Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

according to the caption this eagle spotted a rotting fish and just had to have it

you don't get more #swamplife than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Thinking of that "let's all go to the movies" cartoon but singing " let's all go to the swaa-aamp"

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I think "let's all go to the swamp rear end" has a better ring to it

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

oh gently caress the secret to living 200 years is a shell

this article better end with some info about a cream or something I can rub on my body to form a shell

goddamn it

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

TIP posted:

oh gently caress the secret to living 200 years is a shell

this article better end with some info about a cream or something I can rub on my body to form a shell

goddamn it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negligible_senescence

I didn't read it but I think Iread something about it years ago. It might seem cool to not die of old age but then you have to wait for disease or cancer to kill you. Not cool.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

got a good laugh out of the bracketed "which?" in this part of the article

"There are also organisms[which?] that exhibit negative senescence, whereby mortality chronologically decreases as the organism ages, for all or part of the life cycle, in disagreement with the Gompertz–Makeham law of mortality[4] (see also Late-life mortality deceleration)."

surprised they left it in, seems like if you're gonna claim there are animals that slowly turn immortal you better cite your sources

I can imagine scenarios in which an organism might be less likely to die the longer that it lives, but it would be cool to hear a real one

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Valko posted:

It might seem cool to not die of old age but then you have to wait for disease or cancer to kill you. Not cool.

after 200 years you probably aren't that bent out of shape at the thought of dying

also the odds of cancer and disease being cured by then are pretty good

I figure if there's no end to life that just means you can get your fill and then pick your exit

which is why I've murdered a tortoise and I'm now living in its shell

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

almost forgot my last 30 squats

DONE

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

good morning 5KPT :3:

i only slept for 4hrs last night, someone come inject Monster into my veeeiiiiiins before i drive for a couple hundred miles

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Ruby Gloom posted:

i only slept for 4hrs last night, someone come inject Monster into my veeeiiiiiins before i drive for a couple hundred miles

Good morning :)
It's 11 here and I just woke up; time to go to work and see if they buy it if I act like this is normal and expected.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Computer viking posted:

Good morning :)
It's 11 here and I just woke up; time to go to work and see if they buy it if I act like this is normal and expected.

pretend like you're always there and make up completely fake situations "remember, that day a dog ran in the building? and the other time when we saw that weird bird?"
keep it vague enough that it seems plausible

also what a hilarious way to wake up - boris johnson is resigning as head of the party but staying as PM until .... something?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Ruby Gloom posted:

pretend like you're always there and make up completely fake situations "remember, that day a dog ran in the building? and the other time when we saw that weird bird?"
keep it vague enough that it seems plausible

also what a hilarious way to wake up - boris johnson is resigning as head of the party but staying as PM until .... something?

Ha, they know me far too well for that to fly, I think. On the upside the few people left at work really don't care.

And yeah, I saw - though it is weird to me how this, out of all his scandals, was the one to take him down. I get the feeling people were just waiting for an excuse? Bit late, and yes he may continue as caretaker, but at least he didn't get to finish a term as PM. :toot:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

IT IS TOO drat HOT TODAY

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I am going to airport.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Ruby Gloom posted:

IT IS TOO drat HOT TODAY

Counterpoint: it is not hot enough today.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Meme Poker Party posted:

I am going to airport.

Make sure you carry all your liquids in clear 3.5oz bottles.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I can't get over the fact that living inside your own protective suit of armor means that you tend to live longer.
This is really something

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

ugh, same sleep issue with me too. feel like a dung heap

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

IT IS TOO drat HOT TODAY

drat, ONLY TWO WEEKS UNTIL RETIREMENT

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Literally A Person posted:

Make sure you carry all your liquids in clear 3.5oz bottles.

I would go even further and recommend you carry all your liquids in your bladder

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Me, arguing with the TSA that my suntan lotion is technically a colloid, which is not addressed by the 3.5 oz travel restrictions.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Ya boi bagmo in the bottom right with the megaphone. That's my dude Carlos behind me telling the ref to get hosed

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Capo'ing is a lot of fun but holy poo poo my voice is REKT

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Me, arguing with the TSA that my suntan lotion is technically a colloid, which is not addressed by the 3.5 oz travel restrictions.

