Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

awww yeah living that Kayak life, get a waterproof camera too, or a case for your phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MINIATURE LLAMA
Jul 30, 2009

IT'S SO TINY

Megabound posted:

awww yeah living that Kayak life, get a waterproof camera too, or a case for your phone

I live in fear of dropping my phone, so it's got a nice floatable case for just such a situation.

Lovely photo.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Speaking of vinyl, finally started seeing some of my long preordered records showing up :woop:

Flobots Fight With Tools (repress, saw them live recently and was super geeked they re-pressed this album)

Cults - 10th anniversary re-press

One of my favorite albums, geeked to find someone selling it for not-insane prices

РОМАНТИКА by МАЯК - Sovietwave (Ukranian Artist, money is going to support humanitarian relief)

Buncha New Retrowave:

And some music I snagged at the Duck Creek Log Jam bluegrass music festival:

Even got one of my favorite string bands to sign a banjo I built :D

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I found this tonight, I’m trying to complete my Rilo collection:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

Cults - 10th anniversary re-press

I'm out at sea right now but I got the shipping notification the other day and was all holy poo poo finally. I'd almost given up on that one. Hopefully it doesn't arrive some day when my wife gets stuck at work and ends up sitting in the Texas sun all afternoon. That would suck. I try not to order records in the summer if I can avoid it. Haven't had one warp on me yet, but like, all the same. Can't be good for them.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

OSU_Matthew posted:

And some music I snagged at the Duck Creek Log Jam bluegrass music festival:

Even got one of my favorite string bands to sign a banjo I built :D

Way to bury the lede. Got a pic of said banjo?

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

OSU_Matthew posted:

Buncha New Retrowave:

The rest I can read, but what are these 2?

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

Rolo posted:

I found this tonight, I’m trying to complete my Rilo collection:

Such a good album

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Franco Caution posted:

The rest I can read, but what are these 2?

Parallels - Visionaries
DEADLIFE - Dark Nation

Bandcamp has a NewRetrowave merch section so I've been trying to hoover up what I can for awhile now. Hopefully this means some of the older releases will ship here soon

ReidRansom posted:

I'm out at sea right now but I got the shipping notification the other day and was all holy poo poo finally. I'd almost given up on that one. Hopefully it doesn't arrive some day when my wife gets stuck at work and ends up sitting in the Texas sun all afternoon. That would suck. I try not to order records in the summer if I can avoid it. Haven't had one warp on me yet, but like, all the same. Can't be good for them.

Same... I looked back at my preorders and was like uh, that was supposed to ship last December, did it get lost in transit?

Android Apocalypse posted:

Way to bury the lede. Got a pic of said banjo?

I do! It's slapped together from a backyard music parts kit and weighs next to nothing so it's perfect to take camping:

If you've scoped out a nice campsite and don't want neighbors while backpacking, just start playing the tune from deliverance and watch the headlights coming down the trail pop a U-ey and head the other way. Works every time :banjo:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

LowOnCyan posted:

Such a good album

I have a thing for the band for sure.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

OSU_Matthew posted:

Parallels - Visionaries
DEADLIFE - Dark Nation

Bandcamp has a NewRetrowave merch section so I've been trying to hoover up what I can for awhile now. Hopefully this means some of the older releases will ship here soon

Same... I looked back at my preorders and was like uh, that was supposed to ship last December, did it get lost in transit?

I do! It's slapped together from a backyard music parts kit and weighs next to nothing so it's perfect to take camping:

If you've scoped out a nice campsite and don't want neighbors while backpacking, just start playing the tune from deliverance and watch the headlights coming down the trail pop a U-ey and head the other way. Works every time :banjo:

:krad:
I do remember camping at Yosemite Point and being woken up by neighboring campers playing a banjo in the morning. Even better was that they were at the tree line being nice & warm while us idiots camped right on the windy ledge.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Rolo posted:

I have a thing for the band for sure.

definitely my favorite band featuring two former child stars

Valency
Feb 3, 2010

HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT

I have an instrument problem.

First it was one of the Roland T-6 drum toys.

Then it was an audio interface for my guitars.

Now it's a big boy midi keyboard for arrangements.

Somewhere in there I picked up a jaw harp too, because why not?

Still not any good at making music though. Clearly I need more gear.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

IDGI, what's the problem?

E: I bought another pair of shoes:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 08:25 on Jul 9, 2022

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Oh man, just got the mockups for some new shirts we ordered and I can't stop laughing :D

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'd wear those.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Went into the blazing heat and came home with a New 2DS because as good as 3/DS emulation is there's some games I still want the proper thing for. Also it already had custom firmware installed on it which made my life a hell of a lot easier.

njsykora has a new favorite as of 22:44 on Jul 9, 2022

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe
Stopped caring about waiting for the next gen to drop and upgraded from my GTX 1070 since prices are getting reasonable again.
This one seems to have the best power draw /fps-ratio among the mid-tier GPUs.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Birthday gifts! My sister hit it out of the park. I've been back into building models and they don't get any nicer than Tamiya stuff.

