Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if you go into the collector device menu you can actually reset progress on your current step, if you picked up the wrong thing or ran into the wrong element etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Zenostein posted:

She also lives outside the city so she can make up terrible excuses to not go to work. Land of contrasts.

That collecter event got a lot less annoying once I realized I could just make whatever robots I wanted to keep, and also a voucher for whomever on my friendlist. Still doesn't mean it isn't annoying having to wander all over the drat place trying to find a slime or something to electrocute you (while also keeping your feet dry), only to have to come back to the guy.

You could stand next to a fire flower for pyro , next to an electro crystal or one of those orbs all over inazuma for electro, or just in any old water for hydro.

They applications don't have to be in one go.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Happy Underpants posted:

My distaste for Yelan was cemented with the ruin serpent fight. I was grinding the boss fight way before I got to that point in the chasm storyline so the battle was pretty rote for me. So it's effortless until, for no reason at all, Paimon says we're helpless and then a mysterious stranger saves the day with one shot. Sure. fine. The nail in the coffin was the Perilous Trail event where she's still unflappable and five steps ahead but then reveals: She Had An Ancestor!! gently caress me.

My only complaint isn't that she's poorly written it's that she isn't written at all. If you gave her story to an NPC, you would never think twice about clicking through it.

Shoulda promoted Vile :colbert:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Is Klee better than Diluc?

Sort of? Diluc + low constellation XQ will outdamage similar setup klee. But a high constellation XQ + klee will outdamage the same setup with diluc. Once diluc gets constellations he'll outdamage klee and klee's constellations are garbo.

Klee generates so much pyro that you need XQ at high constellation and you cant burst. If you have yelan + XQ then klee can burst and instead of charge attacking just stutter attack for maximum damage.

Its stupid, mono pyro has been klee's strongest build because she just generates too much pyro by herself so its hard to vape the damage correctly. I hope dendro reactions actually benefit from strong pyro applications, that and a new set/catalyst might put klee in a better spot.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Ytlaya posted:

Is Klee better than Diluc?

Good question?

Diluc's big issue is that he has no niche, on account of Xiangling pre-powercreeping him in all his roles. So you could say Klee is better than Diluc, on account of her having some niche, instead of no niche. But Klee's niche is having high multitarget damage + high pyro application, which actually isn't really ever all that useful. Final answer: Yeah? But not enough to be worth pulling for unless you love her playstyle.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its stupid, mono pyro has been klee's strongest build because she just generates too much pyro by herself so its hard to vape the damage correctly. I hope dendro reactions actually benefit from strong pyro applications, that and a new set/catalyst might put klee in a better spot.

She's gonna be mid forever unless we get some sort of blizzard strayer set for pyro, just due to the nature of her attacks. Her kit just isn't built for amp reactions like the other pyros. I doubt it's gonna happen, seeing as how mhy seems to think that blizzard strayer is too strong.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 7, 2022

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

getting annoyed at waiting for serpent stacks so i impulse roll for stonethresher but still need to dump ~70 rolls to get past a memory of dust

weapon banner,

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

dogsicle posted:

if you go into the collector device menu you can actually reset progress on your current step, if you picked up the wrong thing or ran into the wrong element etc.

Yeah, I did eventually notice the tiny reset button, after quite a while of wondering why there wasn't one :v:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

You could stand next to a fire flower for pyro , next to an electro crystal or one of those orbs all over inazuma for electro, or just in any old water for hydro.

They applications don't have to be in one go.

Yeah, but it's easier to find a torch or just walk up to the electro cube and let it smack you a bit. Easier than hoping some hilchurl doesn't spot you and shoot you with an electro arrow while you're just trying to stand in the ocean. I definitely did not forget about the electro crystals

Then again, the thing seems to work off majorities, like I had a single rock and 4 flowers and it gave me the flower version of the thing I was trying to make.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Zenostein posted:

Then again, the thing seems to work off majorities, like I had a single rock and 4 flowers and it gave me the flower version of the thing I was trying to make.

I think it's percentages, so you had an 80% chance of flower stuff and 20% chance of rock stuff. My girlfriend did something similar and ended up with the less common item

Kale
May 14, 2010

Space Opera posted:

I hope sometime in 3.x they let us decide which 2 regions we want to pick from for the battle pass talent books. Mondstat has the most characters by far and the most annoying talent dungeon, just let me passively collect books to crown Jean and Benny damnit!

Is that the one with the cryo effect that gives you basically zero stamina all the time and slows your movements to a crawl cause that one is tedious as all gently caress for sure.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Kale posted:

Is that the one with the cryo effect that gives you basically zero stamina all the time and slows your movements to a crawl cause that one is tedious as all gently caress for sure.

The trick there is to use the complete unexplained elemental cleanse mechanic to remove the cryo from yourself whenever the totem in the middle of the domain fires off. It's the one thing Xinyan is good at.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Maxwell Adams posted:

The trick there is to use the complete unexplained elemental cleanse mechanic to remove the cryo from yourself whenever the totem in the middle of the domain fires off. It's the one thing Xinyan is good at.

