Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

If I was still playing hams2, a gimmick game i never got around to trying was to ally and then do everything in your power to boost up one of those also-ran factions. With territory trading it's not the same but at least pretty borders in hams 3 are much easier to attain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Khatep got to use the Ark of the Covenant as a mount. Enjoy a siege engine lord so he gets points for that.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Khatep would be a cool horde faction, use a similar unit cap system to taurox with canopic jars or something.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
If Khatep still starts in Spooky California, wonder if the waters on that coast are navigable, so he can escape to one of the Sea Lanes if he needs to.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

📍 Settra the Imperishable - Khemri
📍 Grand Hierophant Khatep - Clarak Spire
📍 High Queen Khalida - Lybaras
📍 Arkhan the Black - Sorcerers Islands

no moves, kind of surprised actually

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
None of them could really move across the world really, too tied to the specific area, cities and rivalries, Khatep could go anywhere that isn't Khemri but he'll have better options not being squished against the edge of the map anymore.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Khalida is literally surrounded by overpowered LLs who are all hostile to her, Jesus Christ. :stonk:

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

TKs really need some way to get more powerful while not controlling much territory, especially given how garbage their garrisons tend to be, and getting more stacks of chaff doesn't really cut it

maybe their unit caps should be tied to spending canopic jars rather than buildings, beastman style

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Khalida's Vortex start is really nice but I assume she's where she is because TKs will get a touch up by the time Neferata is released and rivals should be within punching distance of each other.

She is also the coolest and my friend.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Yeah I fully expect the TKs and undead as a whole to get a meaningful rework/balance patch in a year from now when they plop Nagash down on the map somewhere. Also VCs seem to be CAs inhouse favourite so they will probably just get some love regardless.

Skarbrand starts looking less and less scary if Bone Daddys just around the corner.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Doomykins posted:

Khalida's Vortex start is really nice but I assume she's where she is because TKs will get a touch up by the time Neferata is released and rivals should be within punching distance of each other.

She is also the coolest and my friend.

Bad news then, cuz Neferata lives in Silver Pinnacle northeast of Ungrim

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It's not that big a trek north, the placeholder faction is adjacent to the "Here There Be Chorfs" blank spot just NE of her.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

They're not withing spitting distance, but still pretty close compared to Khalida's vortex start, where she would have to sail around the southern tip of Lustria all the way up to either Barak Varr (who won't appreciate mummies landing on their coast, plus the trek through dawi and greenskin occupied mountains without underway stance is pain incarnate), or around the entire Southlands to land a little bit north of where she starts now to make her way to the Silver Pinnacle. This puts her within realistic distance to Neferata, once she gets added.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Finally, this mod makes the game playable

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2832173723

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Finally, this mod makes the game playable

Looks like the Dune total conversion is off to a great start.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Somehow that reskin makes them so much worse.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
Whenever I end up near him, I always ally Khatep and try and help him expand. I just gotta help the poor guy!

The true reason to play Sisters is to play the "make Khatep the strongest in the game" game.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

My clean one eating 40 jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Khalida and Settra are hyper hosed. They'll be dead in 20 turns. TKs (and vamps) need some love. RIP.

Tomorrow is the murder hippies. I don't expect a ton of changes, maybe Durthu goes on a genocide vacation, idk. We'll see!

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Ultimately it will be more about those two new forests and what bonuses they incur as wood elves start location is only the first 20 odd turns or less and then bam you can be anywhere

e: what will be interesting in terms of the start is how easy it is to confederate the other wood elf factions, so Durthu out east will mean when your confed pops it's a whole new theater served up on a platter.
e2: which makes me think Durthu won't move. Drycha's quest chain likes him where he is quite a bit I think. Maybe Orion?

Twigand Berries fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 9, 2022

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Gonkish posted:

Khalida and Settra are hyper hosed. They'll be dead in 20 turns. TKs (and vamps) need some love. RIP.

