Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'd heard he'd had health issues the last couple of years, and apparently it was dementia? That's rough, hopefully he went peacefully. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

We invented this poo poo! Cappucino...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5npnlDPaC4c

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Jerusalem posted:

I'd heard he'd had health issues the last couple of years, and apparently it was dementia? That's rough, hopefully he went peacefully. :rip:

Yeah, he was looking and acting kind of rough in the reunion shows I watched a few years ago and didn't seem well.

Been a bad year for dudes who play mobsters. Liotta, Caan and now Cicero. A little worried for Al Pacino, Deniro and Joe Pesci.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

RIP to a real one

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Ate some lo mein today, thought of this show.

edit: aw man poo poo I just found out, RIP

gently caress it, re-watching this show in honor

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jul 9, 2022

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Hey T? Didja hear what I tol’ ‘em?

I said ya muddah was selling’ blowjobs at the Eiffel Tower.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Heh heh heh.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kevin Finnerty wailing on the walls of his coma hotel screaming at the guy next door (Paulie chatting to Tony at bedside) to shut the gently caress up was such an incredible cut.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

*mean face*

Who the gently caress ya been talkin’ ta?!

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Tony Sirico rollin up to purgatory: "Whaddaya hear, whaddaya say?"

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Kevin Finnerty wailing on the walls of his coma hotel screaming at the guy next door (Paulie chatting to Tony at bedside) to shut the gently caress up was such an incredible cut.

In a similar vein, now I'm wistfully thinking about Paulie delivering the greatest soliloquy since Hamlet:
"Ever go to tie your shoes and you notice the end of your laces are wet? From what? Why would they be wet?"

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Sad when they go young like that.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Vichan posted:

Sad when they go young like that.

When they go??!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tony Sirico, whatever happened there.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

They say there's no two people on Earth exactly the same. No two faces. No two sets of fingerprints. But do they know that for sure? Because they would have to get everybody together in one huge space and obviously that’s not possible, even with computers. And not only that, they’d have to get all the people who've ever lived, not just the ones now. So they got no proof. They got nothin'. Mr. Sirico may have passed but who’s to say there isn’t another Mr. Sirico just like him, or will be? Maybe not with the same fears and paranoia but the same. What I’m saying is

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
RIP Paulie, one of the greatest characters of all time.

I know everyone will post the greatest hits, so here is a minor thing I always loved. In this dumb commercial, the way his face goes from smiling to angry is just so goddamn funny.

https://youtu.be/duq4Mww83FE

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I heard a story once that Tony Sirico always did his own hair and never let the makeup people touch it, the only time he let them gently caress with it was during the Pine Barrens filming.

And that's why his character never, ever wears a pull over. It's always button up shirts, because he didn't want his hair to get messed.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

He sounds like the kind of guy who could have easily been a nightmare to work with, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone claim that he was (well, starting from his acting career, anyway, nevermind what he did before that). Dude managed to be the fun kind of eccentric, and we all got to enjoy the benefits of it. What a pro

Anyway, this one always makes me a little misty-eyed. Don't worry about how he pays for the room

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

I heard a story once that Tony Sirico always did his own hair and never let the makeup people touch it, the only time he let them gently caress with it was during the Pine Barrens filming.

Yup. He always went to see his personal barber in the morning before filming.

https://twitter.com/israelizreal/status/1545554090758914048

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

my favorite and most chilling Sirico scene is when he gets busted trying to rob that old lady and then murders the poo poo out of her.

The way he tries to play it off with the "hey Min. Your door was open" to explain why he's rooting around under the bed is great and really awkward. Then he just stone cold fucks her up.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Apparently he didn’t really want to do that scene either. It’s pretty loving brutal.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I also get a kick about he goes off in an early episode about the franchising and modernization of pizza and coffee and poo poo where he's telling Pussy that no one knew what food was until Italy gave it to the world and then, when he goes to Italy, he's put off by the menu and the waiters make fun of his taste.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

BiggerBoat posted:

my favorite and most chilling Sirico scene is when he gets busted trying to rob that old lady and then murders the poo poo out of her.

The way he tries to play it off with the "hey Min. Your door was open" to explain why he's rooting around under the bed is great and really awkward. Then he just stone cold fucks her up.

Was that at the nursing home? Or did Min live elsewhere?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Minn was still living at her house preparing to move to Green Grove after it had been sold.

I've told this story in the past, but I used to see Tony Sirico once or twice a week at the local bodega when I still lived in Bay Ridge in Brooklyn. Hair impeccable, ready to greet you with a "How you doin' kid?" as he bought his bagel, coffee, and New York Post.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

BiggerBoat posted:

"You've known me since I was a kid!"

"HEEEEEELP!"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Mix it with the relish!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Couple of the things I always think about when I think of Paulie is the gesturing/pointing he did with his pinkie finger, and that ridiculous alteration he had made to the Pie-Oh-My picture.

“Dat ain’t no lawn jockey! Dats a General, T!”

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
All of a sudden, da machine goes BULL-poo poo

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MrMojok posted:

Couple of the things I always think about when I think of Paulie is the gesturing/pointing he did with his pinkie finger, and that ridiculous alteration he had made to the Pie-Oh-My picture.

It always reminded me of the line from Bronx Tale.

“Sonny had five fingers, but he only used three.”

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
drat I never realized the kid from Bronx tale is the kid that they killed

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0DR981GOKQ

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

MrMojok posted:

"It's not a real general, from history - it's you!"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Then I realized...I don't got a modern look in here!

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Ainsley McTree posted:

He sounds like the kind of guy who could have easily been a nightmare to work with, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone claim that he was (well, starting from his acting career, anyway, nevermind what he did before that). Dude managed to be the fun kind of eccentric, and we all got to enjoy the benefits of it. What a pro

Anyway, this one always makes me a little misty-eyed. Don't worry about how he pays for the room

I don't know why these fuckin actors I don't know at all make me all sad when they go. But Paulie man.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I love this scene
https://youtu.be/cxxmQZEbeFk
“What the gently caress? Why is this his song?”

RIP Commendatori

Edit: what the gently caress, that wasn’t even his song

Ralph Hurley fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 10, 2022

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Ralph Hurley posted:

I love this scene
https://youtu.be/Vs9b_c3MA5I
“What the gently caress? Why is this his song?”

RIP Commendatori

The one you linked is not the original scene. It's got a different song playing and it's kinda funny.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

lol I didn’t even check

Fixed

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Rewatching Pine Barrens to honor a friend of ours and the opening scene Gloria answers a land line phone on Tony's boat. Whaaaat? Was that a thing that existed? Why couldn't she just answer his cell phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He probably had his cell phone on him, but yes, there were landline hookups same as electricity, etc for boats stored at docks at the time. It used to be a thing at RV parks too.