Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
My experience (as a person who did technically clear Gate 1 Hard last week but kept tripping up on it this week and had to drop down to Normal) is that slowly but surely, the people who can't do Hard are filtering down to Normal where due to the overgearing as long as at least the majority of the people know how to clear the gate, it's much, much easier and takes a fraction of the time. So in theory, eventually most people will just land where their skillset says they should be and everybody ends up happy (or at least content) with sub 2-hour clears of all the gates.

In practice, the free rider problem is going to make this always suck, unless you have a perfectly curated static.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Smythe posted:

made a toon on this and shes a beautiful cartoon babe

lmao same

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Gotta give it to the LA character creator, it's actually really hard to make a character that doesn't look beautiful. It's not impossible, but it takes way more effort than in most other games.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Lt. Lizard posted:

Gotta give it to the LA character creator, it's actually really hard to make a character that doesn't look beautiful. It's not impossible, but it takes way more effort than in most other games.
There's a random button and you bet the first thing I did was mash it until I got an acceptably ugly character.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Lt. Lizard posted:

I just want a proper God drat mohawk for my destroyer

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Smythe posted:

And at the end of the day isn't that what it is all about?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my cartoon princess walks like she on a Milan runway (??)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the game seems very sanitized, and it has the bad korean grindfest font. i am but a tiny noob, but these are my thinks. we've come a long way from popping to life on the cobblestones outside the sweet dreams inn with 100g, a book, candle, and dagger.

there are a lot of confusing gumps and currencies. i tire of so many gumps and currencies. what ever happened to gold. just let me collect Gold Coins. thats enough for me. it works well enough in real life, too. hell, i dont go to the 7-11 and purchase a pizza and rc cola for 7 Shining Blade Tokens. gently caress sakes.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

I said come in! posted:

And at the end of the day isn't that what it is all about?

its very important to have a crush on your toon

:tipshat:

oh also i didnt see if there was a Goon Server or something?? i looked but didnt find. (Crossplay? ?)

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Smythe posted:

the game seems very sanitized, and it has the bad korean grindfest font. i am but a tiny noob, but these are my thinks. we've come a long way from popping to life on the cobblestones outside the sweet dreams inn with 100g, a book, candle, and dagger.

there are a lot of confusing gumps and currencies. i tire of so many gumps and currencies. what ever happened to gold. just let me collect Gold Coins. thats enough for me. it works well enough in real life, too. hell, i dont go to the 7-11 and purchase a pizza and rc cola for 7 Shining Blade Tokens. gently caress sakes.

UO is still the best MMO of all time.

I got my 4pc swamp of yearning set last night. The bonus is great and really helps the group put out more damage. Got HM Vykas reclear last night in under 2h. Had a pretty bad seed on gate 3, but we overcame it.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Smythe posted:

its very important to have a crush on your toon

:tipshat:

oh also i didnt see if there was a Goon Server or something?? i looked but didnt find. (Crossplay? ?)
NA East Una is the main goon server. If you rolled on NA East there is cross play for group content.

The 1-50 experience is kind of lame. It opens up a bit when you get sailing about halfway through. Getting 50 doesn't take that long at least.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Depends on your region.

EU: Thirain
NA/E: Una
NA/W: Mari

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i did na west on some idk server. many thanks for the info all cheers

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Smythe posted:

i did na west on some idk server. many thanks for the info all cheers

You can play the end game content cross server (as long as its the same region) so it's not a big deal, you just won't be able to join the guild.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

WarpedLichen posted:

You can play the end game content cross server (as long as its the same region) so it's not a big deal, you just won't be able to join the guild.

im too old to gently caress around with goon guilds anymore so its ok. i simply log on and derp around for 2 weeks and then get bored and go back to the greatest game of all - posting.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Jossar posted:

Depends on your region.

EU: Thirain
NA/E: Una
NA/W: Mari

A word of caution that there are only about 5-6 active goons left on Thirain, so the EU is pretty much dead when it comes to goon presence

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Smythe posted:

im too old to gently caress around with goon guilds anymore so its ok. i simply log on and derp around for 2 weeks and then get bored and go back to the greatest game of all - posting.

You should join a guild anyway, it doesn't require much. The chill guilds probably won't care if you do the guild quests or anything but it's useful for bloodstones which you can use to buy useful materials.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Smythe posted:

Guilds aren't really guilds in this game. They give you currency for pressing "ok" and "donate 6000 silver" that you can then spend on free upgrade materials.

