Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1544688018258137089?t=NhW6Oq-SpECep0uXqdWV7w&s=19

Summer Sun Princess '22 is this Saturday and is gonna be my first TJPW show I'll watch in full. That Thunder Rosa poster is p awesome.

Being in Asia I was looking into popping into Japan to see if I can catch Rizin/NJPW/DDT/TJPW and sadly you can only get in as part of a "guided tour"

=(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1545032576850546688

If Yamashita wins on Saturday, Rosa will defend the belt against her in AEW.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
100% down for that on AEW

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Oh man, now I feel super happy that I am gonna see this live and in person...!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

this is gonna rule, hot drat

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Miyu is going over this weekend :woop:

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1543649914416013312

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1545241265737850881

New Blood 3 like the other two will be streamed free on YouTube. This has the best card of the three IMO.

Assuming it happens......I have no idea how Japan reacts to a political assassination

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yuka should join Eruption now there's a spot open

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1544803990214389760

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yuka Sakaguchi

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Nomad's Card for their next show
https://twitter.com/NOMADS_fs/status/1545301629905149953

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Stall_19 posted:

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1545241265737850881

New Blood 3 like the other two will be streamed free on YouTube. This has the best card of the three IMO.

Show has started

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Prominence time!

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Well that was a hell of a preview for their 5 star match

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Waka's got Ram face paint I bet

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
that's unsettling

yikes Waka don't do blackface

her biggest L yet

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Mirai and Suzumi (iirc) are far too willing to do shoot headbutts. The sounds had me grimacing.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

fez_machine posted:

that's unsettling

yikes Waka don't do blackface

her biggest L yet

Yeah.....the intent is to do inverse Ram makeup but yeah.....that's awkward. Probably not something a Japanese company would consider

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Stall_19 posted:

Yeah.....the intent is to do inverse Ram makeup but yeah.....that's awkward. Probably not something a Japanese company would consider

yeah it's defs ill considered rather than racist but still yikes!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Congratulations to Ram Kaichow on defeating racism. Someone had to step up with Cody out.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm behind, so I'm watching the video package of Ram throwing dust at a guy wearing both glasses and a face mask, who sells for it regardless.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm behind, so I'm watching the video package of Ram throwing dust at a guy wearing both glasses and a face mask, who sells for it regardless.

Might want to skip that match.......

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

For someone came in as the "strongest bodyguard", Ami is doing a terrible job.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Mr. Squishy posted:

that is Stardom booker/co-founder Rossy Ogawa. Considering he's been in wrestling for not far off 50 years I hope that he would sell it!

These shows are great: always really easy matches with some fun matches. Watching while working so missed a fair bit towards the end but Suzu-MIRAI was great and the JTO-Stars match was good as well: the opener (YuuRI-Mai Sakurai) is worth looking at as well. Really the whole show is.

There is the very awkward Waka doing blackface thing but I'm willing to suggest that was an unfortunate accident (the idea clearly was to do the opposite of Ram's paint which, well...) rather than anything intentional. Still not a justification for it: I would hope that the American guy in the office could perhaps mention that is probably not going to go down well outside Japan...

Below is about matches announced on this show; behind spoilers to let people watch:

Kurumi-Syuri is great and I'm really looking forward to that; the Suzu-Sera vs Giulia-Mai hardcore match on the showcase show is really interesting just to see how far they go with it and how Mai fits: we know the others have done similar things before but, well, that isn't really an AWG thing nor is it usually a Stardom deal. Announced Ram/Rina vs Waka/? for the next New Blood and all I hope is that they think of a different thing for Waka to do - hope the mystery opponent is actually a surprise and not just them announcing Yuko a week before randomly.

IceAgeComing fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 8, 2022

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

IceAgeComing posted:

There is the very awkward Waka doing blackface thing but I'm willing to suggest that was an unfortunate accident (the idea clearly was to do the opposite of Ram's paint which, well...) rather than anything intentional. Still not a justification for it: I would hope that the American guy in the office could perhaps mention that is probably not going to go down well outside Japan...

