Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

a.lo posted:

Something that's always bugged me a little about Final Fantasy VI is that in game we're never told what it was that Celes did to be slated for execution. It would have had to be something serious, given that she's successfully invaded both Maranda and now South Figaro for the Empire, yet there's not even a hint of what it was. You'd think someone would at least mention it, right?

What's more, we already know that the Emperor doesn't just waste his superweapons. That's what Slave Crowns are for.

Maybe she objected to the Emperor's plans, but that seems unlikely given that she's infamous for torching Maranda to conquer it. She did that with nary a complaint, but objects when she's handed South Figaro on a silver platter thanks to the traitor? I don't buy it.

However, there is another possibility. Locke, master spy, has been in South Figaro for a significant amount of time when we start his scenario and he decides it's time to leave. He could have easily forged a letter ordering her death as the final thing he'd do in town before bugging out.

This would explain why Celes is confused enough to go along with Locke's bullshit even as she repeatedly insists that she's an Imperial general - she genuinely has no idea what the hell happened.

That does raise the obvious question of why he saved her after arranging her demise, but that can be explained away by his Tragic Backstory kicking in after he sees her chained up and realizes, "poo poo. The General is an eighteen year old woman. The same age as Rachel. Goddamnit."

Likewise, this explains why he buys Kefka's bullshit about Celes being a double agent in the Magitek Factory despite a complete lack of evidence and Kefka being as reliable as a three dollar coin: he knows she never betrayed the Empire in the first place. Ditto for why Kefka and the Emperor give her the opportunity to prove her loyalty by killing the Returners on the Floating Continent: they would have had the opportunity to discover the forged order by now, so they know her initial betrayal was caused by enemy action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lpzie posted:

OMG odo had sex 😱😱😱😱😱🫠🫠🫠🫠

An anagram of Odo is “doo”

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

There's plenty of time to watch Dune (2021) 89 times until the documentary is released. If you're hoping for 90, start now!

goddamn I wish I could just watch dune forever but I will break for tmreo my big wet boy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Dune? More like Dung

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/BobbyBigWheel/status/1544839175786078208

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

pfc use the cornucopia

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Raw doggin Frida kahlo aubrey plaza ft epic win

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hatebag posted:

Raw doggin Frida kahllo aubrey plaza ft epic win

Looks almost like a twin of Rosa Salazar from Brand New Cherry Flavor

great show

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Hatebag posted:

lmao

Sweet Witness
Jan 13, 2006

I don't even try
Fallen Rib

a.lo posted:

Something that's always bugged me a little about Final Fantasy VI is that in game we're never told what it was that Celes did to be slated for execution. It would have had to be something serious, given that she's successfully invaded both Maranda and now South Figaro for the Empire, yet there's not even a hint of what it was. You'd think someone would at least mention it, right?

What's more, we already know that the Emperor doesn't just waste his superweapons. That's what Slave Crowns are for.

Maybe she objected to the Emperor's plans, but that seems unlikely given that she's infamous for torching Maranda to conquer it. She did that with nary a complaint, but objects when she's handed South Figaro on a silver platter thanks to the traitor? I don't buy it.

However, there is another possibility. Locke, master spy, has been in South Figaro for a significant amount of time when we start his scenario and he decides it's time to leave. He could have easily forged a letter ordering her death as the final thing he'd do in town before bugging out.

This would explain why Celes is confused enough to go along with Locke's bullshit even as she repeatedly insists that she's an Imperial general - she genuinely has no idea what the hell happened.

That does raise the obvious question of why he saved her after arranging her demise, but that can be explained away by his Tragic Backstory kicking in after he sees her chained up and realizes, "poo poo. The General is an eighteen year old woman. The same age as Rachel. Goddamnit."

Likewise, this explains why he buys Kefka's bullshit about Celes being a double agent in the Magitek Factory despite a complete lack of evidence and Kefka being as reliable as a three dollar coin: he knows she never betrayed the Empire in the first place. Ditto for why Kefka and the Emperor give her the opportunity to prove her loyalty by killing the Returners on the Floating Continent: they would have had the opportunity to discover the forged order by now, so they know her initial betrayal was caused by enemy action.

I like this gently caress you

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hatebag posted:

nice buddykins

oh,

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

a.lo posted:

It was just kefka being a dink

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/1544844342363168769

this tweet was highly educational because it made me realize that a.lo has the same kind of taste in movies and video games that plinkey has in food

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKUSAsIVyHg

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

is he running for senate or the house

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

is this axgrap?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What the hell did you people do to page #223 of the thread.

It’s cursed.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

pour out some shine for popcorn

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Imo the problem with the new season of stranger things is that they have a bunch of stories that need to converge at a specific point and the amount of real story they have for each varies so the pacing is all hosed up streaching one out and speeding the other up.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/uPD4QpN.mp4

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Virgil Vox posted:

is this axgrap?

I fuckin WISH

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
im sure there is some weirdo out there who jerks it to hosed up hobbit feet feet folks are strange anyway wouldnt be surprising

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

petit choux posted:

This is fabulous. Is there a thread where people talk about this kind of thing?

not on SA, there is a live sound thread but it's been dead for years. And a lot of the OG soundsystem forums with good info are dying as everything gets moved to facebook or discord or whatever, which really sucks cause you can't search those and they don't lend themselves to the design process.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

jorp might do something dramatic. hes on the edge for sure

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/JAVdottxt/status/1544853281981308931?t=yGK77fk1uDqPuB3dHPDU-w&s=19

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

19 o'clock posted:

*gruntingly*
ueyehhhhhhh!?!

more oil

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
What the gently caress is a guidestone

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

I think it's broadening out to mean Chinese too. Progress!

Mazel tov!

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Hatebag posted:

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

lol

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

CODChimera posted:

jorp might do something dramatic. hes on the edge for sure

like go into another benzo and meat coma?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
We don't talk about trumo

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

al borlandishly: I don't think so, Tim

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Elon doing his bit to fight population collapse

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Lmfao trump thread don't be horny challenge

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
sooner or later we are all going to be related to elon musk

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

I have big muscular calves and at least 3 times in my life people have said in all seriousness "you should make money off of that" and I STILL don't know what they were on about except strange fetish sex work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

BAE OF PIGS posted:

What the gently caress is a guidestone

the Guidestone was an ancient artifact created by members of the long-lost Hiigaran civilization. Smuggled aboard the Khar-Toba, it lay hidden in the sands of Kharak for almost three thousand years until it was discovered by the Kushan, descendents of the Exiled Hiigarans. The stone contained information permitting the Kushan to mount the Exodus to return to their forgotten and beloved homeworld of Hiigara.