Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Fionordequester posted:

She saved Starlight from Black Noir forcing her into a ridiculously revealing outfit. She also planted bugs in the Seven headquarters, after Homelander tricked her into having sex with Black Noir (she and Homelander were dating, the lights were off, and Noir literally had the exact same build as Homelander).

Jesus, that link. Who the hell reads that slowly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
my uncle works at the boys and he told me that homelander is trans and that's the big reveal tomorrow

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

tokin opposition posted:

my uncle works at the boys and he told me that homelander is trans and that's the big reveal tomorrow

Dang, sad to hear this show is getting political now :(

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

more like wokelander

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

It would be a bit of a burden for the OP moderator, but links in the first thread post for S3E01 DISCUSSION BEGINS HERE, S3E02 DISCUSSION BEGINS HERE, etc would help navigate the thread.

Alternatively, just figure out the air dates of episodes and don't skip ahead too many pages if you're concerned about being spoiled ya c***s.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

MadJackal posted:

It would be a bit of a burden for the OP moderator, but links in the first thread post for S3E01 DISCUSSION BEGINS HERE, S3E02 DISCUSSION BEGINS HERE, etc would help navigate the thread.

Alternatively, just figure out the air dates of episodes and don't skip ahead too many pages if you're concerned about being spoiled ya c***s.

if you're reading through the thread it's pretty obvious when a new episode is going to be discussed

there's always a string of posts like "the episode is up early!" "wow, crazy it's so early" "they always go up early"

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
It literally airs 1 episode at a time, just watch the it then post!!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

At this point I think the amount of people mad about a handful of people willingly using spoilers over the past few pages have vastly eclipsed the amount of people who've ever asked others to use spoiler tags.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I’m so sorry I made fun of the person using spoiler tags.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Nuebot posted:

At this point I think the amount of people mad about a handful of people willingly using spoilers over the past few pages have vastly eclipsed the amount of people who've ever asked others to use spoiler tags.

lol at ever being mad at people using spoiler tags

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I don’t actually mean that poster harm. I was just trying to make a point about how people on the internet always post like this when they could just do the whole rest of the post. What, you think I’m gonna try to navigate around the spoiler to get your point? Who are you, Gene Siskel?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I went back because I didn't remember any angry people and I'm shocked that I forgot these horrible violences committed against people just for spoiler tagging things

Fionordequester posted:

Was gonna reply, but first, is there a reason for the spoiler tags? I can't think of anything that would be particularly spoilery about what you said.

Not a criticism--just wanted to be careful how I replied, just in case there's something I'm missing.

Xiahou Dun posted:

This is the absolute silliest bullshit. It's been a week.

That DICK! posted:

i'm still mad at the poster who spoiled the reveal that the heroes turn homelander into a powerless kitty cat in the end of the comic series. you see friend most people read things left to right and unless you give them some indication they're reading a comic spoiler they wont know until they've read it. homelander, as far as i know, does not turn into a kitty cat, i was merely making a point

can't believe these posters haven't been permabanned yet

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

MadJackal posted:

This is what I do when I'm catching up on something.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

I’m so sorry I made fun of the person using spoiler tags.

Oh so look who comes CRAWLING back, eh?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

TIP posted:

I went back because I didn't remember any angry people and I'm shocked that I forgot these horrible violences committed against people just for spoiler tagging things

can't believe these posters haven't been permabanned yet

In fairness in one of my follow up spoilers I said I was going to end someone.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
At this point, the spoiler tag has graduated to a legitimate form of punctuation, serving the same needs as underlining, bold text, italics, etc. Yes, I hope that does enrage you.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Spacebump posted:

lol at ever being mad at people using spoiler tags

Using? no. Demanding? Yes.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
My two cents:

I feel like spoiler tags are just basic respect for other people, and a super easy thing to implement. Honestly this thread should have been harsher about censoring comic book spoilers -- Preacher, for instance, proved that even though a lot of Ellis's comic material was elided, some of it was still implemented regardless. Honestly, we have no idea what they'll take or not take from the comics, and neither do they, and even though it might seem like they've diverged from certain material or straight up won't be adapting it, it doesn't stop them from changing their minds or contriving some reason to go back to the source material in some way, shape or form.

Beyond which, goons are famously inconsistent with what they think counts as a spoiler, clearly tagging spoiler material as relating to older episodes, just aired episodes, speculation or source material, and so stuff just slips through. Several goons have noted that this has happened to them.

I'm making no demands, and I have no expectation that this will change. But, I think, if I'd seen tomorrow's episode already and just posted untagged or poorly tagged spoilers for the episode right in the thread, a lot of people would be very mad. Some people would be fine, I know I certainly wouldn't care if I were in their position, but others would feel like their opportunity to discover something "the way it was intended" had been robbed of them. And maybe that's dumb, I dunno, but a lot of respect is just about protecting people's dumb feelings.

Collateral posted:

Using? no. Demanding? Yes.

No one has demanded anything be spoiler tagged.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I simply would not post in a thread discussing things I've not yet seen if I didn't want to be spoiled

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Can I ask how many hours there is until this show is broadcasted in the States? It is today, isn't it?