I'm under the impression they don't really listen to Sonny as much as he lets on they do lol

Waka actually speaks English pretty well IIRC so I assume she'll find out why people are mad soon enough, too bad it wasn't earlier though

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I should point out that Japanese people are pretty much unaware how culturally insensitive they are regarding blackface, given that a fairly popular band from the 70s is Rats and Star, whose entire gimmick is doo-wop in blackface, and they can still be seen on occasion celebrated on tv music specials about Showa era pop music — and yes, it’s the same band that Momoiro Clover Z wore blackface in tribute to until a foreigner made enough online noise that their appearance was cancelled. But they still show up, so people here have yet to learn.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Quick question for the class, does anyone have an idea on how long the Sendai Girls show on Sunday will go, or show long their shows go in general? I am really considering buying the iPPV for the top two matches but don't want to miss any of the GanPro show starting two and a half hours later

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Quick question for the class, does anyone have an idea on how long the Sendai Girls show on Sunday will go, or show long their shows go in general? I am really considering buying the iPPV for the top two matches but don't want to miss any of the GanPro show starting two and a half hours later

Probably about two and a half hours

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Card for Saturdays MIDSUMMER CHAMPIONS show

Lady C vs. Hina

- Future of Stardom Title: Hanan (c) vs. Waka Tsukiyama

- Utami Hayashishita & Miyu Amasaki vs. MIRAI & Ami Sorei

- Mayu Iwatani, Hazuki, Koguma & Saya Iida vs. Saki Kashima, Fukigen Death★, Ruaka & Rina

- All-Out Battle Elimination Match: Tam Nakano, Mina Shirakawa, Unagi Sayaka, SAKI , Hikari Shimizu & Yuko Sakurai vs. Giulia, Maika, Himeka, Natsupoi, Thekla & Mai Sakurai

- High Speed Title: AZM (c) vs. Momo Kohgo

- Wonder of Stardom Title: Saya Kamitani (c) vs. Starlight Kid

- World of Stardom Title: Syuri (c) vs. Momo Watanabe

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Probably about two and a half hours

...well played

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

...well played

That's a real answer by the way. These Korakuen shows don't usually go long. FREEDOMS has to have the time to set up for the evening show.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
WON: “there has "been communication" between the two sides (AEW and Stardom) and while there is no arrangement as of now, "We were told to expect some stuff to happen"

══════════════
Right now my, brain is over loaded with potential matches🤯

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Although I would love to see Jamie back and I don't have the fear of Toni Storm like other Stardom fans do I'm personally not really interested at the prospect of Stardom working with AEW. More excited with them working with more of the other Joshi promotions.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The opening match at Senjo's PPV tomorrow needs to be changed again as NATSUMI has a fever

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Stall_19 posted:

Although I would love to see Jamie back and I don't have the fear of Toni Storm like other Stardom fans do I'm personally not really interested at the prospect of Stardom working with AEW. More excited with them working with more of the other Joshi promotions.

Yes, but it's very good news for AEW fans (me)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The opening match at Senjo's PPV tomorrow needs to be changed again as NATSUMI has a fever

drat. Do we know who is in now?

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The disparity in quality between Stardom and AEWs women's division is so big that any type of Forbidden Door sort of thing that makes them look like equals is just going to piss me off. I know it would be good for stardom though so if it happens I'll just grit my teeth and be happy for them

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao joshi marks stay malding

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Crapple! posted:

The disparity in quality between Stardom and AEWs women's division is so big that any type of Forbidden Door sort of thing that makes them look like equals is just going to piss me off. I know it would be good for stardom though so if it happens I'll just grit my teeth and be happy for them

Yes, not overly excited to seeing Britt Baker going over Mayu or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Alaois posted:

lmao joshi marks stay malding

Absolutely 100% I will, being mad about things that haven't happened is the point of the Internet.