Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
I've had Nexplannon for almost two years. Less nasty side effects then a normal pill for me and I do love the convenience (oh my God I don't have to remember anything!). It hasn't tanked my sex drive like the standard pill did or cause breakouts or anything

But, and I had this with the mini pill so it might just be me and progesterone only birth control, I get two periods back to back. So it's like, a period, stop a week, a period, stop two weeks, start over.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to switch to a IUD after the 3 year mark with my Nexplannon though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

As a much-lesser-known alternative I've been using a nuvaring for a few months - since it was my first time dipping my toe into hormonal birth control I didn't want to commit to something that would go in me for years, but I also didn't want to have to actually remember stuff.

It's been a pretty good compromise - you leave it in for three weeks at a time and then out for one week, or if you want to skip period just leave it in the full four weeks and replace it immediately. This increases the risk of random spotting/bleeding though it seems like so is only for doing occasionally rather than every time.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Only menstruation adjacent but I've been trying to get a tubal ligation and my family doctor is on board but Jesus christ is it a challenge to even get a single appointment with a gynecologist right now. I thought I had a gynecologist who was 'mine' but then when I tried to book an appointment with her, the hospital was like 'no your prior concern is managed now so you have to start over as a new patient? And we're not accepting new patients.' so now my doctor and I are running around the city trying to get any other gyno to respond to our emails

i just wanna be sterile

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 11, 2022

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
I knew it had felt like tampons had gotten pricier and that I was struggling to find certain ones. Its part of why I started trying cups. I honestly thought it was because of my tiny little town, not a national issue

Tampon Shortage

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Listening to a Metroid podcast and they're at the part where the Metroid baby sacrifices itself to save Samus and I'm all teared up, gently caress you incoming period

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I placed my cup and came back with a handful of blood and boy do I feel like I just sank the winning shot with one second left on overtime

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
why are menstrual migraines so much worse than the other migraines I get :negative:

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

My actual period cramps haven't been too bad since I had my kid a few years ago, but the ovulation cramps have been ramping up in intensity ever since to the point that they have overtaken period cramps for pain. Nothing that a heating pad won't treat, but I don't know, it seems weird that the ovulation cramps are the strong one now.

PMS also exhausts me in the past year way more than it used to. I'll get up from a full night's sleep, drink a pot of coffee, and then go down for a nap immediately if someone else can watch the kid. My boy notices and every now and again he goes "Mama are you going to be tired this week?" because it means he gets to watch TV cause I'm too tired to take him anywhere or do anything with him.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Weird new pre-period symptoms: Weird muscle twitches all over, doesn't hurt, just irritating.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 15, 2022

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
So my last period was like 4 days late, now its 5 days early. Less than 28 days between cycles rofl what the gently caress

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
My week so far.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

MACAW.AVI posted:

My week so far.

Relating super hard. Was feeling ultra down about my art and poo poo for a few days and then flo came early and it was like... oh yeah drat

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I don’t think people hate me when it’s coming on but by god I think everyone is doing their best to annoy the poo poo out of me.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

This was posted on the local facebook, I wanted to chime in with "I think those're just period symptoms..." but then a load of blokes would chime in.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Got an iud put in today, mirena. It hurt and now i have what feels like moderately bad menstrual cramps. I guess this can potentially go on for several months. I think it was the right choice for me but it still kinda sucks. Anyway if I'm one of the lucky ones i won't have periods after a while.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Take ibuprofen on a dosing schedule for the next day, it really will help. Don't wait for the cramping or pain to return before taking more, just take it on time and I swear it will chill out.

(take it with a snack, we're not trying to give ourselves ulcers here)

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Powerful Katrinka posted:

An ants invasion? I was going to complain that my period is weirdly thin and watery, but now I'm more concerned for you

Menstruating ants would be one gently caress of a Grimms curse. Nah, we just had a shitstorm of ants and couldn't find where they were coming from.

Period is coming. And I know because the dumbest poo poo makes me cry like a bitch. Remember that Disney movie Treasure Planet? Watching the same clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqX0CcEv6zE) and the part where Morph starts bawling has me sobbing nonstop. He just sounds and looks SO SAD and his mouth opens like his heart is falling out.

Everything else in the scene is sad too, but the part where Morph starts with the cry sound rips my loving heart to bits.

loving periods.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 24, 2022

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dixville posted:

Got an iud put in today, mirena. It hurt and now i have what feels like moderately bad menstrual cramps. I guess this can potentially go on for several months. I think it was the right choice for me but it still kinda sucks. Anyway if I'm one of the lucky ones i won't have periods after a while.

I have a Mirena and the bleeding part did stop for about two years, it's slowly coming back now. the mood swings and back pain were still around though. The no blood thing made me a bit :tinfoil: because I wasn't sure if anything made it past the goalie.

Agree with the ibuprofen dosing schedule, mine hurt like hell at first but it settled down after a couple days, feel better soon! :sympathy:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My period has been threatening to start for days now, could it please arrive so I can sleep again

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
Goddammit. Have had cramps for the past week. Went out to dinner without inserting my disc or taking an emergency pad. Dipped into the bathroom to pee…

…surprise. At least I was only a few blocks away from home.

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

Menstruating ants would be one gently caress of a Grimms curse. Nah, we just had a shitstorm of ants and couldn't find where they were coming from.

Period is coming. And I know because the dumbest poo poo makes me cry like a bitch. Remember that Disney movie Treasure Planet? Watching the same clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqX0CcEv6zE) and the part where Morph starts bawling has me sobbing nonstop. He just sounds and looks SO SAD and his mouth opens like his heart is falling out.

