Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ughhhhhhhh that is so much a direct quote from Elon :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

evergreen snype

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Is he literally trying to now back track that he never waived due diligence?

"i only bought it on the expectation that it was a good and profitable company. as a consumer i have rights, you know?"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Is he literally trying to now back track that he never waived due diligence?

nope, read it again

he didn't do it "simply because he chose not to seek this data and information before entering into the Merger Agreement"

there were apparently other unspecified reasons it's because he's dumb but everyone tells him hes smart

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

I had a nap right after work. and this is what I wake up to. lomarf

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1545528932690190336

twitter was going down the drain long before elon came along

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
honestly though that letter is a loving mess because its a terrible argument

quote:

Twitter has failed or refused to provide this information. Sometimes Twitter has ignored Mr. Musk’s requests, sometimes it has rejected them for reasons that appear to be unjustified, and sometimes it has claimed to comply while giving Mr. Musk incomplete or unusable information.

In short, Twitter has not provided information that Mr. Musk has requested for nearly two months notwithstanding his repeated, detailed clarifications intended to simplify Twitter’s identification, collection, and disclosure of the most relevant information sought in Mr. Musk’s original requests.

While Twitter has provided some information, that information has come with strings attached, use limitations or other artificial formatting features, which has rendered some of the information minimally useful to Mr. Musk and his advisors.

its full of supposedly damning language but then softens with a "well actually" because its total bullshit and an official filing with the sec

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
we were not allowed literally unlimited firehose api queries per-second and so information was being withheld

they're not wrong

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

honestly though that letter is a loving mess because its a terrible argument

its full of supposedly damning language but then softens with a "well actually" because its total bullshit and an official filing with the sec

the part complaining about API caps was the best

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

"strings attached, use limitations or other artificial formatting features, which has rendered some of the information minimally useful to Mr. Musk and his advisors"

i should hope so. hes not supposed to "use" the firehose, hes supposed to check for bots :colbert:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also try saying "mr musk" out loud, i dont think ive ever heard or said that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm hoping the "artificial formatting features" were just "outputs in json" or something equally mundane

i also hope the brain geniuses working for musk thought they could just dupe twitter from the api feed or something equally loving stupid

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Main Paineframe posted:

the part complaining about API caps was the best

ahem

quote:

Twitter’s representation in the Merger Agreement regarding the accuracy of its SEC disclosures relating to false and spam accounts may have also caused, or is reasonably likely to result in, a Company Material Adverse Effect, which may form an additional basis for terminating the Merger Agreement. While Mr. Musk and his advisors continue to investigate the exact nature and extent of this event, Mr. Musk has reason to believe that the true number of false or spam accounts on Twitter’s platform is substantially higher than the amount of less than 5% represented by Twitter in its SEC filings.

this thing i did made the company bad, so i don't want it anymore. btw, have you heard about bots? on twitter??

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Carthag Tuek posted:

also try saying "mr musk" out loud, i dont think ive ever heard or said that

and his advisors!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
Mr. Musk and The Advisors sounds like a lovely monkees-esque marketing ploy band

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"there's too many bots on Twitter. I'm gonna buy the company to fix this"

"there's too many bots on Twitter. not gonna buy the company until they fix this"

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Carthag Tuek posted:

"strings attached, use limitations or other artificial formatting features, which has rendered some of the information minimally useful to Mr. Musk and his advisors"

i should hope so. hes not supposed to "use" the firehose, hes supposed to check for bots :colbert:

firehose goes up the butt

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Beeftweeter posted:

and his advisors!

~mister musk and his advisors is brought to you from a live studio audience~

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
So is this document outlining the deals supposed many failings the result of that crack team of lawyers he hired over Twitter?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

TerminalRaptor posted:

So is this document outlining the deals supposed many failings the result of that crack team of lawyers he hired over Twitter?

literally 10 lawyers put their name on that thing lmao

skadden is a pretty big white shoe firm though, i'm slightly surprised at how flimsy it is

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

quote:

giving Mr. Musk incomplete or unusable information.
unusable is doing some heavy lifting in this sentence

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
well that was a right pretty speech, mister twitter. but i ask you: what is a contract? websters defines it as "an agreement under the law which is unbreakable". which is unbreakable!

-- elons lawyers

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Beeftweeter posted:

literally 10 lawyers put their name on that thing lmao

skadden is a pretty big white shoe firm though, i'm slightly surprised at how flimsy it is

how many of the good lawyers left when they got blasted for being unregistered agents for a bunch of pariah states

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pls use the proper afrikaans pronunciation "moosty meensk"

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

FMguru posted:

well that was a right pretty speech, mister twitter. but i ask you: what is a contract? websters defines it as "an agreement under the law which is unbreakable". which is unbreakable!

-- elons lawyers

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

idk, shouldn't you be able to use the firehose or whatever to determine how many bots there are on twitter?

like i was expecting him to say "my ml team tells me 15% of accounts have bot-like posting patterns" but that's nowhere to be found.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FAUXTON posted:

how many of the good lawyers left when they got blasted for being unregistered agents for a bunch of pariah states

i feel like this is a trick question

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Eeyo posted:

idk, shouldn't you be able to use the firehose or whatever to determine how many bots there are on twitter?

like i was expecting him to say "my ml team tells me 15% of accounts have bot-like posting patterns" but that's nowhere to be found.

yes. if he was serious, he could say here's a way to count users that shows too many bots, and twitter could say ah but this way back&forth,etc. a decision could be made based on that

that's not what he is doing

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
he's actually going for a material adverse effect ruling. he'll never in a million years get it

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

on one hand elon owning twitter would be bad for the world

otoh elon owning twitter would be bad for elon

so it’s impossible to say whether its bad or not

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

in a well actually posted:

on one hand elon owning twitter would be bad for the world

otoh elon owning twitter would be bad for elon

so it’s impossible to say whether its bad or not

but what if twitter owns elon :getin:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zamujasa posted:

but what if twitter owns elon :getin:

tbf a sizable chunk of twitter is constantly owning elon

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
guy's name is "elon." lol. lmao. clown name.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
i really hope pleasurekevin is doing well :smith:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
elon sounds like a kind of mollusk or the poo poo that mixes in with diesel and chum and floats on top of the water around boats. i went swimming and now i have a bunch of elon stuck to my rear end

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Elon ending up with the burning, useless husk of Twitter 10 years hence is my new desired outcome.

Unless, inshallah, he dies before then.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Lady Radia posted:

i really hope pleasurekevin is doing well :smith:

wait why

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

they were always really goin' through it, and then kinda vanished outta nowhere!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

is he Elon?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

he OP'd the thread
so maybe actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Lady Radia posted:

they were always really goin' through it, and then kinda vanished outta nowhere!

oh lol. i thought like, either he got a job at tesla (rip) or bought a tesla (rip) or was in the general area of a tesla (yeah, rip)