in the same work, the implication of the cartoon being that they don't want to do so because that'd be slow and boring.

And also because a lot of women will die during those decades.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

the_steve posted:

Also it worked because of the huge amounts of billionaire money backing those efforts, which the left does not have.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Ted is literally telling you to "relentlessly work on local races to elect pro-choice politicians".

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Trapezium Dave posted:

Brace yourselves, last time Rall made an okay comic, he followed up with some amazingly lovely takes.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

hooman posted:

Also it worked because of the huge amounts of billionaire money backing those efforts, which the left does not have.

That's because there's no "left" in America worth speaking about.
Liberals and Democratic voters who do have plenty of money, however, did pretty much sit back and wait for the "arc of history" to make everything sunshine and rainbows while the fascists spent decades working the system to get to this point.

It's this year's Good Rall. He's 100% right on this one.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Rall's comic lies twice. Firstly he presents this long-term intimidating strategy as if it's the only option you've got to protect abortion rights "or we can grouse". I don't think that's true, there's leftists and pro-choice organisations talking about other ideas. They mightn't be likely to work, and they mightn't be as grand, but that shouldn't prevent Rall telling you they exist. I'm concerned a person could read this and be intimidated into complete inaction

Secondly he suggests there's no one currently doing what he proposes. He says there's no organised left so it won't happen. There is, he chooses not to mention them. Also they usually run as democrats, who he tells you often not to vote for. Whether he likes them or not, and whether he reckons they're likely to succeed or fail, shouldn't cause Rall to deny they exist, especially as keeping people uninformed works against the strategy Rall says he's all for

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bandaid.friend posted:

Rall's comic lies twice. Firstly he presents this long-term intimidating strategy as if it's the only option you've got to protect abortion rights "or we can grouse". I don't think that's true, there's leftists and pro-choice organisations talking about other ideas. They mightn't be likely to work, and they mightn't be as grand, but that shouldn't prevent Rall telling you they exist. I'm concerned a person could read this and be intimidated into complete inaction

Secondly he suggests there's no one currently doing what he proposes. He says there's no organised left so it won't happen. There is, he chooses not to mention them. Also they usually run as democrats, who he tells you often not to vote for. Whether he likes them or not, and whether he reckons they're likely to succeed or fail, shouldn't cause Rall to deny they exist, especially as keeping people uninformed works against the strategy Rall says he's all for

Ok who is the leftist Federalist Society?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Law School.

Edit: to be a little less snide, there is a plethora of qualified, experienced, impressive candidates with great views on abortion and most other things besides arguably justice reform, and I bet the Dems could find those candidates too if that became a plus to your career and not a detractor.

We don't have to wait 40 years. With 50+1 votes, the Democrats could drastically expand the number of judges at every level - something that has been needed for decades just to handle the workload - and expand the Supreme Court to 13 members to match the number of districts.

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 6, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Tibalt posted:

Law School

Law School produces a lot of libs, yeah.
But we're looking for leftists.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

With 50+1 votes the Democrats could enshrine Roe v Wade into federal law. There have been a dozen executive orders suggested of varying effectiveness and legality that Biden could sign and then spend the next two years defending in court.

The reason Republicans needed a 40 year infiltration strategy is because they're a minority party with unpopular views run by crooks and psychopaths. You don't have to jump through the same hoops to gaslight America into supporting gun control and woman's rights.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

HootTheOwl posted:

Ok who is the leftist Federalist Society?

The American Constitution Society's giving it a go

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

(raises hand excitedly) Oh! Oh! I've got one! I've got a good one! Okay. Okay. A caricature of Boris Johnson in the style of the 'Yes, Minister' opening titles, but it says 'No Ministers' instead. :haw:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hooman posted:

Also because the right can afford to play the long game. There's no urgency in banning abortion because it doesn't actually impact their lives at all.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Was outta town for awhile and didn't see this Horsey bullshit from a few days ago posted. If I have to suffer it then so must others.

His post about it adds some racism to the mix.

quote:

Death is stalking Seattle’s homeless encampments, and the opioid fentanyl is the chief cause.

The number of deaths among the homeless has shot up this year in King County, according to public health officials — 96 in just the first six months. The county attributes 34 of those deaths to fentanyl. Since 2017, the number has increased each year.

It is not hard to figure out why this is happening. What has increased even more dramatically than homeless deaths is production of fentanyl by Mexican drug cartels. The gangsters south of the border have found it much easier to manufacture fentanyl on an industrial scale than to raise poppies or grow marijuana. As a result, the price for fentanyl — or “blue,” as it is called on the street — has plummeted and the drug has flooded up the West Coast and across the country.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Are Mexican cartels even involved with fentanyl? I got the impression that psychoactive drugs sell better.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

So uhhh we occationally talk about Scott "The Dilbert Guy" Adams here, and uh...

Uhhh....

Uhhhh....

https://twitter.com/gayest_tone/status/1544699116353118209

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Longer exchange here.

It...sure is something. How lost can you get inside your own head?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

US Reversing on Human Rights by Cai Meng

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Sephyr posted:

Longer exchange here.

It...sure is something. How lost can you get inside your own head?

:psyboom:
I've got nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Politoons 2022: No help is coming