There's no real coordination or chat or anything in 99% of guilds.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Khorne posted:

Guilds aren't really guilds in this game. They give you currency for pressing "ok" and "donate 6000 silver" that you can then spend on free upgrade materials.

There's no real coordination or chat or anything in 99% of guilds.

That's been replaced with discord.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I know this is slow but major progression! I beat gate 2 Vykas!

I was having trouble with groups in gate 2. Most parties would not invite you because you are 1470. They are only looking for "big juicer dps with 4 piece relic and 5x3 engravings." But the few parties I could get into would run into enrage because of a lack of damage so I assume that was why everyone is pushing hard for high ilevel parties. However I found this prog party with mostly 1460-1470 players and we managed to clear it without much issue once we got the dying out of the way. Now to see how far I can get with gate 3 before reset.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Damage should never be an issue if people are actually alive, but since most people are terrible and die having overgeared dps can cover for that.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Quit this game shortly after I got max level. I think I was just into a lot of other games at the time but I've got the mmo itch. Clicked on new world and noped so gonna be giving this another go. Might give end game a real shot. Well end game being maxed level I know the earlier tiers are no where close to end game anymore. My question is I am guessing I shouldnt use any of these boosts I have on my primary character. Will I find many people to do the lower gear score content with or have I been left behind or whatever?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Quit this game shortly after I got max level. I think I was just into a lot of other games at the time but I've got the mmo itch. Clicked on new world and noped so gonna be giving this another go. Might give end game a real shot. Well end game being maxed level I know the earlier tiers are no where close to end game anymore. My question is I am guessing I shouldnt use any of these boosts I have on my primary character. Will I find many people to do the lower gear score content with or have I been left behind or whatever?

There should always be people doing the lower content but depending on where you sit you might want to use a boost.

This months content drops next week the 20th which I believe should come with an express pass and I think a punika power pass. So that's 2 t3 characters you can have relatively quickly. I'd probably see if you can get your current character into t3 before then.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Usenet Magic-User posted:

When this month's update comes out there will be an express event and a new power pass. The express event will get you to some place in t3 really fast.

You should still be able to find people for things. There's also weekly challenge guardians you can start doing now at max level and they give nice loot to sell & use.

Zotix posted:

That's been replaced with discord.
Even without discord, this game's guilds are not really guilds in the traditional sense. I use Discord.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 12, 2022

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Khorne posted:

When this month's update comes out there will be an express event and a new power pass. The express event will get you to some place in t3 really fast.

You should still be able to find people for things. There's also weekly challenge guardians you can start doing now at max level and they give nice loot to sell & use.

I've been meaning to ask, how do you guys sort out which accessories to sell? like I don't know what other classes need except maybe a few things so I end up having to search the AH and eyeball prices, it's slow and tedious and 99% of the time I find out I have worthless garbage.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

afkmacro posted:

I've been meaning to ask, how do you guys sort out which accessories to sell? like I don't know what other classes need except maybe a few things so I end up having to search the AH and eyeball prices, it's slow and tedious and 99% of the time I find out I have worthless garbage.
It comes with game knowledge. There's a set of meta engravings with a few outliers. The three main stats (crit/swift/spec). There's probably a spreadsheet or image somewhere, but it's too much to try and remember by studying.

To evaluate if the accessory is worth anything at legendary/relic tier, you can hit auction house, add item, and search for what you've found. I like to lower quality in the search if it's a high quality item just to see if things are selling at all. It can also help to remove the second engraving. You can then check if any recently sold & see what people have them listed at right now. Sometimes people list total garbage though.

I don't recommend these dismantle settings, but this image shows all the non-class engravings people use (and a few that people don't really use, some of these are hyper specific to one class/spec):

Some quick gold things, especially for newer players or alts, can be selling correct stat blue/purple t3 accessories with a class engraving. They don't even need a second good engraving and can net an easy 100g-400g for some classes. On other classes, no one buys them. These should be easy to identify because it's for your class so you should know the stats.

In general, for blue/purple, you might be able to sell single engraving accessories for 50g-100g.

For spec accesories, quality matters a whole lot more than it does for crit/swift. This is true while selling and buying.

You shouldn't buy off stat accessories because you lose too much power. No one really buys expertise/dom/etc accessories anymore unless it's for a pvp set (which I know nothing about because they vary so much by class/spec and are hyper niche). So if it has those stats it's probably dismantle territory.

Tripods can also sell. Even level 2/3 sell sometimes. Hitting settings on your skill tree and marking the correct tripods for your classes build(s) can save tons of time. Maxroll's guide for a spec list all the tripods people might use and you can mark your skills based on that. You can also set a minimum level for these notifications in game options. I'd recommend setting it to 2, but some people would recommend 3.

