Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

CODChimera posted:

that makes it even funnier and weirder
Yeah like they'll throw lobster bits into Kraft Mac and cheese and charge you 20 bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

shyduck posted:

Like depending what you get you could probably go to Longhorn steakhouse and have as good of a meal for 1/3rd of the price
Morton's has (had?) an upside-down apple pie that was really good

but otherwise, probably, yeah. at Morton's you're paying for the presentation

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

CODChimera posted:

that makes it even funnier and weirder

He’s still a rapist, bigoted white trash male. The black robes and scotus position won’t ever change that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Glumwheels posted:

Morton is an upscale steak house for pretentious trash like beer chudge. It’s expensive chain dining for people who don’t know better and think they’re too good for Olive Garden but are too basic for Michelin star restaurants.

I would not pay for Morton’s, el gaucho, Ruth’s Chris, Daniel’s Broiler etc. because the steaks, sides etc are all severely overpriced and not anything special. If you want to spend that money, go somewhere for better food and experience like a local upscale restaurant or find a Michelin star place.

you’re not paying for quality. you pay to not be around poors

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Bethamphetamine posted:

About loving time. And I'm looking forward to CHUD states banning California insulin imports. It just boggles my mind that any state could have started to manufacture drugs at anytime to supplement their budget, but nobody has.

All the politicians are bought off by rich people or transition between government and "jobs" with the companies they give preferential treatment to while they were in office effectively being bought while in office and then doing a mafia style fake job where they just draw a paycheck
There's negative incentive for politicians to actually do anything because the primary goal of the rich over the past 70 years has been to cripple the government so that they can exploit people with greater and greater efficiency. So if a politician did something good for society they'd ruin their career, get blackmailed, or killed

Kill the rich imho. Nothing can ever be accomplished with rich people around.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CODChimera posted:

one of the most surprising things about america to me was just how these people are out and about in the real world doing normal things and not like hiding in fortresses with private chefs

how expensive is that restaurant? is it like vip only or what's going on?

It's in the heart of the business district. You don't see a lot of people who don't have business there.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

king.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

8-1 scotus actually have all rights even the banned ones

the 1 being amy coney barrett wanting to overturn interracial marriage

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hell yeah, cheezer day at the office, and omelet bar for breakfast

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Glumwheels posted:

Morton is an upscale steak house for pretentious trash like beer chudge. It’s expensive chain dining for people who don’t know better and think they’re too good for Olive Garden but are too basic for Michelin star restaurants.

I would not pay for Morton’s, el gaucho, Ruth’s Chris, Daniel’s Broiler etc. because the steaks, sides etc are all severely overpriced and not anything special. If you want to spend that money, go somewhere for better food and experience like a local upscale restaurant or find a Michelin star place.

I've been to Morton's in King of Prussia once, the steak was good but not amazing.

If I was paying for the meal though I'd have been pissed.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hrmm, right wing nationalism appears to have some drawbacks even for the people in charge of the movement
https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976?s=20&t=tmOBvWKm50AzXjoxXgEqyA

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

TeenageArchipelago posted:

the 1 being amy coney barrett wanting to overturn interracial marriage

Thinking of a sitcom starring the Thomases and their marital struggles during the January 6th hearings and calling it "Loving Virginia"

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

bless those protesters

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
https://twitter.com/wittlett/status/1545250772165730307

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1545295906031153152?s=21&t=RVRmSy2x17exHHgmOULVhA

it all seems so simple outside of the US

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

lol Just make up crimes and say you thwarted mass shootings BING BING BONG

https://twitter.com/broadcastben_/status/1545167459656794121

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Plinkey posted:

Cheers

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Bethamphetamine posted:

lol Just make up crimes and say you thwarted mass shootings BING BING BONG

https://twitter.com/broadcastben_/status/1545167459656794121

Holy poo poo

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Big deal. There are mortons in other states without protestors. He can just go to those states if he wants to eat at mortons

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

https://twitter.com/fr33domflu/status/1545381351318331394?s=21&t=6dAPpbDPtDJjEouqMH2eLg

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Can't you all just let these old men remove your civil liberties in peace, drat it

this is not who we are

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Red Baron posted:

I like to think that there’s a corollary where there is often an inverse relationship between the ramshackle nature of a place and its food being wildly delicious.

for example one of the best Korean BBQ taco places near me is in a space deep in an industrial park

this is the secret of the otherwise mind-numbingly boring northern expanse of Dallas and its suburbs. There are so many fantastic Asian, Mexican, South American, etc etc etc places in bland strip malls that appear every mile or so, sometimes on each corner of a large intersection.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Incredible how his lifetime of sex pestery and obvious decline was just brushed aside.

Impressive

are you talking about trump or Biden

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
Lots of Dallas strip malls have a strip mall in the parking lot

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Plinkey posted:

Wow! What a Friday!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I am also a dumbass that won't stop posting.

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1545394120918646784

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

emfive posted:

this is the secret of the otherwise mind-numbingly boring northern expanse of Dallas and its suburbs. There are so many fantastic Asian, Mexican, South American, etc etc etc places in bland strip malls that appear every mile or so, sometimes on each corner of a large intersection.

I've found that Mexican food inside a Mexican grocery is 9 times out of 10 better than any restaurant, and I'm just so bummed I learned it so late in life.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/QHvcRHb.mp4

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

shyduck posted:

Like depending what you get you could probably go to Longhorn steakhouse and have as good of a meal for 1/3rd of the price

or go to my local butcher get a piece of prime meat and grill it myself.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

how many omelettes can you fit in your mouth plinkey

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:same:

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

The old Sears in the mall near me is now a church??

Another department store went out of business and it's now a Round1. Which was cool before the whole pandemic hit.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

CaptainBeefart posted:

Another department store went out of business and it's now a Round1. Which was cool before the whole pandemic hit.
There were plans to build a Round1 in an old Sears nearby and the pandemic hosed it up :cry:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

reveal urself Scott adams I know you’re here somewhere

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

CaptainBeefart posted:

Great! I use to go to Sears every Sunday so nothing has changed :mmmhmm:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:stare:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
https://twitter.com/VRSJMS/status/1545162681748963333

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

This chud is banking on his arrest and arraignment giving him the edge to win in the Michigan primary next month.

he's probably right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

I am still just absolutely enraged by this guy's earlier tweet about how his step son had to die because it was too hard to love him. What an absolute piece of poo poo