That's what I was saying! Xinyan is the best. Jean and Bennet's burst, will save you from that domain's effect too.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

gandlethorpe posted:

A lot of Chongyun's less reserved personality is relegated to voice lines from other characters and random notes found in Liyue (i.e. notes on bulletin boards). Hot food or listening to rock music makes him black out but also the life of the party.

This is very endearing and funny

Kale
May 14, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

A lot of Chongyun's less reserved personality is relegated to voice lines from other characters and random notes found in Liyue (i.e. notes on bulletin boards). Hot food or listening to rock music makes him black out but also the life of the party.

There seems to be a sizeable chunk of players that just never read the archive and voice lines flavor text stuff that reveals a fair bit of lore and backstory and/or just outright mash through the text and dialogue cause "too much". Like just resin and rolls basically. The game does tend to bury this stuff at times but I dont know if some people just don't know or never cared. I'd argue a lot of the games appeal is in its lore and characters though and not the wish system or resin system but maybe thats me.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kale posted:

There seems to be a sizeable chunk of players that just never read the archive and voice lines flavor text stuff that reveals a fair bit of lore and backstory and/or just outright mash through the text and dialogue cause "too much". Like just resin and rolls basically. The game does tend to bury this stuff at times but I dont know if some people just don't know or never cared. I'd argue a lot of the games appeal is in its lore and characters though and not the wish system or resin system but maybe thats me.

People would care more if it wasn't written like a high school writing assignment with a desperate student trying trying to reach an arbitrary word count limit.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It would be nice to see "regisvine" type bosses for every ascension material, which only drop a couple. Then "hypostasis" type bosses for all the same materials, but dropping a couple more. Finally, there should be actual unique-mechanic bosses e.g. geo wolf, oceanid for all the same materials who drop the most. Increasing in difficulty obviously, and accessed through the same arena for each using a pillar or something like they did for the childa/xinyan combat event or the weekly bosses.

Same resin, harder/longer fight, more materials. Win win.

Kale posted:

There seems to be a sizeable chunk of players that just never read
Imagine that.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I'll engage with any cutscene the game deems to be worth voicing and animating, but the majority of the unvoiced dialogue in this game is padded to poo poo.

dogsicle posted:

getting annoyed at waiting for serpent stacks so i impulse roll for stonethresher but still need to dump ~70 rolls to get past a memory of dust

weapon banner,

I'm trying so hard to not pull on it, I know I'd get screwed because I only have enough wishes for one pity saved up.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I hope once Dendro comes out and completes the element roster, they can revamp the ascension material distribution or even the entire system. It's pretty terrible design that characters are gated based on when they were added to the game rather than anything that makes sense to their character's attributes. The worse offender is Shenhe, who ascends from a boss found in another realm the entrance of which isn't even from her country of origin.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

I hope once Dendro comes out and completes the element roster, they can revamp the ascension material distribution or even the entire system. It's pretty terrible design that characters are gated based on when they were added to the game rather than anything that makes sense to their character's attributes. The worse offender is Shenhe, who ascends from a boss found in another realm the entrance of which isn't even from her country of origin.

Shenhe and Yun Jin

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

At least Yun Jin's boss is related to Geo. And Shinobu was involved in Chasm events. There's zero relation between Shenhe and Enkanomiya.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I prefer they churn out bosses. Farming up five characters on electro hypostasis got a little old.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think the answer is just adding azoth conversion recipes for boss mats based on what elemental gems they drop (e.g. cryo cube, vine, primo vishap?, kenki etc can all convert into each other). disincentivizes prefarming just enough that they could probably feel good about it while removing most of the inconvenience new bosses can bring. plus azoth still has its limitations...though i'd feel more comfortable if it had a more limited source that didn't require gacha rolls.

Shere posted:

I'm trying so hard to not pull on it, I know I'd get screwed because I only have enough wishes for one pity saved up.

i mostly held off assuming Sumeru would bait me hard, but turns out that wasn't the case with this first set of characters (and thus i didn't need to save weapon pity for a new 5* bow either). so while it was still a big loss short term, i still have enough for a decent try at Heizou and save for 3.1+

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

No Wave posted:

I prefer they churn out bosses. Farming up five characters on electro hypostasis got a little old.
Add new bosses, but also add a material dropped by new bosses (it can have a cap so people can't super-bank it if that's a concern) that lets you turn one old boss's ascension material into the newer boss's material.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It's gonna be really funny when they eventually add Alice or Varka and they take Snezhnaya mats. :v:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
At least the cubes/flowers all have their gemstones on point. Heizou may cause me to run out of anemo crystals because the last bosses I farmed for anemo characters (Sayu, Kazuha) barely dropped any crystals at all. I know I can convert them, but still

Kale
May 14, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Yeah the mats used per character has pretty much always coincided strongly with whatever bosses were? released in the same patch as they were. I remember the event boss hydra thing dropped the first two items you meeded to ascend Shenhe from level 40 to 50 then you had to schlep all the way to the end of the Enkanomiya quest to be able to farm more and that was the most new player friendly it got really.