"I'm sorry, but volume may change based on <rambling explination of thermodymanics, chemical properties>, I prefer to measure fluids by weight and since Federal regulations do not address weights of substances, I therefore may travel with any amount I like."

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

free hubcaps posted:

i cant wait to quote my past self

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

bagmonkey posted:

Capo'ing is a lot of fun but holy poo poo my voice is REKT

does the megaphone make you sound like like a Mexican roving tamale truck or a NYC subway announcer?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

lol

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

does the megaphone make you sound like like a Mexican roving tamale truck or a NYC subway announcer?

NYC Subway announcer I think. I need to keep at it and figure out how to manage my voice better. If you watch the ESPN+ streams for the rest of the year, there's a good chance you'll see me just left of middle field on the supporters side. I'm intending on trying to get capo'ing down by the end of the season

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Airlines: please arrive at airport two hours before your flight.

Me: arrives at airport and hour and a half before flight.

*ten minutes later*

Me: I am now in waiting at the gate with an hour twenty left until my flight.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Meme Poker Party posted:

*ten minutes later*

Time to take advantage of a lovely $12 terminal sandwich.

:( Yum :(

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Literally A Person posted:

Time to take advantage of a lovely $12 terminal sandwich.

:( Yum :(

I think I’m gonna get a McMuffin from the McD’s that’s right here.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Meme Poker Party posted:

Illegal maneuver. The TSA will now confiscate your left shoe.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Meme Poker Party posted:

Airport McDonalds is always the best McDonalds

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Meme Poker Party posted:

Can you do me a solid? can you check out what selection of suggested reading they have at one of the news stands/variety shops?
Ooo! also see if they have taquis and what flavors TIA

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

wanted to give a general shout out to the 5kpt, lots of good posting going on, almost as though posters are witty and intelligent :dafuq:

jk about the :dafuq:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Brittney Griner pleaded guilty in Russian court to drug charges which could lead to up to 10 years in prison for an outspoken WNBA player and married lesbian in the russian prison system at a time of immense political turmoil and folks, I gotta tell ya, while I cannot stress how goddamn stupid she was to BRING DRUGS INTO RUSSIA, I also think that maybe she's not getting the best possible legal advice.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

Brittney Griner pleaded guilty in Russian court to drug charges which could lead to up to 10 years in prison for an outspoken WNBA player and married lesbian in the russian prison system at a time of immense political turmoil and folks, I gotta tell ya, while I cannot stress how goddamn stupid she was to BRING DRUGS INTO RUSSIA, I also think that maybe she's not getting the best possible legal advice.

You know, this part really confuses me. I'm a daily pot user and I loving love mary jane, but if I was going anywhere abroad, I am not bringing that fuckin' hassle with me. I have heard stories about Asian countries that lock people up for 30+ years for trafficking, poo poo like that. I would never, ever take that chance man. I'd actively work to prevent that chance from happening!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

bagmonkey posted:

You know, this part really confuses me. I'm a daily pot user and I loving love mary jane, but if I was going anywhere abroad, I am not bringing that fuckin' hassle with me. I have heard stories about Asian countries that lock people up for 30+ years for trafficking, poo poo like that. I would never, ever take that chance man. I'd actively work to prevent that chance from happening!

From what little I've read on it, and so I don't want to overly judge her, but, ok I'm gonna...
She had brought THC into the country but 'didn't mean to' and thus expected to be forgiven?

Like, this is an actual quote:

"I'd like to plead guilty, your honour. But there was no intent. I didn't want to break the law"

Well see the thing is you loving did, kinda, in as much as you broke a very specific law and were very stupid about how you did it and got caught doing it for being as dumb as you are. And I'm not saying Russia doesn't have putative laws re: weed or that this is excessive and a show-court, because clearly it is. But good god drat, how dumb are you to be the one getting caught for this?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Meme Poker Party posted:

*ten minutes later*

I'm an airport Chili's man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Meme Poker Party posted:

He burgin’