Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

It's funny to see Tesla slowly roll back the lovely V11 update from the beginning of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
Speaking of shady dealers my sales contact at the local VW dealer went from super responsive to complete radio silence after asking him to put into writing his assurance that they only sell their incoming ID4s that customers reserve with them for MSRP.

It’s only been 24 hours or so but feels a little ominous.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lol they’re not going to do that

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

Tiny Timbs posted:

Lol they’re not going to do that

Is that really an unrealistic expectation? It’s absurd to have to wait around for 8 months and risk a 5k markup rug pull.

Maybe I’ll just go around and tell dealers I’ll reserve with them if they’ll do that for me.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
if the market will bear a 5k ADM then uh yeah they're gonna get their 5k ADM one way or another

is this bullshit? yeah for sure

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

I actually really like it, although I am curious as to why they didn't release it as an Infiniti first. It looks like it is not far off fit & finish wise and Infiniti could really use something right now.

Peanut3141
Oct 30, 2009
My MSRP was murdered by a VW dealership.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

They really named the car Aryan. Amazing. One way to get chuds to embrace EVs I guess.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Three Olives posted:

I actually really like it, although I am curious as to why they didn't release it as an Infiniti first. It looks like it is not far off fit & finish wise and Infiniti could really use something right now.

Infinity is pretty much a North American-only brand.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Oh yeah well Toyota made my wife expect quality work and now she is mad at me after we make love!

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

The Gunslinger posted:

Get your logic out of here, we're reacting based on our biases and badge loyalties!

Not sure if anyone saw that TFL video on towing but yeesh, the F150 Lightning does not do well. 1/3 the range with a 6000lb trailer on the freeway with a small headwind.

This is why my plan to go electric with a RV is pretty much a van convert because as wonderful as the F150 Lightning is, with even an Airstream trailer the range is going to be low.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

bad_fmr posted:

They really named the car Aryan. Amazing. One way to get chuds to embrace EVs I guess.

I don’t think that’s what they named it op

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think that’s what they named it op

Watch the video.

In Germany it’s pronounced the same as Aryan. It's a coincidence but a bad one.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Either it's not in the first couple minutes or you're hearing things OP.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Starts at 3:41.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOgrj_cHkpE&t=221s

It's Sanskrit for 'Noble' but it sounds problematic in German.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Germans must hate operatic solos too

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

if the market will bear a 5k ADM then uh yeah they're gonna get their 5k ADM one way or another

is this bullshit? yeah for sure

It fuckin suckkkkkks

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

gwrtheyrn posted:

Either it's not in the first couple minutes or you're hearing things OP.

Start watching the video at 3:40.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Infinity is pretty much a North American-only brand.

Just do what Toyota did before Lexus branched out as far as it did, badge it an Infiniti markets where Infiniti exists, which still includes China and the Middle East.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Nfcknblvbl posted:

It's funny to see Tesla slowly roll back the lovely V11 update from the beginning of the year.
But I don't want to be entertained, I want the bulk of this lovely update to go back to how it was because the majority of it was flat out superior before. A few things have improved, but the majority of what V11 really accomplished was forcing most users to become more adept at using voice commands.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

hobbez posted:

Speaking of shady dealers my sales contact at the local VW dealer went from super responsive to complete radio silence after asking him to put into writing his assurance that they only sell their incoming ID4s that customers reserve with them for MSRP.

It’s only been 24 hours or so but feels a little ominous.

When I was calling every dealership within a 6 hour radius, I just cut the bullshit and started asking them straight up if there were any market adjustments or mandatory dealer adds and literally all of them told me yes.

Even the ones that had no markup would say no markup but we do have $850 in dealer adds.

The one place I found that had no markup or dealer adds had a year long waiting list.

Just ask ‘em straight up. Did they tell you it would be MSRP only?

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Biodome posted:

When I was calling every dealership within a 6 hour radius, I just cut the bullshit and started asking them straight up if there were any market adjustments or mandatory dealer adds and literally all of them told me yes.

Even the ones that had no markup would say no markup but we do have $850 in dealer adds.

The one place I found that had no markup or dealer adds had a year long waiting list.

Just ask ‘em straight up. Did they tell you it would be MSRP only?

They said it would be MSRP, no shenanigans, but there is a ~600 “paperwork fee”, which I take to be pretty standard and acceptable.

The guy actually said something along the lines of “we’re actually doing a deal right now where we take 1k off to get people to order with us”

He also said cancellations are very rare, which makes me think that they aren’t hosing people who are in turn cancelling.