Everything else in the scene is sad too, but the part where Morph starts with the cry sound rips my loving heart to bits.

loving periods.

Last week I started sobbing about A Boy and His Frog
I wasn't listening to it; I can't remember the last time I did.

No, I remembered the song existed and then I couldn't stop crying and dreading anyone coming by and then asking why I was crying and then having the whole conversation where they start out sympathetic until they hear the Kermit voice and I start trying to explain, "Well, no, it's not officially Kermit the Frog it's a really good impression, but it is supposed to be from his point of view, and it is actually a super sad song, no, really!"

Anyway, hell yeah Treasure Planet

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I have been spotting all month. Like, the faint brown sometimes red spotting that's usually a normal part of the cycle (or at least mine), except this time it's been happening every other day. Just yesterday it was also accompanied by about five minutes of intensely painful cramps. C'mon body this is the worst possible time to try to murder me :mad:

I've been suspecting for a while I've got endo but I've lapsed on insurance and thus am not in a good spot to get that checked out, plus I keep talking myself out of the idea . "Oh, it hurts, but it's never been disabling pain!* Maybe I'm the mythical Faker Who Exaggerates Symptoms and shouldn't take time away with people with real issues! Also I wouldn't be able to afford a laparoscopy so they might not even be able to diagnose much less treat it." It's ridiculous because I wouldn't minimize anyone else's pain and would believe them when they say they think they have XYZ, but when it's myself I just instantly feel like I'm a liar.

(* Apart from that time in middle school where it was so painful I couldn't even stand up, but nothing that bad has happened since then so I consider it an outlier.)

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
That loving sucks, I'm sorry. WE know you're not lying or exaggerating about the pain and severity, if that means anything. Blessings and Midol to you, and the hope that you'll find a good gyno, like you deserve

I'm in a lot of pain today myself, I even took the day off. Also for the period shits and just amount of blood I know I'm going to lose today, it's embarrassing to have to keep going to the bathroom

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Turns out a spot of Lexapro during my pre menstrual time does wonders for my mental health.

Perfectly happy to have store bought chemicals help if I'm not producing enough naturally.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

cool kids inc. posted:

Perfectly happy to have store bought chemicals help if I'm not producing enough naturally.

Some version of this phrase needs to be on a t-shirt

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

So after years of 28-31 day cycles my ute decides to switch it up and make it a 25 day one this month. Always keeping me in my toes, almost too tired to make diner, will not be taking any special requests tonight.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ralph Crammed In posted:

So after years of 28-31 day cycles my ute decides to switch it up and make it a 25 day one this month. Always keeping me in my toes, almost too tired to make diner, will not be taking any special requests tonight.

Mine has apparently come 7 days early this month??? I'm angry and tired and crampy and spotting, someone bring me a flamethrower for all these hormone dwarves

if this is how menopause starts, I will walk backwards into hell with my middle fingers up

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Toliet posting - At a party for the first time in nearly 4 years and my body keeps sending me messages that I got to poop. Thanks period!

KarloffsSidekick
Apr 2, 2010
To my girls who have painful boobs during ovulation or pms: I've been taking Starflower 1000mg capsules and there's still some sensitivity this month, BUT I can move, put my bra on, have a bath without the crippling pain. So it may not work, but it's definitely worth a shot.

Hope this helps someone

candystarlight
Jun 5, 2017

KarloffsSidekick posted:

To my girls who have painful boobs during ovulation or pms: I've been taking Starflower 1000mg capsules and there's still some sensitivity this month, BUT I can move, put my bra on, have a bath without the crippling pain. So it may not work, but it's definitely worth a shot.

Hope this helps someone

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Do you take them all the time, or just during the pain?

KarloffsSidekick
Apr 2, 2010

candystarlight posted:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Do you take them all the time, or just during the pain?

I take them every day with my breakfast. You're welcome, I really hope you get some relief from the pain too.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
i have a good attitude towards menstruation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm4FdyWaOCo

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
Every day that I'm at work, I wish i could work from home. The days I wish the hardest are the days I'm on my period. yes I just went to the bathroom 90 minutes ago, yes I have to go again it happens!

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Love being able to watch my body fall apart in real time with this cycle’s symptoms. Yesterday was fatigue and sore joints, today we’re adding on thrush and wildly varying emotions. I haven’t even started bleeding yet, but I know that typing this has sealed my fate to start at the most inconvenient time.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I am usually a flood an overnight pad in two hours, but this period I'm not even sure of the start as it's been like single tablespoons a day.

Karol-Man
May 14, 2022

by Fritz the Horse
wait, women are on the internet?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My cramps have been super mild this month, and I'm almost, like...suspicious. Like, I'm not really doing anything differently, the flow isn't different, I'm just not in searing pain every second of every day, and this confuses me.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Karol-Man posted:

wait, women are on the internet?

No, of course not.

Where do people like to shop for cups these days? I haven't changed brands in over a decade but I think my vagina has gotten shorter post baby. My large Meluna pokes out now.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

Emily Spinach posted:

No, of course not.

Where do people like to shop for cups these days? I haven't changed brands in over a decade but I think my vagina has gotten shorter post baby. My large Meluna pokes out now.

Meluna makes a shorty which is what I had to get after everything changed post baby and tampons stopped working. The large Meluna is too big for me too, but the large shorty is dang close to being perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Pinus Porcus posted:

Meluna makes a shorty which is what I had to get after everything changed post baby and tampons stopped working. The large Meluna is too big for me too, but the large shorty is dang close to being perfect.

Oh that's perfect, and it looks like they make them in the soft material if you buy it straight from Meluna Germany. For some reason the FDA won't let the US reseller carry the soft cups, or at least that's what I read last time I was buying one.