Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Someone constantly angry at my house existing would be the ideal neighbor. Free comedy every single time they message you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

no Empyreum HOA is going to tell the Savior of Ishgard what not to put on their lawn

Edit: so my FC is fairly active and we have a ridiculous looking house which we hang out at all the time, during prime time hours there are bound to be 6-12 of us standing on the steps dressed like chickens and showing off whatever stupid mounts we just farmed.

A little FC bought the small house next to us and they had dreams of running some sort of very serious RP venue (it's a very nicely decorated bar inside) that were basically crushed by the crowd of weirdos bringing down the property values of the neighborhood. They hate us and don't respond to any attempt we've made at talking to them and those tweets reminded me of them. And I lol'd

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 7, 2022

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

These types of conflicts are exactly what make the neighborhood setup so essential to the experience, and why Yoshi-P absolutely cannot make housing instanced.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Gruckles posted:

These types of conflicts are exactly what make the neighborhood setup so essential to the experience, and why Yoshi-P absolutely cannot make housing instanced.

just add Trust Neighbourhoods

I don't care if I have to have NPCs sassing me, I'd love an instanced house I don't need to pay a sub to keep.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Oxyclean posted:

just add Trust Neighbourhoods

I don't care if I have to have NPCs sassing me, I'd love an instanced house I don't need to pay a sub to keep.

This is just Animal Lalafell Crossing, so sure, sounds good

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Add an NPC to the Island Paradise that only turns up to complain that you're ruining the island's aesthetic.

He claims to live there too, but you never see evidence of such.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Cleretic posted:

Add an NPC to the Island Paradise that only turns up to complain that you're ruining the island's aesthetic.

he's the garden hermit

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cleretic posted:

Lives at Costa Del Sol when your island is far on the horizon. Claims any changes you make spoil his view.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Note to self - make a Lalafell who goes to FC nightclubs and bars and check their permits to make sure they're up to code.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Now that's a quick way to get a million gil while role playing

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Someone ask that tweeter if the person was named 'Raven' because I think this may be a glorious conquest of my alt-FC who I intend to go hang out with on my main if DC travel unfucks itself.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I have literally had someone come to my RP venue and perform a health and safety inspection.

We discussed how impossible it is to land on an accessible railing height for a venue that's both short enough for lalafel and tall enough for roegadyn.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

couldnt it be a railing with rungs?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Have Zenos be our nosey neighbor

"Why do your weeds yet live??"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Emet-Selch is coming over for dinner and all we have is Archon Loaf!

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
eh he'd be sarcastically disappointed no matter what we served

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speaking of Zenos I just remembered he has coat cape, can we get our own?

Monster Hunter got one and now I want all my characters to have a coat cape.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Depends what exactly you want for the look. Long jacket open at the front has a few options. Just to grab examples from screenshots I already have...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bruceski posted:

Depends what exactly you want for the look. Long jacket open at the front has a few options. Just to grab examples from screenshots I already have...

I'm looking for Yugi Muto or the Admirals from One Piece.

Although those coats are nice what are they?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

not to harp on the billboard thing, but it took me a minute for it to sink in that people were saying the outfit on one of the characters was datamined (it's been a lovely week, let's not get into it)

i can't even really see the outfits via the photo that went around, though i admittedly haven't sat down to tap rapidly on my keyboard and tell it to enhance repeatedly - do we know what the stuff is, and what it's intended for? (cash shop, panda 5-8, treasure map mats, etc?)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The bottom one is the gambler coat dyed so you'd have to pick up a dye pot and do some grinding at the Gold
Saucer if you want to steal that look.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

hexwren posted:

not to harp on the billboard thing, but it took me a minute for it to sink in that people were saying the outfit on one of the characters was datamined (it's been a lovely week, let's not get into it)

i can't even really see the outfits via the photo that went around, though i admittedly haven't sat down to tap rapidly on my keyboard and tell it to enhance repeatedly - do we know what the stuff is, and what it's intended for? (cash shop, panda 5-8, treasure map mats, etc?)

