Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just give me all the nobodies, like there must be a couple of John major era skeletons emerging to have another crack at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/HugoGye/status/1545370119412621313?s=20&t=oF3UgtiZXD43yZtPAjC7Ag

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

Well that’s nice timing for him.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

BOOOOOOOOOOO STITCH UP

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Typical of the woke mob infesting the Durham police that they'd spare their loony lefty idol Keirl Marx Starmer

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Too boring to even Break A Rule

He'll never be PM

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Surprising, as I'm sure the Tories were abusing their power to put pressure behind the scenes on the police to take action.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I don't pay that much attention to Boris, being a yank, but my political blog I read had a writeup of his fobbles. Holy poo poo, is this all true?

1. Being sacked twice for lying (including by a former Tory leader)
  2. Calling Muslim women who wear face coverings "bank robbers" and "letter boxes"
  3. Referring to gay men as "tank-topped bumboys"
  4. Referring to Africans a "piccaninnies" with "watermelon smiles"
  5. Insulting Barack Obama as "half-Kenyan"
  6. Making a Russian oligarch a member of the House of Lords over objections from security services
  7. Allegedly promising to supply the home address of a journalist being targeted for physical attack
  8. Allowing illegal booze-ups in Downing Street while the 'little people' couldn't see dying loved ones
  9. Making false denials about said booze-ups in Parliament
  10. Enabling a sexual predator with a well-founded reputation for being so by promoting him to a position of power over others and then feigning ignorance of this

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

That's all accurate apart from the thing about the Russian oligarch. Boris didn't even consult the security services over appointing the oligarch to the Lords. Also the oligarch's father is a former senior KGB agent and close friend of Putin.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Jedit posted:

That's all accurate apart from the thing about the Russian oligarch. Boris didn't even consult the security services over appointing the oligarch to the Lords. Also the oligarch's father is a former senior KGB agent and close friend of Putin.

...whom Boris met without any supervision

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

boooooooooo

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Jedit posted:

So you have a direct line from the UK government's house of Lords to Putin. MI5 must be going apeshit

:wtf:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Cimber posted:

I don't pay that much attention to Boris, being a yank, but my political blog I read had a writeup of his fobbles. Holy poo poo, is this all true?

2. Calling Muslim women who wear face coverings "bank robbers" and "letter boxes"
  6. Making a Russian oligarch a member of the House of Lords over objections from security services
  7. Allegedly promising to supply the home address of a journalist being targeted for physical attack
  8. Allowing illegal booze-ups in Downing Street while the 'little people' couldn't see dying loved ones
  10. Enabling a sexual predator with a well-founded reputation for being so by promoting him to a position of power over others and then feigning ignorance of this

He also spent £35 million on a bridge that didn't get built, and that nobody wanted anyway.

The defeaning silence around this tells you just how much the press actually cares bout fiscal responsibility.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Oh and breaking International law in a "controlled and limited way"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Also having met privately with the oligarch before promoting them to the lords. And that's not including regular attendance at Lebedev's Italian parties (which by all accounts would make herogasm look tame), which he visited as foreign secretary numerous times without any security or handlers - enough to potentially stack up a bunch of kompromat.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jul 8, 2022

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Oh and breaking International law in a "controlled and limited way"

On more than one occasion.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
It's funny because I feel like if anyone was going to just ignore being blackmailed by the Russians it's Boris.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

Cimber posted:

He was also a member of the Bullingdon Club, a lovely little society at his private school where one of the initiation rites was to burn a £50 in front of a homeless man, and they'd regularly go to restaurants and trash the place for a laugh. Neither thing has been confirmed as things that Boris actually did as far as I know, but he was part of the club, so...

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
11. Got brexit done

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I miss simpler times, when all I had to worry about with British Prime Minister was the rumours of their habit of fornicating with corpses of animals.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
If you are interested in the political bog's article I got that list from, including a writeup on who might replace Boris, its here: https://electoral-vote.com/

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

And that's all just the stuff we know about!