When trying to figure out the price of your tripod, after searching for it with the auto populated search edit the search query to be gear - all, remove all the junk that's not tracked (so you have only the relevant tripod), and filter by price that way.

If it's a relic t4, the piece it goes on can matter. You can get 2k for a chest with the same tripod as gloves that would sell for 500g solely because volume is so low and people need that tripod in a chest slot. Chest is only an example, it could be any piece depending on what's available right now.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 12, 2022

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

what class are people playing that are making money on tripods and accessories?

i've given up on making money as gunslinger. i can't even sell relic gear for 200g with 2/3 good tripods. same for anything crit/peacemaker.

Bann
Jan 14, 2019

afkmacro posted:

https://engravingcalculator.netlify.app/

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dynamite Dog posted:

what class are people playing that are making money on tripods and accessories?

i've given up on making money as gunslinger. i can't even sell relic gear for 200g with 2/3 good tripods. same for anything crit/peacemaker.
If it's relic, it needs two good engravings as an accessory. Dropping sellable relic accessories is brutal. I have 4 characters at 1415+ and I've found maybe 40k worth of relic accessories total since valtan release. Everything else was dismantle territory.

GS tends to run level 1 peacemaker, peacemaker 5 accessories with +3 to another gs engraving probably sell for 40k-100k on NA east. Here is a search from just now of recently sold items, a 20 qual peacemaker 5 hit master 3 ring for 90k:

The market seems pretty dry so if you have a second good engraving you can probably get 40k+ easily even for a 3-3 or 3 peacemaker 5 something else ring.

The tripod market is in a weird place because there's a tripod change coming to KR this month. Most people only playing mains geared up with relic tripods already for the most part, and due to the tripod change people aren't looking to slam tons of 4 tripods onto their gear to try build a perfect set. Instead, they want to place 4 tripods they don't have on gear in other inventory slots so it gets auto converted to the new system when we get it. The tripod market might light up a bit if we get the global honing buff in July update.

For GS, +4 to the main damage skill tripods should still sell because people can use the inventory system to transfer it. If there is also a +3 to a secondary tripod used in the meta build it should add value or at least make it sell faster. And if it's two usable +4s, or 3, it can be worth quite a bit.

Tripod prices do vary based on class. Bard tripod prices have tanked to 200g-500g for a single +4, while I have sold +4 to single skill zerker tripods for 2k as recently as a few days ago. That's a cool utility to use until you get a feel for what meta engravings are. It also seems worth using for necklaces and decent quality relic stuff that has nothing up on the auction house yet.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 12, 2022

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Speaking of expensive. gently caress me Deathblow striker is expensive. He's my second main and I should be able to finally swap from 3x3 1x1 esoteric to 5x3 2 spender DB in a couple more days.

Grudge books: 260k
Deathblow books:160k
Cutting the 7/7 stone: 40k
Decent, but not great accessories:140k
And then there's tripods:. Probably another 50k if not more.

Gonna be fun when done but uhh yikes.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zotix posted:

Gonna be fun when done but uhh yikes.
For 5x3 classes, if you have 2x legendary books you can use a 7-6 stone (or 8-6 if you get "lucky") and save a ton of money by using a 3-3/4-3 neck (especially if a class engraving neck is affordable vs buying separate pieces). On zerker I paid 40k for an 85+ qual crit/swift neck with mayhem 3, second engraving 3. The rest of my accessories at 70 qual cost like 20k at most. It was sick and right before legendary market crashed so I sold my cursed doll leg neck for 28k lol.

With that said, I have no idea what stats or engravings striker uses so I don't know if that applies to them. Spec class accessories are still stupid expensive.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 12, 2022

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Khorne posted:

For GS, +4 to the main damage skill tripods should still sell because people can use the inventory system to transfer it. If there is also a +3 to a secondary tripod used in the meta build it should add value or at least make it sell faster. And if it's two usable +4s, or 3, it can be worth quite a bit.

this is what i'm saying isn't true in my experience. I've yet to sell a single piece of relic gear and at this point I'm posting at 200g.

this is why i'm wondering what people in this thread that have different experiences are playing

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Smythe posted:

Show us the babe, smythe.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dynamite Dog posted:

this is what i'm saying isn't true in my experience. I've yet to sell a single piece of relic gear and at this point I'm posting at 200g.

this is why i'm wondering what people in this thread that have different experiences are playing
It might be a class popularity/volume issue, or you could have gotten a bad combination relative to what's on the market. It took me 3 weeks to sell a 4-4 berserker tripod at 20k because the 4-4s that were available for other slots at the time didn't line up well with what was on it. I didn't even find this 4-4 piece, I bought it for my own tripod set and tried to sell it after.

