Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

carry on then posted:

There’s a used car lot with an R350 around here. I didn’t even know there was an R class!

One of the executives at my old job drove an R63 AMG :getin:

Apparently there were only 200 made, I had no idea they were so rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
My Civic LX showed up today. 2 months after getting my name on it. Unfortunately I'm closing on a house now and am not gonna risk that for a base trim Civic that took two god drat months to show up. Time to get my name on another one I guess. This is all so dumb.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

carry on then posted:

There’s a used car lot with an R350 around here. I didn’t even know there was an R class!

I liked those

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Did you guys ever get the X-class in the states?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

fridge corn posted:

Mercedes never brought that one over. We did get the Nissan it shared the platform with though.

Kivi
Aug 1, 2006
I care

fridge corn posted:

No, there's the chicken tax and in the US domestic options are vastly superior than a cheap Nissan with Mercedes badge and leather interior.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

fknlo posted:

My Civic LX showed up today. 2 months after getting my name on it. Unfortunately I'm closing on a house now and am not gonna risk that for a base trim Civic that took two god drat months to show up. Time to get my name on another one I guess. This is all so dumb.

I'm kinda confused how buying a car would risk closing on a house?

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

bull3964 posted:

It probably won't, but taking out a new loan or spending stacks of cash during closing could theoretically upset your mortgage underwriter and could interrupt the process, especially if your finances/credit score are already on the edge.

If your finances are in good order it's not a big risk, but still something I understand not wanting to tempt fate with.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

bull3964 posted:

Sudden new lines of credit.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Guinness posted:

If your finances are in good order it's not a big risk, but still something I understand not wanting to tempt fate with.

This is where I'm at. My finances are in great order, my debt to income is fantastic, and things probably would have been fine. I decided it's not worth tanking the house over.

I tried to see if I could pay them to hold it but that's not happening. They probably have it sold already.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Totally. Prioritize house over car all day every day. There will be more Civics.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Pshh, as the saying goes you can sleep in your car but you can't drive your house :colbert:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Sab669 posted:

Pshh, as the saying goes you can sleep in your car but you can't drive your house :colbert:

The US has an obesity epidemic: can most Americans still really sleep in a Civic?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sab669 posted:

A friend of mine advising another friend who was discussing saving money to have a kid over buying a car came out with: "you can't drift a baby"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

carry on then posted:

They're cheap as hell, even the R500s, which V8 RWD based minivan awesome, but on top of Mercedes running costs, even the v6 gets 16mpg combined because they're so heavy.

the V8 R500 is rated at 12 city/18 highway which is 6.2 raptor/SRT8 Grand Cherokee territory.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Guinness posted:

It probably won't, but taking out a new loan or spending stacks of cash during closing could theoretically upset your mortgage underwriter and could interrupt the process, especially if your finances/credit score are already on the edge.

Full Collapse posted:

Sudden new lines of credit.

If you are closing though isn't your funding is already secured? Checks have been done. It's pretty much just signing of papers at that point.

Unless something changed, I don't really recall anything further being done in 2008 once I had a closing date on my house. The mortgage stuff was already done and guaranteed.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Residency Evil posted:

The US has an obesity epidemic: can most Americans still really sleep in a Civic?

Most Americans? Dunno, but I'm sure the guy who was about to actually buy one could.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

A friend of mine advising another friend who was discussing saving money to have a kid over buying a car came out with: "you can't drift a baby"

He ain't wrong :hmmyes:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

2008 is why these things matter now. Welcome to the future!

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

The funding isn't sorted until you have the money in your account/your estate lawyer's account.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Olympic Mathlete posted:

ive drifted a stroller

edit: the R had incredibly long doors

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

bull3964 posted:

If you are closing though isn't your funding is already secured? Checks have been done. It's pretty much just signing of papers at that point.

Unless something changed, I don't really recall anything further being done in 2008 once I had a closing date on my house. The mortgage stuff was already done and guaranteed.

Your mortgage originator will continue to monitor your credit and bank accounts right up until the day you close and will ask you about any large payments or new lines of credit. I had to write a letter explaining why I charged a 1700 dollar TV a couple of weeks before closing on a 320000 dollar house back in 2011. My wife has a friend that had her mortgage originator pull funding on a condo she was set to close on because she bought a car.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Your mortgage originator will continue to monitor your credit and bank accounts right up until the day you close and will ask you about any large payments or new lines of credit. I had to write a letter explaining why I charged a 1700 dollar TV a couple of weeks before closing on a 320000 dollar house back in 2011. My wife has a friend that had her mortgage originator pull funding on a condo she was set to close on because she bought a car.

