Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Vasler posted:

Oh man, I need 100 of three different gold fish now. Why god, why.

enjoy fliers™️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Kaboobi posted:

enjoy fliers™️

He'll enjoy them even more when he needs another 150 on top of those

km2
Jul 27, 2012
Buddy can go eat my crusty arse!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Yeah, Buddy served me up some poo poo today as well, the rope alone is worth far more as a net in PC

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

They really need to tweak that system more. I have zero desire to complete any of those requests right now because they simply aren’t worth it.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Referee posted:

They really need to tweak that system more. I have zero desire to complete any of those requests right now because they simply aren’t worth it.

Same. Not even getting vendor price for what I'm being asked to give blows. And it doesn't help that peaches are mostly locked behind the same mechanic.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
The chances of getting 10 worthwhile or even tolerable PHRs in a row is slim so 1 peach per successful request is awful.

Some are asking for 100x Salt which is a big nope, there needs to be a timer for these to fall off and peach juice is just a way to speed it up

It doesn't help that the dev was in global describing clearing them as a "gold sink"

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Lol what? Then what the gently caress are they for? Why do them?

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Umbreon posted:

Lol what? Then what the gently caress are they for? Why do them?

Well, mine pay out 50-80 mil or so and often have gold fish or rare items as rewards (Eg 90 moonstone), so maybe they’re just intended more for endgame.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
The whole mechanic would make more sense if clearing personal requests came with some kind of unique currency you could spend on items or upgrades. As it is though it seems like a mechanic born to be forgotten.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Yeah, all of mine have sucked so far and I’m planning on just ignoring them entirely.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Craftworks is interesting but I can’t really see a situation where I’d need more than 5 or so slots. Really only useful for things than come in automatically and you want them to craft.

1. Twine
2. Rope
3. Yarn
4. Iron Rings (not super useful even here because high resource availability and low waste)

I guess you could do some targeted items when doing GMs like

Chum - Buckets - Boards

It’s less useful if you are spam exploring because you’ll run out of inventory or most recipes need something you can’t automate like paste.

Probably at least worth 3 points for max Twine, Rope, Yarn because that’s the biggest manual micromanaging and wasted auto resources. Waking up every day to max twine, rope, yarn will be nice.

You could do scissors as well to keep from capping steel. Feels like a min/max threshold might work better than insta craft everything.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

I really wish there was a way to set a “sell all but X” for items, for that matter. Sell any beets over 500, etc.

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
Hi guys! Just read the op a little while ago and I've been playing for the past few hours. In game name is thomawesome!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Oh I just realize I haven't posted here but this thread got me into this game, my IGN is Spaced God

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Kalman posted:

I really wish there was a way to set a “sell all but X” for items, for that matter. Sell any beets over 500, etc.

This is basically the point of the storehouse.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

susan b buffering posted:

This is basically the point of the storehouse.

Yeah but that would require spending an alarming amount of gold to set aside any useful amount of items; storehouse is great for stashing one of something, but given the number of items late game quests can require it doesn’t work for what I’d want it to do (stashing 500-700 of an item and selling anything over that number.)

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I think it starts to make more sense once you're getting 12-14 inventory space per day and have most of the good farm supply perks bought. +50 inventory space for 120 gold for me just completely sucks when I get that much every 4 days. The other perks I have left are:

-Distributor I (never have I been on the farm screen and thought "wish I didn't have to leave this screen to sell crops")
-Flour Power (might want this when cooking comes out with a likely constant sink for flour, until then my inventory is full and when I need some for a help request it's refilled in a few hours)
-Savings account III, IV, V (I have never had 500 gold at once and if I did I probably wouldn't spend it on these - that's 40k silver per day per gold spent, and I don't really know what the gold<->silver equivalency is but that seems low, especially when considering the value of the cellar expansion perks)
-Cellar Expansion III, IV, V (right now I am cycling 5-6 bottles of wine through per day, each of these would add about 1.4 per day, or 20.8m gold = 83k, 59k, and 46k daily silver per gold spent - and even more value when I factoring in bottle warmer) - so I might grab the 250 gold one at some point.
-Wine-o-matic (sure I could buy this but the 30 seconds I spend in the wine cellar every day isn't worth 50 gold to me)
-Feed boost (I'm keeping 250 pigs fed just fine)
-Wheel grease (so it's 2 minutes instead of 30 seconds but that's still not worth 50 gold)
-Star map (I know of absolutely no one that uses charters/expeditions)
-Conversation Skills (no point in getting this until XP-to-silver conversion goes live for us plebs)

So that's maybe 450 gold I'd want to spend absent new perks showing up. Looks like 5 craftworks slots cost 600 gold total. What's left is permanent useful upgrades - stamina, inventory, mailbox, and storehouse size (and I guess craftworks soon); and less useful sinks (charters/expeditions, art gallery cosmetics, flea market, extra WW throws, refill PHRs, rushing feed/flour, cancelling slaughters). Right now I'm at 200 storehouse size and it's +25 for 35 gold, so that's already a better deal than straight inventory size. (I think 200 to 500 is 750 gold if the price goes up by 5 gold every time you buy +25).

All this is to say that eventually you'll run out of things that are a good idea to spend gold on, and I feel like getting to 500 storehouse size is almost a trivial decision when the only other choices are cosmetics and flea market or regular inventory size at a worse size-to-gold ratio.

I guess it's also less of an issue if you're entirely F2P, I don't think there's enough items in the game to GM to unlock even all of the most useful farm supply perks.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Xerol posted:

-Conversation Skills (no point in getting this until XP-to-silver conversion goes live for us plebs)

XP-to-Silver conversion has been available to all since June 20th, and the Farm Supply skill doubles your daily silver from 100M to 200M.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Guess I should refresh the tab more often.

