Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

ThomasPaine posted:

Honestly find it a bit difficult to get too excited about any of this. Bojo is just going to be replaced with someone just as bad if not worse. And what's the best case scenario? PM Keith. Lmao.

I am enjoying watching him have a bad time but that's all

this elicits zero hope in me

Chinese Gordon posted:

Yeah every possible endgame is at best only marginally less poo poo than the current hellscape, even though I'm not *quite* as pessimistic about PM Keith as most here. The way I figure it, Starmer's such a spineless, focus group-loving, poll-obsessed windsock that he might actually be persuaded to do some Good Things if they poll well enough.

Keith is a windsock, for sure, but the wind he responds to isn't what the country wants, it's what the right wing PLP freaks who control him want

And they for sure don't want to do Good Things. They threw an election just to make sure Good Things Never Happen

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Barry Foster posted:

oh don't get me wrong

hope is a lie

always has been always will be

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
yeah it's not the last battle against the forces of evil but if you cant enjoy the tories lining up to kick poo poo out of each other why are you even following uk politics

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/elenicourea/status/1544716109827506177
https://twitter.com/elenicourea/status/1544716668244529153
https://twitter.com/elenicourea/status/1544716248793194497

Let's get ready for the weekend

edit:
https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1544715690237726723

this is the most proxy "we need someone else to pull the trigger because we want none of the blame for this"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is fun for the same reason I enjoyed watching those pillocks drive their car into the sea the other week.

Sometimes it is just fun to watch horrible things happen to people because of their own stupidity.

Or like watching drunk people brawl in a car park or something.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Best possible short term outcome is that the above spinelessness and delay means they can't actually get a new leadership contest underway until after the summer recess.

2 months of a Government payroll consisting solely of Boris, Nadine and Michael Fabricant. Fun times for all.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Barry Foster posted:

I don't care about improved material conditions (hell, I'm not even from the UK). I just want to see a Bangin' VONC On It, every week from here until we are all washed away by rising sea-levels. We could get Ant&Dec to host the live coverage

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Torry Party this weekend: :gooncamp: :btroll: :qqsay:

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

I'm not sure I can see Boris staying on as caretaker if he does have to go. They won't let Rabb have it if he's gonna run for non-interim. Who's left to be caretaker?

*Theresa May's music plays*

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
What if he decides to go from this committee to Chequers instead of No. 10 and they're all there waiting for him to turn up to be stabbed

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1544717942281076736

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

JohnCompany posted:

I'm not sure I can see Boris staying on as caretaker if he does have to go. They won't let Rabb have it if he's gonna run for non-interim. Who's left to be caretaker?

*Theresa May's music plays*

If Boris does actually resign (and he's only going literally on the eve of a VONC he knows he'll lose, IMO) there's absolutely no way he'll stick around as an MP - let alone 'caretaker' PM - for longer than it takes to pre-record a statement and leave via the back door.

Raab will be caretaker before losing in the first round of the leadership contest.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

he'll have speaking tours, opinion columns, and comedy show appearances lined up before the back door has time to close

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Haha, they actually waiting till Monday? Like it's only a couple of days, but oh is the medias going to be brutal.

Hopefully Boris will of managed to find a few new ways to additionally gently caress over the tories before than.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Bojo will go on to become a full-time binbag full of custard

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Chinese Gordon posted:

Yeah every possible endgame is at best only marginally less poo poo than the current hellscape, even though I'm not *quite* as pessimistic about PM Keith as most here. The way I figure it, Starmer's such a spineless, focus group-loving, poll-obsessed windsock that he might actually be persuaded to do some Good Things if they poll well enough.

Let's just enjoy Boris' impending defenestration and Tory infighting while it lasts.
Unfortunately, I think Keir does have actual beliefs and is quite willing to fight for them - from the moment he got in, he took to purging every remnant of the left from the Labour party with a zeal and enthusiasm that's been entirely absent from every other aspect of his political career.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

OwlFancier posted:

boris johnson leading the UK government in exile, consisting of him and nadine dorries, from the US.