I know it doesn't come out in the UK until Friday, but I don't know what time. Last Friday I made the mistake of reflexively going on YouTube to be blasted by some oval office who obviously needed to be the first to post the major spoiler for it in the loving title.

I'd just like to know what time I have to turn the internet off today, thanks :)

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Durzel posted:

Can I ask how many hours there is until this show is broadcasted in the States? It is today, isn't it?

I know it doesn't come out in the UK until Friday, but I don't know what time. Last Friday I made the mistake of reflexively going on YouTube to be blasted by some oval office who obviously needed to be the first to post the major spoiler for it in the loving title.

I'd just like to know what time I have to turn the internet off today, thanks :)

It's released at midnight UTC I believe which, at time of this post, is 13 hours 8 minutes away.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

It's released at midnight UTC I believe which, at time of this post, is 13 hours 8 minutes away.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
The thing I'm looking forward to most about this finale is being able to stop reading this thread. Sure, I know I can do that right now but it's hard to not watch at a train wreck.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Which of these scenes actually happened

A)Fish loving

B)a supe doing an honest to god fatality on another supe

C)Dildo massacre

D)Extreme taint close up

E)comedy monster jizz

An octopus is a mollusc

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
If it lives in the ocean, it's a fish. It may be a mollusk or a mammal or a reptile, but if it lives in the ocean it's a fish. That's just science.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Robobot posted:

If it lives in the ocean, it's a fish. It may be a mollusk or a mammal or a reptile, but if it lives in the ocean it's a fish. That's just scienceCatholicism.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Look, do you wanna be able to eat duck during lent? Then ducks are fish.

It’s brilliant in its simplicity.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Xiahou Dun posted:

We also supposed to not spoil The Epic of Gilgamesh?

Yeah cuz I haven't read it yet :colbert:

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010
Calling it now, Frenchie is going to bite it to the Russian neurotoxin. Something will go down with it at least but hopefully it makes an impact with all the focus they have put on it.

This is a speculation and not a spoiler.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

afroserty posted:

Calling it now, Frenchie is going to bite it to the Russian neurotoxin. Something will go down with it at least but hopefully it makes an impact with all the focus they have put on it.

This is a speculation and not a spoiler.

dumb prediction time: Frenchie gets neurotoxx'd, MM stupidly goes for the fight with soldier boy, hughie's brains melt and butcher goes missing after another fight with homelander. Cliffhanger ending with a big mystery over whether or not injecting everyone with V can save them, leading to the next season having a fully super powered boys like in the comics.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

whatever happens tonight i just want u to know

i love this thread

Prowler
May 24, 2004

There was a TON of backstory this episode, but they handled it in a creative and entertaining way. Instead of simply flashbacks with Noir, we have an animated presentation. Instead of just flashbacks to Butcher's abusive childhood, the flashbacks are framed to show how exactly he became the person he hated most. Sure, mirroring words/actions with someone in the past to show their influence is a bit cliché, but here it was done really well.

The one thing that I wish we saw more of is the real world's reaction to a lot of what's going on. A lot of it is rapid-fire, is focused on named characters (e.g. MM), or is mostly background (e.g. snippets of social media and the news). A bit more slice-of-life stuff, like the scene with Homelander endorsing the presidential candidate (which I'm sure will be important next season).

Ultimately, what's keeping me entertained in this show isn't necessarily the story, but the characters. They're well written and acted, and credit to the cast for carrying even the most boring/pointless/fluffy stuff (e.g., in my opinion, the Frenchie subplot).

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/VoughtIntl/status/1545068038621478912

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Prowler posted:

There was a TON of backstory this episode, but they handled it in a creative and entertaining way. Instead of simply flashbacks with Noir, we have an animated presentation. Instead of just flashbacks to Butcher's abusive childhood, the flashbacks are framed to show how exactly he became the person he hated most. Sure, mirroring words/actions with someone in the past to show their influence is a bit cliché, but here it was done really well.

The one thing that I wish we saw more of is the real world's reaction to a lot of what's going on. A lot of it is rapid-fire, is focused on named characters (e.g. MM), or is mostly background (e.g. snippets of social media and the news). A bit more slice-of-life stuff, like the scene with Homelander endorsing the presidential candidate (which I'm sure will be important next season).

Ultimately, what's keeping me entertained in this show isn't necessarily the story, but the characters. They're well written and acted, and credit to the cast for carrying even the most boring/pointless/fluffy stuff (e.g., in my opinion, the Frenchie subplot).

Wanna see Homelander "run" for president by threatening both political parties into supporting him and running unopposed.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

did i develop the super power of pre-cognition ( :monocle: ) or did they just have that same clip in an episode recently?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
What time does the new episode drop? Midnight British time, right?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Mr Interweb posted:

did i develop the super power of pre-cognition ( :monocle: ) or did they just have that same clip in an episode recently?

It's a clip from an earlier episode.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
wow Black Noir can time travel and Homelander is also Soldier Boy's dad? Can't wait for season 4

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

well I guess they gave the ackles fans what they want with that soldier boy/homelander/stormfront threesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yeah RIP

https://twitter.com/VoughtIntl/status/1545128974543642624?s=20&t=284ikTpQcFVcj0zlrRNfgw