I'm also fascinated by nuclear disasters and all things related to Chernobyl. She found a book I haven't read yet and best of all found me a liquidators medal. Those were given to the brave bastards that were sent to clean up the disaster site. It's a strange thing to hold it and imagine what the people who actually earned it felt when they got theirs.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I bought a vise

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I bought a new water heater

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

His Divine Shadow posted:

I bought a vise

Is that a Wilton? Requesting some after pics if you refinish and restore it! I love old tools

TotalLossBrain posted:

I bought a new water heater

Are you switching to tankless? If so, how are you liking it so far?

I'm still waiting on mine to die so I can switch

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Probably too early to tell, but my wife ran a bath tub while both dishwasher and washing machine were going. Seems to be hot enough for her liking, so project is a success.

I left the old tank water heater in place as a tempering tank for our cold groundwater. It's turned off, it just needs to store cold incoming water and warm it to basement ambient temperature before it goes into the tankless heater.

So I guess that is not technically a tankless setup, but it's not the typical hot water tank either

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

OSU_Matthew posted:

Is that a Wilton? Requesting some after pics if you refinish and restore it! I love old tools

The seller said it was russian actually. I can't see any markings yet. The whole bottom is a homemade thing welded on because it has a weird base and looks like one would have to sink it into a workbench to make it work. Which is probably why the homemade base was made. The base looks solid though, looks like they welded with nickle electrodes and it sits flat, no wobbling. Which to me says a competent person did it. I need to get a big container because I wanna use electrolysis on it.

Was only 20€ at any rate.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TotalLossBrain posted:

Probably too early to tell, but my wife ran a bath tub while both dishwasher and washing machine were going. Seems to be hot enough for her liking, so project is a success.

Am I stupid or is this implying you're running hot water into your washing machines?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I paid 49,95€ for a wallet, only to find out this morning that it was RF-blocked so nothing works. It said "Finnish design" on a tag, which I'm about 100% certain is a lie, as no Finn would ever design a wallet with RF-blocking. Unless they were marketing towards masochists I guess? But then they'd actually advertise the fact.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Am I stupid or is this implying you're running hot water into your washing machines?

That's correct. Washing machines in the US typically get both hot and cold water hookup.
Hot water is used in sanitary cycles and for light colored heavily soiled clothes. It's pretty rare, tbh.
I think the dryer has a hot water hookup was well, for steam drying. Never used it, though.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
It probably makes more sense for you guys with just 120V regular, heating water is far easier at 240V. It's very rare to find washing machines that take external hot water here, most dishwashers allow for it tho.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TotalLossBrain posted:

That's correct. Washing machines in the US typically get both hot and cold water hookup.
Hot water is used in sanitary cycles and for light colored heavily soiled clothes. It's pretty rare, tbh.
I think the dryer has a hot water hookup was well, for steam drying. Never used it, though.

Huh, live and learn I guess.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

My parents have had their dishwasher hooked up to the hot water line for 20 years now. It's probably not meant to, but it works still so eh.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

SEKCobra posted:

It probably makes more sense for you guys with just 120V regular, heating water is far easier at 240V. It's very rare to find washing machines that take external hot water here, most dishwashers allow for it tho.

That's why I bought that fuckoff instant heater, which has three separate 240V feeds. I considered 120V spot heaters, but like you say...120V heating isn't great.
It's pretty funny that you can get 120V hot tubs.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

TotalLossBrain posted:

That's why I bought that fuckoff instant heater, which has three separate 240V feeds. I considered 120V spot heaters, but like you say...120V heating isn't great.
It's pretty funny that you can get 120V hot tubs.

It's called putting my sous vide in my regular tub and don't hate.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

I snagged a used DeepMind 12 from my coworker because screw giving that company my money. Can't wait to get it home!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

His Divine Shadow posted:

My parents have had their dishwasher hooked up to the hot water line for 20 years now. It's probably not meant to, but it works still so eh.

My dishwasher explicitly recommended hooking up to a hot water line for best performance. Hell, I run the hot water from the faucet to purge the room temp water in the line before running the dishwasher.

PSA for clothes washers, whether you're running hot or cold cycles, make sure you have a hammer arrestor hooked up to the supply lines :eng101:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

OSU_Matthew posted:

PSA for clothes washers, whether you're running hot or cold cycles, make sure you have a hammer arrestor hooked up to the supply lines :eng101:

Will that...

...stop hammer time?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Nothing stops Hammer time. That's why you gotta use an arrestor. To arrest the Hammer instead.

ACAB

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

American Lawn Mower Company 50514 14-Inch 11-Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower.

PROHEAR GEP01 Gel Ear Pads (Upgraded) for 3M PELTOR Headsets to make wearing my Comtac's more comfortable when mowing my lawn.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Always wanted one of those Supreme skate tool pipes but could never find one, only to find out another company sells them! Probably won’t use it for either use but it’s a fun little piece.

And a Retroid Pocket 2+ to play through the original Resident Evil games on.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Found a nugget (160 GB ipod classic) for $40 at a thrift store.

I am now in possession of 3,79 GB of pictures belonging to a board member of the local golf club.

Unfortunately no blackmail material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Nice, now mod the poo poo out of it.