E: actually no from Ukraine would be funnier.

https://twitter.com/Politics_co_uk/status/1544722412037627907

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PmEtJX3Els

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

The absolute best part of today has been having the BBC and Guardian live feeds up, and the resignations happening so fast that they can't keep up with them all.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Boris Johnson will never pull out in any situation

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Surely there to desperately plead on his behalf rather than joining the stabbers

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

pumpinglemma posted:

Unfortunately, I think Keir does have actual beliefs and is quite willing to fight for them - from the moment he got in, he took to purging every remnant of the left from the Labour party with a zeal and enthusiasm that's been entirely absent from every other aspect of his political career.

The kind of enthusiasm you only get for keeping courts running 24/7 in order to prosecute people who stole water during the london riots. :unsmigghh:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Tsaedje posted:

Surely there to desperately plead on his behalf rather than joining the stabbers

you are right of course

but luckily theres footage of how funny that is

https://twitter.com/GeorgieProRadio/status/1544723305739026433

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
i know political reporters are craven/part of the machine/etc., but god almighty has there ever been one who's risen so high while being as gormless as peston?
https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1544712075938766849
just constant, helpless surprise at everything that happens

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

Boris Johnson will never pull out in any situation

I remember when Boris lectured the US for pulling out of Afghanistan. Boris Johnson, of all people, lecturing others on leaving untenable situations.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
Sort of want to see Boris walk out in front of Number 10 and announce the resignation of the rest of the cabinet, and then just turn around and walk back inside.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1544721591006859266

:sickos:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn’t mind if he waited until tomorrow to give me a nice birthday present

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
don't do it boris! i believe in you, nail the door shut!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

What sort of absolute turd is crying because Boris Johnson is getting pushed? loving hell.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Apraxin posted:

i know political reporters are craven/part of the machine/etc., but god almighty has there ever been one who's risen so high while being as gormless as peston?
https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1544712075938766849
just constant, helpless surprise at everything that happens

Just cause he looks a bit like Louis Theroux doesn't mean the wide-eyed naive approach to journalism Theroux uses will work as well for Peston.

Theroux uses it to infiltrate Nazis and paedos, whereas Peston is using it to infiltrate the Tory ... Hmmm maybe he's on to something :thunk:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

its always funny when they say "writing on the wall now" no the writings been there forever, you just didnt want to read it

hell the origin of the phrase comes from that there was writing on the wall but they couldn't read it

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Lid posted:

you are right of course

but luckily theres footage of how funny that is

https://twitter.com/GeorgieProRadio/status/1544723305739026433

God sending his silliest soldiers to fight his funniest battles

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

forkboy84 posted:

What sort of absolute turd is crying because Boris Johnson is getting pushed? loving hell.

I mean the type of absolute turd who decided to work for Boris Johnson I guess.
Probably one of his top selection criteria.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

forkboy84 posted:

crying for their own careers surely

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Hahah, the hell?

https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1544722873620758531

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

ThomasPaine posted:

Honestly find it a bit difficult to get too excited about any of this. Bojo is just going to be replaced with someone just as bad if not worse. And what's the best case scenario? PM Keith. Lmao.

It's not the collapse of the entire Empire sure, its just Palpatine being thrown into the reactor by his own people.
When he goes, there will be no Boris shields to deflect any gently caress ups they do.
None of the rest of them can lie for poo poo, and the media will shred them.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Boris traveling to Buckingham Palace request the Queen let him use Hatley Castle.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The 1922 committee haven’t amended the VONC rules, guess they believe he’ll quit.

lol

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

It's people who know they'll never get to work in Downing Street again.
Same thing that happened with Trump's ex-staffers; they're so hated by everyone they had to interact with (because - whether or not they personally are complete shits - their boss indisputably was), no-one wants anything to do with them anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Nadine dorries is doing a full dirge, black veil, hat, chorus of paid mourners, the works.