Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going #1 overall?
Juraj Slafkovsky, LW
Shane Wright, C
Logan Cooley, C
David Jiricek, D
The Field
View Results

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Watching interviews/crowd shots, imo Shane Wright fell because he seems like he has just been coached on how to talk/act and it comes off as super awkward. He wasn’t even trying to smile when he shook Francis’ hand on stage lol

Compare that to Slaf who seems like a fun, chill dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

fartknocker posted:

It’s not the same if it’s not followed by Jets fans having a complete breakdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

CBJSprague24 posted:

We might get this from at least one set of locals here in a few minutes.

The goal horn going off was just :discourse:.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The Dirty Burger posted:

Watching interviews/crowd shots, imo Shane Wright fell because he seems like he has just been coached on how to talk/act and it comes off as super awkward. He wasn’t even trying to smile when he shook Francis’ hand on stage lol

Compare that to Slaf who seems like a fun, chill dude

But GMs want hockey robots and fun players are considered problematic and undedicated

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
it's the Stars turn!!! let's go!!!

Word on the street is that the Stars are picking a defenseman, but I think most people at this point are hoping for them to pick up the sliding Brad Lambert...

picking based on positional need can wait till the 2nd round! come on Dallas, do the right thing!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

WeaponX posted:

But GMs want hockey robots and fun players are considered problematic and undedicated
id wager that no nhl draft interview has produced any useful information.

even the guy who said he wanted to have dinner with hitler or whatever that was

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1545217440711311365

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

lol Tom Gaglardi is looking even fatter than I remember..

edit: yeaahhhh.. a big lumbering defenseman. Great.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Lol the stars drafted Tall Luca Sbisa

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Spring Break My Heart posted:

id wager that no nhl draft interview has produced any useful information.

even the guy who said he wanted to have dinner with hitler or whatever that was

the devils first round pick in 2006 said that john gotti was his idol

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffVeillette/status/1545217871705522178

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

stab posted:

Lol the stars drafted Tall Luca Sbisa

lol Pierre McGuire just made the Oleksiak comparison.. yeah I remember Jamie Oleksiak, he washed out of the organization before having his career resurrected by Crosby and the penguins!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Stars' owner is a fat guy, speaking of big bodies.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Starsfan posted:

lol Tom Gaglardi is looking even fatter than I remember..

edit: yeaahhhh.. a big lumbering defenseman. Great.

Pierre sounded ecstatic about the pick: “he’s got a big body…and he knows how to use it!”

Didn’t miss his commentary on teenagers at all

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Come on Yurov you can make it to Pittsburgh right?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I like Minnesota. Nice rink, nice town.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

I like Minnesota. Nice rink, nice town.

great jerseys, too

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Oof, it’s a canned response but boy the Kaprizov situation does not sound good.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Give me the Yurov please

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

great jerseys, too

Great aesthetic all around.

THE CAPS PICKED A RUSSIAN!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh hey, Oilers are going back to the royal blue
thank christ for that

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Sounds like the Capitals made a great selection there.. elite goalscoring talent at this point in the draft is a steal

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Schremp Howard posted:

Oof, it’s a canned response but boy the Kaprizov situation does not sound good.

No matter how good or bad the situation is, it is very sensitive and subject to change. It's a bad idea to publicly divulge information about it and he made the right call by zipping up.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Is there any chance Nemec plays this upcoming season? I wanted Slafkovsky but I think I'm happier with Nemec than a midget center.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Is there any chance Nemec plays this upcoming season? I wanted Slafkovsky but I think I'm happier with Nemec than a midget center.

Seems like he's physically big enough but that's only part of the battle

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

mcmagic posted:

I would expect them to give him a year in the A, but I do think they will also allow him to compete in camp for a bottom-pair spot and he could win it. Ty Smith seems like trade bait/on the way out/replaceable. I'm excited for the Devils' young guys now and I hope Nemec can make it next year, and I really hope Alex Holtz plays well in his time up.

I know it's felt like "this is the year they elevate themselves" a couple of times, but it really does feel that way over the next year or two. Fitzgerald has been really good as GM, the Devils have zero bad contracts, a good bunch of impact prospects/really young players, and a ton of cap space to go after a very good class of available free agents.

Goaltending is voodoo but if Kuemper isn't horribly long-term I would love to see them get him.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Really happy with Washington’s pick. Glad they went with high upside instead of the safe WHL defenseman they’ve been doing for years now.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

fawning deference posted:

No matter how good or bad the situation is, it is very sensitive and subject to change. It's a bad idea to publicly divulge information about it and he made the right call by zipping up.

Oh yeah I definitely agree. It’s pretty terrifying all around.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This seems like a player that Sullivan will love in 5-6 years

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fawning deference posted:

I would expect them to give him a year in the A, but I do think they will also allow him to compete in camp for a bottom-pair spot and he could win it. Ty Smith seems like trade bait/on the way out/replaceable. I'm excited for the Devils' young guys now and I hope Nemec can make it next year, and I really hope Alex Holtz plays well in his time up.

I know it's felt like "this is the year they elevate themselves" a couple of times, but it really does feel that way over the next year or two. Fitzgerald has been really good as GM, the Devils have zero bad contracts, a good bunch of impact prospects/really young players, and a ton of cap space to go after a very good class of available free agents.

Goaltending is voodoo but if Kuemper isn't horribly long-term I would love to see them get him.

Don't even mention Ty Smith. Hopefully they develop this dude differently/better.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Wright is 6'0", 200 lbs

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

mcmagic posted:

Don't even mention Ty Smith. Hopefully they develop this dude differently/better.

Sorry, it's just that I was high on Smith. Unfortunately he is defensively a train-wreck and not good enough offensively to nearly make up for it.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

want my gleb

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1545225151209476097

I'm afraid

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

lol jimmy snugaroo

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

Starsfan posted:

lol jimmy snugaroo

i actually had to wait to see the name because i knew what you posted couldn't be how his name was spelled

excellent name

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Jimmy Snuggerud sounds like he should be working alongside Margie Gunderson with the Brainerd police

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1545227236512448512

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Ladies and gentlemen, the Blackhawks

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Sure I'll take the cap space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Troy Queef posted:

Jimmy Snuggerud sounds like he should be working alongside Margie Gunderson with the Brainerd police

Oh you ain't dealin' in Crow Wing county no more, eh McGroarty? Well I got Jimmy Snuggerud in the other room singing a different song