Are there 4-4 pieces on the market? And if so how are they priced? If they're affordable (5k or less) and have lots of trade counts left, this might be why the +4 isn't selling right now.

The other issue is GS popularity dropped after the balance changes. There might be a buff to peacemaker build coming on KR in the next month or two.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Berserker feels like a different market for sure. Same with sorc. Probably still riding the bot market. I’ve yet to see a gunslinger bot

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dynamite Dog posted:

Berserker feels like a different market for sure. Same with sorc. Probably still riding the bot market. I’ve yet to see a gunslinger bot
Yeah, bard tripod is different too. It was kinda like half a berserker market price-wise but over the past week or two has completely tanked to 1/10 the price.

I always list at 3d for things like +4 tripod that should sell. And then relist after 3d because why not.

The market also has severe deflation right now. People are making less gold while doing the same things & lots of people are afraid to RMT after the ban wave so they've lost their gold source.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Khorne posted:

For 5x3 classes, if you have 2x legendary books you can use a 7-6 stone (or 8-6 if you get "lucky") and save a ton of money by using a 3-3/4-3 neck (especially if a class engraving neck is affordable vs buying separate pieces). On zerker I paid 40k for an 85+ qual crit/swift neck with mayhem 3, second engraving 3. The rest of my accessories at 70 qual cost like 20k at most. It was sick and right before legendary market crashed so I sold my cursed doll leg neck for 28k lol.

With that said, I have no idea what stats or engravings striker uses so I don't know if that applies to them. Spec class accessories are still stupid expensive.

I've played around with the numbers quite a bit and there's really nothing cheap coming out of it. I started with a 3/3 neck and that meant I needed a 3 DB | 5 Ambush/KBW/Adren accessory and they are extinct on the AH. So I'm settling for a 3/3 legendary ring as I'd only be losing 20 spec. It's fuckin rough though finding DB stuff.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zotix posted:

I've played around with the numbers quite a bit and there's really nothing cheap coming out of it. I started with a 3/3 neck and that meant I needed a 3 DB | 5 Ambush/KBW/Adren accessory and they are extinct on the AH. So I'm settling for a 3/3 legendary ring as I'd only be losing 20 spec. It's fuckin rough though finding DB stuff.
Legendary ring is a good hack except now to get a relic acc with class engraving you're either going to need a very specific negative engraving on that ring or to redo multiple accessories. I'm only going to go with legendary rings on my bards because I don't care about 5x3 on them. For dps, I've just been patient and waited a week or two to switch to 5x3. I buy class engraving, neck, and roll stone (in no particular order) then buy the rest of the accessories around that.

Might not matter though. Legendary ring is good enough and brelshaza hard brings ancient accessories so you're probably fine. You also have like 4-5 months to find a relic ring if you want one. This game rewards being patient more than any game I've ever seen.

I obsess over dumb stuff which is why I spent more gold than I should have getting 5x3 on my dps alt. Kinda wish I had just gone with a legendary ring and saved 20k-30k.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 12, 2022

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Khorne posted:

Legendary ring is a good hack except now to get a relic acc with class engraving you're either going to need a very specific negative engraving on that ring or to redo multiple accessories. I'm only going to go with legendary rings on my bards because I don't care about 5x3 on them. For dps, I've just been patient and waited a week or two to switch to 5x3. I buy class engraving, neck, and roll stone (in no particular order) then buy the rest of the accessories around that.

Might not matter though. Legendary ring is good enough and brelshaza hard brings ancient accessories so you're probably fine. You also have like 4-5 months to find a relic ring if you want one. This game rewards being patient more than any game I've ever seen.

I obsess over dumb stuff which is why I spent more gold than I should have getting 5x3 on my dps alt. Kinda wish I had just gone with a legendary ring and saved 20k-30k.

The difference between a 100% legendary ring(180) and 100% relic ring(200) is 20 stat. It's not huge, and I'll probably just run 2 spender until bracelets are out anyway. Neck's have the same stat between rarities. It's earrings where the quality jump in relic is big.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zotix posted:

The difference between a 100% legendary ring(180) and 100% relic ring(200) is 20 stat. It's not huge, and I'll probably just run 2 spender until bracelets are out anyway. Neck's have the same stat between rarities. It's earrings where the quality jump in relic is big.
There's a stat difference too, main stat/vit. Losing that on one ring isn't a big deal though.