Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

New Nintendo Switch U DX XL Series Pro, I think we've got it guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

The Switchcube

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they’re gonna call it the Switch Off cos that’s what you’ll do when you see the graphics

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, Switch Off the Dock and into Handheld Mode Where It Runs Even Better and Can Be Played Anywhere (rooftop parties included)!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

2witch

This is a good name because people won't know whether to pronounce it "switch" "zwitch" "twitch" or "two witch," and none of them sound like a new console

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
They’re gonna go the Xbox route and have two systems of differing specs, the Portable Nintendo Entertainment System which largely resembles the current Switch, and the Advanced Nintendo Entertainment System which is a 4K home console.

You can also slide your PNES into an ANES to unlock true power

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they’re gonna call it the Switch Off cos that’s what you’ll do when you see the graphics

Looks like you accidentally "Switch off" your monitor!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Looks like you accidentally "Switch off" your monitor!

gently caress. No!!!!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Ninelevendo Switch

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Nintendo Switch Prime 3: Echoes

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Nintendo Swonch

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

the new nintendo switch 2

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nintendo Switch Panic

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Nintendo Swiitch

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

dr.acula posted:

The Switchcube

if they made a gamecube-themed swoled i'd buy the gently caress outta it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Foul Fowl posted:

it's a shame that it's trash on switch, bloodstained is really drat good.

It’s a terrible port but still playable. I played it again on Xbox because it was on gamepass and was surprised at how much more I liked the exact same game

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

if they made a gamecube-themed swoled i'd buy the gently caress outta it

You can make your own by replacing the joycons with these:

Except don't, because they suck poo poo. But the option is there

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
e)

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 6, 2022

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I mean they already knew the release date from the Xbox event. It didn’t take a brain surgeon to assume it was also coming to the Switch.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I just realized that and deleted my post, as I had made a fool of myself

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

flavor.flv posted:

You can make your own by replacing the joycons with these:

Except don't, because they suck poo poo. But the option is there

They aren't the worst, but boy those buttons take some getting used to... Like the cheapest feeling button you can thing of.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I am pro find a cool shell you like and replace it yourself, they take a couple of hours to do a set and as long as you take your time and follow a YouTube tutorial it's very straightforward. I love my atomic purple joycons with the connected d-pad.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I got some aluminum purple shells and they’re pretty nice and the swap wasn’t too bad

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The lifespan of a typical joycon is too short for me to invest any amount of time or money in.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Swapping the sticks is pretty easy once you know how everything fits together. I could probably do it in five minutes if I had to

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Klonoa is out on the Japanese eshop despite still not being listed in the Amerikkkan shop

You know, if you're a freak like me with a Japanese eshop account and balance to overpay and play games like 12 hours early

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 6, 2022

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my launch joycons are still fine

because I play docked with a Pro Controller 99% of the time

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'd play docked but I'm 100% sure I broke/moved a fan when my switch fell off so I'm not gonna exarcerbate the problem.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

i replaced the shell and sticks on my lite and it was a big pain in the rear end because 1) ribbon cables are annoying 2) my shell was originally missing parts. but it looks like a game boy now

if my sticks start drifting again idk if i'll go to all that trouble tho

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Looks like there's a Game Trial this week for the first Mario + Rabbids game, in case anyone still hasn't bought it for dirt cheap yet (like me).

Also I did an Atomic Red mod for my launch Switch + JoyCons and I love the D-Pad for it, plus it's a good excuse to replace the sticks at the same time. Might have to replace them soon though since the left JoyCon's case is starting to crack around the D-Pad.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
in a surprise move this week, Nintendo has decided to appeal to the terminally online crowd and is calling the new console the Nintendo Switch 69420

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Kevyn posted:

They’re gonna go the Xbox route and have two systems of differing specs, the Portable Nintendo Entertainment System which largely resembles the current Switch, and the Advanced Nintendo Entertainment System which is a 4K home console.

You can also slide your PNES into an ANES to unlock true power

Would you say it's a detachable PNES?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Electromax posted:

If you want a Nintendo Switch pro, I'm right here. I'm good at all the games

Switch pros just make a lot of noise, playing games well seems to be a downside, less moments to meme about.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Nintendo has a history of naming consoles in a way that are incredibly genius and unforgettable, or incredibly stupid and confusing. They are also willing to alienate their userbase for the sake of innovation for no good reason.

Can't wait to see what they end up doing for the next console

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

MorningMoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwmGziglpc

This is the first special edition switch I think looks great.

Moist :allears:

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Its always something different. For the GBA it was the "SP." For the DS it was the "DSi." For the 3DS it was the "NEW 3DS." For the Wii it was the... Wii U? or whatever confusion that caused, which they hopefully learned a lesson from. For the Switch it will be something completely new to Nintendo in terms of naming schemes.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the sworch

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
New Nintendo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ninelevendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
They love following up their massively successful consoles by just adding a word or letter to the old name for the new name. NES became Super NES. Game Boy became Game Boy Advance. DS became 3DS. Wii became Wii U.

It’ll be the Super Switch or Switch Advance or some poo poo.