Good news is that both seem really likely to me with a probable Neferata DLC and maybe inbound Nagash at some point!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The devs did mention that the tomb kings will need some love, so I wouldn't go all doom and gloom about their starts yet, when IE comes out they might toss them a bone (hur)

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

scaled down the massive loving faction icons so they fit within the region they start in aprox and to get a sense of about how many turns it will take before skarbrand loving kills the tomb kings

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol I just noticed the province called Turtle Isles. That's the Teclis vortex start, but it's migrated from off the coast of south Chile to being mainland Peru. Bold choice, Turtles.

e: Turtlemen are next to Fish Aelves as factions I will accept wholeheartedly into the fantasy universe

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 9, 2022

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Skarbrand is going to feast on skeletons and rats. Less work cleaning off all the skulls for the skull throne.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The eastern blank provinces, the lower one is all Ind and the northern nub is Nippon yea?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The lower is Ind and Khuresh, the upper is just more landmass, Nippon is a big island just off map to the east

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The eastern blank provinces, the lower one is all Ind and the northern nub is Nippon yea?

The northern nub is not-Korea, which would be astonishingly racist even for early GW to name Nippon.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They never mentioned fantasy korea so I just assumed since there doesn't seem to be any other landmass over there for Nippon.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 9, 2022

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
We will get nippon invading manchuria before we get araby

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

They never mentioned fantasy korea so I just assumed since there doesn't seem to be any other landmass over there for Nippon.

Yeah, Nippon got completely cut.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Azran posted:

Yeah, Nippon got completely cut.

They need to save something for Total Warhammer 4

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.

Torrannor posted:

The northern nub is not-Korea, which would be astonishingly racist even for early GW to name Nippon.

That's probably just more Cathay. Korea doesn't have an equivalent in the Warhammer World because to be perfectly blunt Warhammer was made by white British dudes in the 1980s and back then to white British dudes East Asia was made up of China and Japan and nothing else.

At least Korea's not alone, there's no Portugal, Greece, or Balkans equivalents(no the border princes don't count) in the old world.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Also the Native Americans are lizards

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.
The South Americans are anyway, I swear there was some old lore that there were Human natives in Naggaroth but then the Dark Elves completely genocided them. Even in fantasy settings Native Americans can't win.

I'm not gonna lie, TWW are games that I like in spite of the Warhammer setting not because of it. It is honestly a pretty god drat racist setting beholden to lore made up back in the 80's and I kind of wish that the fantasy spinoff of Total War was based off anything else, even something like the Elder Scrolls or whatever but I like commanding armies of skeletons and zombies and poo poo to overrun NotGermany so what are you gonna do?

Cannibal Llama fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 9, 2022

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

not-korea is just an extension not-chinese civilization and nippon doesn't even exist. the han nationalist fantasy

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I think not-Korea is just part of the Chaos wastes or something in this world. Nippon got cut off the map, sadly. Ind and Khuresh are currently very big empty "future content here" signs, though what form that content might eventually take we don't know. (I'm hoping they'll go nuts and do them properly, rather than filling the land with filler factions or playable subfactions of existing races, though I kind of doubt that that would ever happen.)

I really want the Naga of Khuresh to have a Cambodian/Laotian/Vietnamese vibe to them. That aesthetic is just SO loving RIPE for interpretation, and could make them look REALLY distinct, although some/all of them being evil snake people might... not fly so well given the implications.

Ind has "tigermen" but we're not sure if those are beastmen variants or just, like, a cool name for humans. Still, a South Asian (India/Pakistan/Bangladesh) themed faction would be super cool, too. (Neither Ind nor Khuresh have huge amounts of lore, so they're blank slates, really.)

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Cannibal Llama posted:

That's probably just more Cathay. Korea doesn't have an equivalent in the Warhammer World because to be perfectly blunt Warhammer was made by white British dudes in the 1980s and back then to white British dudes East Asia was made up of China and Japan and nothing else.

The stories the publishing guys i work with have of getting the Korean marketers drunk as gently caress to facilitate fast business runs counter to this idea :v:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86lr36DV1ho

Pour one for my boy Settra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

not-korea has no actual name or listed settlements besides being labeled as part of grand cathay

the landmass being there feels like real-estate for future lord packs