Maybe I’m just being paranoid.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Well it's for sure standard...to the degree it's acceptable is whatever. Here they're not allowed to charge more than like $200 or something. Which is presumably what every dealer in the state charges

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

gwrtheyrn posted:

Well it's for sure standard...to the degree it's acceptable is whatever. Here they're not allowed to charge more than like $200 or something. Which is presumably what every dealer in the state charges

Acceptable relative to getting 5k of window tint and a fuzzy steering wheel cover added on to MSRP

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

VideoGameVet posted:

This is why my plan to go electric with a RV is pretty much a van convert because as wonderful as the F150 Lightning is, with even an Airstream trailer the range is going to be low.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1545051509020192768

Maybe this will arrive in 2040

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Mod note - rule 2 change, Muskchat for a while now has had an unoffical place in this forum in AI's terrible car stuff thread, we now have a dedicated Racists, chuds and Bootkicers thread in AI where Muskchat can go -

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006636

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Now do one for people to bitch about self driving technology

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Your weekly (daily?) reminder that Autopilot is not an autopilot.

https://twitter.com/ericpauldennis/status/1545120835786137600?s=21&t=QndaNd9SL7o8oJgIwaJXXQ

https://twitter.com/ericpauldennis/status/1545124209315176450?s=21&t=rIilmk0ZnPpxOLlJj3O7PQ

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Driveway.com has offered me $14,000 for my 2014 Accord Hybrid with 123,000 miles. This is $2500 more than they offered me 8 months ago. I'm wondering if they're pumping up their offers for things that get good gas mileage.

I'm a little worried that it may actually be in "fair" condition rather than the "good" condition I said it was but hopefully if so they just ding me a little and the sale still goes through. There's nothing really wrong with it though, it's a great car, just has a lot of rock chips and little cosmetic things, nothing major. They can ding me 3 grand and I'll still be all over it though, previous offers from Carmax and Autonation were 8650 and 9000.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bird with big dick posted:

Driveway.com has offered me $14,000 for my 2014 Accord Hybrid with 123,000 miles. This is $2500 more than they offered me 8 months ago. I'm wondering if they're pumping up their offers for things that get good gas mileage.

I'm a little worried that it may actually be in "fair" condition rather than the "good" condition I said it was but hopefully if so they just ding me a little and the sale still goes through. There's nothing really wrong with it though, it's a great car, just has a lot of rock chips and little cosmetic things, nothing major. They can ding me 3 grand and I'll still be all over it though, previous offers from Carmax and Autonation were 8650 and 9000.

It’s all venture capital money truing to buy out the local shops with made up money. Carvana’s the same. It’s more money for you.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
AutoNation (parent company of the BMW dealership) offered me 16k for my 2017 Mazda 6 when I went in to pick up my BMW I4, while CarMax offered 17.5k (over the web). I went with the 16k because I didn't feel like dealing with going to CarMax and it was easier to transfer everything in one shot. 16k on a 5 year old car I got for 21k was a hell of a bargain to me

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I've got a local carmax and I'd prefer to just dump it there and be done with it but not if the difference is gonna be 3-5 grand. That'll pay for like the next six months of LEGO purchases.

I'd rather actually see it go to a local end user that's gonna drive the thing, it's a great car with all highway miles that gets over 40 mpg, but if I get anywhere near 14 grand I'm going to be ripping Driveway off. I also feel like its condition may be in a sweet spot where it looks good in the "virtual walk around" pics I sent Driveway and won't look as good in person but the difference isn't enough for them to blow up the deal. I hope anyway. When I sold the Mach-E to Driveway the guy that picked it up did a walk around and would have noted any condition problems but there weren't any because it was pretty much flawless.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Who wants to have a good laugh

https://twitter.com/dburbach/status/1545401496241586177?s=21&t=9z8t1CH-RsTFvkSkbhWtog

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Death cult rushing to destroy the world.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Gasoline and diesel have subsidies already that probably lower the cost of a gallon of fuel by more than a whole charge on a battery

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Gasoline and diesel have subsidies already that probably lower the cost of a gallon of fuel by more than a whole charge on a battery

I’m sure the coal rollers supporting this sort of legislation and their supporters in the local legislature will find this to be a logical and compelling argument.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A bunch of years ago NC outlawed the concept of establishing environmental policy based on ocean level readings

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tiny Timbs posted:

A bunch of years ago NC outlawed the concept of establishing environmental policy based on ocean level readings

It’s one weird trick that oceans hate. You can just tell the Atlantic to stop rising.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Saw a Rivian R1T on the road today. That’s a one goofy looking truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I think it looks fantastic from the side.