Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i can’t believe nobody picked up on “Arthur Knight” as being obviously something an American made up on the spot

“Prince Philip? No, officer, my name is, uh… Washington… Slavery”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s kind of bananas that Rossi/Knight would be the absolute main character of any normal murder mystery cult story but he’s like only the 3rd most insane liar in this story and also somehow keeps escaping and doing more insane sex crimes

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s kind of bananas that Rossi/Knight would be the absolute main character of any normal murder mystery cult story but he’s like only the 3rd most insane liar in this story and also somehow keeps escaping and doing more insane sex crimes

while also hosting a podcast

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Stevie Lee posted:

while also hosting a podcast

A damning indictment of podcast hosts everywhere

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bigoted
Racist
Albanian
Child
Eradicator

What does everyone else think B.R.A.C.E. stands for?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Being
Really
About
Conspiracy
Experiences

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Butt
Rectum
rear end
Crapping
Enema

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Bust
Rodd’s
Awesome
Chum,
Extraordinaire

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Baldur's Gate 2
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Asheron's Call
Carmageddon
Ecco the Dolphin

Clearly it's his favorite games.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Hell yeah Recluse is back on the pod, let's go down the rabbit hole

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Omnicarus posted:

Baldur's Gate 2
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Asheron's Call
Carmageddon
Ecco the Dolphin

Clearly it's his favorite games.
Gamemaster Brace is a canonical Everquest fan, tho

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Omnicarus posted:

Baldur's Gate 2
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Asheron's Call
Carmageddon
Ecco the Dolphin

:hmmyes:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
This guest SUCKS

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Guest is fine, the lore is GREAT. As a Utah born man, I can corroborate that natsec woerdness has a presence in the Utah milieu and they all got someone who goes to the nerd store in town. Follow the wargames, you will find the nexus population that intersects all these spook rear end organizations and stories.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Utah is where natsec like to build their data-centers, so yeah

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The guest had excellent content and I would almost certainly punch them in the face if they were within 35 feet of me IRL, both things can true.

Nobody can beat my dream boat husbando Seth, best guest and ultra hunk Seth, Team Seth

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
does bust rodd have mister fantastic style stretching powers or something

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Malcolm Excellent posted:

This guest SUCKS
“hey let’s take these badly-presented Utah episodes and bring on some twitter crackpot to ~*make it gladio*~”

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Goast posted:

does bust rodd have mister fantastic style stretching powers or something

Most medium sized creatures have a move of about 30 ft per turn, and you can (usually) do one move, and one attack, barring any other class based bonus actions you get.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

medium sized creatures

okay now, that is stretching it

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

This guest SUCKS

he's so bad, i couldn't finish the ep

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The entire Utah series has been terrible imo. I guess it's interesting if you are from Utah and/or know the context but if you don't it's almost impossible to follow.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Omnicarus posted:

The entire Utah series has been terrible imo. I guess it's interesting if you are from Utah and/or know the context but if you don't it's almost impossible to follow.

i havent listened to any of it because this is the impression i got just from reading the descriptions and im glad i was right.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I don’t agree, I think it’s been a great series about a weird state I hate and have only visited a handful of times. The Hypno-Devil rape psychiatrist is a legitimately terrifying villain

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Listening to meme shooter deconstruction in the Asian mart looking for that Eight Elephants brand Thai jasmine rice. I'm stopped dead in my tracks when Liz explains the Stagnant Nowness as I have ascended into a higher plane of onlinification.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Utah episodes are good and it really isn’t that hard to follow.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I didn't mind the first two, but that guy just droning on and on in the third one... Man

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think Liz and Brace are the only conspiracy brained people in the movement with any perspective or a single drop of charisma between them, they're both great and nearly every guest they have without fail is a droning moron telling us about how the moon landing was faked by domestic gladio

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

I didn't mind the first two, but that guy just droning on and on in the third one... Man
surely they’re getting poo poo for having on these loving crackpots

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

TenementFunster posted:

surely they’re getting poo poo for having on these loving crackpots

I don't even mind guys that are goofballs on the show. He was just awful to listen to. Negative charisma

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

I don't even mind guys that are goofballs on the show. He was just awful to listen to. Negative charisma
and housetrotter isn’t much better

i don’t want to *hear* posting

MasonReese
Oct 8, 2004

This is gross misconduct!
Yeah next time they let housetrotter make the episode run long on I am switching back to LPOTL. Just easier to comprehend.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

im a ben liker

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
new episode adjacent: buzzfeed's founder wrote his dissertation on Deleuze and Guattari like 10 years before he created the site, entitled: "Capitalism and Schizophrenia: Contemporary Visual Culture and the Acceleration of Identity Formation/Dissolution."

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Danger posted:

new episode adjacent: buzzfeed's founder wrote his dissertation on Deleuze and Guattari like 10 years before he created the site, entitled: "Capitalism and Schizophrenia: Contemporary Visual Culture and the Acceleration of Identity Formation/Dissolution."

:eyepop:

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Buzzfeed founder posted:

In the time that it has taken to write and publish this paper, Internet shopping has entered mainstream culture. Every major corporation in the world has a web site offering product information, interactive advertisements, and, increasingly, the ability to buy products on-line. Discount books (https://www.amazon.com), pizza delivery (https://www.pizzanet.net), stocks (https://www.schwab.com), and just about anything else you can imagine (virtumall.com) are available for purchase in cyberspace. Internet based commerce exemplifies and extends the trends in capitalism that this paper attempts to elucidate. In particular, World Wide Web shopping accelerates the rate at which a shopper can acquire products. The only thing that separates an advertisement from a purchase is a couple of mouse clicks. My central contention is that late capitalism not only accelerates the flow of capital, but also accelerates the rate at which subjects assume identities. Identity formation is inextricably linked to the urge to consume, and therefore the acceleration of capitalism necessitates an increase in the rate at which individuals assume and shed identities. The internet is one of many late capitalist phenomena that allow for more flexible, rapid, and profitable mechanisms of identity formation.

quote:

and profitable mechanisms of identity formation.

quote:

quote:

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

same

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Yeah he's good

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
brother, if jacking off to Gundam pilots is wrong,