Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So Trixie Slaughteraxe immediately is different from what I thought since from randomly posted panels and stuff I had always had the impression that grey-shirted lady was Trixie. Absolutely looking forward to reading this along with y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Sorry, I'll post another batch this quick both because I wanna but also because I posted the first one at an odd time.

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Hempuli posted:

Farlotta
Audrey, Klara, Lyndon and Trixie
The lost castle
Anything weird

Headlings

Pacifist Magic

Enchanted forest

Ready to go on?

Deaths: 1 (+1 headling)

Hempuli has a new favorite as of 15:58 on Jul 17, 2022

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lyndon's terrible magic system :allears:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Something I can't stop thinking about is how well Thorsby's comics work as webtoons.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Boba Pearl posted:

Something I can't stop thinking about is how well Thorsby's comics work as webtoons.

Well for starters, unlike most actual webtoons they don't space panels out with giant gutters between them so they're already ahead of the game

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Plus Trixie is good instead of bad, like most webtoons are.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

:lmao: Audrey is such a dick.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Page 1337 comics:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ten Earth Shattering Blows

Bonus epilogue panel:

And that's it, unfortunately :( There are some filler updates on the website highlighting some art fixes and updates that have been made to already-posted strips, but otherwise it's on hiatus for some weeks more until weekly updates start up for the next chapter. I still think it's a pretty fun ride while it lasts. There's a Kickstarter that just launched for a physical copy of the first three chapters if you're interested.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh shucks, the Kickstarter is only began yesterday and it's already nearing the goal!
Hopefully anything left over will be used to hasten the drawing of new chapters.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Squidster posted:

Qualia the Purple
Episode 09: 14-26 of 26

Qualia the Purple
Episode 10: 1 of 30

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I am on the edge of my loving seat

Here, a small Rice Boy while we wait

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Concerned: The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman

So, I've been getting a fair amount of e-mail about a line of dialogue from Half-Life 2: Episode 1. [MILD SPOILERS TO FOLLOW]

There's a part of the game where you can eavesdrop on two citizens sitting on a couch, and they say some pretty amusing things.

The line in question is: "I don't miss Dr. Breen, but I do miss his show. Remember when he had jugglers on?(dead link)"

A lot of people writing in about this are of the opinion that this is a reference, by Valve, to my comic. Well... I don't really think so myself. It's a bit of a stretch, and while I know certain people at Valve are aware of my comic, I just can't imagine them going out of their way to reference it in the game. (Plus, I've never had jugglers in the comic.) It's a nice thought, though! And thanks for writing to me about it, I didn't hear it the first time I played.

I pulled my favorite line out, and it's linked here in a .wav file, so you'll need your speakers on.

I don't really have any notes today, but I might have a review on my Extras page later of the SIN Episode, which I downloaded over Steam and played last week.

If you don't want to wait for the full review, here's a short version: Eh.

The benefits of using live spawns instead of posing can be two-fold. First, the metrocop firing his gun (into me, while I take picture through the static cam next to him) gets a nice flare on him from his gun, plus his spent shell casings go flying off into the air and, in the first panel, right into the camera. So, it looks a lot nicer than it would if I'd used an emitter for his gunfire.

I also love the detail of the game itself. The shell casing that's very close to camera in panel one, near the bottom, you can sort of see it has little scratches on it. That's just neat, especially for a non-object that quickly fades from sight when you're playing.

Getting the rebel to shoot in the last frame was harder -- since she doesn't try to kill me, I have to give her something to shoot at, so I spawned a bunch of city scanners and locked them into place a few feet away. The rebels tend to run around and fall back a bit more than the metrocops, so I sort of had to chase her around taking pictures. I felt like the paparazzi.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Apocalypse Johto—Battlefield Kanto Part 4: Silver Standard
Chapter 34: Power Surge

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I guess I did read a bit of Trixie Slaughteraxe sometime way back when, the intro is familiar but I don't think I could've read too far into it. I'm on board, after the last couple of his comics I think I'm in a better state to appreciate it.
Who knows, maybe I'll even be able to go back and give a Hitmen another shot eventually! :v:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
What's weird for me is that so far I think I overall prefer Hitmen's art, despite it being a lot rougher and uglier. Maybe because it's rougher and uglier, I dunno. The new art is good and much better and more consistent for sure but Hitmen's hydrocephalic homunculi have a certain charm

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
e. whoopsie daisy, thanks CC

At least it wasn't the Steam thread this time.

Kennel has a new favorite as of 20:28 on Jul 7, 2022

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Kennel posted:

Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

i think that you meant to post these in the newspaper comics thread

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And that Into Lives thing is ugly beyond understanding.

gay frog chemicals
May 27, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A lot of the comic strip megathread stuff is historical interest and hate-reading. Nobody thinks Dustin is good but lots of people think it's interesting to see how horrible the boomer mentality can get day-by-day.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

thetoughestbean posted:

The Enigma of Amigara Fault, Part 4. Read right to left

Let that be a lesson to you! Don't stay near weird holes

I remember reading this for the first time many years ago on these forums and it made me a lifelong fan. I want to post my fave Junji Ito short, Layers of Fear which as far as I know hasn't been printed in any of the new Viz collections yet.
Right to left.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I haven't read this one, looking forward to it.

I was all getting into the mystery, then the drat weather had to make us skip ahead 21 years

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

I am loving the amount of sitcom-esque farce in here lately.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Best thread

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

And that's a wrap on Extraordinary Repairs! The can-cans are apparently a memory wipe pill that the Avenger would use whenever he needed to restore the status quo in some of the standalone comics, but I don't remember ever seeing them. They're kind of a copout, but at least I think this is the only time they're used and he didn't give Camera 9 one.

Also you may have noticed that this issue wasn't scanlated quite as cleanly as the previous ones. I don't know the internals of the translation project, but I assume it's done on a user submission basis, and I know that whoever did this issue also went to the trouble of translating the appendix, so I can finally post one of those:

These largely dried up when the comics started to end on character vignettes, but they add a touch of worldbuilding when they're there.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I would jump out the emergency hatch and take my chances swimming back for that show. I once walked four hours to see great big sea and barenaked ladies at the same event

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Fagtastic posted:

Best thread

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The can-cans are apparently a memory wipe pill that the Avenger would use whenever he needed to restore the status quo in some of the standalone comics, but I don't remember ever seeing them.
Yeah, they were a thing that would pop up occasionally in some of the older comics.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

I would jump out the emergency hatch and take my chances swimming back for that show. I once walked four hours to see great big sea and barenaked ladies at the same event

https://twitter.com/wolloped/status/1545156671126663168

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost
I don't think it's been posted in here yet, but for any Extra Fabulous/Deogie fans there's a Kickstarter going on right now. Hardcover books of the comics, also some sort of card game if you're into that.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm not seeing the edit

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Why wouldn't it be "hup"?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

READING IS HARD

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

edit: lol, hadn't noticed that I edited an edit, as I also cannot read

Paper Tiger has a new favorite as of 02:33 on Jul 8, 2022

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU