Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is a bizarre one because it is perfectly fine until they add the cereal. Like the flavor doesn't even go with anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

muscles like this! posted:

This is a bizarre one because it is perfectly fine until they add the cereal. Like the flavor doesn't even go with anything else.

Yeah, it looks like something my dog would vomit up when it ate something it shouldn't have.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/mightbecursed/status/1544488852798156800

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
:lmao: at the sensitive viewing tag

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

muscles like this! posted:

Froot Loops on dogs is a very Cleveland thing.

Happy Dog started it AFAIK. Its one price plus all the toppings you want for a dog:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Savory: Froot Loops

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

The Glizzard

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Poohs Packin posted:

Happy Dog started it AFAIK. Its one price plus all the toppings you want for a dog:

I’mma gently caress with most of this menu

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Poohs Packin posted:

You could definitely make some good dogs and burgs from this menu but I have questions about what these people think the word "savory" means

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Devils Affricate posted:

You could definitely make some good dogs and burgs from this menu but I have questions about what these people think the word "savory" means

I was going to say anything that isn't just raw sugar, but um even then I'm not quite sure how Foot loops would qualify.

I'm assuming they just didn't have Misc. category and didn't know where else to put it.

This is why you should always have a miscellaneous category for this sort of thing. Just makes life so much easier.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Devils Affricate posted:

Listen, they run a hot dog restaurant in Cleveland they arent here to win a vocabulary contest.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I made one with creamy brie, truffle mustard, garlicky escarole, and a fried egg and it was pretty drat good if not exceedingly rich. Coulda used some Froot Loops tbqh

Also, I thought they were "fruit loops"? Hmph, maybe I'll go ask reddit if anyone else remembers that?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hot dog rounds are back in stock, baybee!!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Reminds me that the only difference between American cold-cut bologna and a hot dog is...diameter.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PainterofCrap posted:

Reminds me that the only difference between American cold-cut bologna and a hot dog is...diameter.

A bad hot dog, maybe

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
A good bologna, maybe

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

PainterofCrap posted:

:smuggo:

Soul Dentist posted:

A good bologna, maybe
Agreed

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

:boom:

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Im about to make a hot dog, wish me luck

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Alchemist posted:

Im about to make a hot dog, wish me luck

good luck

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Ok its ready

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

The Alchemist posted:

Ok its ready

You can probably skip eating that altogether and just toss it in the toilet.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Already ate it and it really hit a spot

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
For future reference though, what is wrong with it? Weiner, onion, mustard..What more do you need? Ketchup?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Alchemist posted:

Ok its ready

I'm so sorry, but also I don't understand

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

The Alchemist posted:

Already ate it and it really hit a spot

Maybe it'll taste better on the way out.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
That onion ratio!

:holymoley:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That was an onion sandwich with a sad little meat garnish

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

The Alchemist posted:

For future reference though, what is wrong with it? Weiner, onion, mustard..What more do you need? Ketchup?

Mustard should be evenly distributed so that each bite is the same. Not globbed randomly ensuring that some bites will have a giant mouthful of mustard and other bites won't have any at all.

I love onions on hotdogs, but wouldn't typically go for a red onion. The taste is much sharper, and the amount you have could actually be enough to make someone's eyes water while they are eating it. Most people would balance this by adding something sweet like relish. Additionally you have the onions cut in semicircles, which might work if the onions are pickled. I'm assuming those are just raw red onions though, so cut that way it would be more difficult to eat than if you had taken the extra second to chop or dice the onions. Chopping the onions would allow you distribute them more evenly and also push them off to the side of the bun to give the weiner itself a little more visibility.

Speaking of weiners, whatever you have in there certainly doesn't look like a hotdog. It looks more like a cold potato wedge for some reason. It looks more grey/brown than the more traditional red/brown. Also, the black specks on the weiner imply a dirty grill or an incomplete sear. The dirty, blurry room in the background isn't really making my mouth water either.

Hope this helps and I look forward to seeing improvement in your next hotdog.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

hmmmm

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Mustard should be evenly distributed so that each bite is the same. Not globbed randomly ensuring that some bites will have a giant mouthful of mustard and other bites won't have any at all.

I love onions on hotdogs, but wouldn't typically go for a red onion. The taste is much sharper, and the amount you have could actually be enough to make someone's eyes water while they are eating it. Most people would balance this by adding something sweet like relish. Additionally you have the onions cut in semicircles, which might work if the onions are pickled. I'm assuming those are just raw red onions though, so cut that way it would be more difficult to eat than if you had taken the extra second to chop or dice the onions. Chopping the onions would allow you distribute them more evenly and also push them off to the side of the bun to give the weiner itself a little more visibility.

Speaking of weiners, whatever you have in there certainly doesn't look like a hotdog. It looks more like a cold potato wedge for some reason. It looks more grey/brown than the more traditional red/brown. Also, the black specks on the weiner imply a dirty grill or an incomplete sear. The dirty, blurry room in the background isn't really making my mouth water either.

You might have missed the hamburger bun/sandwich roll, if my eyes are not telling my brain lies

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
A hotdog like that can truly only be enjoyed on a filthy floor mattress

The image truly has layers, like the onion before it was crudely eviscerated by OP in making his violence-dog

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Thank you.
I have taken notes of your critique, and I think Im really getting hang of this now. Heres what's new in ver. 2.0
- In addition with regular mustard, beetroot mayo and cognac mustard were also added
- Weiner is placed on the top, to make the red onion not stand out as much
- Photoshoot was moved to next to the kitchen sink, for additional food vibes(kitchen associates with food, basic psychology)

Is this sort of what you were going for?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

The Alchemist posted:

Thank you.
I have taken notes of your critique, and I think Im really getting hang of this now. Heres what's new in ver. 2.0
- In addition with regular mustard, beetroot mayo and cognac mustard were also added
- Weiner is placed on the top, to make the red onion not stand out as much
- Photoshoot was moved to next to the kitchen sink, for additional food vibes(kitchen associates with food, basic psychology)

Is this sort of what you were going for?

Is that a vegan dog or some other kind of sausage?

Looks like Field Roast to me. I like to make vegan "sausage" and peppers with them sometimes. You're 2/3 with the sausage and the onions. Just sauté up some sliced peppers and you're golden.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Are you Masaokis?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Is that a vegan dog or some other kind of sausage?

Looks like Field Roast to me. I like to make vegan "sausage" and peppers with them sometimes. You're 2/3 with the sausage and the onions. Just sauté up some sliced peppers and you're golden.

I'll have you know that it's a raw pork dog that I grilled for 15 minutes

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

Are you Masaokis?

Masao taught me everything I know about cooking. Im at least 10 years younger than him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I'd maybe get a knife or something and use it to try and push everything down a bit and get everything more contained in the bun. I mean if your going to eat it with a knife and fork, sure, can work how you have it, if not it looks like your just going to be spilling stuff everywhere as soon as you pick it up.

Losing some stuff from a hotdog and a burger isn't the worst thing in the world, but that looks like even the sausage has a possibility of rolling out. Also should make it easier to eat and help with getting more ingredients in every bite.