Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Alison is a sweetheart I hope she's doing well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
The latest bit of fun: a $800k federal tax lien

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

lol we're at the "refusing to pay taxes" stage of the right wing radio grift. Good luck in prison, aceman.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I remember before I stopped listening to carolla entirely one of his go to rants was about how “tHe LeFt” should shut the gently caress up about literal millionaires like himself paying a larger share of taxes because he already pays so much more into the system than the average poor person he has such contempt for, and therefore he has done enough to keep society afloat, or something, and everyone else should just shut up and work harder like he does.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I hope he doesn't have to sell any cars. :ohdear:

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

no choice but to get it on

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

lol

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I remember how his complaints about Donny started out fun and it felt like he was in on it, like Conan and La Bamba. Then the reason for his anger got less goofy and one time he spent like 15 minutes mad about where a microphone was placed during an interview and Donny argued back and it felt weird how the exchange wasn’t funny and the guest got uncomfortable. Culminating in Donny successfully suing for a good chunk of change for profits he was promised but never got.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

pzy posted:

The latest bit of fun: a $800k federal tax lien

a debt factory not a debt warehouse

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

that tax lien's not a chair

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
If you got time to lien you got time to clien. :colbert:

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

drew you know who knows about tax liens?
chief thunderbear.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If you got time to lien you got time to clien. :colbert:

this is it

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I remember how his complaints about Donny started out fun and it felt like he was in on it, like Conan and La Bamba. Then the reason for his anger got less goofy and one time he spent like 15 minutes mad about where a microphone was placed during an interview and Donny argued back and it felt weird how the exchange wasn’t funny and the guest got uncomfortable. Culminating in Donny successfully suing for a good chunk of change for profits he was promised but never got.

Totally forgot about Donny. He seemed like a good egg.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

holefoods posted:

drew you know who knows about tax liens?
chief thunderbear.

Na na not gonna pay

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Evil Agita posted:

Totally forgot about Donny. He seemed like a good egg.

Yeah in Adam's orbit he was with Teresa in that they are talented professionals who could stand up for themselves and had options when Adam's behavior got ridiculous. As compared to Bald Bryan who I doubt would protest even if Adam began firing guns in the studio.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

tax lein the size of a mason jar

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Ralph Hurley posted:

tax lein the size of a mason jar

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
His couch gets repossessed, sees Sonny sitting. "HEY! A helment's not a chair!"

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Medullah posted:

His couch gets repossessed, sees Sonny sitting. "HEY! A helment's not a chair!"

Unrealistic: Sonny wasn’t allowed to have a helmet :smith:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

vote_no posted:

Unrealistic: Sonny wasn’t allowed to have a helmet :smith:

:perfect:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Semi-related to this thread, but if you listened to ACS back in the day and liked Dameshek, he later had a pretty amazing podcast called Daves of Thunder. I caught onto it way late because I had already stopped following Adam at that point, but wanted to mention it here in case someone might be interested and hadn’t heard it.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I have tried to get this thread to listen to that too. They even brought it back semi recently, to my shock, and had a run of episodes that then stopped. No jacuzzi Pete though. I also still listen to Dameshek on his sports betting podcast.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is this podcast still going lol who’s even left, has the divorce caused him to start any more failed projects

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Seconding this.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Looks like crankyankers is back? maybe?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The last podcast I listened to of his was Reasonable Doubt, mostly to hear Mark Garagos' take on the topic in the description. Instead of it was a long rant about lovely California regulations. Even when I agree with him, the podcasts are pretty much unlistenable.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Who the gently caress does phone calls anymore?

This is just some Grade A GenX pandering from the "comedy factory."

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
When I stopped listening, they were usually the same callers. Kinda sad on both ends :smith:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

the world is your oyster
:backtowork:
because that’s all the world is

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

https://twitter.com/adamcarolla/status/1564140853211193344?s=21&t=YUShCaltjcdwApPTyvKoKA

You were correct about what now?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

rub some dirt on it your helmet is not a chair

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I can only assume he thinks COVID isn't/wasn't a big deal and since COVID is over now (lol) he was right to never have done anything unlike those SHEEP who... wear/wore masks?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tweak posted:

I can only assume he thinks COVID isn't/wasn't a big deal and since COVID is over now (lol) he was right to never have done anything unlike those SHEEP who... wear/wore masks?

They all think they were right the whole time because pretty much everyone threw up their hands and went back to normal because a chunk of the country is never going to get vaccinated (mostly thanks to them).

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, It's cool that the virus has mutated to the point where it's much less lethal and we have a vaccine, but... a lot of people died and/or have hosed lungs.

A lot of people.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I mean, It's cool that the virus has mutated to the point where it's much less lethal and we have a vaccine, but... a lot of people died and/or have hosed lungs.

A lot of people.

Adam is definitely one of the people that will never think something is a problem until it personally fucks him over, and even then...

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

weren't we having a 9/11 worth of deaths every single day during its peak over this past winter lmfao

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

death factory, not death warehouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think he's just doing the new right-wing thing where they pretend very few people died and we should have never closed anything down (even though barely anything shut down).