Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Boris Johnson and his quest for making babies:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Boris Johnson and his quest for making babies:

Shows been so good this season, the fact that it seems to be boiling a lot of racist piss is just a secondary enjoyment

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

He's gonna do it isn't he, the Chaos Reshuffle. And without a chief whip. How deep down past the bottom of the barrel are we going to get? Can he even get enough MPs?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

learnincurve posted:

He's quoting the Iliad and nailing the doors shut.

Perhaps he'd like to nail the door shut with all the ministers who've come to see him still inside, and then set the building on fire. Like some Ancient Greek guy who did that.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Boris has appointed his new Chancellor, Keir Starmer, having run out of conservative MPs. The new Education Secretary Nicola Sturgeon is reported to be furious at the snub.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

The absolute best, most chaotic universe is that Boris sticks it out until next week, the 1922 committee change the rules to allow a second VONC, and then Johnson wins it.

What do they do in that scenario? keep voting until he loses? Put in a proper parliamentary VONC? Pretend everything's okay?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Can he win a VONC a though? Where are the numbers?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

It's incredibly unlikely, he'd need less than about 35 to flip, but it'd be funny.

edit: the BBC have just said 75 MPs have gone from neutral/supportive to publicly opposing him, but it's not clear how many actually voted for him in the last one.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Of course he can't win, and he knows it. He's absolutely going to force them to hold one though.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Under current rules he gets entered into the new leader election, which he might have a chance of winning as lol of course he does

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

BBC liveblog posted:

Our political research unit says a record 14 ministers have resigned in a single day today, more than have ever quit in a single day before.

The previous record was 11 ministers in 1932.

lmao

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Got understandably drowned out in the news today but:
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1544688311712743429?cxt=HHwWioCwxbv16u8qAAAA

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

notaspy posted:

Under current rules he gets entered into the new leader election, which he might have a chance of winning as lol of course he does

No he doesn't. Leaders who are (VO)NCed are barred from standing in the subsequent contest, and if there's one rule that *won't* be changed, it's that one.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Brandon Lewis has gone.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
it's been a whole few hours since a minister resigned, i'm not sure how to feel about this unprecedented period of government stability

e: bwahahaha lol

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

if the party wanted to vonc him they'd have done it today, I have no idea how they expected this to go down. You just told a limpet he has more time to cling on but you'd like him to stop - the limpet will cling, gently caress you, it's a limpet.

All boris heard was "we've chickened out but we'll have a vote about whether to have a vote on monday and then you're finished!!!" and the individual interviews are just round one of his entire life for the next week. I don't know where the numbers are, boris doesn't either, but it should be really obvious to his own cabinet that he has won today massively. The "I dont want to focus on politics" line was one of the most honest things he's ever said.

Angepain posted:

it's been a whole few hours since a minister resigned, i'm not sure how to feel about this unprecedented period of government stability

EvilHawk posted:

Brandon Lewis has gone.

amazing poo poo

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
If he's doing the classics, maybe Clymenestra Carrie will make him a shirt without a head hole and when he's tangled up in it Agamemnon style, invite them in to do him in.

(It is possible I have misremembered the cast of characters in the Ancient Greek classics).

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

minema posted:

Is Chris Bryant a horrible centrist or is he alright?

https://twitter.com/AlanRMacLeod/status/1421613896037720065

https://twitter.com/AlanRMacLeod/status/1421755405420609538

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/EmmaKennedy/status/1544750649853837312

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Gonna be amazing if he causes the Queen to peg out due to the hassle on top of everything else. Just take the whole establishment with him, why not.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/ionewells/status/1544765904570957825

what bluff

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

If he were to break into parliament, maybe with MI5 help, and then steal this thing, and present it to the Queen on his knees, does that have any powers, how does this all work?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Brendan Rodgers posted:

If he were to break into parliament, maybe with MI5 help, and then steal this thing, and present it to the Queen on his knees, does that have any powers, how does this all work?

That would be handing the queen back to herself, which would break reality and suck the Palace of Westminster into the 6th circle of hell. .

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
This isn't how Winston Churchill II was meant to end.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Does Paddington Bear become the new monarch when Elizabeth dies due to their marmalade sandwich tryst?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The new 14881922 committee is due on Monday or Tuesday so presumably if he hasn't hosed off by then they will make him

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

BTW while all this is going on France has just announced they're nationalising EDF Energy.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

happyhippy posted:

This isn't how Winston Churchill II was meant to end.

Oh this is just the dark middle of the character arch, where all odds seems stacked against the hero. Tomorrow morning MPs will scream and scatter across the Parliament greens as a gleeful Boris Johnsson crashes through the wall in a WW1 era tank.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

WhatEvil posted:

BTW while all this is going on France has just announced they're nationalising EDF Energy.

Hell yeah

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

learnincurve posted:

That would be handing the queen back to herself, which would break reality and suck the Palace of Westminster into the 6th circle of hell. .

So you're saying there is still hope.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Chinese Gordon posted:

No he doesn't. Leaders who are (VO)NCed are barred from standing in the subsequent contest, and if there's one rule that *won't* be changed, it's that one.

Fair enough, I type corrected

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Boris has a mandate. A 7 day plan to get the economy firing on all cylinders and get the NHS back to stuff

Do note all the plans seem to be getting shorter so it may become the 7 hour plan within hours.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Answers Me posted:

Gonna be amazing if he causes the Queen to peg

one of the weirder possible outcomes but i think it's still in with a shot

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Brendan Rodgers posted:

That *particular* mace? I guess she could appoint him Prime Minister of Canada? But he's got to get to Ottawa for it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wasn't that long ago Boris was talking about planning for a 3rd term

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

forkboy84 posted:

Wasn't that long ago Boris was talking about planning for a 3rd term

It was literally last week

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Brendan Rodgers posted:

He's like the opposite of those anti-natalists. Every day he just wants to spread his seed, he wants that exponential effect where generations from now when our irradiated descendants are huddling in the polar regions, most of them are his distant offspring, like a poundland Genghis Khan.

Beautifully put.

It makes me wonder, is Boris Johnson my father?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Rust Martialis posted:

That *particular* mace? I guess she could appoint him Prime Minister of Canada? But he's got to get to Ottawa for it.

Wait there are multiple "parliament maces"? Sorry, that's what I searched on google images. What happens if someone collects them all and gives them back to the Queen?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

GOVE SACKED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Gove gone