Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Regy Rusty posted:

This game comes out tomorrow: https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/yurukill-the-calumniation-games-switch/

Has anyone tried the demo? Seems like a wild concept.
I hadn't heard of this but I'll check out just about anything with a demo. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

External Organs posted:

Started Divinity Original Sin 2 last night and I'm excited to sink my teeth into it, seems like it'll be pretty juicy.

it's so good I don't have words for how good it is

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Teleport your melee enemies into tarpits then pepper them with arrows
Lock down lizardmen in hand to hand combat in a cloud of poison with a skeleton who eats poison
Boost your necromancy by standing in a pool of your own blood
Set the whole drat scaffolding on fire and paralyze the people on it
Cheese the whole game by telekinetically slamming a heavy chest containing vendor trash weighing a ton into every opponent

Divinity Original Sin 2 is far and away the most mechanically crunchy tactical RPG, and it will let you absolutely abuse the combat engine to your heart's content if you want.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

By midgame my elementalist was practically a god and could keep the entire map locked down. My dwarf archer couldn't fire over banisters because he was too short (a thing that the game actually calculates).

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
This all seems very exciting!! I fell asleep though so I'm still just stuck on a prison barge.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Regy Rusty posted:

This game comes out tomorrow: https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/yurukill-the-calumniation-games-switch/

Has anyone tried the demo? Seems like a wild concept.

I tried it, seemed a bit extra to start with but I was into it by the end. The shump bits are basically a Danganronpa mini game but more fleshed out.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Game data is encrypted on the SD card with a per-console key as an anti-piracy measure, so yes you have to redownload your games when you transfer a SD card to a different unit. Saves aren't stored on the SD card at all, but screenshots and videos are fine.

Kind of a pain but I get it!

Honestly I can’t believe how much better the screen is. I knew it would be an improvement but I’m losin my mind over here

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1544735696514154496?t=7mJKora90toWvbhNoKBshQ&s=19

Mario rabbids is free to play until the 12th, if for some reason you haven't bought it already. I think you get 100 platinum points for trying it too

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
One thing I dont like about the trailers for mario rabbids 2 is that mario is now striking cool poses with his fisher price blasters and a badass/stern glare in his eyes. I dont recall that in mario rabbids 1 and I mean come on buddy, you ain't fooling anyone

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Escobarbarian posted:

Kind of a pain but I get it!

Honestly I can’t believe how much better the screen is. I knew it would be an improvement but I’m losin my mind over here

OLED is and was always worth every penny even if you already had another switch. I even use vivid mode like a dirty heathen because the colors look great and idgaf about the artist's vision or whatever lmao

Hook me up with an OLED Nintendo switch lite next, mister Doug Bowser!!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Actually there are some games where vivid mode looks really really great and others where normal mode is the better option but that statement isn't as spicy. Either way, I'd say I have a vivid mode on 80% of the time

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nah I don’t think $350 is a reasonable price to pay for the tech included in the OLED Switch even if you never owned one and play exclusively handheld.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Oh yeah the switch is horribly underpowered but that's just the way Nintendo operates. OLED steam deck when??

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I got one because I had a launch switch with the terrible battery life

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wouldn’t be surprised if someone could eventually put out a deck compatible OLED screen with how modular that thing seems to be, question is if the demand is there

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The OLED Vita’s screen looks better than the OLED Switch. :colbert:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also it was worth it to not have my battery run to 50% in like an hour and also hollow knight on OLED oh baybee....

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
How are the loading times on Divinity Original Sin 2? I love tactical-y games if it's fun to play. I can wait until a sale.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The new kickstand is actually usable too and the backplate being aluminum means it doesn’t turn into glossy plastic after five months of use like the old switch. Worthy upgrade

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yup this was me

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Also it was worth it to not have my battery run to 50% in like an hour and also hollow knight on OLED oh baybee....

You're right. I forget how cozy that battery upgrade really is, although I guess the red box switches also had this benefit. But yeah OG switch has kind of atrocious battery and this upgrade bumps it up to a nice respectable 4 to 8 hours depending on what you're playing. Is niiiice

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Me too, the old one is an emergency spare and I keep the old dock in my travel bag for when I go on trips.

Have you ever gone back to an old switch after playing on an OLED for a couple weeks? :barf:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

AlternateNu posted:

The OLED Vita’s screen looks better than the OLED Switch. :colbert:

Every OLED vita I've used had dark blotches when the screen was dark because the tech was still new.

It looks cool and I love the Vita but it's definitely not a better display imo

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
The improved battery life & OLED screen is worth getting if you're upgrading from a launch model. The increased screen size is great too.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have an OLED Switch because I lost my original Switch at an airport and was like "well gently caress, I'm not going to not have a Switch" and figured I might as well buy an OLED if I was buying a new one.

Then lost and found turned up my old Switch so now I have two Switches

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Me too, the old one is an emergency spare and I keep the old dock in my travel bag for when I go on trips.

Have you ever gone back to an old switch after playing on an OLED for a couple weeks? :barf:

That bezel is so...gross. Gives me hardcore Walmart Android tablet vibes

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah I had a launch model and was amazed just now when I played a bunch of Mario Kart and went back to the home screen and had only lost like 12% battery

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Morter posted:

How are the loading times on Divinity Original Sin 2? I love tactical-y games if it's fun to play. I can wait until a sale.

The load times were a little too intense for me to beat DOS2 on Switch after playing on PC. If I hadn't gotten used to the faster PC load times, I wouldn't have noticed so much. A me problem, probably. I was also playing off a Limited Run physical copy, and I dont know how that effected things either. However! Once a map loads, it is smooth sailing and really impressive.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Introducing the Switchbox 360

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
bah Gawd my Limited Run Games copy of Mushihimesama has finally shown up at the warehouse.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Morter posted:

I don't remember them being bad. You don't load into new areas very often, and fights take place seamlessly in the overworld.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the only switch i've ever had is the one that i bought on launch day and it's still perfect. im loyal to my hardware

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i did hack it though

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

wizard2 posted:

The load times were a little too intense for me to beat DOS2 on Switch after playing on PC. If I hadn't gotten used to the faster PC load times, I wouldn't have noticed so much. A me problem, probably. I was also playing off a Limited Run physical copy, and I dont know how that effected things either. However! Once a map loads, it is smooth sailing and really impressive.

Also to add onto this, it’s got cross save with the Steam version so you can always just move your save around depending on your mood, it fuckin rules

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So wait the guy who made Yu-Gi-Oh died and it was James Caan?

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Yes James Caan was sent to the Shadow Realm

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Yes it's literally unplayable.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
When we bought our new born home from hospital I was surprised that for the few weeks off I had I was able to poopsock the best part of a 2nd Elden ring clean up run for the platinum during the frequent naps. Now I am back at work and the baby is older I only get maybe an hour or 2 across a whole week to play games but it’s basically all on my switch in bed. Glad I upgraded the beloved old lovely neon one to a white oled!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

An Actual Princess posted:

i did hack it though

Imo that does make the og models pretty drat bad rear end, hopefully they get around to cracking the oled soon

A homebrew switch sounds like a ton of fun if my homebrew 3DS is anything to go by, hunting for random apps to try out or weird ports to check out is always a blast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

CBD Corndog posted:

Also to add onto this, it’s got cross save with the Steam version so you can always just move your save around depending on your mood, it fuckin rules

okay that's actually very enticing because i have it on steam but didn't play it.