Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Its maybe so he can say he lasted longer than May?

HE HAS NO MINISTERS

What's the government going to do for these months? Literally there is no cabinet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Lol if he's actually going to try and stay in for another few months with literally no one in his cabinet.
On the plus side, not having any Tories making awful ministerial decisions for a few months can only be to the overall benefit of the country.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lid posted:

HE HAS NO MINISTERS

What's the government going to do for these months? Literally there is no cabinet.

I mean in fairness, the government does go on holiday over the summer anyway

and you cannot deny that a government that can't govern is probably an improvement.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Well hopefully this shall be a glorious trainwreck:

quote:

Downing Street has issued a statement saying: “The prime minister will make a statement to the country today.” Boris Johnson is expected to deliver it from No 10 before lunchtime.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Not sure if posted here yet but https://twitter.com/FeeHorne/status/1544789100678578178

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Needs that time to steal everything that isn't nailed down.
That £18k wallpaper is being pulled down too.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

...by calling the queen and asking her to dissolve parliament. Syke fuckers!

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

It was a fantastic year for Britain.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
the whiplash from the immediate reversal to boris hero of brexit yes he was a cheeky chap but he got the big calls right is going to be unreal. possibly by 5pm today

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Now that it's actually happening i still don't believe it's going to happen.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

meet the new boss

same as the old boss

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

meanwhile

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1544676737103151105

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Rustybear posted:

the whiplash from the immediate reversal to boris hero of brexit yes he was a cheeky chap but he got the big calls right is going to be unreal. possibly by 5pm today

Telegraph hacks all furiously bashing out identical columns to that effect as we speak.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
What big calls did he get right

I can't think of any

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

happyhippy posted:

Needs that time to steal everything that isn't nailed down.
That £18k wallpaper is being pulled down too.

Jo Wylie was reading out what-are-you-doing-tonight messages on Radio 2 last night and completely deadpanned “message in from Carrie, she’s busy steaming off wallpaper tonight. Well done to you”. Very unclear if she got it or not.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

new prime minister joris bonson, definitely not the old prime minister wearing a bigger rug.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
They're currently trying to get him outside in front of the cameras with a lure of jazz mags and a pint of brandy.

Looking forward to a big day of politicians falling over themselves to tell us how much they always secretly hated Boris

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

LEDGERND

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Someone please make sure Larry the cat is okay.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Confusedslight posted:

Now that it's actually happening i still don't believe it's going to happen.

Is it happening though? He's still PM. He's just... a PM who exists but with no cabinet or party.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

and you cannot deny that a government that can't govern is probably an improvement.
I always used to think that "that government is best which governs least" was some classical liberal poo poo, then I found out that, as is often the case, it was coined by anarchists regarding civil disobedience, now I'm thinking it might apply specifically to Johnson.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

This "Will resign but wants to stay on for several months after" is amusing.

The classic Australian method is just for people to turn on the 6pm news and find out that the country unexpectedly has a new PM.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I can't think of any

finally resigning

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Johnson is going to "resign" and then stay on as PM and spend the next 3 months trying to finagle a way out of the resignation.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

So passe Boris Johnson, the one man to mix up his wig with his merkin.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
HA

HA HA

HA HA HA

what on earth is going on

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Boris Johnson is a Little Britain character who somehow escaped into our world and you can’t convince me otherwise.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
queen sent in the heavies imo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Convex posted:

HA

HA HA

HA HA HA

what on earth is going on

The Boris Johnson Farewell Tour 2022.
Get your tickets now.
He wants to be thought of Churchill V2.0, by god, he will be cosplaying him for the next few months.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jul 7, 2022

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Now for starmer to get beergated and resign and we can have concurrent leadership elections.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I don't remember any other PM hanging around after they were ousted? Thatcher, Blair, Cameron, May all hosed off pretty sharpish didn't they?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Flayer posted:

Johnson is going to "resign" and then stay on as PM and spend the next 3 months trying to finagle a way out of the resignation.

E: resignation was already posted

quote:

Boris Johnson has agreed to resign, but wants to stay on as PM until new Tory leader elected by autumn

Boris Johnson has agreed to resign, the BBC’s Chris Mason reports. He says he wants a new Tory leader to be in place by the party conference. He wants to stay on as PM until then.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

keep punching joe posted:

I don't remember any other PM hanging around after they were ousted? Thatcher, Blair, Cameron, May all hosed off pretty sharpish didn't they?
Yeah, it's something you do in opposition. Typical Johnson clown show to cling on like this as PM.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

keep punching joe posted:

Yeah, but they all had at least a modicum of self-awareness and dignity. Boris has nothing except a lifelong desire to be Big Dog for as long as possible and gently caress everyone else forever.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

What’s the primary source he’s resigned and the exact wording? I’m hearing that hes bargaining plans to hold out till October to officially announce his resignation at the conference. So, still grifting.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

massive spider posted:

What’s the primary source he’s resigned and the exact wording? I’m hearing that hes bargaining plans to hold out till October to officially announce his resignation at the conference. So, still grifting.

"The BBC has been told" that's it

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

massive spider posted:

The BBC have been told and Downing Street have said he will make an announcement just before lunchtime.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1544959990846427136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I can't think of any
he Got Brexit Done, and though he knew that it would be a difficult transition for Britain, he also knew it was a necessary one for the good of the country, so he bravely jumped on the grenade of blame to ensure a brighter and more prosperous future for us all!!