Boogle posted:

People would care more if it wasn't written like a high school writing assignment with a desperate student trying trying to reach an arbitrary word count limit.

What the archive stuff like books and poo poo you unlock from ascending and raising character friendship rankings or NPC dialogue during non flagship events that generally follows the formula of small lore dump about and the world outside the explorable areas into zany sometimes lost in translation feeling Paimon/Eccentric NPC banter?

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 7, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Kazuha doesn't even use Inazuma books.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Well, Tartaglia doesn't use his nation's books either. Their homelands weren't available when they were released. At least Kazuha can be explained as him being exiled to Liyue. Not sure why Tartaglia's are in Mondstadt, but I guess freedom suits him.

Kazuha's an interesting situation though, with his boss and local mats being Inazuman that were available beforehand. He's not the only one whose bosses and talents aren't from the same nation though. Most of the release characters are that way.

On a different note, but Dendro-related, it'll be interesting to see if they add a Dendro representative from Mondstadt. There's like zero mention of Dendro there aside from the slimes.

Kale
May 14, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Yeah he came during chapter 1 still where you could pre grind some of his boss drop stuff in the golden islands. Only Inazuma character to be released before Inazuma. Before Ayaka even who was in the beta but held back to coincide with her region. Theres sort of a lore out I guess in that he's affiliated with Beidou's crew.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i'm really seeing the hydro/electro gaps here, courtesy of mr. snake. didn't realize Dvalin had been single-handedly providing my anemo stocks since i finished raising Sayu though.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

There are still bosses that I haven't even seen because I haven't rolled any characters that use their mats (Hydro cube and the big vishap), which is kinda funny.

Also I guess I'm building up Chongyun since last thing I did before the break was rolling Shenhe, who goes well with them? Rosaria? XQ? I don't have Kazuha and please don't say Sucrose, every team I make has Sucrose, she is the killer of gods and monsters

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Anemo MC :v:
viridescent venerer is pretty op. sayu works too if you've got her. sucrose is the best though

you probably want to run either 3 cryo + 1 anemo or 2 cryo + 1 hydro + 1 anemo, although i wouldn't recommend chongyun for the freeze team since he has a habit of unfreezing stuff due to being a claymore dude, you'd be better off with shenhe+rosaria+xq

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 8, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Traveller posted:

There are still bosses that I haven't even seen because I haven't rolled any characters that use their mats (Hydro cube and the big vishap), which is kinda funny.

Also I guess I'm building up Chongyun since last thing I did before the break was rolling Shenhe, who goes well with them? Rosaria? XQ? I don't have Kazuha and please don't say Sucrose, every team I make has Sucrose, she is the killer of gods and monsters

Diona is perfect for Shenhe. It's just flat damage, and Diona's hold skill uses the quills the fastest outside of Ayaka.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I've been running Shen Yun Chonghe with Kazuha/Zhongli for most weekly bosses now. It's got tons of +ATK, +DMG, and -RES stacking, and capable of using up all Shenhe's quills. Losing freeze isn't such a big deal with Zhongli's burst.

Good enough burst damage to skip Signora's time waste attack

https://i.imgur.com/uuVCBBS.mp4

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

In my quest to just never actually finish any project ever I've been revisiting Diluc as my one and only 5* Pyro in prep for his really unfairly good looking skin.

I need a better hat & flower (lol 4* flower) and talent levels and poo poo but he's more than sufficient for most content even now.

And here's the art source because it's really dang good art.

https://twitter.com/ngkhyn/status/1544159280881967104

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

He's batman

Kale
May 14, 2010

e: Never mind figured out the top up site again. Anyway looking like I'm probably not getting Shinobu as I plan on going no higher than one more 10 roll on the Itto banner near the end and capping at 40 on the pity counter. No biggie, not a hugely sought after character and one that I can get some other time perhaps.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jul 8, 2022

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

After getting all of the Inazuma electroculus and levelling the statues to 10, I have an extra electroculus. While I only have 550 or so items in my bag it kind of feels like random quest items makes up 10%-20% of it.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Rexxed posted:

After getting all of the Inazuma electroculus and levelling the statues to 10, I have an extra electroculus. While I only have 550 or so items in my bag it kind of feels like random quest items makes up 10%-20% of it.

There's always an extra. You should have a surplus anemo and geo one as well.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Pope Urbane II posted:

There's always an extra. You should have a surplus anemo and geo one as well.

I don't think I do, but I may have stopped looking when I finished up the statues!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

gandlethorpe posted:

I've been running Shen Yun Chonghe with Kazuha/Zhongli for most weekly bosses now. It's got tons of +ATK, +DMG, and -RES stacking, and capable of using up all Shenhe's quills. Losing freeze isn't such a big deal with Zhongli's burst.

Good enough burst damage to skip Signora's time waste attack

https://i.imgur.com/uuVCBBS.mp4

Oh right, C6 Chongyun can magdump those things with his Q.

Wonder when she'll rerun, I missed her the first time around.