Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
i don't think he's actually resigned, someone put out a statement that he's going to later and he's still negotiating the when while simultaneously stocking up a cabinet on the basis of being a caretaker pm

once he's got a semblance of a cabinet he will 100% water the terms of his resignation down again, what an absolute car crash

(go boris go!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I’m working right near central London and my lunch breaks at one I’m really tempted to go down and see what’s being played.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

God the chicken coup was funny.

Remember how his opponent bragged about beating off a hundred men to win the affections of his wife.

Only narrowly beating the other highlights:

pretending not to know what a cappuccino was because he was so working class

and

Trying to open negotiations with ISIS.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
there is a non zero chance that when he pivots again we have to see a second round of resignations, what a country

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

He kept hearing about rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic and figured if it was such a popular phrase it must be a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2WH8mHJnhM

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

JoylessJester posted:

Only narrowly beating the other highlights:

pretending not to know what a cappuccino was because he was so working class

and

Trying to open negotiations with ISIS.

Don’t forget claiming to have a 29” penis

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Names are coming through now for this replacement cabinet. Is he going to replace Zahawi too :allears:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/rhysrmann/status/1544977697352417280

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Noxville posted:

Don’t forget claiming to have a 29” penis

Which Bad Dragon model is that?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I don't think I've ever heard of Braverman before yesterday, why is everyone constantly dunking on her 24/7

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Howdy y'all, young liberals here. :clint:

:bighow:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I really hope Boris gets to have at least one meeting of the Cabinet of the Damned.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

I don't think I've ever heard of Braverman before yesterday, why is everyone constantly dunking on her 24/7

She's been doing the press rounds yesterday and today saying that she's running for the leadership while simultaneously refusing to resign from government.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

EvilHawk posted:

She's said some reallllllllly dumb things on Question Time.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/may/14/attorney-generals-office-worthy-of-respect-suella-the-stooge-disgraces-it

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
she's Boris's sidney powell if you know that is. hopelessly out of her depth and just wildly spinning. the shambles with the NI protocol dispute is mostly at her doorstep

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

EvilHawk posted:

She's the govt's Big Lawyer whose only actions since taking the role have been saying 'This is completely legal', despite a bunch of judges/lawyers who actually know what they're taking about disagreeing, about things that are obviously super illegal.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Lol

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1544993604325761025?t=q479JJVUbjGBAI9Zly_OvQ&s=19

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
12:30pm for the big boris blusterfest

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Aphex- posted:

we can only hope boris goes the way of low tax

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Convex posted:

12:30pm for the big boris blusterfest
He's always late for these things and he's not going to resign

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

With Johnson possibly going we can finally find out if it can get worse. What interesting times we live in.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Call an election, loving do it.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Replace all instances of "resign from" with "reaffirm my commitment to", easy peasy

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

He's appointing the nWo to the cabinet to kill his creation

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
he's holding a cabinet meeting

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Lol do ittttt

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
"I... Uh... I uh am uh resigned to my fate..... And that is.... To really deliver brexit to the people of this country! I will not rest until it is uhm done, and like sisyphus said to the rock, well uhm you are mighty big but we will erm get the old job done"

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
I'm really worried about what comes next. Boris has no personal morals, but that meant willing to compromise conservative principles for popularity, see furlough, accepting public debt etc. If Steve Baker or Rees Mogg were in charge during the pandemic, we would just have gone through austerity 2: Revenge of Thatcher. Theres a non-zero chance we'll end up worse off from this.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Resign? No, no, I'm RE-SIGNING my name as Prime Minister.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Flayer posted:

He's always late for these things and he's not going to resign

Three month late for the press conference you say.

It would be great if he just keeps on trying to delay it by saying he's not finished his speech yet. It would be such an utterly pathetic boris thing to do.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Remember the golden rule, Boris: don't back down, double down. Don't back down, DOUBLE DOWN.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Miftan posted:

She's the govt's Big Lawyer whose only actions since taking the role have been saying 'This is completely legal', despite a bunch of judges/lawyers who actually know what they're taking about disagreeing, about things that are obviously super illegal.

She also said trans people being protected by the Equality Act was really inconvenient

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Weasling Weasel posted:

I'm really worried about what comes next. Boris has no personal morals, but that meant willing to compromise conservative principles for popularity, see furlough, accepting public debt etc. If Steve Baker or Rees Mogg were in charge during the pandemic, we would just have gone through austerity 2: Revenge of Thatcher. Theres a non-zero chance we'll end up worse off from this.

This does seem to be the modern spiral, if Australia is anything to go by. An electable bastard gets the cunts into power, and then it's a revolving door of knifings until the bastard at the helm is so awful the lovely Labour Party squeaks into power.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Weasling Weasel posted:

It's always the case with every new Tory leadership; an endless parade of monsters.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Weasling Weasel posted:

I said earlier in the thread, things will be poo poo, but now there will be no Boris deflector shield that kept him and the party from blame.
It will be back to the good old days where leaks and back stabbing was the norm for the tory party.
Only with now Boris at the side lines shouting like Trump how he would have been better.

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man - and give some back.

Weasling Weasel posted:

He'll spend the next 3 months doing what they always do. Try to enrich himself as much as possible.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

EvilHawk posted:

She is the absolute epitome of Lawful Evil. Like you do with all good tories, I’ve lost count of the number of reasons to hate her.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1544985952216653824?s=20&t=W4cy_Prt7a9eqgYAWe39Ew

Giving money to your mates for doing nothing - a tory classic.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

EvilHawk posted:

she was the most qualified lawyer they could find who would agree to put forward Priti Patel's mustache twirling policies as Attorny General. She's got about an A-Level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/rhysrmann/status/1544961907752304640?t=SOrm9l6lr9zbI5vdTOzBtw&s=19