In other news I'm 51 gold coral from the last hard part of unlocking the new fishing zone. Earlier I got all 100 goldfins in the same amount of time it usually takes me to get 10 gold fliers. Of course I'm also stuck on the gold fish step of ATI and I'll have 129 more to catch, which at the rate I've been going is still 2 weeks out.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

e: flew too close to the sun

susan b buffering fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 11, 2022

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I somehow got a couple hundred million silver?

I desposited all my money before going to bed, and woke up this morning and took it out, and now I have like, 10x?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

mrmcd posted:

I desposited all my money before going to bed, and woke up this morning and took it out, and now I have like, 10x?

Probably Grand Mastered something? That pays 250M iirc

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

mrmcd posted:

Did you recently complete a request or achievement that might have awarded you a substantial amount of silver? That's the most likely explanation.

Edit: Or GM as someone said above.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Oh, right, it was GMing boards. :classiclol:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I've got all the $1B upgrades, and got all my available relevant pets to 6. I'm only at 98/99/99/87 so should I focus my resources on unlocking PC at this point since I can't start unlocking the tower yet?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
How the gently caress were you supposed to get Shark Teeth before the exchange center? Cause all of a sudden I need 50 and I only have 1 out of an 87 fishing skill. That sounds like something people should have been yelling at you about like catfish if you could collect them. Buddy.farm shows that you could only get 3 before that poo poo came out. Is Intruders Beware a newish quest?

e; lol i should have figured something like this would be a snobby thing. not here, but i got all sorts of poo poo when i asked in chat and still no actual answer.
double edit; wow chat moderation is really bad, i got chat banned for telling a troll to eat me and when i PM'd the mod, they told me that i was in the wrong because i was being angry. i know that sounds like i'm overreacting but it was literally "eat me"

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jul 10, 2022

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Large Testicles posted:

How the gently caress were you supposed to get Shark Teeth before the exchange center? Cause all of a sudden I need 50 and I only have 1 out of an 87 fishing skill. That sounds like something people should have been yelling at you about like catfish if you could collect them. Buddy.farm shows that you could only get 3 before that poo poo came out. Is Intruders Beware a newish quest?

e; lol i should have figured something like this would be a snobby thing. not here, but i got all sorts of poo poo when i asked in chat and still no actual answer.
double edit; wow chat moderation is really bad, i got chat banned for telling a troll to eat me and when i PM'd the mod, they told me that i was in the wrong because i was being angry. i know that sounds like i'm overreacting but it was literally "eat me"

Yeah it’s a newer quest. A later quest in the string requires an item (rubber duck) that I’m pretty sure necessitates you using exchange center to get them. There’s nowhere else to.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Fhqwhgads posted:

I've got all the $1B upgrades, and got all my available relevant pets to 6. I'm only at 98/99/99/87 so should I focus my resources on unlocking PC at this point since I can't start unlocking the tower yet?

Yeah, I personally think trying to do a Towering Investment is a waste of time until you are full 99s. There are no real rewards early on and a huge cost. Not having the bear and capybara will make it very painful.

I have 2 more exploration levels to go and it very much feels like hitting my head into the wall but I still won’t start the tower yet.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

HelloNewman posted:

Yeah it’s a newer quest. A later quest in the string requires an item (rubber duck) that I’m pretty sure necessitates you using exchange center to get them. There’s nowhere else to.

You get one from mailbox but the second one comes from exchange

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Large Testicles posted:

Intruders Beware came out at the same time as the exchange center.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
What is corn jail? :v: (I assume some quest where you need a bazillion corn but still could someone explain the joke? Or is it just because the game is a farming time suck?)

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

H110Hawk posted:

What is corn jail? :v: (I assume some quest where you need a bazillion corn but still could someone explain the joke? Or is it just because the game is a farming time suck?)

You'll know when you're in corn jail.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

H110Hawk posted:

You are in corn jail if you're asking what corn jail is

Edit: Also prepare yourselves for meat day! Forecasted to start on the 12th.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

H110Hawk posted:

1) Even with all the perks, corn takes awhile to grow.
2) Harvesting corn has a very small chance to reward you with Runestone 11.
3) There are multiple quests that require very large amounts of corn each.
4) There are multiple quests that require one or more Runestones 11.
5) Neither corn nor Runestone 11 can be mailed, so other players can't help you.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Lawlicaust posted:

You get one from mailbox but the second one comes from exchange

Mass Hysteria is the pass if anyone else is wondering

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

1) Even with all the perks, corn takes awhile to grow.
2) Harvesting corn has a very small chance to reward you with Runestone 11.
3) There are multiple quests that require very large amounts of corn each.
4) There are multiple quests that require one or more Runestones 11.
5) Neither corn nor Runestone 11 can be mailed, so other players can't help you.

Excluding endgame quests (tower, way back jubilee) you have to turn in around 9500 over 40 or so quests. And all that may not be enough to get you a rune either!

You’ll literally be growing corn for weeks.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm gonna sell sunflowers.

I know I will regret this later. But the push to 1 billion demands haste.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Shinjobi posted:

I'm gonna sell sunflowers.

I know I will regret this later. But the push to 1 billion demands haste.

It's fine. Maybe save an inventory load when you're close to level 90 and can grow beets.

Also I removed my fishing script because I got a warning in game about it, so if you managed to download it you may want to not run it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

That’s too bad. I’m staring down piles of gold fish in requests, and my fingers are not excited about it.