Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Blast has normal human strength and speed, he just bends spacetime so he has more time to do things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Yeah, his powers can surely be interpreted to include time dilation.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Honestly even if this were the last arc I feel like it'd still take a few years worth of updates to wrap everything up

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope after this we ping pong back down to lower stakes and a clan of werewolves attack the cities like how we went from Vaccine Man to the giant; the meteor to Sea King and then Boros.

Running out of new threats aside from evil clones, androids, rogue AI, zombies, or something magical now.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Where

THE gently caress

is Watchdog Man

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Gologle posted:

Where

THE gently caress

is Watchdog Man

Guarding Q-City, like always :confused:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Gologle posted:

Where

THE gently caress

is Watchdog Man

It ain't City Q my dude, he doesn't give a poo poo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Q-City can only manifest it's Stand within it's city borders.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I like how Garou keeps copying Saitama despite his obvious, extremely basic form. Like we were making fun of him but wolf boy seems to be getting SOMETHING out of it or he wouldn't bother, right?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Just incase there was any lingering doubt about this:

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1545180716526612480

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

pik_d posted:

Guarding Q-City, like always :confused:

The safest place in the galaxy!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

pik_d posted:

Just incase there was any lingering doubt about this:
Well thats good news!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I hope after this we ping pong back down to lower stakes and a clan of werewolves attack the cities like how we went from Vaccine Man to the giant; the meteor to Sea King and then Boros.

Running out of new threats aside from evil clones, androids, rogue AI, zombies, or something magical now.

This arc wasn't supposed to have world ending stakes in the first place lmao. There's a shitton of spectacle here

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

This arc wasn't supposed to have world ending stakes in the first place lmao. There's a shitton of spectacle here

I'd argue that the existence of a Monster Association was always a world-ending threat. Even if we know they were no big deal for Saitama

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
when will the murata version go back to being the chill, laid back, spectacle free story that it never was?

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I'm really curious where this goes next because the next arc in the webcomic was kinda all over the place, and in not a good way.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

No Wave posted:

when will the murata version go back to being the chill, laid back, spectacle free story that it never was?

Every time a new volume comes out, in the fluffy bonus content.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

AfricanBootyShine posted:

I'm really curious where this goes next because the next arc in the webcomic was kinda all over the place, and in not a good way.

uh excuse you the webcomic is a perfect masterpiece and murata is a hack that makes all the fights dumb and poops on ONE-sama's immaculate vision how dare you sir plz apologize to the webcomic stans for this indignity sir

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

That's not how I've been pronouncing Garou...

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
yeah I've been thinking its gar-oo but I am in no way an expert in japanese pronunciation

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Revins posted:

yeah I've been thinking its gar-oo but I am in no way an expert in japanese pronunciation

That's the way I hear it when it's spoken in Japanese, in the anime

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
In French, "ou" is pronounced "oo", in Japanese it's more like saying "o" twice which ends up sounding a bit like "owe"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

I've read the webcomic and I know what they're doing after this, but I'm fine with the manga.

I haven't felt like One Punch Man has had a long term goal it was aiming towards since the beginning so the detours and such haven't really bothered me. We have a few plot points from Genos like: 'Who's the android that destroyed his village/city/hometown/whichever word he specifically used? Can Metal Knight or Drive Knight be trusted? And there was the prophecy from just before Boros attacked that the Earth was in danger, and maybe Sweet Mask is also some kind of mutant from the House of Evolution like Zombieman is but that's about all I've got that I can think of.

This isn't like Stranger Things or The Umbrella Academy where they're trying to stop the apocalypse or something, so :shrug: I'm not too bothered.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Elfface posted:

That's not how I've been pronouncing Garou...

I think of it as rhyming with Sparrow but have no idea if that's correct!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
If it helps, it's pronounced just like how a Japanese person would say "Hello" [in English] with Japanese phonemes, except with a G instead of an H at the beginning

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Devils Affricate posted:

If it helps, it's pronounced just like how a Japanese person would say "Hello" [in English] with Japanese phonemes, except with a G instead of an H at the beginning

Ahh, Jello

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I've been saying Gar-ooo.

GashouseGorilla
Nov 11, 2011

I've been pronouncing it like 'gif'

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

GashouseGorilla posted:

I've been pronouncing it like 'gif'

Jarou

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Gyro

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Raymond Luxury Yacht.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's Garo. Like row boat.

The ou is a more faithful transliteration (Hepburn) of how the japanese say the o sound in his name which completely ignores that most of the time an english reader encounters ou, it's like in you, so you naturally want to read it like Garoo, like kangaroo.

It's a case of bad editing, rather than bad translation really.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The ou is a more faithful transliteration (Hepburn) of how the japanese say the o sound in his name which completely ignores that most of the time an english reader encounters ou, it's like in you, so you naturally want to read it like Garoo, like kangaroo.

Yeah I probably would have gone with Garoh or Garow personally.

Maybe even something like Gahrow, so people don't think it's Gay-ro (lol). This might seem over the top, but apparently there are people who pronounce Mario as "Mayrio"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I still think it should be pronounced like loup garou

So you know. Swallow that r

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its pronounced owo

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It's not that hard a name

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

chiasaur11 posted:

It's probably the most difficult language to learn for a primary English speaker.

Looks like someone hasn't tried Russian.
At least Japanese has rules to its language.

Garou's name isn't pronounced, it is merely alluded to with a stern glance.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Josuke Higashikata posted:

As expected, the poster with a Jojo Part 8 username understands this.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is there a reason no one is using the anime as a reference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is there a reason no one is using the anime as a reference?

Looking up the answer is cheating!