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Surprise T Rex posted:

He was also a member of the Bullingdon Club, a lovely little society at his private school where one of the initiation rites was to burn a £50 in front of a homeless man, and they'd regularly go to restaurants and trash the place for a laugh. Neither thing has been confirmed as things that Boris actually did as far as I know, but he was part of the club, so...
Don't forget this:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventy-Two_Virgins

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Cimber posted:

the political bog

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
This is all pretty moot really, but still a somewhat big deal at the time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_British_prorogation_controversy

Not to mention, he's a vicious racist homophobe i.e. a tory.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
This is hysterical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYEdTcBcNeI&t=12s

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
If the plotters are as conniving as they have been proven to be in the past they'd enthusiastically back a stalking horse, say, Suella Braverman, up to the member vote and then have them pull out over some minor scandal a la Andrea Leadsom to evict Boris quickly

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I just saw this.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/labour-no-confidence-boris-johnson-27428882

Now, being I'm an American and not intimately familiar with your polimentary procedure, isn't this a good move for the Labour party?

A) It succeeds. Johnson is removed, a GE is called, and Labour can claim "We did what the Conservatives could not, get rid of the worst PM the UK ever had."
B) It fails, but it forces all sorts of Torie MP's to hug Johnson and put them on record.

Is there any downside for Labour for calling this?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Labour are also massive wanks

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They suffer from Dem brain and :decorum:. As opposed to Lib Dem brain where you spend all day thinking about how to kill squirrels with plastic bags.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Cimber posted:

I just saw this.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/labour-no-confidence-boris-johnson-27428882

Now, being I'm an American and not intimately familiar with your polimentary procedure, isn't this a good move for the Labour party?

A) It succeeds. Johnson is removed, a GE is called, and Labour can claim "We did what the Conservatives could not, get rid of the worst PM the UK ever had."
B) It fails, but it forces all sorts of Torie MP's to hug Johnson and put them on record.

Is there any downside for Labour for calling this?

Officially, no there's no downside. However, it is likely to fail by a significant amount (the Tories, divided though they may be, do not want to risk an election right now). Labour are also comically short of money right now because they kept suing (and losing) people, and have pissed off all the unions.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Cimber posted:

It won’t lead to a general election, the Tory members will vote on a new leader.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Cimber posted:

All true, however for the sake of accuracy the picaninnies thing was an attempt at satire, it was from an opinion article about Tony Blair’s trip to Africa and implying that Blair was the racist colonist who expected to see crowds of black stereotypes cheering him.

It’s poo poo satire from a hypocrite though so gently caress him. The half Kenyan thing was a direct dig into Obama implying he hates Britain because of his heritage.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jul 8, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Cimber posted:

He's also a serial adulterer and one wrote an islamophobic, anti-semitic and generally racist novel.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Serial adulterer? I'd stake a small but significant amount of money that he's a parallel adulterer.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

All of this is a long con from Musk to get the perfect Tesla CEO candidate before it implodes.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I don't know why people ever gave a poo poo about his adulteries or how many kids he had.

You don't need to grasp at straws with that man.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

wrote an islamophobic, anti-semitic and generally racist novel.
I'd give the novel a pass because fiction is allowed to be all kinds of that without endorsing behaving that way in real life, and I get the impression that a bit like the watermelon articles it's more like a "ha ha you couldn't really say that", except that a significant fraction of his admirers haven't grasped that you couldn't really say that and I think he's so far wrapped up in Bozza Legend now that I'm not sure that he does either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

All of this is a long con from Musk to get the perfect Tesla CEO candidate before it implodes.

No, the long con is Boris is going to unrevoke his US citizenship, run for President, then appoint himself ambassador to the UK. All accusations against him then become invalid due to diplomatic immunity, so he is restored to his position as PM.