Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

SlimGoodbody posted:

I've already involuntarily seen Malenia/Let Me Solo Her rule 34 on my Twitter timeline, please do not speak new curses into existence.

Im 1000% sure that already exists and has existed for months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

AnEdgelord posted:

Im 1000% sure that already exists and has existed for months

That's how the Rune of Rule 34 works, though; you speak the curse into existence and it becomes retroactively true.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

they should restore the cut content where torrent transforms into an armored core and you pilot it against elden beast

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
If they don't put a Torrent reference in the next AC game when it drops in 2035, I will sternly continue to buy every single Fromsoft product immediately.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
My uncle works at dark souls and he told me they’re gonna patch Elden Beast to let you ride Torrent in the same patch that they balance Bloodhound Step

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I'm ready for Ranni Union's flagship core the Y01-TORRENT equipped with the LS-MOONLIGHT and HLR01-RAISIN

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

You can't ride Torrent because he was actually the elden beast the whole time and you've brought him exactly where he wanted to be

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
It's such a shame because torrent is your most powerful asset and holds up the entire hero's journey.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I think that you should be able to get more Torrents. You should be able to recruit Radahn's horsey and ride that around too. You should also be able to rescue Hoarah Loux's big kitty and pet it and ride around on it.

nopants
May 29, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm honestly a little scared of eventually doing a pure melee build because I'm such a caster guy at heart and not having my ranged crutches to fall back on will be tough. I'm having a lot of fun with my faith/int build though. Enjoying it even more than my pure int guy. The faith spells rock.

I think a hypothetical third run for me would be an arcane/bleed build. I guess dex/arcane.

you can do a really tanky faith/strength build. It'll be hard to get enough endurance to powerstance giant hammers, but there are some awesome faith/strength scaling greatswords and greatspears.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Part of me wonders if the decision to remove torrent might have been motivated in part by concern about comparisons to BOTW. I don't think it's likely but it's possible. Other than that the only other reason i can think of is probably Miyazaki just didn't want it for whatever reason (or maybe there was a technical issue)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

JBP posted:

It's such a shame because torrent is your most powerful enemy and holds up almost the entire hero's death count.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
You should be able to get 0 Torrents. Mounts are bad and should be banned.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sum Gai posted:

Counterpoint, that Zullie video showed that dragonflies and trolls have mount points so we should have at least 2 more mount options.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Sum Gai posted:

In the distance, Radahn can be heard roaring in fury...

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
buff moonveil!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ruwrIHesU

Another Dirty Dish
Oct 8, 2009

:argh:
If, like me, you continuously forget to apply/reapply buffs, thinking “how much do they actually help”, here’s some motivation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFg36wlvWg4

By the end, he’s buffed over 6x damage :allears:

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Two days ago, I fought Malenia for the first time. My mimic tear and I easily get through her first form, and then halfway through her second form, my 20-month-old walks into the kitchen and starts crying. I think "no big deal, I'm obviously overpowered for this fight", so I drop the controller and go into the kitchen to see what's up.

It's now about 60 Malenia fight attempts later. I have seen the second form maybe eight times, and usually get wiped out immediately by her opening dive and explosion, which I have no memory of even encountering on the first attempt.

Why was my daughter crying you ask? She saw a dark spot in the wood flooring that she thought was an ant.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Got Sword of Night and Flame at long last and it seems pretty good so far. Weapon arts are good and the melee damage seems surprisingly decent. It attacks very fast too.

I'm feeling a little Talisman starved already. I only have two slots but there's so many I wanna use that even when I unlock a third slot I know it still won't feel like enough.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I'm trying to think of one memorable boss from this game and the best I can do is "the one I rode away from for 5 hours and then one shotted" or "uhhhhhhhhhh"

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Rykard is one of the most memorable bosses fromsoft has ever made.

Nowwwwe willll write tha posts, togethaaa!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Disco Pope posted:

I'm trying to think of one memorable boss from this game and the best I can do is "the one I rode away from for 5 hours and then one shotted" or "uhhhhhhhhhh"

Seems you were your own worst enemy here. Embrace advertsity and spend two hours ramming your face against them the first time you find them and they'll be much more memorable!

Alienwarez
Feb 9, 2004

Who is a good youtuber or streamer to watch play through the game for the first time? I just finished my 150 hour first playthrough (Giant Crusher smash!) and want to watch someone else play through. I did watch Saint Riot's run already and enjoyed that.

Alienwarez fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 8, 2022

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Someone has never been to Volcano Manor

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Disco Pope posted:

loving commander o Neil and his goddamn twin

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Someone has never been to Volcano Manor

The actual Manor is my favourite "dungeon" (when I mean dungeon, zone that isn't considered open, not letting you use Torrent) in the entire game.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
After playing Elden Ring for about 2,5 playthroughs, the only thing I would change is the aggressive reuse of bosses, even if that would result in a smaller game.

There's already a lot of bosses and enemies so it's not like the game's lacking content.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Disco Pope posted:

Seems like a you problem, Radahn, Rykard, Melania and Godfrey were instant memes almost as soon as the game came out

Alienwarez
Feb 9, 2004

I thought that most of the main bosses you get rememberances from were pretty memorable. The Ancestor Spirit with it's music was really amazing, and the Godskin Noble/Apostle fights were really unique too. Not to mention Rykard.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Disco Pope posted:

Boss who hurdles at you like a comet in phase 2 and who you get to fight with a legion of your bros? Boss who is a giant snake who pulls a sword out of his mouth? Astel? Placudax?

I will say as Frome games go though my favorite/most memorable boss is still the Chariot boss in DS2. That's just such a fun gimmick the first time you do it.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Astel for me as a melee was very memorable because when I saw him again I groaned and said "jesus christ not this rear end in a top hat "

One of my most memorable fights is probably the godskin apostle in the windmill village. Totally took me by surprise, maybe the first one I'd encountered? fun fight

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Alienwarez posted:

Who is a good youtuber or streamer to watch play through the game for the first time? I just finished my 150 hour first playthrough (Giant Crusher smash!) and want to watch someone else play through. I did watch Saint Riot's run already and enjoyed that.

I've been enjoying Playframe's blind playthrough, though his obliviousness can be slightly frustrating occasionally.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I had no idea you could make that impossibly long looking jump on the Raya Academy rooftop. I tried a few times my first play and died so I gave up, but you actually can. Doesn't lead to a whole lot. I think I found a Darkmoon Xbow and another Burger King Crown. Cool, though.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I was dicking around in NG++ in an area of Atlus Plateau I hadn't been before and witnessed a tower evaporate as soon as I started passing it on the clifftops. Went down and discovered the Mirage Rise for the first time in 238hrs. This game loving rules.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Ginette Reno posted:

I had no idea you could make that impossibly long looking jump on the Raya Academy rooftop. I tried a few times my first play and died so I gave up, but you actually can. Doesn't lead to a whole lot. I think I found a Darkmoon Xbow and another Burger King Crown. Cool, though.

I did that spot lost night. Don't think I found it in my first playthrough. There's so much blood on that ledge that I thought it must be impossible.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Honestly I think Ring has more memorable bosses than most Souksborne games. But there are also a lot there so it hitting higher is to be expected

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

The amount of stuff I’m STILL discovering in this game after 5 or so characters and 100+ hours of play time is insane. Not like DS3 where I got everything then just did PVP.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Disco Pope posted:

Maybe not memorable as in "Man this fight was fun and challenging" but I will always remember Boat Ghost.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I love boat ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wait what boss did you ride away from for a long time.

You can aggro basically any boss in this game with no real consequence