Supposedly one or both of the tops are datamined moonfire faire rewards

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I don't know about Moonfire Faire or nothing but yeah the one on the left was wearing a top that was definitely not in the game yet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hexwren posted:

They are the rewards (unless things change drastically) for Moonfire this year. It isn't 100% confirmed but honestly it basically is.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I think the reason i don't see the big deal about the billboard is because people have rented out Times Square to show fanart of their favourite vtuber on her birthday so nothing really surprises me. Someone renting out a random billboard in Texas seems pretty tame in comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O3i_qgvAxE

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

In terms of legal poo poo, their biggest issue was probably putting the Official Game Logo and also the datamined/modded model on the drat thing.

In terms of weirdness, doing this on some arbitrary highway billboard in Houston, Austin, and somewhere in Cali is somehow weirder than doing it in Times Square or Vegas or some poo poo where it would just be a high roller vanity message, like no doubt many others.

e: Looking at the Times Square thing, the Inanis ad was also less than $700 for 24 1-minute showings apparently. That's remarkably cheap. We could put up an ad there! You'd only need 80 new regs to make your nut.

Nessus fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 7, 2022

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

CJ posted:

I think the reason i don't see the big deal about the billboard is because people have rented out Times Square to show fanart of their favourite vtuber on her birthday so nothing really surprises me. Someone renting out a random billboard in Texas seems pretty tame in comparison.

I mean, that probably cost less money; Times Square billboards actually have fairly short periods, they only needed one timeslot in one place. Yeah, that was still thousands of dollars, but the ballpark figures I remember seeing for that actually did come out to a lot less money than for these.

But also, there's no contract or law saying they shouldn't do the Ina billboard. The FC billboard actually broke multiple parts of the Terms of Service just by existing.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

That and I imagine SE isn't particularly thrilled about an 18+ ERP locale being marketed publicly like that since that can legitimately damage their reputation :v:

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.
There's a very fine line between clever and stupid. If they had hired an artist to do art of their characters, as well as a beach background, and dropped the FF logo, as well as not openly advertised the ERP stuff on their website, this would have been brilliant. The billboard itself would bring in almost no one, but that's not the goal. The goal is to trend on Twitter.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm looking for Yugi Muto or the Admirals from One Piece.

Although those coats are nice what are they?

Ah, I see what you mean. Cloak of Happiness kinda fakes it with a shoulder drape that doesn't go farther down, otherwise I think they like to keep arms free so you're limited to half-skirts and capes.

As for my images the bottom one is the Gambler's jacket from the Gold Saucer and the top is the...Second Nier raid if I remember right? Fending Maiming and Striking all get nice leather jackets with varying sleeve length.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

This person also posted a woe is me I spent 30 million Gil to have an eyesore thread on the ff14 housing forum.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

CobiWann posted:

Note to self - make a Lalafell who goes to FC nightclubs and bars and check their permits to make sure they're up to code.

Well now I need a good glam for a high-vis vest and hard hat.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Dareon posted:

Well now I need a good glam for a high-vis vest and hard hat.

A lot of miner's helmets, or Skyworker's Helmet if you want it on another job.

For the vest... Adventurer's Hooded Vest dyed yellow or orange?

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Bacontotem posted:

This person also posted a woe is me I spent 30 million Gil to have an eyesore thread on the ff14 housing forum.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/667#threads/467291 lol

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

A lot of miner's helmets, or Skyworker's Helmet if you want it on another job.

For the vest... Adventurer's Hooded Vest dyed yellow or orange?
There are a bunch of doublet vests which might work too, eg. https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Vintage_Doublet_Vest or the lower level variants sharing that flap-less model.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
which mounts and minions are OSHA approved

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ALL HW LEGENDARIES DONE

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I thought it said you caught charibert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Twibbit posted:

I thought it said you caught charibert

I would throw him back again tbqh