We moved a few years back and the person buying our old place bought a car like a week before we were going to close and hosed the whole operation. Ended up selling to someone else.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
When we bought our house the realtor stressed over and over how important it is not to buy a car. They said we would be amazed at how many people buy new cars during closing and it complicates things unnecessarily.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Good news, with house prices and car prices going the way they are, none of us will ever have to worry about it again.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

This is why I held off on a car and motorcycle purchase till after I bought my house.

Bought both within 2 weeks after moving.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Man, I had LITERALLY just started a new job (May) and closed on my house (August) back in 2008 and they didn't even bat an eye.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

ive drifted a stroller

That's a thing you had to buy for the baby though so it doesn't count. You could buy an S chassis to drift a baby in...

So I guess the answer is baby plus driftable? :mmmhmm:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

when I closed I had to fill out a disclosure of any additional debts or lines of credit opened (or even just applied for) since the initial application under penalty of mortgage fraud

the title company guy was pretty clear that if I put anything on that form we would not be closing

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

The US also has a hunger problem. If you're needing to sleep in your car, that sounds like a problem that will resolve itself.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

challenge accepted

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Looks like Rivian just loosened a press restriction on their new R1S. Seems to be an all-electric and more capable Land Rover (although time will tell whether these are more reliable)
https://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/2022-rivian-r1s-review-feels-like-a-throwback-adventure-suv-only-electric

Anyway, I camp quite a bit in my Volvo wagon that's getting a bit old, and like what I see with the R1S's rear cargo capacity, and wish more of these diagrams were available.

Aside from the 4Runner are there any other cars with similar cargo dimensions?

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 7, 2022

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
How do GM SUVs compare? Unfortunately they seem to just give specs in terms of volume.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

fridge corn posted:

We got it here in NZ and I see more of them than I thought I would, but then they were actually priced pretty well given the nicer interior. I live in the city though and all the ones I see are the nice ones, turns out they also did pov-spec cab-chassis versions too, which I have never seen. I can't imagine the reaction in the country if you turned up on your mates farm in one of these:

Bank chat: Govt here introduced legislation to help prevent shady loans to people who couldn't afford it, aimed at loan sharks and dodge finance companies. However, banks decided to take the most extreme interpretation, and have been denying people mortgages if they spend too much money on things like Netflix, UberEats, cafes etc, forcing the govt to amend the legislation. It was utterly ridiculous. Close friends topped up the mortgage to do some renovations, were still well under the loan-to-valuation requirements, but got held up by this dumb poo poo. "Why do you have Netflix AND Disney AND Amazon Prime??" Uhhh cos we've just been through months of lockdown and have a toddler that needs distracting while we both work from home? "Why do you eat out a few times a week?" Uhh because we can afford it? We're still saving money every week over and above mortgage payments AND the extra they'll go up. Banks blamed the govt but it was nothing but puritanical judgment of peoples spending.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

bull3964 posted:

Man, I had LITERALLY just started a new job (May) and closed on my house (August) back in 2008 and they didn't even bat an eye.

2008 tho

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Sab669 posted:

Bet.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Sorry alway prioritize the car why are you even posting on AI? YOU Can’t drive a house!!!!!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Yeah seriously, in 2008 did Americans even need a job to get a 400,000$ mortgage plus another loan for a bro-dozer for Cody and a Land Rover for Destiny?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

BuckyDoneGun posted:

We got it here in NZ and I see more of them than I thought I would, but then they were actually priced pretty well given the nicer interior.

They had to seriously reduce prices to move them so value would have depended on which point you bought one.

Also that interior thing is kind of debatable - they're still pretty grim inside (more Sprinter than C class that's for sure). You could get a whacking great V6 though which never went into the Navara.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

bull3964 posted:

As long as your income didn't change significantly (in the negative) they don't care too much. Cars are an additional debt burden that fucks up their formula for the three months until they sell your loan to another lender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Suicide Watch posted:

Looks like Rivian just loosened a press restriction on their new R1S. Seems to be an all-electric and more capable Land Rover (although time will tell whether these are more reliable)

They'd have to try very hard to have JLR levels of reliability. JLR products were 9 of the top 25 most unreliable SUVs in a survey last year. You could argue because they pretty much only make SUVs they're tilting the scales but knowing people who own them, they're getting services/repairs far more often than anyone else.