Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Two more ministers this morning and I actually recognised their names.

https://twitter.com/BrandonLewis/status/1544921034368901122?t=QueyDIA57CnxSLuT5GjWag

https://twitter.com/Helen_Whately/status/1544921576449183745?t=PDOff2fIeVvOFNFdVqyprA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I've got a mental image of those two walking up to the No. 10 letterbox to put their resignation letters in except it's full so they have to sort of jam them in there

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Ummm

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Odd choice I thought initially but the lyrics work very well. The narrator is “taking everyone down” because they “can’t change”. Solid interpretation.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Lol he's really going full constitutional crisis with this. It's going to make the :decorum: heads explode when he tries to get the queen to prorogue parliament again.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
50 ministers resigned now, half century.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Bacon Terrorist posted:

50 ministers resigned now, half century.

half century not out

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
How many ministers are there? Does basically everyone except Fabricant have a brief?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

massive spider posted:

Odd choice I thought initially but the lyrics work very well. The narrator is “taking everyone down” because they “can’t change”. Solid interpretation.

It's also probably a riff off the end of Cruel Intentions where everyone figures out the sociopathic girl's deal and abandons her as that song plays

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Meanwhile, on Breakfast, they yelled at someone from Labour about the Beergate thing

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Assuming Boris does go and/or they call an election that Keir wins (neither are happening) I can't imagine what this party looks like in opposition. Dont feel like going full culture war would be as effective here as it seems to have been in the US but also can't see them purging the nutters and going back to 'strong and stable'

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Another one gone. Pensions Minister. Up to 51

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Is it today Kier will get his fine and resign?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Honestly starting to come round on the idea that there are too many ministers.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Penny Morduant favourite as next PM at 4/1, this century's John Major.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Unsurprising.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

EvilHawk posted:

Is it today Kier will get his fine and resign?

Inshallah

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

#theclapforboris

Apparently Steve Baker is thinking of a leadership bid on a platform of reversing bojos Green policies

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

jiggerypokery posted:

#theclapforboris

Apparently Steve Baker is thinking of a leadership bid on a platform of reversing bojos Green policies

He was nauseating on the Today program today. 'Me, a working class lad from Cornwall, as prime minister? Well, its not something I've ever thought about, but a lot of very serious people are saying I should do it.'

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

peanut- posted:

Honestly starting to come round on the idea that there are too many ministers.

The Minister for Minister Reduction is still in post

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

keep punching joe posted:

How many ministers are there? Does basically everyone except Fabricant have a brief?

Technically only ("only") about 25 of the people resigning are ministers or in the cabinet, the other half are mostly parliamentary private secretaries, which are technically not in the government but have to vote in parliament as if they are

Escobarbarian posted:

Daily Mail are back on his side. Didn’t take long

https://twitter.com/DailyMailUK/status/1544799284733902852

I love them parading round the 14m figure, but then as a numbers nerd I might be assuming that "the uk population is like 60-70 million" is more common knowledge than it actually is

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I really hope we get the launch of Zahawi’s grand plan for the economy today.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Well, the day is young, hopefully it'll be another day of seeing a collection of pedos, landlords, grifters and other criminals laying into each other. Rip yourselves to shreds, you loving tory filth, it's the absolute least you deserve.

As for me I'm gonna make myself a big salad - got some nice roast ham trimmings - enjoy the Girl Tennis and later the Girl Football, and then and only then Go On The Computer and survey the fallout.

alligators

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
i'll give £100 to the goon hardship fund if he lasts the day

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm going to cry laughing when the 1922 committee do all their special rituals to elect a new committee and have a new vote and deliver the verdict to Boris wearing black velvet hoods in accordance with some unwritten law from the 1600s and say the magic oath that forces a prime minister to step down and Boris says 'nah' and flies off for another meeting in Ukraine

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Lol the BBC are saying they literally can't get any one from Number 10 to answer the phone, let alone answer any questions.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

They missed out 'Ar-'

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Perfect Element posted:

Lol the BBC are saying they literally can't get any one from Number 10 to answer the phone, let alone answer any questions.

You now have to fill out a 6 page online questionnaire specifying the details of your question which helps boris to triage the incoming requests

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

This makes sense actually, I inagine they've only got the one between them

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Can we outsource these cabinet roles to agency staff? Get g4s on the phone

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

The Graph is back

https://mobile.twitter.com/timd_IFG/status/1544943849306456064

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Angepain posted:

https://twitter.com/DailyMailUK/status/1544799284733902852

I love them parading round the 14m figure, but then as a numbers nerd I might be assuming that "the uk population is like 60-70 million" is more common knowledge than it actually is

That 60-70 million includes children, unmarried women, men who don't own land, foreign types, communists, unionists, traitors to Britain, and enemies of the people, though. How many Real Britons are there? The type you'd want to allow to vote?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Angepain posted:

Any time anyone says that line I'm just smugly replying "out of an electorate of 47 million, that's not a mandate".

jiggerypokery posted:

#theclapforboris

"Baker has advocated a return to the gold standard and identifies with the Austrian School of Economics."

Well he's got my support.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

My prediction is Boris will have a spy inside the 1922 committee text him the names of the new committee members as they are voted in, and all he has to do is remove their whips. They'll no longer be able to take part in the committee on account of no longer being Tories.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Angepain posted:

The Graph is back
Hahaha, even though the data was update only 20 minute ago, already out of date.

Also in the comments, "Gove is not included as he was fired and did not resign".

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Thanks George

https://twitter.com/george_osborne/status/1544948887412154369?s=21&t=RR6sRMw5f4ee5Cqh-lsUyg

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

lmao

Like I said, he'll be out the back door with a pre recorded statement and never even return to Parliament, let alone number 10.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

The gently caress counts as boris' green policies? Still reluctantly acknowledging that plants exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

It's important to remember that a good chunk of the rebellion is the frothing fash wing, who don't think Boris is sufficiently cruel.